Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2010, 12:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*Dances about* When are we starting?

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2010, 12:40 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*Joins Maeth in dancing* Yes! I can't wait to start!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 8:06 pm 
Vala
Vala

Are we going to start soon? Im excited for this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2010, 4:15 am 
Elf
Elf

Oh, bad Meldy. :blink:

My exams have crept up on me, but I should be able to kick-start this within a couple of days. :D

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2010, 10:59 pm 
Vala
Vala

^Okie, I understand. Exams are quite the hassle. Good luck on them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2010, 5:06 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

^^ Icky, I now how those go. Life suckers. I hope all your exams went well!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 4:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

I am joining as an Anime Character from Cowboy Bebop.

Name: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (Self named and calls her self Ed, or Radical Edward for short.)
Appearance: (age 13) http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=edbebop ... 24#/d7l7hy , (now) Her hair is the same, Still tanned skin, curves. Wears jeans, boots, a white tank, loose black tie, and a mans Trench coat. And goggles on her head.
Personality: Exentrack but has mellowed a bit from the child she was.
History: Born on Earth in 2058. Abandoned from her father she went to an orphanage, but left at age 10. She became an infamouse supper hacker called Radical Edward. at Age 13 she joined the bebop Crew of Bounty Hunters, but eventully joined her dad againwhen they found him. ((This part I am adding). She found out later one of the bebops crew died, the main hunter. she decided to become a bounty Hunter as well as a Hacker.
Miscellaneous Notes: Her trench coat and tie belonged to the dead bounty hunter she had worked with on the Bebop. His name, Spike Speigel. She had a laptop named Tomatoe, and a smaller hand held named Tomatoe Jr. Also with her is awelsh Corgi Data dog, 11 years old, named Ein. She aslo has two hand guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 3:31 am 
Maia
Maia

((will we start this soon???))

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 5:21 am 
Elf
Elf

[I'm back, and finally ready to start this off :D Thanks for your patience, everyone. :)]

There was a small crash as three-year-old Eva accidentally knocked over her tower of building blocks. She gave them a sullen look, unhappy that they'd spoiled her masterpiece of construction and ruined her thirty minutes of careful work.

She was sat on a large blue blanket her mother had laid out for her, so she could enjoy the sun from the safety of the garden and her building-block castle. The task of building said castle had taken up most of the morning, as it required a toddler to have a steady hand an patience, and Eva, as a typical toddler, had neither.

Eva's sulk lasted minutes, however, because something caught her eye. The house she lived in with her parents was on the very outskirts of the city, and so they didn't get too many interesting passers-by; this made long, lazy days somewhat boring unless there was an event being held close by.

Had she been older and paid more attention, Eva might've noticed, as her mother did, that strange people had been arriving claiming to be from all kinda of wild places; she had no idea if they spoke the truth, but all certainly seemed convinced of it and were distraught, angry and even hysterical when told that the inhabitants of the city had no idea what they were talking about. Most disappeared soon after they reappeared, but that wasn't because they'd traipsed off to where ever it was they came from in the first place, it was because they'd wandered to the corners of the world to see if they could find a tiny piece or part of the world they'd left behind.

Eva's mother, framed in the doorway, watched as a giggle escaped her little girl, who had quite forgotten that five minutes ago she'd been upset that her tower has been destroyed. Children were blessed with short attention spans.

What had attracted her daughters attention, however, now caught her own: there was a dark speck moving at speed down the green hillside towards the outskirts. It was a person, because it was flailing its arms in order to keep itself balanced as it moved down the grassy slope; it was a stranger, because no-one who knew the city roamed far across those hills, and those that did had bought, hired or built vehicles to aid them in the journey, as it had previously been proved to be a long and arduous one.

The stranger had more of a defined shape now he was closer, and it was most definitely a he: his dark hair was swept back, a little too ‘windswept and interesting’ than he'd like; he wore a brown suit with something bright red tied around his neck and in one of his outstretched arm was something that was emitting a high pitched buzzing noise that was rather irritating to the ears after a while.

The man stopped to lean against the wall that fenced off the garden from the path that ran alongside it and peered at the long, shiny metallic object that seemed to be the source of the buzzing. Eva found him to be a source of great amusement; she had never seen anyone dress as he did nor seen anyone behave so outlandishly. Her mother, on the other hand, surveyed him with mingled concern and disapproval. To tell the truth, she was afraid of him, him and everyone else who arrived here and told all who would listen of worlds filled with adventure and wonder. It didn't do you good to go chasing impossibilities, she thought.

When his breathing returned to normal, the Doctor turned and waved cheerily. With his slightly flustered appearance and crazy smile he was not the picture of sanity, but that, of course, didn't stop him greeting everyone he saw amiably with a few odd questions.

“Hello, people! Blimey, I'm glad to see something alive. You wouldn't happen to know exactly where we are, would you?”

He watched the woman intently, with nothing but an eager politeness in his expression. Silence stretched out, broken only by the incessant giggling of Eva, who still could not get over how odd this man appeared to be.

The Doctor peered down at the child from a distance, frowning. If he wasn't misinterpreting, the child thought he looked funny. Absent mindedly he checked his appearance himself, admitted silently that it is possible to look a little weird when running down a hill in the middle of the day wearing a suit that got him strange looks on modern-day Earth, let alone out here in the sparsely-populated parts of the universe.

“Bow ties are cool,” he rationalized quietly to himself.

Eva's mother, uncertain and somewhat nervous, watched the man proceed to talk to himself as if such an act were perfectly normal. She'd seen strange folk around recently, but none so strange as this one; to think of it, he didn't have an inkling of where he was - and he'd asked as if inquiring about the weather!

“This is the Southern City.” she told him, attempting to keep the suspicion out of her voice.

“Yes, so it is... I was actually thinking a little bigger, like, which planet are we on?” The Doctor had an off-hand and casual tone, the woman he was talking to looked couldn't have looked more unnerved if she'd run head first into a Dalek. He might tell her that if she ever got to the end of her sentence.

“Eva, would you come inside please?” she asked distractedly, not taking her dark eyes from the Doctor's face. The toddler half-stumbled, half-danced into the house, still giggling to herself and oblivious to most everything around her.

“For instance,” the Doctor continued loudly, trying to prompt the woman into saying something he could use, “I've just come from Earth, which, from here, should be the third galaxy over on the right.”

Silence.

“Okay, then you have a wonderful day...” he trailed off and backed away, looking both wide eyed and a tad deranged.

Muttering something about how human brains being unable to process anything other than their idea of ‘reality’ the Doctor ran off towards the centre of the city along a road entirely devoid of people.

“Soooo,” he mumbled to himself, as was his tendency, “what am I supposed to do now?”

<center>- - -</center>

[Woot, we're finally going! This is gonna be epic. :teehee:

- ETA, spots are still open for people to jump in if they haven't already. These spots will be left open for a while because people randomly appearing in the middle of nowhere is fun. :D]

Last edited by Darkheart on June 25th, 2010, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 2:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ed sighed. she opened her laptop, and sat on the ground, typing to see exzctly where she was and if she could connect to the Bebop. She had just finished another bounty hunt, having a semi-childish celebration at the station when she got her reward, then suddenly Ein, whom she had left at her veicle and was currently laying beside her, ran to her barking like mad. Thats when she blinked and found herself here. SShe put her head in her hands. "OOOHHHH Ed is so confused. Is Ein confused too?" she said sliping into the third person that she did now only when she was stressed and tired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 1:29 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Running was not Fiona Glenanne faovrite thing in the world. Running in heels was even worse. However, when this deal went bad, Fiona really didn't have much of a choice. Now she just had to figure out where she was running too.

Fi glanced around as she ran. She wasn't see anything that would give her enough cover. The guys chasing her were pros. They knew what spots to look in if she suddenly vanished: dark alley ways, any doors around, behind trash cans, ect. No, she needed something more original, and she needed it fast!

Well this was bad. She needed a miracle. Fi had taken a wrong turn and was now stairing at a brick wall.

"She's around here somewhere. Search everywhere!"

Okay, don't panic. There is always a way out. Fi thought as she looked at her surroundings. She looked behind a dumster and saw a hole just large enough for her to fit into. Fiona knew the men would certainly look behind here, but their foot steps were getting closer. She only had two choices: hide and probably(but not certainly) be caught or stand in the open to be caught and die. The former sounded the best of the two so she dove for the hole.

Fi had no sooner gotten into the whole and positionned the dumpster infront of her hiding spot when she heard the men come into the alley. She pushed herself farther into the hole as if it would somehow help the situation. Wait, was she falling? The next thing Fi knew, she was flat on her back lying on some grass. She sat up too quickly and felt her head spin. Once the world before her eyes stopped spinning, the site that met her eyes was a rather unusual one.

Instead of a dirty Miami alley way, Fi was now stairing at open grass land. It looked like something out of a John Wayne movie. There were rolling hills all around her.

"What in the world?!" Fi blurted out. By now she was on her feet. This didn't make sense at all. People didn't just wind up in new places. She was in Miama not Hollywood for crying out loud!! By this time her hands were shaking. This wasn't right. Where was she? More importantly, what was she suppose to do now? Fi had been in a lot of bad situations, but this was unlike anyother. She felt so overwhelmed. Yet, there was something else to. It was fear. Maybe getting caught by those men wasn't such a bad idea. "Oh, Michael, I wish you were here."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 12:13 am 
Vala
Vala

((Woohoo! I'm glad this has started))

Nikola Tesla muttered darkly under his breath, placing the delicate scientific instruments back onto the table in order to contain his temper. For the past few months he had been working avidly on DNA recombination, but despite the long hours, he had little to show for his efforts.

"I should be further along than this" he complained angrily. "I'm brilliant!" And, despite the anger that his assosiates felt at his overwhelming pride, he was. The Nicola Tesla of the early 1900 hundreds was brilliant enough. But given almost a century and the DNA of the naturally gifted vampires, Nikola had become almost superhuman in his mental abilities. True, he couldn't take the credit for his inventions (humanity would have a hard time accepting the fact that the beloved Serbian scientist was still alive, much less a vampire), but a mind like his couldn't just stay idle.

He stood still, glaring at the microscope as he churned through new ideas and sorted through old ones. One way or another, he would make his experiment work. He would find a way to take over the world and bring back the vampire race that once ruled it. It was an insane idea, more suited to a story book villain than a real life scientist. But only he could say that he was a 154 year old brilliant, electricity weilding vampire who would one day rule the planet. That made him special, and he liked that.

So deep in thought, Nikola was disoriented as the world around him went blackened and buzzed, only to suddenly dissolve, leaving him standing on top of a green hill.

"Druitt." he growled. He turned, expecting to see the tall imposing stature, the wide wry grin, and the icy, sharp, gleaming eyes of the man who had earned the name "Jack the Ripper". The man had the ability to transport himself through space in the blink of an eye, and could do so with others with a single touch. But turning around, Nikola found no-one.

"Very funny, Druitt" He chuckled angrily "transporting me here and then leaving. Are you still miffed at me for torturing you? I cured your madness though, didn't I?" But Druitt wasn't around, and so couldn't hear him. Fuming, Nikola began trudging towards what appeared to be a distant town. Given that he spoke the language of whatever remote location this was, he would find a way to return home, find Druitt, and then torture him again, madness or no.

Rounding a bunch of thickets, he suddenly spotted a lone woman standing in the field. She had the waspishly thin figure of a supermodel, big pouting lips, and fiercely determined eyes. Nikola cocked his head in curiosity at this woman who seemed to be standing, distraught, in the middle of the field, but he kept moving. The worries of a nobody didn't warrant interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 12:59 am 
Istari
Istari

Streets are never silent in the major cities, even in the dead of night. Cars rush past in the lamp-lit lanes, while people can be heard to talk in hushed tones long into the early morning. But even those muted tones can be suddenly broken by loud noises, much like the one that just occurred: a shatter of glass and an outraged scream.

A young couple of no importance looked up from the remnants of their romantic dinner for two to see a tall man in a black and white suit (no cape) hovering a good six stories off the ground getting screamed at by an irate girl who was standing on a nearby rooftop. Needless to say, the couple skedaddled out of the area; this was a job for the superheroes and none of their business.

“Syndrome! Don’t make me come down there. I swear, if you push that remote I will knock you so far into next year you’ll still have bruises.” This came from the girl, Violet (aka Invisigirl) who was wearing a purple and black super-suit and had balls of force-field energy forming around her clenched fists.

Syndrome merely grinned his boyish grin at her and wiggled his finger over the button on his gauntlet. “You can’t do anything to me, Incredibrat… what cha gonna do about it, cry? Or maybe call your dad? I’m sure he’d LOVE to help.” Then he pressed the button.

For a moment, nothing happened. The next second Syndrome was hovering over a grassy field with Invisigirl hurtling toward him out of the sky. He barely had time to instinctively hold out his arms to catch her before they both crashed to the ground below.

Vi shook her head to clear the fuzzies, then hissed, “What have you done, idiot?”

“I dunno, that button was a dummy; wasn’t supposed to do anything except make you mad. Must be your fault.”

“MY fault! I wasn’t the one waving around giant robot limbs last Tuesday and I definitely don’t have all the shiny buttons that you have!”

“Whatever, I’m going to that city over there ‘cause I don’t want to spend my night out on an unfamiliar field. I don’t care if you come or not.” With that, Syndrome (aka Buddy) stalked off. Vi waited a few moments, then followed invisibly, just a whisper of movement in the grass.

--------

Henrietta, or Henry as she was commonly known, had a headache. So she had gone to an empty exam room for a moment to escape from Cuddy. No harm there, right? Wrong. She had fallen asleep and the next thing she knew she was waking up in a grassy field with no clue how she got there. The sky above was somewhat creepy, and somebody was arguing with another person a couple dozen yards away. Henry rolled over and sat up, then stood up completely to observe the city in the distance. Her stomach growled, maybe there was food in the city. So she checked her disguise, then headed out to investigate.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 1:21 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

(Were you talking about me, Naur? If not my mistake.)

Fi wasn't quite sure how long she had been standing there when she suddenly saw another figure. He just seemed to appear out from behind some thickets. Maybe this stranger knew where she was and how she got here. He could be a good person to talk to.

"Or he could be some psycho," Fi thought. The man appeared average enough. He wasn't incredibly tall or short. He was perhaps a little skinnier than most men. His clothes weren't that odd. Fiona had seen many gothic people in Miami dress similarly. Yet something about him looked off, a bit crazed ever. Maybe it was just her nerves. This whole situation was off! Besides, what would she say?!

Fiona had to make a decision fast. He was walking away from her. With slight desperation, Fiona started towards the man. After all, he was only one person, and she did have a gun.

"Er, excuse me," Fiona called running up to him. "Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me where I am. See...we'll it's a long story, but I'm kind of lost. Actually I'm wondering if maybe I hit my head on something. Never mind. If you could just tell me how to get back to Miami that would be great!"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 2:46 pm 
Vala
Vala

((Yup, I was talking about you! :P)

Nikola glanced back at the woman, but kept walking. If she was desperate enough, she would keep up. He mulled over her words for a moment, thinking. She was lost, unaware of where she was, with no idea of how she got there. Her story was eerily similar to his own. Could Druitt have transported her to this stop as well? And if so, what had she done to anger him? Certainly quite a lot, if it earned her the same fate as himself. At yet, although it seemed to be the likeliest explanation that Druitt had transported him here, he just couldn't make sense of it. Why? If Druitt wanted to kill or harm him, there were far more tortuous places than this pleasant, if not rural, setting. The thought that this was not Druitt's doing kept seeping into his thoughts. If so, then he and this woman were likely to have suffered the same event. Although what that event may be boggled his mind.

Finally, he spoke to the woman. ""You're unsure of how you got here, or even where 'here' is, right?" He questioned, brows furrowed in concentration. "The question is why? How?" He was ignoring the woman's questions, but he was too caught up in his own musings to care. "It just happened, this 'relocation'. Suddenly, without warning." He growled in frustration. He kept searching for an explanation to this bizarre phenomenon, but his mind wandered in circles. There wasn't enough information. The town up ahead might give more insight though.

"The best course of action would be to go to the town and learn more about just where 'here' is. Maybe then I can figure this out."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 4:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ed sighed. She wasn't on any planet she knew,but she was able to create a program on her laptop to track unusual readings. "This may help Ein." She told her companion, who just looked ather and wimpered. "Ed knows, Set up a signal, to see if any one can find us. Its conected to Tomato." She said and put her laptop in its bag, the signal still spreading far and strong.

Just then Ein got up sniffing the air, his ears twitching. Barking he got up and ran off, Ed getting up running after the dog. He ran until he saw two people, a man and woman, both seemed confused as to where they were. Shortly Ed caught up with him. "Oh." she said in realisattion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next