Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 165  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 9:35 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Smirking at Rosalina's futile attempts to free herself, Drake just held on to the woman tighter. "You will be wise to cease your struggles, little girl," he told her in a condescending tone. "It will be all the worse for you if you decide to fight me," he added, inflicting a small amount of pain through her body as if to make a point.
Hearing Russell call out to him, Drake only grinned. "She's all yours," he replied, still not letting Rosalina go.
------------------------------------------------------------
Drawing in a sharp breath as Russell spoke, Calista's face paled at his words. "Run," she whispered in Damon's ear as she set the child down, not wanting any harm to befall the boy in case Russell should succeed in grabbing her.
"But-" Damon started to say but Calista cut him off.
"Go to my father! Do not fear, I will be behind you," she urged the young child as ushered him ahead of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 9:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina cried out, but it wasn't just a cry, she cried out the name of the man she held most dear, Darius. How could she have done this to herself, she should have stayed and hid. Slowly she stopped fighting and whimpered, tears still falling down her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell beamed, he grabbed a horse and ran up behind the blonde, he pulled her infront of him, on her stomach. "So, was was calling out such a smart thin to do?" he asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 10:00 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Frowning as the woman screamed the name of the man she held most dear, Drake just held her all the tighter. Laughing as she slowly stopped fighting with tears streaming down her face, he tossed her on the back of his horse on her stomach as he quickly mounted the great black beast. "Your man will never find you. And even if he does, I swear I will break him," he hissed in glee.
Screaming as Russell grabbed her from behind and tossed her in front of him on her stomach, Calista could not help but grimace as she felt the air leave her body.
"Lissa!" Damon yelled running after the horse on his short legs.
"Go back! Run!" Calista called out hoarsely, a bit relieved when she saw the boy step back into the woods.
Shuddering violently as Russell questioned her, Calista felt her eyes fill with tears. She wasn't even going to answer Russell's question, knowing that he would be able to read the answer in her terrified blue eyes. She had been an utter fool to scream out. "Gareth...please...help me..." she whispered, calling out to the man that she loved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 10:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosaline paled, her body becoming limp. Memories of that day not so long ago flashed through her mind. The words of the man who she was meant to marry echoed in her mind. It was happening all over again. She nodded, as she had then. Darius, he was her weakness, if he would ever be killed in any way, she would not be able to forgive her self. Closing here eyes she wanted to leave the reality she had been forced into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell rode to join his leader, just as the others did. Most had a conquest, a woman they had taken, many had blood upon their swords. "Boss, shall we take leave of this pathetic village?" he asked, it was a ruin of a place, bodies of men and few women littered the ground, staining it with blood and other such fluids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 10:53 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Smirking to himself as Rosalina's body became limp, Drake knew he would soon have fun with this woman---breaking her and ravishing her. As Russell rode up to him, Drake gave him a wicked grin and nodded. Glancing back as smoke from the burning village billowed in the air, he felt a rush of excitement course through his veins. "Yes," he replied. "We have our spoils," he added with a malicious smirk as he rubbed his hand along Rosalina's back. "Let's go and enjoy them," he added before giving the signal to move out.
Squeezing her eyes shut, Calista felt another tear fall from her eyes as she tried to choke back a sob. She should have stayed back in her home---where she would have been safe. Struggling helplessly on the back of Russell's horse, she could only pray that Gareth would be able to find her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina shivered as he touched her back. She wanted to die, if she could, she would do it now so he may not be able to do to as he had planned. 'I'm sorry Darius.' she thought. 'So sorry. Please forgive me if I can not be saved. You have saved me so many times.' She felt more tears well in her eyes as she thought of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell hooted and lead the men from the village after their leader. "To home!" he cried out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:31 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Tears stinging her eyes, Calista could feel the small pebbles in her pocket, the small stones she would have used to create a secret message for Gareth. Gareth, just thinking his name brought tears of remorse to her eyes. She knew in her heart that he would come after her, but by the time he found her, she figured she would be dead---if not by Russell's hand than by Drake's. Keeping her eyes close, she slowly moved her hand toward her pocket and pulling out a pebble, tossed it down in the hopes of leaving a trail for Gareth to follow. If she died, then perhaps he could save the other women taken. As they continued along the path, Calista continued to toss the small stones to leave a rocky trail.
Laughing as he heard the hoots and cheers of the men and Russell's command, Drake spurred his horse on faster. This day couldn't have gone any better, he found himself a woman and to add to their luck they even captured the Headmaster's lovely daughter. She would be the perfect bait to lure in that mage who troubled them for years. Then when he came to them, he could have the girl killed in front of them---if she survived the ravishing that he was certain Russell would inflict on her, and if she didn't well he wouldn't mind presenting her dead body before the mage.
Running as fast as he could on his short legs, Damon quickly made it to the Headmaster's home and began to pound on the door. Hobbling to the door, Daniel was shocked to see the tear-stained face of the small boy.
"What is it?" Daniel asked a bit curtly, already in a foul mood from his daughter's behavior and the request Darius made of him.
"The village is burning! Everyone is gone! Calista is gone!" Damon blurted out at once.
Hearing the child's words, a sickly grayish hue spread over the old man's face. His daughter gone? She couldn't be. Not after what he said to her. "My daughter..my Calista gone?" he asked as his blue eyes welled with tears.
"A big bad man came on his horse and just snatched her. She saved me from the fire and he took her! She promised to save me and now she is gone!" Damon insisted.
Letting out a harsh cry, Daniel sank back against the wall as waves of guilt assaulted him. "I shouldn't have been so cruel to her. Now she will never know that I loved her and was proud of her," he muttered to himself.
Stepping forward as the boy spoke in fast words to the old man, Darius quickly rushed to the front to look for Rosalina. Not finding her outside, he felt a fear grip his heart and a sense of dread fill him. Turning back to the boy, he knelt down and grabbed Damon by his shoulders. "Rosalina, have you seen her?" he asked, shaking him a bit.
"Who?" Damon asked, clearly terrified by this strange man.
"My companion. Beautiful, petite, brunette, soulful-brown eyes," he said simply before describing her outfit.
"Gone," Damon said after a moment. "Calista saw a man in a dark tunic try to attack her. She screamed out, but it was too late. She was taken too."
Hearing the boy's words, Darius let his hands drop to his side and felt tears sting his eyes. She just couldn't be gone. There was just no way that his whole world had been taken from him. Hitting the ground in frustration as he gritted his teeth, he finally stood after a moment and away from Damon and Daniel, his fists clenched in rage. Without another word, he turned from the Headmaster's house and prepared to go after her captors.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 3rd, 2011, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:46 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina wanted to vomit as she heard the laughter. "What will you do to me?" she asked, her voice small and trembling. She already knew, but she wanted to hear him say it, hear him confess so she would have a reason to take her life. And yet she felt no temptation to mention her father, if he were to have her saved, she would have to return to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell did not notice the woman he had dropping stones. He however rode his horse to join his leader. "Boss, should we camp when night falls, or ride until we reach our home?" he asked, wanting to take the woman to his chambers, if they could be called that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 12:01 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Drake laughed at how pathetic Rosalina sounded. "What do you think, sweetheart. You and I will have some memorable moments tonight," he added with a roguish grin. Hearing Russell speak, he turned briefly to his second in command. "We will ride on for as long as possible. The more distance we put between us and the village, the longer we can enjoy our prizes," he added with a smirk.
Listening to Drake and Russell speak, Calista felt as if she was going to vomit. Being sure to save some stones for later, she decided to stop dropping them for now. "What do you want with me?" Calista asked Russell, her voice weak and shaking with fear, not wanting to look up at the man fearing that she might pass out in terror.
Walking through the woods, Darius paused every now and then to get the scent of the bandits. Growling in frustration, he quickly morphed into a lion and raced down the wooded path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 12:10 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina knew the womans voice, so she had been taken too. But the words the man who had her drove to her core. She knew what he was going to do. She became limp. "Nothing can scar me anymore." she said and felt the tears in her eyes. The first chance she got she would destroy herself so they couldn't any further then she already was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell laughed. "My dear, did you not hear what was said the woman beside us, You shall be reciveing the same treatment dearest." he said with a lusty grin. "And I will make sure you will take if not, you shall feel pain, alot of pain."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 12:25 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Drake just smirked at Rosalina's words. "We will see," he remarked with a cruel smile as he urged his horse on faster.
Whimpering softly at Russell's words, Calista shuddered violently. She would not let this man have her. She couldn't. No matter how much pain he inflicted upon her. The only man she wanted was Gareth and she was saving herself for him. "I'll never give myself to you," Calista said softly wondering what made her so bold but the tremor in her voice taking away the power from her words.
Coming upon a stone in the path, Darius sniffed it bit and recognized the scent of the blonde he met earlier---the Headmaster's daughter. So she had been taken too, he thought. I must be on the right trail, he thought as he bounded forward with all due speed. Hold on Rosalina, I'm coming, he thought to himself.
Returning from his mission, Gareth froze as he saw Andestea in flames. Seeing the ground littered with the bodies of young men, he knew at once that the village had been raided while he was away. Calista, he thought panic filling his heart as he quickly took to the sky and flew toward the Headmaster's home, praying that at least she would be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 12:38 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina swallowed. "You will. they will break you. They will find a way." she told the woman she couldn't see, yet could hear. "I know, trust me, they will break you." She closed her eyes, wanting to slip away, wanting to die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 1:11 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Calista said nothing to Rosalina's words as she bit her lip hard. "Do not give up yet," she whispered, trying to be encouraging though there was a flatness to her own voice that hinted that she too was close to giving up, that she had been entertaining thoughts of suicide even before Russell could have her so at least she would die chaste. Hand slipping to her pocket, she took out several more stones and tossed them on the ground as the neared the bandit's home.
Growling in frustration, Darius continued to charge forward, being sure to sniff at the ground and the air as he continued his lonely, desperate trek.
"Calista!" Gareth yelled as he neared the Headmaster's home. "Please, answer me!" he shouted.
Spotting Daniel outside with a boy, Gareth felt his heart sink, already guessing the fate that had befallen her.
Hearing the mage's voice, Daniel lifted his care-worn head. "She's gone," he whispered as the mage landed in front of him, meeting Gareth's tear-filled eyes with his own.
"She saved me!" Damon piped up. "A big man grabbed her and rode off. Everybody's gone!" the boy wailed to the mage as he threw his arms around his legs. Placing a hand lightly at the top of the boy's head, Gareth turned his attention to Calista's father.
"I'm sorry Gareth," Daniel whispered. "I sent you on a mission to separate the two of you so I could marry her off to another," he added softly, his face lined with remorse as he noticed the mage's jaw tighten. "I shouldn't have been so cruel to her. I accused her of being selfish and not caring about the villagers, and I hit her for the kiss I saw you two share. The last words I uttered to her was a prayer to the heavens to 'remove this thing---this willful, disobedient girl--- from my life by whatever means necessary'" he choked out as he hung his head. "And now she is gone..." he whispered, a single tear falling from his eyes.
Unable to control his anger, Gareth gently pushed the boy aside and grabbed Daniel by the cuff of his tunic. "You senile old fool! Calista has done more for Andestea than you could ever imagine. Have you no honor? No fatherly love? You just sent your precious daughter into harm's way--all for what---vain pride? She probably went looking for trouble only to prove to you that she cared about Andestea! Do you know what they will do to her?!" Gareth seethed, tightening his grip on Daniel's tunic. "They know she is your daughter! She cannot expect any quarter from them. They will ravish and beat her until she wishes that she were dead!" he hissed, choking on his own words. This couldn't be happening. Calista was his everything. She couldn't be gone...she just couldn't.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 6th, 2011, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 1:22 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina sighed. "Don't you see, it is too late. I have fallen fate to the hands of someone before, who broke to give him what he wished. I tried to refuse. I tried for so long, but he broke me using Darius." she stopped a moment. "If they know there is someone you love, they will do the same to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell hooted again at the bandits home came into view. "Let there be feasting!" He crowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 1:47 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Biting her lip, Calista could only feel tears sting her eyes. She couldn't bear it if something happened to Gareth. She was wrong to wish for Gareth to come for them. If he came alone, he would be so distracted that they would kill him for sure. She could endure all the pain in the world as long as she knew that he was safe. Heaven, guard you my mage, she thought silently. No matter what happens, just know that I love you, she thought as a shudder passing through her as she heard Russell's wild hoots.
Smirking, Drake drew in reign as he came upon their home. Dismounting he roughly grabbed Rosalina and threw her across his shoulder, planning to take her to his chambers.
Darius continued to race along the path in wooded form, sniffing at the air as he did so. He had to keep pushing on before their scent disappeared from the air and he risked losing the bandits and with them Rosalina forever. Hold on Ro, he thought suddenly. I'm coming, just hang on. All he could do was pray that she was strong enough live long enough for him to find her, knowing that losing her would completely destroy him.
"Please, just save her." Daniel whispered as Gareth held him roughly by his tunic. "Just save my daughter, and I swear she will be yours."
Growling, Gareth shoved Daniel back as he released him. "I will save her. But not for you. Your foolishness brought this on and now Calista is paying the price. For your sake I hope that I find her alive and unharmed," he hissed before turning away and flying quickly through the wooded path using the wind. He just couldn't lose her. If she died at the bandit's hands, he would have no reason to live. She was the only woman he knew that tried to see the good within everyone and who seemed to bring out the best in him. No matter how much he wanted to deny it, Gareth knew that if he lost her now it would be all his fault, and that thought alone caused tears to sting his hazel-green eyes.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 5th, 2011, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 1:54 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina cried out, she didn't think it would be so soon. She would die first. She struggled to free herself. "please . . ." she begged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell grabbed Calista, and procedded to take her to his own rooms and threw her onto his bed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 165  Next