Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 6:52 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Eruraina wrote:
His eyes, hidden by the beaklike hood, strayed to each person, then to their hands, and to their weapons. He gave a cold half smile.
"My name has long ago been forgotten. But you can call me Blackwing. Wolfe Blackwing. Friend," the last word seemed to come as a stranger to his mouth. It was neither harsh nor friendly.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:32 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Overcomeing every instinct within him, though it was hard, George took his hand away from his dagger. He wished his sword was at his side rather than in the cart. "You sound as if you have lived an intresting life. We have just taken our meal, but you are welcome to break bread with us..." He trailed off beneath that cold smile. It chilled him and he felt the danger within it, but despite it he tried to be brave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:40 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor looked to George, ok, so maybe geive was wrong about him, and for a second there, the way he was protecting them, she felt a blush creep into her cheeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 6:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Piper remained silent. The stranger's words provided no comfort to her. Even with George's protectiveness of both her and Eleanor, she still did not feel safe. Her grip on her staff continued to tighten in her attempt to appear brave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 8:18 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Blackwing patted Brisks neck casually.
"Hm, no thankyou friend. From what I had heard you were packing and leaving, and I have no need to eat now. And besides, I don't think your friends would appreciate me taking up your offer," he said simply...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 3:37 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(sorry, life has been **** recently work wise and i just didn't feel up to posting :( )

George nodded, pleased the man had said no, and also feeling respect for him. Though he couldn't help feeling disapointed that thier mistrust had been that obviouse.
"Well at least travel with us some way, tell us what you have heard of our quest. It would be useful to know how our predecessors had fared."
George knewhe was takeing a risk if the man said yes, but for all the danger he intrigued him; and George had compelte confidance in Toby's ability to outrun any horse, he would get them all out of danger he hoped. And it WOULD be useful to know what they were all about to embark upon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 5:35 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor looked at George, did he trust the stranger, should she? She wasn't sure, but all she knew whas she needed more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 10:34 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Blackwing lifted an eyebrow at the request, a gesture that went unseen from under his hood.
"If we go the same way, I see why not. But to help your nerves, it is against my creed to kill anyone I have not been paid or told to kill. It is against my creed to hurt an innocent," he said simply, and in a swift movement mounted.

"And I pray that you fare better than your predecessors of this mission. Your reason is much better than what theirs was."

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 1:18 am 
Maia
Maia

Piper's stomach jumped. George trusted the stranger? And yet Blackwing had agreed to accompany them, assuring them that they would not die by his hand. This still gave her no reason to trust or believe him. Frowning, she eased her grip on her staff, planting it firmly on the ground. Her ferrets relaxed, now contenting themselves to rubbing themselves against her ankles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 4:02 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

George nodded to Blackwing to show he understood. So the man was an assasin. Well at least they knew they were safe from him for the moment, and who knew, if he decided to help them a man like him could be an asset. George had never met an assasin before, but he had met his fathers man who did certain...things to help his buissnes. And his father had been determined that should his sons ever need an assasin, they would know how it worked.

So now though George could not be said to trust Blackwing, he could not be said to completly distrust him. It was more like being presented with a load of gunpoweder. It could kill you and it was best ot be wary, but it could also work to your advantage.

"Come on then everyone" he called with a smile. "You heard the man, he will not kill innocents. So everyone get into the cart." He finished harnessing Toby and jumped up behind him grabbing the reins. He felt a sting that he had not the finess of Blackwing, but knew that he had shown himself better in the eyes of his conpanions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 6:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor got into the cart and close to George. "Are you certain he can be trusted? She asked, she trusted gorge enought that she knew he wouldn't hurt her, or kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 7:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

Piper hesitated at George's request to hop into the cart, but having been given permission to join George, Bardon + Eleanor on their quest, got in. She too, sat close to where George sat, however careful not to invade their personal bubble. Her ferrets relaxed, daring to scamper up to where George sat to get a better view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 2:53 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

George turned to her with a devil may care grin "Trusted? Not in a million years. If someone pays him to kill us he won't hesitate. Trust him not to hurt us up to that point? Yes, with my life!" He joked. Then his eyes turned sober and he added.
"He's an assasin Elenor, and we should be wary, but there is nothing for his in killing us right now. I trust him. You should too." he flicked the reins and started the cart alongside Blackwing. "Now Master Blackwing would you be so kind to tell us of our predessesors?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 3:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor nodded and looked down. She had heard of Assisans, but never met one. But the tales she heard turned her blood cold and she shivered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 5:10 pm 
Maia
Maia

Piper looked away, still uneasy. She too had only heard stories of assassins and they were hard to hear. With a sigh. she made up her mind. She would trust Blackwing...for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 5:47 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Should we wait for Nurr?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next