Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 165  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:00 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Calista's lashes ceased to flutter and she became limp once more as Russell struck a hard blow to her head, instantly knocking her out cold.
------------------------------------------------------------
Bursting into the room, Darius felt his heart sink as he saw Rosalina with the dagger in her hand, her wrist bloody. Morphing into his human form he rushed to her and grabbed the dagger from her hand and tossed it aside. "Ro, what are you doing?" he asked her softlt, tears in his eyes as grabbed her wrist to stifle the blood.
Breaking down the door with a magical blast, Gareth growled in anger as he saw Russell beating Calista, though the woman was already lifeless. “Unhand her this instant!” he commanded, his eyes narrowing as they darkened with fury. As he glanced down at the woman who lay passed out cold on the bed, he felt his heart ache at the wounds that covered her body. Her face was cut and badly bruised, her dress was torn to shreds and dark bruises covered the trunk of her body and her legs. Just by looking at her, he knew that Russell had not only beat her but brutally ravished her. “By all that is holy, I swear that I will show you no mercy for all that you have done to her,” Gareth thundered, his rage bubbling from the deepest recesses of his heart and poured from every fiber of his being as a ball of fire appeared in his hand.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 6th, 2011, 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:17 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina stiffened, not realising who stopped her, she thought it was the man from before. "Please, let me die, please kill me." She said, her voice tiny and lifeless. "let me die . . . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell growled and took out a dagger and put the tip to the womans throat, make a move and I kill her." He warned, putting on more pressure. "Now slowly, leave the room."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:29 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Ro, it's me" Darius whispered to her, still keeping his hand on her wrist. "I love you and could never hurt you or kill you," he whispered to her.
-----------------------------------------------------------
His face paling slightly, Gareth glanced at the sharp blade pressed tightly at his love's throat. He could not risk her death but at the same time he knew that if he did not free her soon she would soon be dead. She did not have the strength to withstand another beating or ravishing. "Kill her and Heaven itself could not save you from my wrath," Gareth snarled, hate filling eyes.
Making her way outside, Analiese peeked in a window to see Russell holding a dagger to the unconscious woman's throat. Placing an arrow in her bow, she drew back the string and took aim, ready to pierce the man with an arrow if he made another move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:41 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina lifted her dead eyes to him. "Darius?" she said in the same voice. Suddenly she started to struggle free, crying out. Why did he stop her, he knew her pain. "Please, let me go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell moved the dagger so it was alone her throat. "Leave, or I WILL kill her." he said making a tiny cut on her neck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 12:53 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Holding her wrist firmly, Darius refused to let her go. "I'm sorry, Ro. I can't. I know it may be selfish of me, but I can't let you go. You are the only woman I have loved in this world. I can't lose you," he told her softly, sorrow in his blue eyes.
"NO, DON'T!" Gareth shouted in spite of himself, fear shining in his eyes as Russell moved the dagger along her throat and made a tiny cut on her neck. The woman had been hurt enough, he didn't want her to be hurt any more.
Gritting her teeth as she heard Gareth call it, Analiese did not hesitate another moment. Releasing the string, she released the arrow into the window and into Russell's shoulder blades in the hopes of getting him to drop the dagger to give Gareth a clear shot to attack him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:03 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina looked at darius. "Please, I want to be free." she whimpered. "I want to be free from the pain." She said before collapsing down in sobs. "Why can't I be free? Why can't I die and escape." she fell to her knees, sobbing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell cried out, dropping the dagger. He stood and attempted to pull the arrow out while trying to see where it had come from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:10 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Pain will pass, dearest Ro. And I know it is not right that you should have to endure so much, but we can get through everything together. This isn't the end," he said softly as he pulled her close and rubbed her back gently with one hand while still holding on to her wrist with the other.
Seeing the dagger fall from Russell's hands, Gareth said a silent prayer of thanks, grateful to the heavens for sending Analiese along with him. Without wasting another second, Gareth hit Russell with a powerful magic blast, intent keeping him away from Calista forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:18 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina kept crying. "Darius . . . " she whimpered. "don't leave me . . ."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russell let out a howl like scream as he disintigrated from his abdomon out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:27 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"I won't ever leave you, my dearest Ro, more beautiful than all this world has to offer. I love you. No matter what happens, I will always love you," he told her softly.
As Russell disintegrated, Gareth raced over to the bed Calista lay upon. Unclasping his cape, he gently wrapped the woman in it before lovingly lifting her up into his arms. Seeing the wounds up close made his heart ache all over again. Cradling her close, he leaned forward and gently pressed a kiss to her forehead before kissing her closed eyelids. "My dear Calista, I am so sorry," he whispered to the lifeless woman in his arms. "Wake up, sweet maiden," he whispered to her. "Let me see those stunning blue eyes of yours," he whispered to her before kissing her lightly on the lips, although she still remained limp in his arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:32 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded. "I want to leave, can we go now." she asked like a child, the words Darius had spoken not having sunken in yet. "Please, can we go."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:44 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Yes, anything you want, dearest," Darius whispered as he gently swept her into his arms. "You will need some time to heal. The Headmaster agreed to let us stay for a little while before the attack. I will make sure he honors his word now," he told her softly.
After brushing a strand of blonde hair from her bruised face, Gareth gently wiped some of the dry, crusted blood away from her lips, his anger at Russell rekindled once more as he saw her bruised and cut forehead and the small cut on her neck left by Russell's dagger. "Come back to me, Rose" Gareth whispered as he laid a hand on her forehead and chanted a healing spell. He was not the best at the healing arts, but he hoped that this spell would at least be enough to save her.
Some moments later Analiese ran into the room, her raven hair flying in her face and her blue eyes filled with worry. "How does she?" she asked Gareth gently.
Sighing sadly Gareth slowly shook his head, tears in his eyes. "She has not yet stirred," he whispered brokenly. "I've failed her," he added softly. "And I never told her I loved her. She never knew how I felt for her and now it's too late."
"You're wrong, Gareth. I think she knew how you felt about her. Deep in her heart, I think she knew." Analiese remarked gently as she stared down at the woman in Gareth's arms.

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on January 5th, 2011, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 1:51 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded, she closed her eyes. "The blonde woman, she was taked two. She said she wouldn't give up, she wouldn't give in. I told her not to bother trying." rosalina spoke, drained. "Is she ok, she was promised the same treatment as me." Rosalina said, she worried. "And there was a woman in the village, did she get away?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 2:29 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Feeling his heart melt at Rosalina's concern for others, Darius just kissed her lightly on the lips. "I am not sure, Ro. I will find out as soon as I can. But first I need to get you to safety," he whispered to her. She was such an unselfish woman and the best that he ever knew. She was indeed a treasure, worth far more than all the gold of the world. A woman that in his mind was perfection itself. "As for the other woman, I---I did see the body of a woman here, I am not sure if that she whom you speak of," he whispered softly.
Moaning softly as she started to come to, Calista turned her head weakly to the side, as spurts of pain flashed from her head and body. Feeling herself in the arms of a man, she was still too groggy to recognize the gentle embrace and she panicked, thinking that whomever had her was going to ravish her again. “No, please don’t hurt me…” she whispered weakly without opening her eyes.
“Gentle Rose, it’s me,” Gareth whispered as he leaned over and kissed her lips lightly once more.
“Gareth?” Calista whispered weakly as her lashes began to flutter and she finally forced her eyes open. “Is it really you?” she asked as his blurred image slowly came into focus and she tentatively reached out to caress his face gently as if needing to reassure herself that he was truly there.
“Yes, it's me, dearest Rose,” Gareth whispered, tears filling his eyes as he watched her struggle to speak. Taking her hand in his, he gently pressed a kissed to her palm, as he gazed lovingly down into her glazed blue eyes.
“Gareth…” she whispered. “There was a brunette woman who was seeking aid from my father that was taken with me…” her words slurring together as her eyes opened and closed rather quickly, the beatings she endured making her fade in and out. “Please…make sure…” she struggled to say.
“I will make sure she is okay,” Gareth told her quickly, knowing what she was asking of him. She was always such a compassionate soul and despite the beatings she endured she always seemed to be more concerned for others. He would never forget how special she truly was. She was a rare treasure---more precious than all the gifts the world had to offer, a woman that he felt had no equal.
"How about Damon--a boy---I met..." she whispered.
"He's alive and well at your father's. Just relax and save your strength," Gareth whispered to her, worried she would overtax her strength and injure herself far worse.
“Others were taken too…” she managed to croak out.
“I’ll check on them, “ Analiese interrupted, concern in her voice as she glanced at the pair, sensing they needed to be alone.
“Analiese, thank you.” Gareth told her softly, gratitude written on his face.
Nodding, Analiese gave him a soft smile. “I owed you a debt of honor,” she said softly.
“Consider it more than repaid,” he replied with a gentle smile.
“Tend to your lady,” she remarked in acknowledgement before leaving the pair alone as Gareth turned his attention back to Calista once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 3:24 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded and close her eyes. She was tired and sore. And as she fell asleep, she spoke words she hadn't realised she was feeling yet. "I love you Dary." she murmered. "More then life." her voice was soft as she fell completly asleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 3:38 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"I love you too, Ro" Darius whispered to Rosalina before the woman fell asleep. Making sure to keep his walk gentle, Darius quietly walked down the halls of the bandit house.
“I-I’m sorry, Gareth,” Calista whispered, tears filling her glazed blue eyes. “He-he had me,” she whispered as her lashes fluttered and her eyes closed for a brief moment before she managed to force them open again. “I-I tried…” she managed to croak out before her voice trailed off once more
“Shhh, dearest,” Gareth whispered to her as he placed his finger to her lips. “It’s all right. Just save your strength. I’m here and nothing will harm you again.”
Calista felt her eyes tear at his words. He was the best and most handsome man she ever knew. How could he be so gentle to her after everything that happened? After she allowed another man to take her as she did?
“I don’t deserve any kindness…” she whispered. “I deserve only death…” she added weakly as her eyes began to roll and her lashes fluttered rapidly as her strength gave out.
“That’s not true!” Gareth whispered urgently, sensing he was losing her. “You deserve all the love in the world. I love you,” he whispered to her, needing her to hear him say those words.
Dimly aware of his words through a veil of fog in her cloudy mind, Calista gave him a weak smile. “Gareth I love….you…” she managed to whisper before her blue eyes rolled up and her lashes fluttered once more before closing. A second later her head fell back over his arm and her body went completely limp as she fainted away in his embrace.
“Calista!” Gareth shouted as her body slackened in his arms and he shook her gently without getting a response. “Hold on, love” he whispered to her as he tried his healing chant again to stabilize her. After a few moments, he shifted her slightly so her head was resting against his chest and one of her arms was around his neck. Getting to his feet gently, he wrapped one arm around her body and his other hand under her legs as he tenderly carried her from the room with his cape still carefully wrapped around her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 6:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

rosalina whimpered in her sleep, frowning as she did. She didn't have horrible nightmares, not yet at least. But she would, given time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 165  Next