Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 12:06 am 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

This day had been long awaited but not necessarily foreseen. It had only been a matter of time before Daeron had come to his wits ends and finally decided his course of action. It hadn't been a pretty journey nor had it been easy but he was here now at the crossroads and making that first step towards his new life.

But first, he had to get rid of some obstacles. Not that that was going to take much time with his level of expertise in explosives. A few well placed fuses and just the right amount of nitroglycerin was all that he had needed to demolish his headquarters in the most beautiful array of debris he had ever seen.

It had almost brought a tear to his eye... almost.

Daeron Smith had been a hacker, well he still was but that was not his priority now. He had taken over for his father after the man's untimely death and worked seemingly underground in a semi-Switzerland state. He worked for both the Artillian and the Falkenwood groups, digging up dirt on either side and hacking through their mainbases to sustain whatever it was he needed.

It had been fun while it lasted, but the people he worked with began to feel pressure to join a side and once one of them converted many more began to convert and Daeron knew that he was no longer safe in his world. Not that he was ever truly safe, so that left one choice, he had to destroy everything.

And so he did, which left him with one thing left to do and that was to join the 'resistance' as he liked to call it for lack of a better word. Daeron wasn't very good with words anyways, he was more of a physical being.

The blond had gotten word of two woman by the names of Clara and Theresa and knew that was his course of action. With only an gray army bag full of equipment and his lucky 9mm pistol he was off in his well worn Jeep Wrangler.

It wasn't long before his radio picked up the signal that he had been searching for and with a sharp turn he headed southwest [I hope this would be the right direction] towards the car in the distance. It seemed like he wasn't the only one to have arrived.

Pulling his car to a stop near the truck he slipped out of his own vehicle with ease, a cigarette resting neatly between his lips, eyes hidden beneath dark shades and his hand spinning his pistol on the palm. "No need to sound so tense, they aren't going to shoot us." He said much too confidently, then again he was a bit arrogant and couldn't help himself sometimes.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 1:30 am 
Vala
Vala

Liam glanced warily at the open road from the cover of the abandoned barn. Two cars had passed down this road in the last ten minutes, one of them an Artillian jeep, the other a beat up pick up truck. Several things about this worried him. One was that this was pretty secluded territory. Seeing two vehicles in such a short amount of time was unusual. The second was that one of the vehicles was an Artillian jeep. Liam had had a rather…violent separation from them. And while he doubted that the Artillian group had put much effort into finding one rogue doctor, his ratty, vagabond appearance might be enough to attract their curiosity.

He spat a couple swears at the Artillians, but continued to follow the road. He didn’t pass up a chance to kill an Artillian when he met one, but whoever was in that jeep was long gone. He sighed, cursing his tired feet. But he had to keep going. Ten more miles, he figured, and then he would reach the next village on his route.

Despite the radically different times, Liam fiercely clung onto his status as a doctor. It was his lone tie to the gentler life he knew, before everything went to hell. And so, despite what he called his ‘unemployment’, Liam traversed the area, caring for those who couldn’t afford medical care. Carrying all the supplies he could fit in a giant backpack, Liam had learned to improvise when he could and steal from local hospitals when he couldn’t. ‘A modern day Robin Hood’ some called him, although he was loathe to accept the title. It was true, he helped the poor with what was often stolen from the rich, but he killed far too many of those rich to be considered a Robin Hood. He was far too bent on revenge to even think for a second that his motives were just to help the poor.

Boy, did he want revenge.

And so, when he slipped out of the forest cover and saw the Artillian jeep stopped in front of the pick up, he unlatched the holster of his glock so he could draw quickly. A tall, thickly muscled man had slipped out of the pick up truck and was pointing a rifle at the two Artillian women who had exited their jeep.

Odd.

Another jeep—this one not Artillian—sped down the road and stopped near the pickup truck. Its occupant stepped out, playing with a handgun. He appeared to be talking, but from this distance Liam couldn’t hear.

Odd…very odd indeed.

If I’m lucky, he thought the two Artillians will be dead before I get to them, and I won’t have to do a thing . Another, more primal part of him wished they wouldn’t be. He strode over to the meeting, leather boots plodding on the hard pavement. The forest (if you could call a patch of trees that) had opened up into recently harvested fields. There was no cover, so he might as well make an entrance by the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 11:38 am 

[ I'll be gone for 2 weeks of holidays, but I will jump in as soon as I return! :-D ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2010, 5:40 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(That's fine! We can run into your character later)

“Yeah, stay with the car and set up your rifle,” Clara called as she noted the man approach behind them from a rather worn truck. He was definitely a soldier, probably even before this mess began. She lifted her rifle at his direction, coiling her legs in case she had to dive aside to evade a hail of bullets. In the distant, she heard another car come to a stop behind the truck, the usual sounds of a door being opened and closed. This was definitely unusual. If they wanted to attack, they would have attacked by now without the pleasantries. Deciding that whatever she thought she saw earlier held a lower priority and assuming that both her and Theresa’s safety was not in immediate jeopardy, she walked towards them, answering the man’s question, “Neither. We don’t belong to the Artillian Groups or the corporations. And you, who do you work for? God or the dollar bill?”

She leaned her head a little to the side to see the man, clad in sunglasses and a cigarette, behind the former soldier and called out, “You as well. Tell me who you fight for.” And as if coincidences couldn’t be piled any higher. Another man, rather young, emerged from the woods. Fantastic. Well, she did need people to fight with, if she hoped to accomplish any of the goals she had in mind. “Well, then?” she asked impatiently. “If none of you have a flag to fight under, you could always fight with me. I can only offer you survival and plenty of people to kill if you’re looking for that.” If not, well, she could definitely work something out with these folks. And if that didn’t work. Her hand drifted casually near the safety of her rifle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2010, 11:46 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Another man turned up and Daeron was quickly realizing that this whole meet up was a bit bigger than himself. So instead of saying anything else he let the others talk that way he could learn more about what was going on. The last thing he needed right now was some trap, Daeron really didn't feel like wasting his precious gunpowder and fuses at the moment.

When asked who he fought for, Daeron took the cigarette from his lips and threw it to the ground, using his brown boots to put out the smoke before finally answering with a slight grin.

"I work for no one but myself, although the promise of people to kill is quite tempting so I guess I work for you now." He bowed his head a bit so that his glasses slid down the bridge of his nose so that brown eyes could meet the woman. One more smile was given before he pushed the glasses back up and shifted the duffel bag back over his shoulder and made his way over to stand beside the girl.

Though instead of playing with the pistol in his hand he took a firm grip of it. He may have found a leader but the other two men had yet to say anything yet and the possibility of danger was still there. One should always be prepared.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 12:28 pm 
Elf
Elf

Quote:
“Neither. We don’t belong to the Artillian Groups or the corporations. And you, who do you work for? God or the dollar bill?”

MacDonnel bristled. "I fight for my country, girl. Or what's left of it, since you Americans overran it and turned Parliament into a gravel quarry." He said, keeping his Steyr trained. The bullpup felt odd in his hands, it wasn't the C7 that he had trained with. But the rifle did its job.

At the offer of work, Gregor remained silent for a short while. Doing mercenary work wasn't what he was here to to. But if he could attempt to escelate the discord here in the United States, then perhaps the Canadian Resistance would have a better chance of getting back on thier feet. At worse, he could always eliminate the party and move on to do something worthwhile. "Count me in." He said. "Captain Gregor MacDonnel, Canadian Forces."

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 2:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

Liam slowed his walking, though still tried to maintain an air of confidence. He was hoping that this conflict would be resolved, be it through negotiation or gun fire, by the time he arrived, but the fierce glares and tense postures hinted that this would be more of a stand off than a gun fight. Great. This might get messy. He didn't like killing civilians. He despised it. But sometimes sacrifices were necessary, and he would do just about anything to dismantle the Artillian group.

He was closer no, able to hear their conversation, but but still not able to discern words. The Artillian woman's hand slid slowly and discretely to her the safety on her gun. It wasn't a very noticeable gesture, but it was still enough to make Liam want to reach for his gun. He suppressed the urge, but his fingers still twitched with the anticipation of a shoot out.

He was close enough to hear the conversation clearly now. The tall, burly man was speaking. So this man was from Canada? He must have as much of a beef with the Artillian group as I do Liam thought. perhaps he'll be an ally It was wishful thinking to hope that a complete stranger would support him, but it didn't stop him hoping.

Liam entered the immediate vicinity with his palms held up as a sign of peace. He of course didn't mean peace, but then again he probably wouldn't get very far if he drew his gun his gun right now and shot. He was outnumbered, and therefore had to plan this out carefully.

"My name is Liam" he said, eyeing everyone cautiously. Hopefully his introduction would make him less intimidating, and therefore less likely to be shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2010, 7:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

((I know its kind of late, may i join?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2010, 1:04 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(PM a character sheet over and we'll see where we can stick you. Right now there's a little too many "coincidences" of people running into each other.)

To her amazed delight, none of them proved to be too hostile to the idea Clara had proposed to them. True some of them had murderous intents in their eyes but it wasn’t anything a few trips through the fire could remedy. “Excellent,” she exclaimed, knowing that she would have to work to win their loyalty. Especially the Canadian. “I assure you we will not be mercenaries. Mercenaries have no goal or objective when they fight. Our goal is....”

Theresa evidently sighted something of great concern and switching the safety on her gun off, Clara ran towards her position. Upon seeing the sight of a small string of armoured cars, she smiled. The secondhand nature of the vehicles suggested Artillian but it could easily be bandits or another security corporation. They had stopped and a small trickle of soldiers emerged from the trucks, one of which had a laser weapon designed as a Gatling gun. Not quite a Flaken but she didn’t think those had been perfected yet. “Theresa, keep your sights on the person in the second furthest truck,” she requested. “The one with that abomination. Passenger side. Fire on my signal.” As for the men she had just met, she wasn’t quite sure what to do with them. It is quite possible one of them had either brought this patrol to them or even alerted them here. She looked through the soldiers, trying to keep the bloodlust at bay. Eleven in total. Not extremely horrible odds unless the newly met members decided to stab or shoot them in the back. In which case, well, Clara wouldn’t be able to do all the things she wanted. But she was willing to take that chance.

“Stop!” someone from the group cried. “Step away from your vehicles and put your hands on your head.” Faux professionalism confirms Artillian. Bandits wouldn’t even bother especially with the laser gun. Well, there was no point trying to recruit anyone from here. Time to play...

She took another glance at the soldiers and found her target, a soldier carrying a bulky and modified M16 assault rifle. She raised her considerably lighter rifle, aimed, and squeezed off the two shots needed to kill the man, before dashing to the relative safety of behind the truck.

Last edited by Caunion cyn Britannia on August 14th, 2010, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 12:03 am 
Vala
Vala

Liam had only a few short seconds to plan a way to kill the two Artillian girls before the rumble and growl of a line of vehicles ruined the moment. He risked a glance, and saw with dread that it was a group of Artillian vehicles. He cursed to himself. Now what was he going to do? He would have had a hard enough killing both the Artillian girls. But now with the new enforcement of Artillians, there was no way he would be able to take out everyone. He stood there for a moment, mind racing, when all of a sudden Clara shot the man exiting his vehicles. Two shots, just like that. Clean, neat, precise. Kill shots. All of Liam's racing thoughts were suddenly cut off, and he was left with his mouth hanging open and his world turned upside down. This girl in front of him had killed an Artillian. Was she a rebel like him? The dangerous ping of a bullet as it ricochetted off the car in front of him startled him into reality. He slid behind the safety of the Canadian man's pickup truck and carefully selected a target. Three shots fired in rapid succession quickly brought down a second Artillian. Quickly he loaded another clip--those three shots had been the last in that clip--and sought out another target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 9:58 am 
Elf
Elf

Gregor had calmly turned to face the Artillians, pulling on the two-point sling of his Steyr as the leading woman seemed to bring an end to negotiations. MacDonnel moved for cover on instinct, bringing up his rifle and putting an Artillian in the peep sight. Holding his breath on instinct, he fired a double tap into the man's chest, then adjusted his aim, settled behind his pickup beside the man called Liam.

Then some git popped smoke and engulfed them all. Cursing, MacDonnel ducked behind his truck and waited the screen out, wishing he had taken his issue gas-mask when he'd headed for the border. Switching to full auto, MacGregor sprayed the Artillian position, hoping that someone was hit. He couldn't hear much over the shouting of the Artillians, but a series of heavy-calibre rifle shots split the air, and MacDonnel cursed as he realized 'wonderful. Someone's got an effing sniper.'

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 10:20 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

The cloud of smoke ascended all around Clara as she managed to tag an Artillian soldier in the arm before her vision was completely obscured. She tried to recall how many rounds she had expended since she opened fire and figured she had enough for a couple more bursts before reloading. Now only if she could see... She quickly tried to rely on other senses, particularly hearing, listening for the rings of blind fire, the cries of commands and orders. She heard one rather authoritative cry from an amorphous blob in the fog and fired a burst of rounds at it. The blob disappeared in the fog, hopefully because he was dying. Unfortunately she wasn’t the only one tracking their prey based on sound and quickly moved away before the Artillians could fire on her position

She reckoned she was the furthest from her ragtag band and rather isolated. She hoped she wasn’t too far in that she was beyond support or cover. That wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing yet she was confident she could hold her own as long as the enemy remained blind as they were. She ran from the truck that she was hiding from and advanced to the next vehicle in front of her. Sadly one Artillian sighted her and fired at her. He managed to squeeze off five rounds or so before she finished her clip with him. She sprinted the rest of the distance to the truck, keeping her head down from enemy bullets. As she rejected the empty to be replaced by another one, the sound of boots running across the asphalt reached her. Too late to use the rifle, she whipped out her pistol and fired one shot at the chest of the Artillian soldier, denying him the chance to draw his rifle. Two more pistol shots ensured his demise. Pleased with her kill count, she went on to finish reloading his gun.

Profile       WWW