Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peace is Not Sound - a fantasy RP
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 6:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

It has been 50 years since the war between the countries of Madaloria and Redulda. Those who grew up in this time have learned that having so little is part of life. Only hearing stories of a time when you could have so much more. Because of the war, so many families have lost husbands, brothers and sons. But the war has finally come to an end, Redulda having won, and the countries have to get used to having peace, and having more than they ever had before.

In your Bio please put which Country you are from. And you may be family of other peoples characters, for instance Anduril Vanlhach and I have agreed ahead of time.

Redulda
Selene Koan – Misa_amane
Jason Koan - Anduril Vanlhach

Madaloria

Name: Selene Koan
Familly: Wife of Jason Koan
Appearance: http://www.scificool.com/images/2009/07 ... lpaper.jpg

Personality: Selene was a shy innocent child, but as she grew older she started to understand how life really was, but she never let it get to her. It was not like she depended on Jason, but he made the world seem nicer then it was. After he went to war she had to learn to take care for everything herself, being so young and living alone, she had to grow up fast. All she knew was the man she loved was fighting for her and their country, and she loved him for that. Her memory of his is one of a brave man willing to die for her, standing tall, brave and strong. Now Jason is back she isn’t sure what to think. She loves him still, but she’s frustrated that he won’t talk with her when he is upset like he once did.

History: Selene had loved Jason since she first saw him as a child, thinking it was a crush at first, but when he started paying her notice when she was 13 and started courting her a year previous to their marriage, she was thrilled, ecstatic. Her wedding day was the happiest in her life, second by only the day Jason came home. But when he was called off for war when the scouts came through, she felt a hole in her chest, but she was proud at the same time. After he left, because she was 15, her parents invited her to live with them; she refused and lived on her own for the past 10 years.

Last edited by Misa_Amane on August 16th, 2010, 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2010, 5:28 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Jason Koan
Familly: Husband of Selene Koan
Appearance: http://static-p4.fotolia.com/jpg/00/06/ ... vHWUIX.jpg
He is around 6"1 and has a very fit body. He walks with a slight limp from an injury and is scarred all across that same leg. He dose not let this interfere with his everyday life knowing he has come out of the war alot better than others have.

Personality: Jason deeply loves his wife, or at least the memory of her. The sweet young girl that he left before he had to go to war. He cannot concived that she might have changed, she has been the one constant in his mind where all else has been chaos around him. When he returns he feels that his wife is a stranger, one he is now obliged to care for and fit into the role of husband once more. Something that dose not come easily to him. He is trying desperately to feel the love for her that he feels for her memory, but it seems impossible. Dureing the war he was desisive, loyal, and commanding. He was scruplousely fair to his men and a very honest man. However now he is home he feels lost and has forgotten how to treat a woman, he never strayed to another dureing the war but he has forgotten about a womans emtions and has become prone to fits of anger in his confusion.

History: Jason married Selene when he was 18. He had loved her since he was 16 and she a mere girl. He had started courting her a year previousely and they had finally got married. However this was not to be for long becuase 6 months later the scouts passed through thier village and took him away to the War.
Here Jason rapidly became a Captain and earned the respect of his men, leading them in many dareing eploits against thier enemy. Ten years later and the Redulda have won; and Captain Jason Koan must return to his wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2010, 5:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

I like the bio Anduril. I hope more people join.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 6:05 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

yeah me to. sorry i made you get married so young, i just thought if he was older then he would have been taken to war before that and would have had no time to marry her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 12:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Its fine. I just think of the fact young girls married around that age as well in medival times in the real world, so it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 4:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Ok, I am starting this.))

Selene had finished gathering the wood for her fire. She knew she could have asked Jason, but the man that she had married had only arrived a few days earlier and she was used to fending for herself. Yet she could feel him watching her as she started to prepare the meat for their dinner later that day.

True she had missed him while he was gone, but at the same time, she flet strange with him back in her life. 10 years is a long time to live on your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 6:40 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Jason sta outside the house. He didn't know how he felt. It was so...quiet here. He could still hear the pounding in his ears at night, but most of the time he managed to block it out.

And his wife...this was not the woman he'd married. She'd aged, and he'd known that would happen, even as he'd watched it happen to himself. She was still a beutiful woman, desireable to any man. Yet since he'd come home he hadn't mnaged to bring himself to touch her in that way.

He had married a young girl, a pure, innocent young angel. She hadn't depended on him but he had felt needed by her, he'd felt protective. She had been sweet though not so shy that she would not answer back to him. She was everything he had fought for, the very opposite to the blood and pain all around him.

But this woman, she was independant, she didn't need him at all. He'd tried to offer to help with the wood, but she hadn't seemed to hear him. She had set up home by herself for ten years. She was someone to be admired and respected...a collegue more than his little girl. There was nothing for him to do, she had it all sorted. He had been a leader of men and now no one needed him; not even his own wife.

His wife who was not HIS wife.

So he sat useless outside the house, sharpening his dagger. It was not needed, but it was habit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 12:52 am 
Maia
Maia

Selene gathered the chopped food and meat and put it into the pot where she had water already boiling. Sighing she cleaned her hands of the blood and juices. she went out side and sat on a stool beside Jason, it felt awkard. She had used the same amount she always had, but this time it would not stretch for as many days. "the stew should ready by nightfall." she told him picking up a peice of wood turning it around in her hands. SHe looked at him and sighed, she hadn't really said it yet, unsure how. "I missed you." she confessed. "It was lonely."

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 7:50 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

When she sat down he yearned to both put his arms around her and to stand up and walk aay as fast as possible. He did neither. Simpley sat awkwardly. When she spoke he did not look at her, he swallowed, unsure how to act with a woman who he found he could no longer love but could leave.
He was impriosned by his situation, by his emotions, by this peace that they had fought for for so long. By her. But he did not hate her, she was his wife who he loved. But he didn't love this woman! This was not his wife!

So he said nothing at first, but then realiseing he must reply with something he gruffly replied.
"I thought of our time together often. I treasure those memories." He said nothing about her now.

He stood up and looked out over the land. She didn't need him, he almost needed her to give him a purpose now that he had nothing to fight for. And that made him deeply uncomfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 11:17 am 
Maia
Maia

Selene sighed and looked up at him. She mayhave been able to care for herself, and she may have become more mature then she should have, but she still wanted him, still needed him. She remembered how she would wake up screaming because she dreamt he had died. Heck, when she first saw him she alsmot thought him to be a ghost. She was strong, but her emotions weren't strong enough. It was a part of her that never changed, but she didn't want him to see her so weak. SHe could tell he wasn't that sure of her anymore and it hurt. "Jason?" she asked, her voice squeaked, becomeing vunrable again. She repeated her self, trying to be stronger. "JAson, would you like to go to town with me? I need to get some things." She asked, hoping his answer was on the postitive side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 1:00 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

When she said his name he turned with a start, the sun shone full on her face, her hair shined like it did in his memory. His little girl sat there like she had in their first courting, nervouse and adorable. He smiled at her with love.
And then she changed. She spoke again and she was the mature independant woman in who's life he had no part. A shadow fell over his face and he turned away again.
It hurt too much to look at her.
"If you want." He replied impersonaly. "It will give me a chance to look for a job. Your obviousely manageing everything here well enough without me." The last was cold. He paused, he resented it, but at the same time he was very proud of her. He would have been proud of her even if he hadn't know her.
"Well done" He said more softly, but with a hint of the warmth that had been in his smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 3:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

Selene blushed as he said well done. it Reminded her of the first time she had cooked for him, she had been so scred he would hate it. She had spent all day on the meal. Thinking of that memorie made her smile like she had before he left, she wasn't faking it. With him around she never needed to fake her smile. She stood and wen to get her basket, still smiling adn blushing, more memories filled her mind, maybe that was all she needed, just the smallest bit of compassion from him.

Finally she came back out and looked and him, trying to look serious, but she felt the smile still pulling at her lips. "Shal we go?" she asked innocently.

((I'm trying to have her still be strong, but at the same time slowly become who she was, she had grown up way to fast.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 5:05 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Hn" He answred not looking at her. He walked along beside her before he glanced at her.
That smile
He remembered that smile so well.
He almost stopped walking before he managed to collect himself.
"So what do you need to get?" He asked gently. "Maybe I could help you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 5:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

"I ran out of some items. Not much. I have run out of thread and cloth to mend what clothes I have, as well as some cooking ingredients." sheLooked down. "Being alone I was able to amke the food stretch, some thing I don't miss." SHe blushed again. maybe it was because she hadn't seem him in so long, but she almost felt she was being courted again. ALthough she knew very well she wasn't. She looked at, wondering what he thought of her at the moment, a few days with him, and she was feeling vunrable again. She had built a wall, but he was the water that found a crack in that very wall.

((are you liking?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 5:53 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

((LOVEING IT :) ))

"Then I'l get a job so you won't have to stretch the food." His defences were thrown back up. She was hinting for mouney. Wasn't it enough that he'd fought for her for ten years? Wasn't it enough that he'd come back; not gone of with some camp woman? Wasn't it enough that he'd stayed faithful?
Apparently not. They had reached the town.

"I'l go and enquire at the inn. Meet me here in an hour." He said coldly before walking off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 6:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

Selene stood where he left her confused. Why was he angery? She went over what he said, and what she had told him. The food, she had onlymeant because she cooked for one she was able to not use as much, and in doing so she was reminded she was alone. She meant what she ahd said about not missing the need to stretch. She enjoyed cooking for him again. Sighing she went and collected the goods, and for the first time she had a bit extra so she went and bought simple dagger sheath, noticing before the care he gave his dagger, that could fit onto a belt. She smiled as she turned back toward the spot he had left her only 45 minutes before.