Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 165  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:03 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"My guess is that the headmaster will live in the largest home in this village. Probably set a brief distance apart from the other houses," Darius remarked briefly. "As for revealing our identities, trust your instincts. You will know when it is the right to reveal who you really are," he added as they made their way down the dirt path.
------------------------------------------------------------
Kneeling down in their garden, Calista tended to the vegetables growing there. If things continued, they would have a bountiful harvest this year. It was a pity that she would not be here to see it. Once she was wed, she would have to help with the harvest in her husband's land. This land was the land of her birth. She did not want to leave it for another village...especially when she would be leaving the man that she loved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:06 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded. "THen I shall wait." She said as she spoted a house. "Darius, it is as you said." she said motioning to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:17 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Darius nodded and gave her a small smile when she said that she would wait to reveal who she was.
"Yes," he said simply to her comment at it being as he said. He had seen numerous villages before and most tended to have a similar layout. "Come, we may as well see if we can find aid here," he remarked before they started to head toward the house.
Deciding to take a brief pause from her gardening, Calista stood and straightened before drawing water from a well and rinsing the dirt from her hands. Wiping away the perspiration from her forehead, she sighed heavily as she stared out in the direction of the village. Seeing a traveling pair making their way toward their home, a slight frown passed over her face for a fraction of a second as she realized they were strangers. Making her way to way to them, she gave them in a gentle smile. "Greetings, travelers," she replied in a cordial manner. "What brings you to our humble community?"

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 5th, 2011, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:24 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina bowed her head, realising by the womans quality of clothing she was daughter of the head. "We are but passing through and wish to have some aid before we moved on." She relealved, hoping she didn't sound too much like a noble. "My companion had said it woul be best to speak the the Headmaster of this village."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:34 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Nodding her head, Calista gave the pair another brief smile. "My father is within if you wish to speak with him," she said softly. "Though I must be frank with you, it has been years since he has welcomed strangers to this village," she remarked softly. "Which is a mighty shame," she added with a rueful smile. Nodding at the blonde woman's words, Darius then turned to Rosalina. "Let me talk to the headmaster," he told her softly as Calista studied them a bit curiously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:38 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded and kissed Darius on the cheek. "If what she says is true, then be careful." She looked at him and then watched him go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:45 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Giving her a soft smile, Darius nodded at Rosalina and then turned to walk into the house. Turning to watch Darius as he walked into the house, Calista then turned her attention back on Rosalina. She could tell that the two had feelings for each other. She did not know how she it, but she just knew. Giving the brunette woman a somewhat sad smile she sighed softly before speaking. "I would offer you sanctuary of some sort if I could, but regrettably I am in no position to pledge any aid," she remarked apologetically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 12:49 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina shook her head. "No need to be sorry. We wish to continue onward to where we can be free." She gave a sad smile. "Free of obligations, and freedom from those who would harm." She said, the talk she had with Darius rose in her mind, but it no longer plagued her as it once had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 1:00 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"A good wish," Calista remarked softly. "One that I am sure many long for," she added with a sad smile of her own. "I wish I could be free," she murmured to herself. But in truth, she couldn't. She was bound to her father's will and had to obey him, no matter how hard her heart rebelled at the thought of marrying another.
Standing on a hillside overlooking the village of Andestea, a cruel smirk spread over Drake's lips. The idiot of a Headmaster sent his most formidable defender out on some mission, leaving the town ripe of the taking and pillaging. The air around him crackled slightly with dark energy as he licked his lips in anticipation of the attack. Pushing back a strand of dark hair, his clear blue eyes glowed with a maniacal glee. This time they would spare no one. They would take the women, kill the men and children and raze the village to the ground to serve as a warning to all other towns that dared to stand against them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 1:06 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded, and looked towards her home. "My father wished something of me. I tried to agree for so long, but it was tearing me apart, so I left in the night. Darius came with me, knowing the pain I was in."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 1:15 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Calista gave Rosalina a sympathetic smile and nodded. "I don't know if I have the courage to run," she said softly. "Not when I know that what my father wants of me will be beneficial to our village," she added softly. Her smile widened when Rosalina remarked that Darius came with her, assuming that was the man she was just with. "He loves you," Calista said softly. "As I sense that you love him," she added quietly.
Turning from his position, Drake headed back to the bandit camp. Strolling through the ranks of grubby men, his black cape billowing behind him, the dark mage just looked them all in the eyes. "Prepare yourself brothers! Our time has come. The hour that we have long awaited is finally at hand. Their village is defenseless and ripe for the taking!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 1:20 am 
Maia
Maia

"Perhaps as siblings. He has been my protecter since I was but a child. He even killed a lion who attacked me once." Rosalina said. "I doudt the love could be anything more then that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 1:29 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Do not underestimate love. It works in mysterious ways, and can develop overtime to something...more," Calista said quietly. She knew first hand that her love for Gareth had changed from one of childhood affection to that of a soul mate---one whom she would willingly lay down her life to protect and care for.
Walking brusquely through the ranks, Drake was on the hunt for one bandit in particular---the one he trusted above all else. "Russell?" he called, his deep voice echoing throughout the camp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 1:36 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell, he was a tall and muscular man. One may think him stupid, but he was smater then he made people think. "Yes boss." he said as he came forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 2:07 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Giving Rosalina a soft smile, Calista said nothing more as they waited for Darius to return.
Giving him a small smirk, Drake merely nodded. "You ready?" he asked him. "And are the men prepared?" he questioned next. "That pesky mage is away, leaving the village vulnerable to our strike. And this time we will kill all the men and take the women," he added, his lips twisting in a cruel smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 2:18 am 
Maia
Maia

"The men wait with vigor sir, as do I. And to take the women would be the pearl of the mission." Russell said.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 165  Next