Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Girl Talk [Private RP]
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 2:49 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

A Medieval Fantasy RP
Created by Misa and Elen

[font=Monotype Corsiva, monospace]I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair
[/font]

Throughout the vast lands of Mistina, many young girls dream of being a noble woman. Yet, nobility has lost its luster two daughters of a minor lord. The elder (Calista) is forced by her father into an arranged marriage with a man twice her age who rules his household with an iron fist. Despite the endless days of violent beatings and nights of brutal and undesired passion play, Calista remains silent on her troubles, doing her best to hide what bruises and marks are left on her fair skin, knowing that the marriage to a mightier lord brings status to the family. Her younger sister (Rosalina) manages for a time to avoid such sorrows until their father unexpectedly passes away and she arrives to live with her elder sister...

List of Characters:
Calista
Rosalina
Gareth
Darius

Last edited by Lady Elenriel on March 18th, 2011, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 6:01 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Sitting near a window overlooking the verdant hills and meadows beyond, a tear made its way from Calista's blue eyes as she worked on mending her husband's torn tunic. Ever since her younger sister came to live with them after the passing of their father, her lord's beatings upon her grew worse and his passion play all the more violent. She wished he would just end her miserable existence but he would always stop his attacks short of killing her. After a month of his torment, the young blonde woman had learned to suffer in silence, to bite her tongue when she wanted to scream in agony and learned to weep only when she was alone. The servants of the manor pitied her, but none dared to come to her defense and suffer the master's wrath. Now with Rosalina in the household, the only thing that Calista had to live for was to shield her younger sister from the scorn of her husband. She knew that her lord was displeased by the younger woman's presence and considered her a liability and a drain on their resources. Hence, Calista started to ration her own meals in a feeble attempt to pacify her husband's wrath while trying to be sure that her younger sister was well cared for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 6:18 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina wandered to her sisters rooms. She had been yelled at once again, and slapped, by her brother in law. she had her noon meal, which she was eating late, and ate it out on the grass in the sun. She saw some of the servent children and shared her lunch with them. Unforunatly he had seen and when she went back in he unleashed his wrath on her. Sighing she entered the room her sister sat in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 6:58 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Turning as she heard a soft rustling at the entrance to the room, Calista gave her younger sister a wan smile after she had blinked away a stray tear. Today she ate a small breakfast and decided to forgo the noonday meal in the hope of pacifying the wrath of Julius, her husband. From the moment that dawn crept over the slumbering earth, the day had been nothing but trouble for Calista. Her liege lord had been furious that she had forgotten to mend one of his tunics and had beat her back and shoulders with a hard wooden pole before he kicked the woman in the ribs as she knelt at his feet. To make matters worse, she had intervened on the behalf of a little serving girl when she accidentally spilled a bucket of water and ended up taking the child's beating as well as another for her perceived impudence. Throughout the beatings, Calista bit her lip until it bled, but did not scream or cry, knowing that it would only cause more blows to rain down upon her. Her maids offered to tend to her bruised body once the master left but she had refused all assistance, not wanting to waste any herbs upon herself when others could use it after suffering from her husband's wrath. Now as Rosalina stepped into the room, Calista set down her mending and frowned as she saw the red imprint of a hand on her sister's cheek. Rising a bit painfully from her chair, she walked over to a drawer and pulled out some healing herbs she had collected the day before. "The juice from these berries should help heal your wound faster and ease some of the pain," Calista said softly as she squeezed some of the juice on to her finger and gently rubbed it over the red hand mark. "I am sorry about Julius, little sister. You shouldn't have to suffer his wrath. I will do what I can to try and pacify him."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 7:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina shook her head. "You need the herbs more then me." She told her sister, she hesitated. "He caught me sharing my noon meal with some of the servant children." she confessed. "They looked so hungrey."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 7:19 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Calista shook her head, refusing to use any of the herbs if she could help it. "I will be all right, Ro. It is you and our servants that have my concern," she whispered. Hearing Rosalina's words, Calista could not help but heave a sad sigh and winced as a pain shot up from her ribs. "Julius is not feeding them?" Calista remarked horrified. "And the servants dare not protest..." she said with a shake of her head. "Then I will prepare a meal and give it them," she remarked. "If Julius wishes to beat me for it later, so be it. I care not if he wants to forbids me from eating for a week. I will not see others starve while we have enough." Giving her younger sister a weak smile then, Calista merely shook her head sadly. "I always wanted you to have better, Ro--not to see you trapped here with me. What you did today was a deed well done, but please, please be careful. I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 7:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded with a sad smile before hugging her sister. She held her close, but loose enough she would not hurt her. "Cali, you don't deserve the man. I wish we could just run away."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 10:02 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Returning Rosalina's hug just as gently, Calista gave her younger sister a gentle smile. "I wish I could leave too, but I cannot. He is my husband. I am bound to him whether I will it or not. To leave now would bring such shame to our family and I cannot dishonor father's memory so," she said softly. "I just wish you could have been spared living in this torment. You deserve to live with a man who would love and cherish you, not trapped her with me and be forced to live with a tyrant as your lord," she whispered. Sighing sadly she just shook her head again. "It would be best if I prepare a meal for the servants and their children now. Perhaps if the lady of the home robs her own supplies the offense will not seem so rank to heaven."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 10:05 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina sighed. "Let me help you Cali, your in pain, I can tell, and i won't let you push your self beyond what you can." she said taking her sisters arm in hers. As she did, Rosalina sighed, Calista always looked out for her, but she would do so to the point of going to far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 10:36 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Ro if Julius finds out what I am doing, there will be serious consequences. I cannot risk your safety. I know you want to help for you have always had such a caring heart but I cannot put you in danger. Mother and father would never be able to rest in peace if I knowingly put you in harm's way," Calista added softly as Rosalina gently took her arm. She couldn't let anything happen to her younger sister. Not only was it her duty to look to her welfare, but she loved Rosalina dearly and it hurt to know that she could not protect her from her husband's volatile rage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 11:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina shook her head. "Cali, sister, if you push your self to far you will become ill and your asthma will inflate. What kind of sister would I be if i let that happen. Please, let me take care of you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 11:31 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Sighing softly, Calista wanted to protest but was already too worn and in too much pain to argue any more. "Thank you, Ro, my dearest sister," she said softly instead. "Let me get the supplies though. If suspicion should come, I do not want you in the direct path of my husband's wrath," she remarked gently. "And don't worry about taking care of me, Ro. I just want you to be happy and healthy. It would be terrible if you fell ill as well," Calista remarked with a small smile. She could not think about the irony of the situation. She was well trained in herbal lore and knew a number of potions, brews and pastes that could heal a wide range of wounds and illnesses, yet she could easily fall ill---which may have resulted in part from her terrible habit of wanting to care for others rather than herself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2011, 11:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina nodded and followed her sister, incase her sister collapsed. Frowning, she thought of her brother in law. She hated the man for all he did. More so when it came to her sister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:03 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Walking a bit unsteadily, Calista missed the days when she could run about carefree. Julius had ended her once lithe and graceful moments when he broke her leg in a fit of rage. Now her gait felt a bit awkward and while the limp was not very noticeable it left her feeling like a cripple. Once she arrived at their storage room Calista had to pause to catch her breath as she just leaned against the wall for support. Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she placed her hand over her chest and panted heavily, simply needing to rest for a few minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:20 am 
Maia
Maia

Rosalina frowned when she saw her sister stop. "Cali, sit, tell me where to go, and what to get." she urged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:33 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

After opening her eyes, Calista turned to face Rosalina. "I will be fine, Ro. Please don't worry," she added softly as she moved from the wall and walked with some difficulty to the storage room. Once there, she unlocked it and gathered some vegetables and fruits in one basket with a handle, placed some fish and other meats in another large basket and placed some bread in a third basket with a handle. Balancing the bread and fruit basket around her arms, she struggled to carry the meat basket out of the storage room.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 102  Next