Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 6:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

((yeah, where is Nurr anyway.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2010, 11:17 am 
Maia
Maia

(I think she's busy. I'm not sure.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2010, 1:09 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(Lets carry on and presume she's in the cart with us.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2010, 1:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

((ok.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2010, 8:17 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Alright then, I guess I'll continue)

Blackwing waited till they were finally moving before he began speaking. With one hand he held the reins to his great black gelding, the other hung limply at his side. For a split second he debated whether he should reveal the wound to his temporary companions, but decided against it. As far as he knew he would only be going along with them till the next town. Then hopefully they would never meet again.

It was after they had gotten to a steady walk that Blackwing mulled over George's question. And finally he answered.
"I can tell you that all the outcomes have not been good. Most just give up trying to look, while the rest just find themselves venturing into trouble and don't find their way out alive. I've met two men that thought they knew what this item, if it exists, was. The first said it was a magic ring, a simple gold band with inscription on the inside that was hidden in a monestary. But he didn't know which one. I heard he later stumbled onto a tribe of cannables while trying to get to a deserted monestary in the mountains and was never heard from again. The second thought it was a mirror, a small one that any princes would keep on them with ornate decorations. I think he's in prison for attempted theivery. But every one I've heard of come to some kind of unlucky situation," Blackwing shook his head, and thought over all the stories he had heard of this item.

If such a thing was found and used, he thought, men like me would be out of a job.

He glanced over at the girl who he had heard from behind the tree start this group searching for the item and saw the innocent determination in her eyes. Unlike the greed he had seen in the others he had come across. Blackwing inwardly shook his head.

"From what I've heard it's not East, or South. Or on any of the closer costal islands of this continent," he said. "But aside from that, that is all I have heard or could tel you, friend."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2010, 7:01 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Bump? Sorry for the double post, but lets not let this die!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2010, 1:02 am 
Maia
Maia

(who're we waiting on? We waiting on Misa?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2010, 4:53 am 
Maia
Maia

((sorry. I would have posted but wanted to give others a chance too. Its late now, but I will post soon.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:12 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

((I was waiting for Misa, since it seems her charrie should take the lead here with Eru.
Also i may be a bit sketchy at the moment with posting. If anyone feels that i haven't posted in a long time please take my charrecter.
My only excuse is i'm depressed. Sorry :( I know i'ts a great nuisance for people but i just don't have the heart at the moment to think of anything useful to post.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 7:40 pm 
Maia
Maia

((again, sorry. I shall post.))

Eleanor listened to what the assisan had to say. "Then perhaps we should seek it out North. THe sooner we find the item we seek the better." She spoke, trying to sound stronger then she was. The story unnerved her, but the fate of her father still hung on her. "And once we find it, then we could bring balance back to this world."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 11:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Piper silently agreed with Eleanor. Yes. The sooner they found the item the better. Then the more at balance the world would be than it already was. There was too much chaos as it is. With a sigh, she turned her gaze to the view behind her.

Suddenly tired of sitting at the front of the cart with George, her ferrets made their way to the back of the cart in order to make themselves comfortable by Piper. With a smile, the young woman gently stroked their backs, comforted by their presence.

In the distance, Findabhair and her mate Néall kept their distance from the cart filled with humans. Among those humans, was the one whom they considered one of their own. They know what it is they are looking for. The animals knew every other story of every other human who had attempted to find the item and failed. However, the animals had no notion of what it could be. Of that they were less sure of as the humans were.

For now it was Piper they were worried about. The assassin whom accompanied them on their journey truly was dangerous, though not as dangerous as another pair that they had heard of. The pair specialized in magic and were also after the item.

However, they were unsure of how to warn Piper of the possible danger that lay ahead. As wolves, they were not always with her, often leaving her to fend for herself. Findabhair and Néall worried for her as she was a member of their pack, kind of like the pup they would eventually come to have one day, if they survived. In order to warn her, they would have to communicate properly with her. And in order to properly communicate with her, they would have to make themselves known to the other humans, something of which they were uncomfortable with for the young woman was the only human they ever had contact with.

Findabhair took a moment to breathe. Not like she needed it. They could overtake the cart easily. The she-wolf opened her muzzle once and gave a brief howl, knowing that Piper would hear it, 'We're right behind you. We're here, watching your back like always. Look out for us my dear.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 5:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

*bumps*

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 6:10 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I was going to wait to post again, but never mind)

Blackwing's frown deepened. This girl was entirely serious about finding this thing. She thought that were many great men had fallen, she would succeed. He could see it in her eyes. Wolfe couldn't help it but chuckling at the thought. Then we could bring balance back to the world... Now that idea of hers seemed a little unreal to Wolfe, and he let out another chuckle.

"You talk about chaos as if it's a monster than can be killed by your little trinket. Chaos and darkness is so much more than that. It's the darkness in men's hearts from harsh pasts that causes them to do what you could call evil deeds. It also comes from ignorance. If one is only taught to steal and lie, what do you think he'll do? He'll become a theif and a liar. So now how do you think this trinket will save this world and put it back into balance, hm?" Blackwing asked her. Though his tone stayed emotionless, giving neither kindness nor malice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 6:40 pm 

[apologies. school was .... bleh. and by the time I came back here this hadn't gone anywhere.]

He was panicking. That was the only explanation for the bile rising in his throat, his heartbeats getting faster, and the dizziness he tried to dispel to no avail. Complete, unadulterated panic. They were traveling with an assassin. And these people he was with seemed to have some sort of death wish. What in all of the name that was sacred had he gotten himself into?

Think. Think. He couldn't. His head was swimming. And there were wolves howling. THINK!. He tried to take calming breaths. The rest of the group was chatting away about those poor fellows who had been after some object before. That same object these people were going after. He just wanted safe passage! That was all! And talking about some legend thing. Everyone seemed so knowledgeable.

"Excuse me?" Bardon stuck his head up near where Elanor and Blackwing were talking. "What is this thing? You just keep talking about 'it'. What? What's so important about it?"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 6:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

((I would post, but I don't know how to continue without Anduril Vanlhach. Anduril hasn't been on since Sept. Last I heard, she was feeling down, like really down.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2010, 5:16 am 

[Anduril just posted on the intro board and she might be returning, you should go ahead a PM her. :P]

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next