It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PotC // ~ On Stranger Tides ~ // [Closed & Finished]
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 5:08 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

<center>Image
Brought to you by Aramel & Lothy.

With all of the excitement going around about the 2011 release of “On Stranger Tides”, Lothy and I decided we should create a roleplay in which we act out what we think is going to happen in next year’s movie.

*All plotlines are separate from the other RP, “Keep A Weather Eye on the Horizon (KAWEOTH)” so as not to ruin events that haven’t yet taken place in that story ;-)

The Roleplay starts with a masquerade party taking place at a wealthy scholar’s home in the Caribbean. Hector Barbossa has sent members of his crew there to find a second map leading to the Fountain of Youth (after the first was stolen by Jack Sparrow). Unfortunately, Blackbeard quickly learns of the said-to-be mythical item, and suddenly it turns into a race to La Florida to see who can find the Fountain of Youth before it’s too late…

:: Rules ::

- No God-modding.
- No posts less than 5 lines long.
- To enter you must be committed to the RP.
- Keep it roughly 12a/PG-13.
- OCs are most definitely welcome.

<center>:: Canon Characters ::
Hector Barbossa - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Jack Sparrow - Played by Lothy Barbea
Blackbeard AKA Edward Teach - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Angelica Teach (Blackbeard’s Daughter) - Played by Pandora
Syrena (mermaid) - Played by Maethoriel

:: OCs ::
Andrea Costello-Nightingale - Played by Lothy Barbea
Alanna Medusa-Drake - Played by Lothy Barbea
Zoë Ascot - Played by Lothy Barbea
Varianna Pierce - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Edward Blackhaven - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Maribel Degaldo-Pierce - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Soren Davereux - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Tasmine - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Guinevere Elliot - Played by ~Goldleaf~
Cairbre Eagle - Played by ~Goldleaf~
Eve Summers - Played by ~Goldleaf~
Aurora-Rose Delour - Played by Pandora
Gabriel Phillips - Played by Pandora
Dante Galloway - Played by Pandora
Christian Saint James - Played by Pandora
Shiloh Barker - Played by Pandora
Angela Connery - Played by Misa_Amane
Mary Ann Eliza Sparrow Gwendolyn Nighthawk - Played by Freya Baggins
Christine Geddes - Played by Maethoriel
Phillip Radcliff - Played by Maethoriel
Jonah Gow - Played by Maethoriel
</center>

Last edited by Aramel Elyanwe on October 10th, 2010, 5:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 5:11 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ooh, hooray!!! :pirate:

Can I join with Guinevere Elliot, Cairbre Eagle and Eve Summers? :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 5:15 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Aye, most definitely, mate! :pirate:

And we'll also need people to play Syrena and Maria, since they can be considered Canon charries for this RP. :yes: Think of them as two OC's who only just have pre-selected names - everything about them is up to whoever wants to play them!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 8:51 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I'll take Maria, though I may need some information on her character if anyone wants to fill me in xD

Adding to this RP will be...
-Aurora-Rose Delour
-Gabriel Phillips
-Dante Galloway
-Christian Saint James
-Shiloh Barker

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 10:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh! I'm in. I'll get my characters up soon.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 10:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

I would like to join as a pirate with her own ship if I could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 11:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'll join with Mary Ann Eliza Sparrow Gwendolyn Nighthawk. If ya'll need her bio, I can provide it. :)

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 11:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and grab the mermaid if no one wants her. I'll also take Gibbs, and have some of my OCs.

- Christine Geddes
-Phillip Radcliff
- Jonah Gow

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 9:19 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Wonderful to have you all - we are now starting <3]]

A stream of light spilled onto the dirt road from beyond two grand doors thrown wide. Laughter and chatter spilled from within, mixing with the cool Caribbean evening. It was blatant to any who stood outside that there was a party going on, but not just any party - the most anticipated and talked about Masquerade Ball of, perhaps, the century. It was held by a wealthy scholar, son of a cousin of the mother of a duchess; not exactly royalty but close enough to it, and so to celebrate his thirtieth birthday he had thrown a party worthy of the King of England himself.

Peering through the hedges lining the mansion’s property were a band of pirates, composed of men and women alike - each after only one thing. Their purpose here was not difficult to comprehend - the women would dress up in beautiful gowns and masks as a distraction while some of the men broke into the second floor study to steal a very important item; one that was necessary beyond any conceivable reason.

“Listen up,” Hector Barbossa commanded, leaning into the circle of pirates as they huddled together. “The plan be this - the ladies, who look ravishin’, I might add, be goin’ in first. Then the rest o’ us climb that trellis mounted on the side o’ the house, there…” He pointed briefly to the wrought iron décor before looking each of the crew members over in turn, eyes lingering on Andrea moreso than anyone else. Tearing his gaze away from her, he continued, “…an’ we find another map, have ye that in yer thick skulls?” Oh yes, Hector was still bitter about the entire situation of Jack carving out the map to Florida from the navigational charts, but he was quick enough to locate a person who might have a second copy - and that was the owner of this mansion that currently loomed over them all.

“Aye, captain,” Varianna Pierce grinned. She was clad in a red and black gown reminiscent of a Spanish dancer, crimson material split up the side to reveal slender legs covered by fishnet stockings. Her hazel eyes were concealed by a finely made mask to match her gown, with black feathers stemming from the side. Dark hair was pinned up in a messy bun with a few curls falling free about her collarbone.

It was no wonder that Edward Blackhaven could not keep his eyes off of Vari. Even as he listened to Barbossa’s words, he found himself wishing that he would have dressed up and accompanied her to the ball, or at least have swept her away into the night and had his way with her. But he had to push his emotions back for the time being - this was no time for fun or romance - they had a job to do and would not stop until they had gotten what they came for.

“Well, ye all know what to do, so be off then,” Hector nodded, giving the signal for the charade to begin.

[[Vari's dress can be found HERE and her masquerade mask can be found HERE. ;-)]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 11:31 am 
Istari
Istari

Honestly… all I kin hear is blabberin’… Nighthawk rolled her eyes, wishing, not for the first time, that she had stuck with her uncle instead of running off to find the fountain of youth. Jack’s plans always work out… the more crazy, the better. I dunno how this is gonna turn out.

The pirate lass fidgeted in her uncomfortable dress. Deep navy blue, with an off-the shoulder, plunging neckline, constricting tightness about the lungs, and stays that poked her in the most horrible of places, Nighthawk felt both exposed and confined all at once. Her long black tresses were pulled so tight to the back of her head that she was beginning to get a headache, though the effect of midnight curls flowing down her back was stunning. She was begining to gain the attention of some of the male pirates... and not in a good way. Nighthawk ground her teeth as one of them winked at her and another mouthed something obsene. If it continued much longer she was going to snap and kill somebody. Therefore, she was immeasurably glad when Barbossa gave the signal. The sooner the distraction was over, the sooner she could get back into her normal clothing. At least I don’t have ta wear this everyday. she reminded herself and chuckled as she made her way stealthily towards the party.

[[You can see the inspiration for her dress here]]

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 12:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

As Guinevere listened to Barbossa issue out his crew’s orders for tonight, she could not help but find herself looking forward ever so slightly to the masquerade ball for it’s own sake, not only the outcome it would provide them with. She had attended many similar events in her girlhood, having been brought up in a wealthy family. Guin was somewhat of an asset to this particular mission; despite leading a life of piracy, she had never abandoned her ladylike manners and decorum, since they acted as a shield to any suspicion. Many times in dangerous situations in which she might have found herself appointed a morning trip to the gallows, she had been saved by her appearance and behaviour.

Tonight, she looked absolutely stunning. She was dressed in a magnificent green silk gown with full skirts which rustled when she moved, cut at the shoulders to expose her pale, un-freckled collarbones. Her neck was adorned with emeralds, and she wore netted green fingerless gloves. Her long, flaming red hair was let loose, in striking contrast to her green gown and creamy complexion. Tied around her eyes was a beautiful green mask, and she carried in one hand a gold fan, which she was now fluttering like an expert.

Cairbre Eagle, who stood beside her, was finding it somewhat difficult to look away from her. Guinevere didn’t just look beautiful; she looked breathtaking. However, the lady herself did not seem to notice how much attention he was paying her. He would have quite liked to attend the masquerade ball with her, but as it was, he had a job to do, along with all the rest of the men.

“We’d better be going then.” Guin suddenly looked over at her friend, her eyes gleaming behind the slits in her mask. She smiled at him, and with one flick of her wrist she snapped shut the golden fan. He found himself smiling back at her, and reached out to take her hand, bowing over it.

“Have a good night,” he said. “Wish me luck trying to find the map.” Guin shrugged her slender shoulders and laughed.
“You don’t need luck,” she reproved him cheerfully. “I’ll see you later – we women are left to do the real hard work.” She turned, her skirts swishing, and went to join the rest of the women.
Cairbre watched her for a moment, before shaking his head slightly, trying to return to his senses. It was no good dwelling on it; he had to try and remove Guin from his thoughts tonight. They needed to find the map.

Eve looked over her shoulder at Edward Blackhaven as she went to Guinevere’s side. She could not help but notice the way he was looking at Vari; he obviously thought she looked amazing. Once again Eve tried not to mind that he was not paying that kind of attention to her.

Eve had made an effort tonight, and the effort had worked. She was dressed in a light blue gown, Grecian in shape, knotted at the shoulders, with long, billowing sleeves; the light shade complimented her fair skin tone, and although she only wore a pair of pearl drop earrings as jewelry, she looked beautiful. Her long, blonde hair was pinned up and plaited intricately into a coronet at the back of her head, and she wore a white mask. Eve always underestimated her own beauty, and though she did not know it, tonight no one could deny that she looked absolutely incredible.

Hesitating before walking off with the rest of the female pirates, on an impulse she suddenly walked back over towards Edward. By now they knew each other well and were good friends; Eve hoped that her feelings still remained concealed from him. She would be mortified if he ever discovered the true extent of her affection for him.

“I hope it all goes well tonight, Ed,” she said to him with a small smile. With a small nod of her head, hardly daring anything more, she darted off again, in a hurry to catch up with the others.

Guin glanced at her and smiled sideways as Eve walked beside her towards the party. “Having a word with the handsome Edward, were you?” she remarked good-naturedly. Eve flushed pink.
“I was only wishing him luck,” she retorted.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 12:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

Andrea tried to listen to Hector’s speech, she honestly did, but she was by no means comfortable and was desperately resisting the urge to fidget. She felt like she was ten again, dressed up to the nines and sitting in a church pew in the boiling Caribbean heat with her father’s beady eyes warning her to sit still and pray, or else. Tonight she was yet again dressed up to the nines; she wore a very light green dress with a jewel encrusted bodice that also boasted gold trimming, out from which the cream and light green skirts fanned, before cascading over her wide pannier (which twinned with the extremely tight corset was the source of most of her discomfort) and down to the ground. Her sleeves were trumpet shaped and caught at the elbow to show the frilly, lace-trimmed sleeves of the shift she wore beneath amd hanging from her shoulders was an elegant light green and gold train which also fell to the ground and pooled there. Poor Ragetti had already received a slap for treading on it. In her hand she held her Venetian mask, cream and jewelled to match her dress with the addition of white ostrich feathers that plumed from it's top.

She was by no means nervous; she’d been well practiced in the art of etiquette and grace as a child and it had stuck with her. Albeit in the back of her mind, stored away for a time when it may have been needed, like tonight for instance. Besides, if anyone queried her being there or her position she would simply tell them the truth; she was Andrea Costello-Nightingale, daughter of Diederick Costello-Nightingale and Mercy Phillips and an heiress to the Costello family business and fortune. There was no doubting it was true from her appearance.

She noticed then that Hector had finished his speech and given the orders to get into position. She watched as everyone started to separate into their groups before carefully creeping over to him.

“Good luck Hector.” She said, her tone richer and more plump than usual, she couldn’t afford to let her guard down and so had decided to begin her charade sooner rather than later, to iron out the kinks as it were.

[[Alanna, Jack & Zoe to come in next, this was just an opener. Drea's dress can be found HERE and mask HERE.]]

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 3:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Ok heres my bio and first post.))

Name: Angela Connery
Looks: http://ashallann.files.wordpress.com/20 ... yfried.jpg , http://thepeoplesmovies.files.wordpress ... yfried.jpg .
Info: She is known as the 'Angel of the Carribean', seems innocent, but she is a true pirate. She uses her beauty to get what she want. Her mother was french, while her father was scottish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela was already in the mascarade. She never had an invatation mind you, but finding a man about to enter, a man who is alone and not the best looking, then you can enter anything he can. Thats what she did. she looked across the room to her 'date' as he talked with other men. She rolled her eyes and continued looking around. She had to find the map if she wanted her talent not have gone to waste.

Across the room to the man that brough her here, maybe he or one of his friends new of the map she was after. He turned to her. "Ah my dear. Gentlemen, this is the young woman who so graciously let herself to be my date for the night." Angela cringed as all the men nodded and complemented him of getting such a woman. Inside she cringed, but kept on smiling.

((This is her outfit right now. http://joechip.net/liana/uploads/may10/ ... tabbed.png ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 9:13 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[Aurora-Rose's Gown: Click]]

-------------

This night was a perfect night for deception, if it hadn't been for the Captain needing to keep all the pirates on track of the true goal of the night A-Rose would have already been inside moving her way through the men and women ensnaring all around her. So while Barbossa riffed and ranted about the maps A-Rose rested herself against teh wall, hips jutted out as fingers twisted around her dark locks that were gathered at the nape of her neck and cascaded over her left shoulder and across her chest.

Looking around at, what Barbossa called ravishing women, she knew that the people inside stood no chance against them. Each woman was alluring in her own right and even A-Rose could admit that they were all gorgeous. Her own gown was a temptation in itself; the dark purple fabric clung to her slender form all the way to the waist and the sleeves resting around her arms leaving the pale flesh of her neck and shoulders bare. A matching mask of dark purples, golds and blacks covered half of her face leaving pouted lips visible. Yes, tonight was going to be fun.

All she was waiting for now was the go-ahead and then the women would slip into the party and distract while the men stole the twin to the map that Jack already had. That damn man. She still felt a bit bitter that he had off and left with the map after all she and her crew mates had gone through with him. No need to dwell on the past, just stick to the plan.

Dante couldn't help but stare, though his eyes weren't on any of the ladies in extravagant gowns, his dark eyes were lingering on the form of the blond that was standing before him.

[Terrible start... sorry ><]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 4:27 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[I feel like this post is a piece of cra<b></b>p, but oh well... :frust: ]]

As the group of women reached the grand porch, Vari felt a tinge of nervousness well up inside of her. The men were depending on them to make everything go smoothly and perfectly - one slight slip up could risk it all. Pushing back her fears, she remained calm and cool, turning to her crewmates and looking each and every one of them over for a final time. “All right, ladies, just as we practiced…”

The grand doors opened wide, a warm welcome to the party behind them. There were countless guests attending, probably more than half of Port Royal’s entire population. Vari tilted her head as a slight greeting to one of the doormen before continuing towards the center of the ballroom. It was obvious that the new arrivals were the center of attention - no pair of eyes had yet to cast a single glance at them, wondering who indeed they were.

---------------

Hector’s eyes lingered on Andrea longer than usual as he watched her walk off. As the women disappeared into the distance, the men began their part of the plan. Hector tipped his hat over his eyes, concealing the upper portion of his face as he lead the group across the perimeter of the lawn, making sure to step where the shadows fell. Even the moonlight seemed as bright as the sun on a summer day - simply another thing that could potentially ruin the entire charade. Barbossa motioned silently for the others to begin the ascent as they reached the bottom of the trellis that was secured firmly to the side of the mansion. The leafy tendrils and curling vines were thick due to frequent care from the gardeners and constant exposure to the Caribbean heat.

Edward was one of the first to reach the top, peering into the slightly ajar window with extreme caution. It was a good thing - inside of the room sat the owner of the mansion, pouring over one of the maps. Golden eyes flickered back and forth, seemingly in search of something that was eluding his grasp. It was then that the door to the study opened, revealing an elderly man who appeared to be a servant.

“Sir, I apologize for the interruption, but this <i>is</i> your party and guests are beginning to inquire as to your whereabouts…”

With a sigh, the scholar looked up to his employee. “I will be down in but a moment.” His eyes went straight back to the map.

The servant turned to leave, hand on the knob, but paused in the doorframe. “Sir, if I may intrude once more? It appears as though a lovely group of young women has just arrived…”

The scholar looked up, eyes bright, before pulling himself from the velour chair. In his haste, he left the paper sitting where it was and neglected to close the window, instead worrying about his appearance and brushing the wrinkles from his overcoat.

When the door had closed behind the two, Edward waited a moment before pushing the window open wide and setting foot inside the study. Turning back, he helped other crewmates inside of the room, reminding them to stay as quiet as possible so that the noise from above did not transfer to the party below.

“Gents, look e’erywhere, high an’ low, behind furniture, in drawers - anywhere ye can begin t’ think of. We cannot leave without this map…” Hector looked about the place, as if pondering where exactly one would find a map to la Florida. After a moment of thought, he headed toward the bookshelves, beginning to tear each one down in search of the map.

It was a beautiful room, although unkempt. Papers were scattered everywhere, books lying open to marked pages on desks and tables, a giant map of the world pinned to the wall. And small. Extremely small, hardly big enough to fit the male crew members. It was for this reason that some of the men had to wait outside on guard, particularly a certain blond and his lover.

Soren did not mind waiting outside for the others in the least, especially when it meant being alone with Dante. No sooner had the last foot disappeared into the room above did Soren press Dante against the side of the building with a mischievous grin. “I’ve caught you glancing at me all night, do not think it went unnoticed,” he breathed, biting and nipping the patch of skin beneath Dante’s ear like a wild animal deprived of nourishment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 5:36 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

“All right, ladies, just as we practiced…” A-Rose was lost in thought and only pulled out of her wistful thinking at the soft words spoken by her friend. Right, they had a mission and that mission was to distract the wealthy men and women of the Port while the men scaled the walls and grabbed an essential item. Aurora-Rose was beginning to think this was going to be one of the best nights she had had in a while.

Waiting a few moments after Varianna stepped between the large double wrought wood and iron doors, Aurora-Rose followed in her footsteps. The dark haired woman's chin was held air, a pompous air surrounding her that was quite fitting for the atmosphere. A-Rose almost blended in if it wasn't for slightly off-kilter gait that she had picked up over years of knee-high boots, rum, and keeping steady on rocking ships. Thankfully no one paid attention to her walk because the entire gathering of men and women were quite distracted by the new arrivals and their beauty and mysterious airs.

"This is going to be very fun indeed..." Aurora muttered to herself, eyes glinting with wonder and a sense of danger beneath her mask a small smile on pale lips.

For a moment her eyes rested on Vari and the other pirate women who had entered and made a mental note to not interact with any of them for too long, instead she moved to a corner of the room that was filled with a group of strapping young men. They looked to be fresh out of school, all full of knowledge and hopes and aspirations. They were the perfect target for the moment. Walking towards them she grabbed a glass of what appeared to be sparkling champagne from a silver tray being carried around by a smartly dressed waiter, bowing her head to the man and saying her thanks she held the cup with elegant fingers, body swaying with a certain saunter that had the group of boys turning their attention to her.

Perfect!

-----

From outside Dante kept a vigil eye on his surroundings, or at least he tried to. It was hard to keep quiet and move and shift with the shadows when his gaze kept going towards his blond who moved so elegantly in front of him. Sometimes he felt as if Soren knew he was being watched but he couldn't linger on these thoughts because Dante had to focus on the task at hand and that was getting to the side of the mansion and keeping a look-out.

Dante was doing well keep his gaze away from his lover but something else distracted him from the task at hand and it came from a window in the grand ballroom. It was strange how in tuned he was to his 'sister' Aurora-Rose. They had spent so much time together that they were practically family now, anyways what caught his attention was the woman standing amidst a group of men. To anyone else this may have seemed daunting or dangers, a woman surrounded by men who had particular desires but the only thoughts running through his mind as he watched Aurora through the window was that the only ones in danger were the boys.

He couldn't hear what Aurora was saying, nor could really tell what she was doing from his distance but the way her fingers moved across the glass and her body language told him enough. Stifling his laughter as the men began their ascension of the building he simply leaned against the wall and let the night's air ghost over him.

Though Dante didn't get much time of relaxation because as soon as his hips pressed against the wall, a certain blond was pressing himself against Dante and making sure Dante remained hot. A slew of profanities fell from his lips as the man worked that spot behind his ear that never ceased to make him shudder. "Soren... we're supposed...to... be... watching....ooooout" He managed amidst moans and sighs, eyes having a hard time staying open, making no fight to stop.

-----

Shiloh slipped over the banister that lead to the now opened window with the help of one of the newest members of the crew, Christian. He didn't know much about the man except that he was a really lax and fit in easily with the rest of them. It was probably the reason why Christian was so easy to like. Thanking the long blond haired man he joined the rest of the men of the crew inside the small room and began searching anywhere and everywhere for any clue of where the map to La Florida would be.

Shifting through the books Shy found one on the dark arts and couldn't help but let his mind wander to a certain blond woman who was more than likely moving around the floor below captivating everyone around her. With a sigh he set the book back in it's place and moved on to the next.

-----

Christian grabbed the brunette man around the wrist and pulled him up with ease a small grunt was the only give away that he didn't have some super human strength. Once the man was righted up on the balcony he nodded his head and turned so that he could walk inside the incredibly small office.

Seeing that although the space was small it was fairly cluttered he would need to limit all distractions and so Christian gathered his lengthy silken blond hair into one hand while the other ripped part of his shirt. The strip left part of his midriff bare but he could care less. Taking the strip of fabric he wrapped around his hair a few times so that it was held safely out of his face.

That would make things a lot easier for him to search for the map. Taking a corner that had yet to be searched he began to go through the cabinets only to find they were locked. "Couldn't make it too easy... that would just take out the fun in things..." He purred idly to himself while reaching into his trousers and pulling out a shape blade. Placing the metal between his teeth his fingers worked at moving the cabinet drawers into a proper juxtaposition before moving the blade from between his lips and into the small crack. A few twists and turns and the cabinet was opened and what lay inside made him smile.

"Oi, Cap'n I think I may have found ye map."