Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PotC || Where We Will We'll Roam
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 5:50 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

<center>From the minds of Goldleaf and PD comes...
Independent of the movies this RP takes place sometime during Barbossa and Jack’s quest for the Fountain of Youth</center>

It is said that in the English countryside there is an untold fortune which has been hidden away since long ago days. As the story goes in many ancient manuscripts, there is rumored to be treasures in the North of Britain which were hidden there by Merlin himself: The Thirteen Treasures of the Island of Britain.

Tucked away beneath the floorboards of a secluded house in England, a newly engaged couple discovers something quite astonishing and, for them, enthralling. An adventure just waiting to happen! Several old documents talking about this treasure have been tucked away for centuries. Included with these documents is a smudged, frayed old map… according to this map, the treasures have been scattered around the British isles, to avoid straightforward location. Could these discoveries really be a lead to the treasures? Or is this just the stuff of legend? They intend to find out.

THE RULES OF THE RP:

[-] this is a closed/invite only RP
[-] this is mainly an OC-based RP
[-] only join if you are going to be committed
[-] the content is to be PG to comply with AU rules
[-] no godmodding unless permission is given
[-] for the sake of realism only 2 vessels will be going on this adventure. The Anne Boleyn being one there is room for one other RPer to have their charries have a ship
[-] there is no set character limit but, again, for the sake of realism please restrain yourself as much as possible ;)

OWN/ORIGINAL CHARACTERS:

Henry Summers
Lucette Beauchamp
Joseph Kerringston --------------Calloniel (PD)
Nicolas Applegate
Carmon Applegate

Cairbre Eagle
Guinevere Elliot
Rosalind Eagle -------------- ~Goldleaf~
Morgaine Ellis
Eve Summers

Hunter Costello-Nightingale
Kayla Costello-Whittaker
Carlist Medusa-Drake ------------- Lothy
Andrea Costello-Nightingale

Edward Blackhaven ----------- Aramel

Last but not least, Goldy has a intro post all typed out but I'm gonna let her have the honors of posting it if she'd like... and then I suppose if everyone's ready we can kick off this Christmas RP.

:D

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Last edited by Calloniel (PD) on December 15th, 2010, 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 5:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Hooray! It’s starting! :pirate:
Here is my introduction post with Guin, Cairbre and Eve. Morgaine and Rosalind will be on the second ship, which will belong to the Costello-Nightingales. So, it’s Lothy’s turn next! :-D )

The Anne Boleyn sat anchored in the ocean, as elegant as a proud swan, even amid the crashing waves, uncaring of the dark clouds lurking ominously in the sky. It was the middle of the night, and the weather seemed to indicate that this was a foolish place to linger. But the captain knew what she was doing; they were a few miles offshore from the pirate haven of Tortuga, and she had sent out the specific bearings to those whose presence she required.

Standing on the deck, Guinevere Elliot breathed in the sea air with a smile on her face, unfazed by the weather conditions. She guessed, with an expert’s knowledge, that it would calm down in a little while. Loosely gripping the handrails of the ship, her expression was lit up with radiance, her red hair flying back from her features, blown about by the breeze. She was clad in a well-cut, dark blue gown and an exquisitely embroidered black waistcoat. As usual, she looked beautiful, but her natural good looks were given a new glow won by the fact that she was in love, and newly engaged.

Before they both left The Black Pearl, Cairbre had proposed to Guinevere, and she’d delightedly accepted. A few days later, they’d left the crew to pursue their own dreams and plans. In the course of a few months, they’d regained Guinevere’s old ship, which she’d thought to have been lost forever to the hands of her mutinous ex-crew, and also bought a house in England, their place of birth, a retreat for when the trials of piracy became too tiring.

On the first night they’d spent in their new home, they had discovered something intriguing under the floorboards of their chambers; upon discovering a loose floorboard, Guinevere had eased it open and discovered a map. It is well-known that all pirates covet maps, but this one was particularly interesting. It was very old, and it illustrated the British isles. Pinpointed all over the map were what appeared to be, at first glance, simply points of interest. However, accompanying the map were several old manuscripts describing The Thirteen Treasures of the Island Britain, which were said to have been taken to a cave by Merlin, to stay there until the time came when they were once again needed. Guinevere knew her legends well, and was immediately fascinated. It appeared that these artifacts had been scattered all over the isles, to avoid easy detection.

Showing the map to Cairbre, he too became excited by the notion of discovering these bounties. And so they had sent out word to all of their former pirate comrades, to meet them at a place of their choice, giving them the exact compass readings of the area where The Anne Boleyn was anchored now. Now they were here, Cairbre and Guinevere waited patiently for their friends to arrive. If all went according to plan, they would agree to help them search for the treasures, and when they were all located, they would divide up the bounty between them.

Standing there gazing at the sea, Guin was caught off guard when she felt familiar arms circle about her waist, drawing her into an embrace. An effervescent smile spreading across her lips, she turned round to look up at Cairbre, winding her arms about his shoulders. “You have the extraordinary talent of walking up behind people without them hearing,” she remarked, a laugh in her tone. She leaned up, and he lovingly caught the kiss she placed on his lips.

Touching her face, Cairbre observed Guin, his expression very warm. “You look happy tonight.”

“Of course I am.” Her smile was now simply bursting with joy, and she could not contain her happiness. Her entire being was filled with love; knowing such joy as this, daily, had changed her life forever, and it was still overwhelming. Also, she was undeniably excited about seeing their old crewmates again, and the prospect of beginning a new adventure. “I wonder when everyone will turn up? None of them will be able to resist this opportunity, I just know it.”

Cairbre’s smile widened with matching joy. Guin was right, but then, she usually was. He followed her gaze as she turned her head slightly, upon hearing two voices floating faintly in the air. One of them was very familiar.

~~~

Eve put down her oar, glancing at Henry somewhat apprehensively. He would be furious when he realised that she’d tricked him. Well, “tricked” sounded so malicious – she hadn’t acted in spite. They would still be going to England, as she’d assured him, but on a slightly different form of transportation. The grand ship looming up above them wasn’t the merchant ship she’d said it was. It was The Anne Boleyn, a ship captained by a very good friend from her pirating days. Eve and Henry had been living together in the Caribbean in a slightly strained atmosphere for a few months now. Henry’s continued hatred of pirates grated on Eve, but she’d hoped that if he came to know what having real family was like, then it would change him. A little while ago she’d received a letter from Guin and Cairbre, informing her of a new opportunity, one she didn’t want to miss. They were reuniting the old crew, and she was desperate to see the friends she’d not been amongst for what felt like, to her, an age.

“Come on,” Eve said, adopting a casual air that she was afraid her half-brother would see straight through, “up the ladder.” She smiled, and swiftly got up to her feet, gripping the rope ladder that dangled over the side of the ship. She went first, her heart thudding, glancing down to make sure that Henry was following. Climbing onto the deck, she recognised two figures, one with dark hair, one with red, and she beamed.

“Eve!” Guin went forward to greet her. “It’s so good to see you.” She hugged the younger woman. After a few moments Eve gently pulled back, glancing anxiously towards Henry.

“Thank you Guin… Henry…” she paused, searching for the words, “you don’t need to worry. We’re still going to England, we’ll still see Robert and Angel. But this isn’t the merchant ship I led you to believe it was.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 6:07 pm 
Istari
Istari

So will Jack and Barbossa come into this later or will they not be in it at all? :confused:

I'll join with...

Hunter Costello-Nightingale
Kayla Costello-Whittaker
Carlist Medusa-Drake

& Andrea Costello-Nightingale
with the possibility of bringing Caleb and/or Roisin in later.

I have a few ideas for this, basically Andrea would have left the Pearl and Hector having grown tired off their fights and would be living with Hunter and Kayla in Port Royal. Kayla is engaged to Carlist and as agreed with Goldy, Hunter and Rosalind are married.

So if it's okay with you two the other ship could be the Dionysus?

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 7:00 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[Here's my intro post. Short and sweet, but does the job I think. Hope it's okay for you guys xD]]

Hunter Costello-Nightingale stood by the helm of his ship, the Dionysus, with his hands clasped behind his back. Ahead of them, in the darkness, he could make out the glowing laterns of another ship and he smiled as the majestic outline of the Anne Boleyn grew closer. Just over a month ago they had received word from his brother-in-law and soon-to-be sister-in-law, regarding a new found map that lead to an anchient treasure. His wife, Rosalind, had been instantly intrigued and so he too found himself also becoming favourable to the idea of teaming up with the ex-pirates in search of it.

Something he felt the need to make clear, however, especially to his young niece, was that they were not, in any shape or form, pirates themselves. Instead, he informed the members of this venture, they were simply aspiring treasure hunters. Hunter Costello would never, as long as he may live, fall into the dispicable life of piracy. With this thought he turned his head to where his sister, Andrea, stood. Her face was sullen and her shoulders slumped as if the weight of the world lay upon them. She didn't share his intolerance of the pirate values or lifestyle, instead she had been happy to call herself one and revel in such audacities.

Something in her had changed however and promted her to leave that life just over half a year ago. Athough he was glad of this, Hunter couldn't help but mourn the loss of her passionate, firery personality, which seemed to have died along with her pirate ways. He'd tried talking to her, to encourage her to let down the solid walls of her inner self, but nothing would work. She was cold, as if a part of her had rotted away and died. He shook his head and turned his attentions to Kayla, his seventeen year old niece. She stood on the main deck, engaged in a light hearted conversation with her fiance Carlist Medusa-Drake.

Hunter approved greatly of Carlist, an Admiral of the Royal Navy and had used his influence with the King to secure the man a promising future. He could not think of anyone more worthy to take Kayla's hand in marriage. An added bonus was that the pair appeared to be completely smitten with eachother. The wedding had been agreed to take place on Kayla's eighteenth birthday, just over half a year away. He only hoped that her personality would mature slightly by then, which was half the reason he had decided to include her and her mother in this voyage. She needed life experience. Shouts went out and he roused himself from his thoughts, looking up in time to watch the Dionysus moar up beside the Anne Boleyn.

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 7:26 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[I’m going to do something different and start out with just one (yes, you read that correctly) ONE character and then later if others are needed I may add some in. But for now I’m just going to be playing Edward, because I feel like he needs some practice. Maybe I’ll make Vari’s whereabouts known later, but for now it’s just Ed. Okay then. *cracks knuckles and starts her intro post* :type: ]]

Edward looked over the letter he’d received from Guin and Cairbre, carefully studying the compass coordinates. He’d never been much of a navigator, so the scrawled numbers were beginning to give him a headache. He continued to struggle, however, because the promise of treasure was just simply too exciting to pass up - that, and soon he’d be reunited with his old companions, many who he’d lost touch with over the years. How long had it been, really?

A loud sigh. “This is hopeless.”

The map and compass were thrown to the bottom of the dinghy in frustration. The dark haired man lay on his back, staring up at the night sky and praying that a familiar face would come along and rescue him. The stars twinkled brightly, fading in and out as he tried to focus on them. There was something about using the stars to navigate, but he couldn’t remember. “Dam<b></b>n it all.”

Edward closed his eyes and let the rocking motion of the waves carry him to sleep; a light slumber devoid of dreams. It was only when his boat came into contact with something solid that his eyes shot open and he leapt up instinctively. His heart raced, expecting it to be the side of the <i>Anne Boleyn</i>, only to be let down when he found it was a piece of thick driftwood floating on the water’s surface. There were no boats as far as his eye could see - though the pitch darkness made it difficult to look very far without straining your gaze.

He sunk back down, deciding that perhaps he’d have been better off just ignoring the letter in the first place.

[[It’s total cr<b></b>ap, but it’s something… I guess whoever wants to jump in can… not sure how though. :confused: Meh. ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Henry silently helped Eve row the small boat towards the larger vessel anchored in the distance. Quietly, he contemplated the last few months which had led up to this moment.

For several months now, he had harbored secret suspicions of her every action. At the time she thought he had not noticed her quickly folding a letter as he entered their small cottage… well, she had been wrong. The only problem had been that when he had tried to find it while she was at the market square it was gone. Apparently she had either burned it or kept it with her at all times. Troubled by that revelation, he had begun to suspect her of turning back to piracy and watched her closely. And now… now there was a sudden ship to take them home to England? Did she expect him to believe it? He had played along, though, hoping all along that he was wrong. Narrowing his eyes he couldn't help but gaze ahead suspiciously. Without remark he noticed that the ship flew no colours. Immediately, he knew he had been duped like a common knave.

“Come on.”

She rattled his thoughts and his eyes pierced through her. Carefully scaling the rope ladder behind his sister he came upon the scene only moments after her. He stiffened like a board and said nothing, remaining close to the edge of the ship. “Indeed it is not,” he said icily to his sister. Perhaps, though, what hurt more was not the fact that he was on a pirate ship. Instead it was that his sister had tricked him. She hadn’t trusted him enough to tell him what kind of ship they were actually going to be going to England in. “Eagle. Elliot.” he bowed curtly to the two and abruptly went below deck, keeping his pride even in his defeat. He simply could not give up the opportunity to go home or to see his younger half-siblings but whatever else they were planning he would not and could not take part in. Not if it was piracy anyway.

----

“What’s that over there?!” Lucette called out from the helm (if it could be called that) of her own small dinghy. She pointed through the murky darkness surrounding them.

“Driftwood no doubt,” came the lazy reply. Joe sat on the bottom of the small boat quite comfortable and none too inclined to move.

“Nay,” Lucie contradicted and, grabbing a match, lit a lantern and held it up. It didn’t help a whole lot. As they drew closer to what she saw her laughter tinkled through the air. “What have we here?”

Joe stirred and brought himself up next to her. In the shallow light given off by the lantern their faces beheld a dark haired man lying on the bottom of a dinghy no more noble than their own. Before doing anything more Lucette grabbed at a discarded map and compass. Lucie prided herself on her navigation skills and she quickly took it all in.

Silently, Joe held up a letter and glanced over at Lucette with an eyebrow raised. She snatched it away from him and studied it, squinting in the soft light. She pushed a tangled brown lock away from her face and again met Joe’s eyes, hers twinkled in delight. “Treasure.”

For a moment the two of them had the exact same thought: take it and leave the man. However, just as they were about to, Joe stopped her. “Hold on, Lucie,” he turned back to the dinghy beside them, “wake up, man.” he shook him.

Lucie flinched. She was none too pleased with Joe.

“It’s Blackhaven.” Joe muttered to her as if that should mean anything. He and the man lying before them now had never had a… warm relationship, per se, but bygones were bygones, no? And Joe’s heart skipped a beat at the thought that perhaps this man knew where Vari was.

True, he had lost contact with Vari a long time ago and, in the end, he and Lucette were drawn to each other by some unseen force. Fate seemed to have designed them for one another while his heart longed for more. Many a day it vainly longed for Vari’s face.

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 9:50 pm 
Maia
Maia

Guinevere looked on as Eve’s half-brother, Henry, disappeared below deck, leaving the blonde girl standing alone, nibbling one of her fingernails. She turned her downhearted gaze towards Guin, dropping her hand to her side and exhaling her breath. “He probably won’t speak to me now for the duration of the voyage,” she mumbled. Eve felt extremely guilty for having tricked Henry, but she’d felt that it had been the only option. He’d probably never have agreed to come with her, had she been entirely honest with him.

Guin approached the girl, putting her hand on her shoulder gently. “Don’t worry,” she said, with a kind smile. “He’ll come round. In the meantime, just give him some space, and start looking forward to the reunion!” Eve didn’t miss the significance put into those last words, and her cheeks flushed pink. She knew what Guin was getting at. The red-haired woman sensed that her eagerness to participate in this new mission had a lot to do with the strong desire to see Edward Blackhaven again.

Before Eve could reply, Guin’s attention was drawn to the approaching shape of the Dionysus as it moored up beside the Anne Boleyn. Cairbre was leaning over the ship rail, a bright smile spreading across his features. Briefly touching Eve’s arm, Guin joined her fiancé, gazing across at Hunter Costello-Nightingale’s ship. Eve hovered on the deck, clasping her hands together, her skin still burning. She hoped beyond hope that soon, she would see Ed again. She wouldn’t be able to bear it if she’d gone to all the trouble of arranging her place in this voyage, if he wouldn’t be coming too.

~~~

“There they are!” Rosalind squealed, appearing at Hunter’s side with a broad smile. Her porcelain-doll features were positively glowing with excitement as she pointed out Cairbre and Guin. Her light blue eyes shone as she looked sideways towards her husband. Ever since receiving the letter, she’d been looking forward most enthusiastically to seeing her brother and her friend again, especially since they were now engaged. Rosalind would have liked take the credit for their relationship due to her matchmaking skills, but as it was, she’d had nothing to do with it. She readily admitted that the honest truth was simply that Cairbre and Guin were amazing together.

Laying her hand on Hunter’s arm, Rosalind looked over her shoulder towards Kayla, Carlist and Andrea. As the months had gone by, she had become very much part of the family, although at first she had felt considerably strange being called Kayla’s aunt, since she was still so young herself. But once she had simply decided to be the young girl’s friend, instead of striving towards some matriarchal role, the situation had lost it’s awkwardness. As for Andrea, she was now Rosalind’s sister-in-law; they got along well, and shared the same past of piracy, but Hunter’s sister hadn’t taken to her new life happily, and of late had seemed rather depressed. Rosalind had tried her best to help Hunter bring the woman out of her shell, but nothing worked. She knew that the woman was missing her old life, and missing Hector Barbossa too, but this wasn’t a subject she wanted to broach with her husband.

A gangplank was lowered between the two vessels, allowing the crew of the Dionysus to board Cairbre and Guin’s ship. Rosalind was first to arrive on the deck of the Anne Boleyn, and she certainly wasted no time, first approaching her brother, flinging her arms about his shoulders and hugging him tightly. “Long time no see!” she exclaimed. “It feels like it’s been forever.”

Cairbre laughed and hugged his sister back as Guin looked on fondly. The last time he’d seen Rosalind had been at her wedding; it had been a gloriously happy occasion. He had never thought he’d see the day when she would settle down into married life, but then, she had always been good at surprises. As Rosalind pulled back to take a proper look at him, he noted the familiar mischievous curl twitching up the corners of her lips, and the impish glint in her eyes. This was never a good sign. “So,” she said, “how’s the nearly-Mrs. Cairbre Eagle? Well? When are you going to make an honest woman out of her?”

Guin went to Cairbre’s side, giving Rosalind a hug accompanied by a laugh. “I’m doing very well, thank you,” she said, with a grin. “And as to the date of the great occasion – it’s not been decided upon yet.” She glanced at Cairbre, brimming with laughter, as Rosalind persisted.

“Well don’t leave it too much longer,” she said. “I can scarcely wait to see you floating down the aisle, a heavenly beauty of a bride! I’ve got to be the maid of honour, and Cairbre, you must have Hunter as your best man, or I’ll make you walk the plank.” Her tone was filled with her usual mischief. There were times when Rosalind could take things seriously, but on occasions when she became excited, it was often difficult for her to hold back her joking remarks. Still, she was obviously happy, and it was marvelous for Cairbre and Guin to see, for they both knew that there had been many times in her life when she’d been very unhappy indeed.

“Speaking of the man himself – where’s Hunter got to?” Rosalind glanced over her shoulder towards the Dionysus, her pearl droplet earrings swinging. These days, her appearance was much altered. Gone was the blonde wig, the black eyeliner and the sleeveless dresses she’d worn during her rum-fuelled stay in Tortuga. She now wore costly elegant gowns and jewels, with her hair left in an abundant mass about her shoulders, but twisted back on the top in a stylish chignon, fixed with a jeweled pin.

As Rosalind was distracted by the matter of her husband’s whereabouts, Cairbre turned towards Guin with a wide smile on his face. He drew his arms about her waist. “It seems someone’s quite impatient about our wedding,” he remarked. Guin laughed.

“Good things come to those who wait,” she replied. “Still, I must admit I’m somewhat impatient myself. Just think – I’ll be Mrs. Eagle.”

“Captain Eagle,” Cairbre corrected her, mock-seriously. Guin laughed and then placed an affectionate kiss on his cheek, before turning round at the sound of footsteps behind her. The couple found themselves face to face with one of their former crewmates, Morgaine Ellis, who was looking more tanned than ever, her tumbling golden-brown hair plaited with silver beads, which matched the embroidery on her crimson dress. The woman had arrived with the Costello-Nightingales, having received her letter, and then catching a ride with them.

“Hello there!” she greeted them with a smile. “If it isn’t the soon to be newlyweds!” In a very formal manner, she shook first Guin’s hand and then Cairbre’s. “May I wish you every happiness.”

“Good to see you, Morgaine,” Guinevere replied smilingly, “and thank you!” Her heart felt very warm, seeing her old friends again. Some things never changed.

~~~

As Guinevere and Cairbre were made busy by greeting the new arrivals, Eve was somewhat distracted as she leaned over the ship rail, straining her sight as far as she could. Not too far away, there seemed to be two small vessels floating along side by side. Her heart suddenly leapt wildly as a thought popped into her head. There could be every chance that Ed was in one of those dinghies. She certainly wasn’t going to just stand about waiting. Springing away from the edge, she sprinted over to Guin and gently touched her arm. “Guin,” she said, her tone brimming with building excitement, “I think we have some new arrivals.” She pointed her friend in the direction of the small boats. Guin’s smile immediately brightened.

“Excellent!” she said. She turned her head back towards Eve, before her smile took on a somewhat knowing edge. “Aha,” she said. “Well, you can take the little boat you arrived on with your brother and go and greet them.” She felt a rush of fondness towards Eve as the young woman’s face shone with anticipation. “I hope he’s there. I know how happy it would make you.” Wasting no time, Eve darted away.

~~~

Eve rowed her tiny vessel towards the two dinghies sitting together in the ocean, her heart hammering. She knew that she was probably getting herself into a state over nothing, but she could scarcely help herself. She felt as if she hadn’t seen the dark-haired man in an age. Now that her relationship with her brother had taken a somewhat sour turn, she couldn’t help regretting her decision to leave piracy, leave her old life behind. Had it really been worth it? It made her feel guilty, thinking these things, but Henry obviously wasn’t happy with her.

There seemed to be a man and a woman, leaning over into the other dinghy, one of them holding up a lantern. She recognised their voices almost instantly. Having rowed her boat into a position alongside theirs, she set down her oars. “Joe? Lucette?” she called out, timidly. She couldn’t help feeling a little disappointed, but then she noticed that they were both peering at someone, Joe shaking the sleeping form in order to wake him up. With a gasp, Eve realised that her dearest wish had been answered. Without waiting for permission, she scrabbled over onto Joe and Lucette’s dinghy, abandoning hers, before slipping into the third.

“Don’t shake him,” she said, slightly unsteadily, brushing away Joe’s hands. Swallowing, her noted how tight her throat felt, making her voice come out slightly hoarsely. She knelt beside Ed, feeling somewhat foolish now that she had found him. He had still not woken up. Slowly, she reached out, touching his shoulder. Her anxious expression was slowly melting away, to be replaced by a peaceful, contented smile. He was here, he had answered Cairbre and Guinevere’s call. And, by a tremendous stroke of luck, he was not with Varianna. “Edward?” she spoke his name softly, careful not to startle him. She pushed back her blonde hair as she leaned down slightly, waiting for him to open his beautiful green eyes. Briefly, she glanced towards Joe and Lucette, wondering what they were thinking. In this moment, she couldn’t bring herself to care. Looking back towards Ed, she did not speak again, but only waited. His small boat seemed awfully lonely – he’d obviously had an isolated voyage. Eve, however, hoped to change any feelings of loneliness he might have. She wasn’t going to give up on him now; not this time.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2010, 11:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[Adding in a small character solely for the purposes of this RP, just a small bit about him here:

Benjamin Mason-Knightly

About: Widowed with two young children, looking for a wife who'll not only be a companion to him but a mother to his son (6) and daughter (3).
Ex-navy but pirate sympathiser.
Played by Peter Facinelli.

http://www.peter-facinelli.com/gallery/ ... fullsize=1 ]]

Hunter couldn't help but smile at his wife's obvious excitement. It had been a while since she'd seen her brother and as soon as the gangplank was lowered she practically ran across to the neighbouring ship and threw herself at Cairbre. He hung back however, content with giving Rosalind some time alone with them before going over himself.

“Uncle?”

He turned to see Kayla looking up at him expectantly. Whenever people met Kayla, they always commented on how much she looked like Andrea, but when Hunter looked at the young girl he never ceased to see his own mother staring back at him. Although he would never say as much to her, he'd always seen more of his father's features in Andrea.

“Something the matter ladybug?” He asked, using the pet nickname he'd given her as a child. He hated to admit it but sometimes he didn't want her to mature as quickly as she was. She blushed but smiled none-the-less, her face creasing into something almost cutely kitten-like.

“May I come aboard the Anne Boleyn with you?” She asked, her emerald eyes shining with excitement.

“Of course you may.” He answered and offered her his arm, which she took with a broad smile. He'd given Rosalind enough time now, he reckoned. Carefully he led Kayla onto and across the gangplank, making sure to hold onto her tightly incase she were to fall. Once they were safely back on deck he strode over to where the happy reunions were taking place.

“Cairbre! Guinevere!” He called out jovially, stretching out a hand for Cairbre to shake before turning and kissing Guin on both cheeks. “You remember my, I mean our, niece Kayla?” He half asked, slipping an arm around Rosalind's waist as Kayla made a small curtsey. He knew Rosalind had found it awkward, trying to slip into the role of Kayla's aunt. Kayla herself had put up some resistance, thinking that Rosalind was trying to take her mother's place, but soon the pair had sorted their differences and become fast friends.

“Congratulations are in order I think.” He added with a wide smile. “You should have seen your sister when she heard the news, I almost suspect that she is more excited about your engagement than she was about ours.” He winked with good humour. “You must dine with us tonight, as a way of celebrating. We recently re-supplied and our cook is dying to get his hands dirty, I'm sure.” He looked across to his wife, waiting for her agreement in the matter.

--------------------------------

Andrea watched as Kayla and Hunter left the Dionysus, guilt wracking her insides. She knew she should go with them and congratulate Guin and Cairbre, to put her sorrows behind her for a night and help celebrate something that was so beautiful; the love of two people obviously made for each other, but she simply couldn't. How could she smile and put on a brave face, as if nothing was wrong, whilst inside she felt like she was being torn apart? It was by her own doing that she felt like this however, through her own selfish instinct to run whenever something seemed too tough. She could handle battles and almost imminent destruction perfectly well, but when it came to difficult emotions and facing matters of the heart she could barely cope. How she hated herself for it.

She heard footsteps behind her and seconds later someone leant themselves against the railings beside her.

“She'd a fine young woman.” The voice that spoke was male and belonged to a friend of Hunter's; Benjamin Mason-Knightly. Andrea turned her head to look at him questioningly. “Your daughter, Kayla.” He said, nodding towards the girl in question who stood with her uncle aboard the Anne Boleyn. “You should be proud of her, if my own daughter turned out so well I certainly would be.”

Benjamin was only a couple of years older than Andrea, but in his eyes she could see the soul of someone much older. He had been through a lot, her brother had told her; losing his wife in childbirth three years earlier, leaving him and his mother to raise his two children by themselves. Hunter had made it no secret that he wanted Andrea to marry this broken man.

“Thank you.” She answered him sullenly. “But I can lay no claim to her raising, as much as it pains me.” She observed him out of the corner of her eye. He was a fine looking man, there was no doubt about that; his hair was raven black and stopped just before his shoulders, yet not untidy and his face was cleanly shaven apart from a small amount of stubble that grew on his chin. His eyes were an inviting shade of grey, far from boring and dull, but instead drew her in despite her best efforts to be as un-accomadating to him as possible. She had no wish to marry this man, however. Of course she felt for him and his situation, but whilst someone else sat in the forefront of her mind she couldn't bare even considering the thought of agreeing to such a thing, even if it would please her brother.

“If you'll excuse me.” She said and walked away towards her cabin, skirts of her dress rustling as she went as if in protest. This wasn't her, none of it was. She felt like a piece of livestock or a china doll; dressed up and paraded before wolves and men, waiting to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. She was no longer her own person and she hated it.

[[Yay for depressing drabble :P]]

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 12:39 am 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

'Pirates' Gabriel muttered to himself, eyes glancing left and right to make sure no one had heard him. Even though he was not on a pirate ship per say didn't mean that his words wouldn't be taken without a grain of salt. It was hard for him to get used to his life now... It had only been a few months when he was taken aboard the Dionysus and what he had expected to find was far from the truth.

A fellow redcoat had informed him that the ship was under the EITC and was in need of members from the Royal Navy. Unfortunately that sentiment was only partially true, the Dionysus was known as a friendly vessel to the EITC, but they didn't disregard the pirates either.

It was a hard lesson to learn, and he was still having trouble dealing with the fact. It wasn't like he was really welcome anywhere else, not after the fact that he had let a few choice-named pirates slip past him those few months ago.

Reason why he was no longer sailing under the flag of the EITC. Sighing he shook his head, not wanting to think about the dam.ned woman and her friends that had gotten him into this mess.

Deciding to focus on the here and now he joined the few crew members who had decided to remain on the Dionysus. He lingered a bit on the top of the stairs, following the last bits of the conversation between Andrea and Benjamin. He could not understand the emotions that either of them were feeling, but he could sympathize with them. Gabriel had his own demons and troubling past and always wondered if things could have been different if he had been brave enough.

"Is she always like that?" Gabriel questioned, replacing Andrea beside Benjamin.

[[short but my brain is fried, so enjoy some Gabeness :p]]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2010, 7:52 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Upon hearing the commotion of people above deck, Henry’s curiosity was peaked. Before he decided to venture up though, he took a deep breath and glanced around the interior of the ship. His eyes caught a glimmering object hanging upon the wall. Hanging there was a worn and cracked looking-glass. He gazed at his own poor reflection in it. In his simple, common clothes, he looked nothing like his former, proud self. While standing there, beholding his appearance, his mind raced towards thoughts he had never taken the time to contemplate before. After all, when would he let that old self go and embrace the pure simplicity of being happy with his lot in life and who he was? Eve was a happy girl why must he torment her with his continual brooding? It was obvious now that she had fooled him because she could not trust him. Was that the relationship and life he wanted? When would he let the past go and embrace the future? Although he could never support piracy couldn’t he… accept it?

Once he decided to try to let it go, it honestly was not that hard for him to literally do it. Eve had created a new man and he didn’t want to lose her -- she and her siblings were the only family he had and he was blessed to have them here to save him from himself and Lord Beckett and all the terrible things he had done. He’d lost enough in his lifetime.

While peering in that looking-glass he had experienced nothing short of an epiphany.

Rushing up on deck he beheld a small group of people smiling and greeting each other warmly. Henry rushed over to Guin, “Guinevere, where is my beloved sister Eve?” he surely was a most peculiar sight since Henry rarely got as excited or as rushed as he felt right now.

Xxxxx

Carmon watched with silent anticipation as the Dionysus approached the other vessel. She had never fully gotten used to life on a ship but she did her best and she did so enjoy having adventures and picturing herself playing the part of a heroine in them. But the seas did wreak havoc on her stomach. Fussing with her skirts, she tried to focus her attention on anything but her churning innards and the gently tossing waves. Soon enough the sea sickness would pass as it always did. Her ocean blue eyes shown bright and were made even more azure by the similarly colored fabric enfolding her person. She smiled at her older brother, secretly rolling her eyes as she saw him gazing at Andrea. Carmon knew Cole thought everyone was oblivious to his love-sickness but she most definitely was not. Yes, she pretended like she was. But she wasn’t. In fact, as she thought about it she considered that he was perhaps as love-sick as she was seasick.

Ah well, Carmon allowed it to happen. She was happy for her brother although she felt a foreboding that it could not end well. Still, it seemed harmless enough to her.

As she looked at the rest of her crew members she felt an overwhelming happiness. It was nice to be out again and with her friends. She had relished being home but at the same time returning to normal life after such adventures made the common things she used to enjoy dull. Adventure novels which used to hold such pleasure for her seemed pale and silly compared to real life. She was thrilled to have befriended Kayla and Rosalind while in Port Royal, and Carmon was instantly excited to be invited to accompany them on this voyage.

She blinked and looked up. The two ships were now side by side. She smiled as she saw good friends reuniting. Such happiness made her heart sing. She picked up her skirts and rushed as quickly as possible to the other ship, hazarding a terrible fall from the gangplank as she ran over it quickly in her heels.

“Guin!” she squealed, “Cairbre!”

Xx

As the rest of the crew boarded the Anne Boleyn, Cole stayed behind and watched the exchange between Andrea and Benjamin from beneath his dark brows. He couldn’t hear what was being said but he could perceive that Andrea grew somewhat tired of conversing. She had been distant and sad for quite some time. As the beautiful woman went towards her cabin Cole, without a thought, hurried over to her.

“Ms. Costello,” he cleared his throat. It had come out a little high pitched. What was worse was that he suddenly found himself tongue-tied, “you look beautiful… I mean,” he fidgeted, “it’s a splendid day, is it not?” he tucked his hands behind his back to hide their nervous twitching. He smiled, looking every bit the part of nervous but gallant suitor.

[I indirectly godmodded Kayla and Rosalind a smidge. I hope you guys won't mind. :)

and I slapped Henry silly to make him come around finally. He needs to learn to be happy and let go. :yes:]

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2010, 11:11 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

“Can’t a man get some sleep nowadays without being interrupted?” Edward teased, before taking Eve in a hug. The woman was a breath of fresh air - the smell of her clothes and hair was fresh, tainted by the briefest hint of sea salt. It was uniquely Eve and he had missed it. Edward looked over her shoulder to see the outlines of Joe and Lucette in the glowing light. The two were not his particular favorites, but they were old acquaintances nevertheless. Lucette was too haughty and proud, and Kerringston was simply too much of an imbecile. The last time he’d seen the two was too long to remember. Come to think of it, how long had it been since he’d seen any of them? Well, that didn’t matter, for they were all here, gathering to find some treasure or what have you. Though something deep down told him not everyone would show up. The final time Edward and Vari were together was over a year ago, on a small island in the Gulf of Mexico. She had been ailing something fierce and appeared extremely pale, the illness taking its toll on her.

But Edward never got to find out what happened for it had only been a brief encounter. The next day the crew he was a part of was setting sail with the ship fully stocked full of the island’s spices and fruit. While he and Vari had arranged to meet on the southern end of the isle, Edward was left waiting and waiting for hours on end - she never showed up. Feeling broken and foolish, he boarded the ship and allowed time to pass.

And now he was here, holding a rejoicing Eve and staring at the Frenchwoman and the Womanizer. But even though their meeting was a welcoming one, he still felt empty inside from the lack of closure. If she was going to disappear from his life, could she not at least stand to say goodbye?

Wiping it from his mind, Edward closed his eyes and drew in Eve’s scent and warmth, hoping that this other woman from his past could at least provide some new memories. With a brief smile, he pulled back and spoke. “We should return to the ship - I’m sure the others are waiting.”

++++++++++++

A pair of dark eyes peered out from beneath a thick-brimmed hat; Ophelia watched as the day began to fade over the fields where she had spent much of the past year. Hard work turned her soft hands calloused and left a painful ache in her spine. But the backbreaking labor was coming to an end - she just needed to bide her time. Glancing over at another woman hard at work, Ophelia caught her eye, a twinkle that quickly faded along with the red sun. As night started to set in, the Overseer relieved the slaves from their duty and watched as the laborers marched past him, single-file towards the cramped dining hall in the building by the fields.

Ophelia was one of the last in line, her best friend in tow, behind many dark-skinned people. But she herself was not dark-skinned like the others - she was a tall, tan woman whose origins were not from Africa at all. The Cubans had become desperate for workers and took anyone they could find nowadays - African or otherwise - to treat like beasts with ragged clothes and small or no pay at all. And the food was hardly better; a reason Ophelia had become drastically thin in the previous months. If it were not for the hidden stash of stolen fruit shared between Ophelia and Helena, the two would have most likely starved. It had to be kept secret, for anyone found taking food from the plantations could be subject to death - and if not that, a painful whipping in the town center. The two girls had managed to stay silent about it and keep their small treasure for themselves.

The dark-eyed girl paused as the line moved forward, allowing others to go before her. She hung back with a mischievous look about her and undauntedly moved towards the Overseer - an intimidating man in his late thirties who could be considered quite handsome were it not for his controlling personality. “Sir,” came the polished English accent, and she need not say more. The Overseer’s hardened expression softened considerably and he took the girl’s hand, leading her away from the rest. Ophelia glanced back over her shoulder, winking at Helena as their plan was almost ready to be put into action…

In an instant, hands and lips were all over Ophelia - her suitor quite eager this evening - and Ophelia allowed him to do as he pleased. After tonight, he would never see her face again, save for the wanted posters that would be plastered all over town. She hardly minded as the man began lifting her wrinkled and torn skirts, for he wouldn’t be getting too far tonight anyway. While he was distracted, Ophelia gave Helena a signal and silently prayed that things would go as planned.

[[I know this part was a bit random, but Pandora and I have some stuff planned out so I hope it’s okay that Ophelia and Helena are now on board in this RP :yes: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalind beamed from ear to ear as Hunter and Kayla came aboard the Anne Boleyn, patting her young niece’s shoulder encouragingly as Hunter greeted Cairbre and Guinevere. She looked on approvingly as Kayla gave a small, polite curtsy, before turning her smile towards Hunter, whose arm now slipped about her waist. “Nonsense!” she retorted, brightly. “I was every bit as excited about our wedding as I am about theirs. You can’t blame me for wanting to see these two settled down permanently.” There was a laugh in her tone. “And of course, they must dine with us. I won’t brook any refusals.” Her bright blue gaze switched towards her brother and her friend. “We’ll somehow have to coax Andrea out of her sulk to join us. This will be nothing less than a proper reunion. And then you can tell us all about this shiny treasure you’re going a-hunting for.”

Cairbre cleared this throat slightly, trying to conceal a laugh. “I swear, married life has made you more officious than ever,” he remarked. Rosalind pulled a good-humoured face at him. She had wound her hand round Hunter’s and was now swinging his arm like a child. “We’d be delighted to join you aboard the Dionysus,” Cairbre addressed Rosalind’s husband with a smile. “When everyone has arrived, of course.”

Guin had been about to speak, when suddenly Henry, Eve’s half-brother, came rushing over to her, appearing excited and in a rush, enquiring as to the whereabouts of his sister. His mood had obviously improved considerably. There was a small pause before Guin gave him the honest answer, which she was not sure would please him or not. “Eve went to meet Edward,” she replied. “I’m sure she’ll be back, soon enough.” She gave the man a smile before turning back towards the others. She was soon met by a loud squeal from Carmon, who had run haphazardly across the gangplank to greet them.

“Carmon, it’s lovely to see you,” she said, warmly. “I’m glad you could make it – I assume your brother’s with you?”

There was a significant cough from Rosalind, who had not failed to notice Cole’s lovesickness for Andrea during the voyage. “He’ll be busy trying to woo fair lady’s heart,” she put in, promptly. “Thus far his endeavours haven’t been successful. I tell you, it’s as good as a play. It has me in stitches.”

“Rosie, don’t be so unkind!” Guin reprimanded her, before gently nudging Cairbre, who had burst out laughing despite himself. “It’s not funny!”

“Oh, I know it’s not funny,” Cairbre defended himself. “I just remember so well when I was a lovesick suitor like Cole, and how difficult you made the art of wooing for me.” There was a small moment’s pause before both Guin and Cairbre almost collapsed laughing, almost at the exact same time. Helplessly, Guin leaned against her fiancé’s shoulder, dabbing at her now slightly damp eyes.

“You see,” she addressed the others, through fading giggles, “this is one of the reasons I love this man.”

“I try my best,” Cairbre said, solemnly, his eyes gleaming with laughter. “Anyway. Do forgive us, everyone.”

Morgaine, who stood on the edge of the group, looked on at the proceedings, a smile broadly crossing her features despite herself. The atmosphere of happiness on board this ship felt contagious. Never before had she stood in the presence of two people who were so well-suited to one another – her hosts were two such people. Love was an overwhelming emotion to be witness to, but she appreciated it. It made the world seem a brighter place, even though she herself had no one to call her own.

“So,” she spoke up, projecting her voice clearly. “I wish to know when I’ll be expected to attend the wedding.”

Rosalind shook her head. “I already tried to extract that information from them, but they’re being stubborn,” she replied, jokingly, looking over at Cairbre and Guin. “Anyway, how much longer do we have to wait, Guin? I’m impatient for our dinner. And more details about the treasure – hint, hint.” Rosalind was extremely excited about the chance to return to her plundering days. She remembered what Hunter had said about them being aspiring treasure hunters and not pirates – but all the same, she longed for the freedom of her old vocation sometimes, and she wanted to find a way to persuade Hunter to change his mind. This would be easier said than done; she knew that his opinions on piracy had a deep-rooted, painful past, and the last thing she wanted was to upset him.

~~~

A joyful smile escaped across Eve’s features as Edward embraced her. She hugged him back, her heart hammering and her eyes closing. She knew that Lucette and Joe looked on, but she didn’t mind about them. They might as well have not even been present. Her arms were wrapped around Edward’s neck; as she held him, her entire being sang with joy. She was so happy to see him, to be around him again. Without him, life had seemed dull, pointless. Without him, Eve was simply unable to be herself. Now he was here, and everything seemed possible. For a moment she was unable to speak, before she finally whispered in his ear, so that the others couldn’t hear. “I’m so glad to see you. I missed you.” She hoped that he’d missed her. Listening to his breath as he seemed to inhale her scent, she kept her eyes closed, wanting to savour every moment.

When he pulled back, she opened her eyes and smiled at him, before nodding. “Yes. Yes, of course. Guin and Cairbre will be waiting for everyone to arrive. I think they want to speak to us about this new treasure,” she replied. She fiddled with the collar of her shirt, wanting very much to be sensible and calm about the situation. She dropped her hand to her side, hoping that Edward hadn’t noticed the little half-moon marks on the palm of her hand. She still had the nervous habit of sinking her fingernails into her hands, and recently she’d been extremely anxious about Henry. Thinking about her brother, she hoped that he wouldn’t continue to spoil things by staying angry at her.

Glancing around at Edward’s small boat, Eve looked at his possessions, his compass, his map, before looking back up at him. Her expression was so open, so honest, almost disarmingly so. She pushed back her long strands of blonde hair, the smooth locks brushing through her fingers as she tried to get it out of her way, seeming almost irritated with it. One thing about Eve was that she was simply blind to her own beauty. The moonlight shone on her pale skin, making it look luminous, and glinted on her fair hair, giving it a silvery finish. Clearing her throat, she glanced over towards her own boat.

“I’ve got my boat that Henry and me arrived on,” she said, tentatively, “but it’s not really very much. I think we can take yours instead.” She cleared her throat again, even though she didn’t really need to. For a moment she just looked at Edward, feeling caught off guard, before her expression broke into a wider smile, and she let out a tiny exhalation of breath, which tickled her hair slightly. There was a small pause, before she spoke very quietly. “It’s so good to see you again, Edward. I can’t describe it properly.” With those words, she turned, not wanting to seem too eager, and took one of the oars.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 8:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

As Andrea removed herself from Benjamin's presence and made her way back to her cabin she found her path intercepted by none other than Nicolas Applegate. The boy was nervous about something she could tell, tying himself in knots as he tried to find the right words with which to talk to her. She raised an eyebrow. She knew he was no simpleton, yet he seemed to exceedingly struggle to grasp the concept of a structured sentence. She was in no mood for this.

“You were taught to speak correctly as a child were you not Applegate?” She enquired cruelly, arms folding just below her bust. “I'd hate to think you've lost that ability already.” As soon as she'd said it she became aware of exactly how pompous she had sounded. It was a habit of hers, it seemed, to become snobbish and curt when irritated or tired. She hadn't even listened to a word he'd been saying, but now, as she watched him, some of his words filtered into her mind. One in particular even. Had he called her beautiful? Guilt began to brew within her and she sighed, inwardly chiding herself for her sharp tongue.

“I'm sorry.” She said, her head bowing as she smoothed out a crease in her dress. She hated wearing the thing, she felt constricted and it weighed her down. She longed for her shirt and breeches, but she knew it was something her brother would in no way allow. Though in truth it wasn't just her breeches she longed for either. She shook herself of those thoughts as soon as they started to materialise again and turned her attentions back to the man in front of her. “And you need not address me as so, Nicolas. Andrea, or Lettie, will do just fine.”

She looked back at where Benjamin and now Gabriel stood and suddenly felt like something under scrutiny. She bulked against their gazes, bristling at the nerve of it. She took ahold of Cole's arm tightly and pulled on it firmly.

“Come on.” she said, glancing above herself to the now starry sky, the moon shining brightest amongst them. “Let us find something to entertain ourselves with. I grow weary of this facade.”

- - - - - - - - - -

Hunter couldn't help but smile as Rosalind slipped her hand into his. She really was a free spirit. He often wished he could see the world from her point of view, to be as carefree as her, but in his reality things were harder, darker. It seemed things were the same for Andrea and he highly doubted that she would come out of her 'sulk', as Rosalind called it, easily. To be honest he was at his wit's end with her, he had no idea what to do anymore. Quickly he tried to distract himself from these thoughts and tried to concentrate on his friend's conversation. Carmon joined them and he snorted at Rosalind's mention of Cole attempting to woo Andrea.

“The boy will have his work cut out for him.” He commented. “Andrea doesn't appear to be interested in anyone's advances or wooing.” He knew that fact should have pleased him, but it didn't, considering her virtue and anything similar was far lost. He shook his head. His mood had taken a turn for the worse now and he no longer felt like conversing or socialising.

“Well friends, I must excuse myself to inform the cook of our new arrangements.” He said with a forced smile. “I trust to see you all for dinner.” He kissed his wife on the cheek. “Kayla? Do you wish to accompany me back to the Dionysus or remain here with your aunt?” He enquired, looking down to the younger girl.

“I think I will stay with Rosalind.” Kayla answered and Hunter nodded before taking his leave and making his way back to his own ship.

As he stepped onto his own deck it was to see Andrea dragging Cole below deck as Benjamin and Gabriel watched on. He heard Gabriel enquire after Andrea's behaviour and benjamin's answer.

“It seems so sir.” Benjamin observed with distaste in his voice. “She leaves a lot to be desired, sometimes.” Hunter felt his fists curl.

'You foolish girl.” He hissed to himself. “You will ruin yourself forever like this.” With that he stormed to his own cabin and slammed the door behind him.

[[Sorry it's not much but I'm still not feeling well. Needless to say Hunter is heading for a good old breakdown :P]]

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 4:03 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Helena stood beside her friend for the entire day, though her mind continually ran over the plan that would be played out later she kept the facade of a worker. No need to bring up suspicions, it would ruin everything they had been working towards and they both knew this was their only shot...

The sun came and faded just as quickly leaving them in the long line behind the Africans waiting for their turn in the dining hall. Helena did not understand how the others survived working all day for the little food they received in the hall. If it wasn't for the stash of stolen fruit that she and Ophelia shared she knew they wouldn't have survived this long.

No need to dwell on these lingering thoughts, if everything went right then her and her best friend would be off this vile land in a matter of hours.

Together they stood in silence as the queue slowly inched forward. Soon Ophelia moved forward and winked and Helena knew that the time had come. There was hardly anyone left in line, but the dark-haired girl knew she still had her piece to do to make sure that this went off without a hitch.

Reaching up to the back of her head, she pulled out the tie that was holding her errant curls together. The dark brown curls fell about her shoulders and with an added lascivious smirk, Helena knew she'd be hard to resist.

Moving over towards where the Overseer and Ophelia had vanished off to she saw two other men who were watching the exchange with their own hungry smiles. Helena wanted to roll her eyes at the disgust that these two men were showing, but she held it in and moved closer to the big men.

No words were exchanged, Helena simply let her body do the talking and it did not take longer before the two men replied. When they were both duly distracted by her lithe form she reached down and pulled at the small dagger taped to her thigh, two swift moves and the men fell silently at her feet. Life's blood spilling from their neck onto her boots.

Now that her part was almost done, she made her way to where the Overseer was taking his pleasure from Ophelia and pulled him off of her while placing her blood wet dagger against his throat, her fingers twined in his hair holding his head back exposing even more neck to her vicious blade.

=====

Gabriel didn't know much about Andrea, never having talked to her before, but he felt some strange pull to get to know her better. It was almost as if he knew her or knew about her on a level that was incomprehensible and indescribable.

From the looks of things, Gabriel highly doubted that he would get to talk much with this girl. So his best bet was to learn about her from others. "It would seem so. Hunter does not seem to be taking her actions lightly." Gabe gestured towards the man in the beginnings of a fit with the tilt of his head.

Moments like these always made Gabriel question his sanity on leaving land.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 6:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Okay, so I replied that I was joining a long while back and I'm finally getting a post up. That being said I'm only going to play Christine that is until Hector comes out of the woodwork. I may add some more OCs as we go on though. Probably Phillip if we get the Navy involved later.)

Christine held tight to the wide brimmed hat set on her head as she scurried down the deck towards the Anne Boelyn. It hadn't been long since her return home and it had done her good - her family had accepted her with open and worried arms and no one much questioned what happened those many years she had disappeared, though they all guessed. It had been a lovely time, to be certain, but something in her cried for adventure. For the sea. Her friends. When she got the note from Guin and Cairbre she jumped at the opportunity.

Her family had been skeptical at first. However, while her stay home had been good for her and had made her well, she still held a sort of melancholy that she couldn't seem to shake. The letter, though, cast it away and she saw freedom and the ocean and sails. They smiled and told her to come back soon and send letters and what trinkets she found. She couldn't ask for better.

The girl seemed younger than before and was bright and grinning in a way that seemed to light her surroundings not just her face. Her red hair was set free and flew behind her in bright curls. She skidded to a halt at the gang plank trying to gain composure before walking on board, her dark brown boots making distinctive clicks on the wood.

"Guin! Cairbre!" She called while stepping onto the ship. The woman stepped to them all smiles. "I am so happy for you both!" She exclaimed and clapped her hands together for emphasis. Weddings and love made her happy. It was just that love was an infectious emotion that made just about everyone around it happy.

"I must go put my things up. But this certainly looks like it will be quite an adventure!" She called over her shoulder while she walked across the deck with every intention of going below until a brunette spot caught her eye. She knew who it was immediately and nearly dropped her things so she could embrace the woman.

"Morgaine!" She yelled and scrambled across the damp wood to the other woman's side. "I had no idea you would be on this journey! It is wonderful to see you, though. How have you been? Where have you been staying?" She asked in a hurried succession, clearly curious as to how her friend was doing.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 11:58 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Lucette gazed upon the moment Edward and Eve shared with cool indifference. She would just as soon have preferred to be on their way with the compass and the map. A good bit o’ gold would cheer her heart - not this excessive mush. She drummed her finger tips on the side of their small vessel, feeling cramped with all the commotion. However, her fingers suddenly stopped as Edward mentioned returning to the ship.

“Ship?” her brow knitted at his words. “Zere iz no ship.” she frowned. And yet it suddenly dawned on her… where did this blonde poppet come from if there was no ship? Perhaps… he was heading towards the ship. The map then wasn’t the location of silver or gold but a ship. Instantly, her heart sank but her ears pricked back up at the sound of treasure… albeit it would be shared with everyone on the ship.

Meanwhile, Joe sat quietly in the dinghy, staring into the dark water. The stars, like radiant lanterns dangled in the sky by God himself, reflected brightly into the rippling liquid. The reappearance of Blackhaven had brought back many unwanted memories of distant and long passed times. He tried to shove them away, dismiss them from mind but… he couldn’t. The harder he tried, the more he remembered. Joe needed to know what had become of Vari… perhaps Edward would know. He gave the other man a quick, sideways glance, searching in his eyes and expressions for any signs of what had happened to Vari. He saw nothing.

Interrupting their tender words and Joe’s thoughts, Lucette spoke up, “it iz good we came acrross you, Monsieur Black’aven.” she smiled, a genuine smile. Lucette could be your best friend if money or fame were involved. Obviously, “treasure” had brightened her outcome on their chance encounter with him.

xxxxx

“Ah,” Henry faltered, his sudden resolution to be a different man was being tested. His smile faded and his eyes grew darker at the thought of his sister with that… that man. He straightened, not finding it within himself to return Guin’s smile. As she apparently didn’t wish to talk to him anymore he wandered away from the group and gazed off the side of the ship, under dim lantern light he could see his sister and Blackahven in the distance. He chewed on his lower lip, determined to maintain his previous excitement and resolve. However, now that he had a family he felt possessive over them… he didn’t want to give Eve to that man - a pirate no less.

He felt alone again. Like he was in his own small world. And he hated that feeling. With renewed determination he promised himself to be a new man on a new path.

xxxxx

Carmon’s face was beaming from happiness. “Aye,” she replied to Guin after a quick hug, her eyes sparkling. Carmon giggled as Rosalind summed up Cole’s accomplishments properly. “No, indeed she is right, Guin. I’m afraid my brother hardly thinks of anything… or rather anyone else and yet… ‘Drea is a hard catch,” her voice and face fell at the last words. She pitied her brother and yet wished him the best. But as Hunter spoke she felt resentment and pride for her brother well within her. Did no one really have faith in Cole? He was extraordinarily bull-headed when he wanted to be.

“I think he shall have her,” she whispered to herself, fierce loyalty and confidence in her brother burned within her.

xxxxx

On the inside his heart sank, on the outside his face also fell at ‘Drea’s biting retort. Cole hadn’t expected anything like this. He hated to think that she thought that poorly of him and yet a resentful little voice whispered inside of him ‘who was she, a pirate, to mock him?’

With wounded pride he pursed his lips and didn’t reply to her apology. Instead, Cole gazed on as she fidgeted with her gown. It wasn’t that he was particularly good at mind-reading but he knew when a person felt the same way he did and he sympathized with that - it caused him to instantly forgive her of everything she had said before. After all, Cole knew what it looked like to be dissatisfied with life - which she obviously was. Before his mother had re-married he had been working, controlling his own future. Afterward, nothing. He had done nothing but sit because he didn’t have to work. His step-father insisted upon giving his new family a “good life”. But what had it been filled with? Excessive luxury and… idleness. He recalled hating being stifled in that life and feeling as though he wasn’t in control of his own destiny anymore. Seeing her recalled all of these painful memories.

“Cole,” he replied as she brought him out of his reminisce, giving a brief bow and regaining some of his manners. His face brightened as she looped her arm through his. “The façade,” he slowly ventured, gaining courage, “of… pleasing others? Surrendering your will to others and…” he paused, hoping he wasn’t going too far, “not being in control of your own fate?” becoming slightly braver he slyly added, “or perhaps simply not wearing what you wish?”

How he died to gush to her his opinions on the class system, his “new fangled notions” (as Carmon called them) of how much better everyone would be if they could do as they pleased, how tormented he was in the Port Royal society where everything was etiquette and scorn if you did not obey said etiquette. How utterly painful had it been to live in that society, to be controlled like a marionette. He took a deep breath of air, reveling in the purity of the night and in the purity of being away from it all… or at least mostly away from it all. Most of all he reveled in the purity of being with her.

[I love me some Codea... I feel that in another lifetime they could've been perfect kindred spirits. :happy: However, in this lifetime I simply cannot wait to play out how it'll all end.... "the tragedy it seems unending..." :whistle:]

-sig by Loafers-