Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: this planet's ours to defend~
PostPosted: June 10th, 2011, 8:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

(hey.. im still up for this, RL stuff has been keeping me busy. Will make my initial post very soon :) )

PostPosted: June 10th, 2011, 9:46 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Thanks! I'll post my bio right away. :))

(Note: Names and ages in parenthesis are the Jarkava language.)

Full Name: Fred MacAvery (Fer'All)

Nickname: Freddie (Ferrie)

Parents: Ja'All and Yy-Vaa'All (James MacAvery and Vivian MacAvery)

Siblings: Connor MacAvery (Cer'All, only 2 years old)

Race: The Jarks

Date of Birth: September 20th, 1997 (Knova'Math 20th, 2061)

Appearance: Short for his age, red hair and brown eyes.

Abilities: Knows many languages. Can read minds and predict the weather.

Weapons: None

Personality: Small for his age, and is teased for that. Quick and eager to trust people. Very energetic, and loves to play tricks on other people.

History: Fred was born on Planet J'Kava in the year 2061. His parents were eager for him to become a smart Jark, and not a farmer as so many had done. He's fascinated by foreign technology and once, when he was five years old (21 in Jarkava), he stole a ship and almost left to go to Earth when his parents stopped him. He goes to the University of High Minds (Kellbas'high fo Lenread Spoos) and currently takes Computer Building, Jarkava, Earth Studies and Alienatic (Foreign) Weaponry. Thus he learned about the Empire and the situation of the Earth. His classmates scorned the Earth, but he felt like he had to help the people. He wanted to. And this is where he comes into play. . . .

Freddie was enduring yet another day of endless tormenting by his fellow Jarks. He furiously wished he was taller, like the heroes of old in Jarkavan legends. All they had to do was smash their enemies into a pulp. But he couldn't do that in school. He would get suspended, or worse: expelled. And he had to stay here, for his family's sake. They wanted him to become a great scholar or something like that. He didn't really know what he wanted to do yet, besides surviving another school day. Then a thought occurred to him. . .he could steal a ship! He could steal a ship and go to Earth, where no one would ever find him, and he would be doing a good deed (a karvall, in his language) in the process by helping the people of Earth! If could at least find a ship first. . . .

Freddie hunched up his shoulders, ignoring the bullies' taunts and jeers, and ran out through the main doors of the school to the Ship Storage. He requested a small pod (big enough for one person only) and took a deep breath. He had never done this kind of thing before, always being the studious student. Never thinking of anything else. But this time was different. Ky'lle, the biggest and meanest Jark in the school (possibly in all of J'Kava) had gone so far as to call the Humans Hagas (worst insult in the Jarkava language). Freddie had composed a mental argument between him and Ky'lle. But it was useless, because only Freddie could hear Ky'lle's thoughts. And predict the stupid weather, but that didn't really matter. The Janitor Jark directed him to the pod and he climbed inside. He gripped the controls and took another deep breath to steady himself. Sooner or later the Janitor Jark would tell the Headmaster that he had gone, so it was time to get a move on. Thrusting the atom accelerator forward, Freddie MacAvery, otherwise known as Fer'All, was off through space on his way to Planet Earth, millions of light-years away in the Milky Way (Gajj Nob) galaxy.

Think of the worst thing that could happen: 1, Freddie could be killed. 2, his ship could crash which is very unpleasant for both the ship and it's occupant.

Good news: Freddie didn't die. Bad news: his ship crashed in a forest-type place (a Darfa). Freddie was knocked unconscious by the force, and his ship crumpled like a tin can. So much for saving the people of Earth: he wasn't sure if he could save himself.

But the humans could. . . .

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 2:45 am 
Elf
Elf

[Mybad. I've had exams since halfway through May and have had no time to spare in between them... sorry for the unexplained absence. I'll be posting shortly.
@ Enno: Sorry for taking so long D: Where would you like our lovely bad guys to start off? :D

ETA: Johanna and Leon have arrived. :cool:]

Patiently and carefully, Johanna lowered the soldering iron onto the circuit board, biting her lip ever so slightly, a frown creasing her brow and making her look just a little too sombre. As the iron made contact with the surface of the circuit board, a shallow breath escaped her and she lowered the solder to the hot point, noting how the metal quickly melted into globules and flowed into place. Removing the iron slowly and carefully, replacing it purposefully on the stand without looking - she'd been here for three years, she'd know if you went in and moved so much as a paperclip - and blew gently across the board to cool the metal that bit faster. Sat on her haunches like this, she was steady, steadier than she was on her feet; besides, she was working, which was when she was happiest. Concentration meant that she could forget the world around her and pay attention to the only thing that she knew she could truly depend upon: the cool, rational pattern of thinking she used when working. That wouldn't fail her. Not like the people who'd sworn to protect her and the rest of the Warriors, not like those who'd decided the sacrifice was too great to even consider fighting. It scared her to think that there were such superfluous people surrounding her, even now... it amazed her that some of these people could sleep at night, when any second one of them could turn their backs upon everything they believed simply to live the Empire's life of impressive luxury.

Back in her old life, her tinkering had annoyed her father and siblings, but they hadn't had to make do for long. The Empire's invasion had soon put pay to that. The programs and electronics she wrote and built had littered the house they shared, some actually functioning, others there simply because she liked to be reminded of the work she did and how well it fitted in with their lives. If something electronic was broken, she'd fix it, and quickly; theirs was the most hi-tech, home-built system for some distance - she didn't know the exact figure, but she knew it was a long way - and the ones that outranked hers were scientific stations monitoring everything from cosmic radiation to the movement of the Earth's tectonic plates. That had made her proud.

The Empire had soon put pay to that, too.

Someone crashed into the make-shift laboratory then, slamming the door open with an almighty force. Scared senseless, Johanna wobbled on her feet, attempting to both right her balance and stand upright at the same time, resulting in her crashing into the desk and knocking several objects flying - thankfully missing the soldering iron - and only just managing to keep from colliding with the floor. With such a nervous temperament as hers, it wasn't a good idea for anyone to sneak up on Johanna, simply because she was liable to knock something and make it explode. Despite her quiet nature she wasn't unintelligent; it was commonplace for her to be using dangerous materials to build something that might have been of use to the Warriors. She had no desire to see her chosen ‘side’ be defeated, and so she worked here - on the sidelines, where it was marginally safer - so that she could help fight the best way she knew: through the mechanisms she built. Stood behind those, she was untouchable. That kind of security was nigh impossible to buy.

The man who'd barged into her lab was familiar; he was assigned to her ‘security’, if you will, which meant he was there to ensure that nothing she built from the scrap parts that were brought here was a security risk. It wasn't so that they distrusted her, so much as the fact that they had no idea what they were bringing back for here. Those who scouted the region were trained in combat, not in the subtle arts of the sciences. They were about as cut out for her work as she was for theirs. This guy, someone she'd known for quite a while - she'd met him just after the invasion; out of all the people she worked and fought with, he was the one she trusted the most. A constant among the variables that came and went, as it were; however, usually as he came and went, he had more tact than to frighten her half to death as he made his presence known. Usually, if she spoke to him at all - for these days, she kept to herself and, when in company, she felt that holding her tongue served her better than voicing her every opinion - she'd call him Leon, because she was moderately sure that it was close to the given name he'd had before the Empire's arrival before he, like everyone else, had changed it to something a little more innocuous, so he couldn't be traced. Instead of inventing something completely anew, Johanna had taken her second name, figuring that if they tried to find her via her second name using all the databases in the world, they'd have a headache just comprehending the list of people they'd have to sift through.

“Jo! You're needed elsewhere. Drop everything.” His tone was sharp and left no room for argument, but that didn't stop the wide-eyed stare she fixed him with. Raising both hands in a kind of ‘I surrender’ gesture, he took a step forward and extended a comforting hand.

“Hey, you know I wouldn't have crashed the party like this if it wasn't important.”

Brushing Leon's hand away impatiently and abruptly refusing to meet his eyes, Johanna wrapped her arms around herself. “I'm fine. You just scared me half to death...” she managed to mumble coherently, watching a few blinking LEDs across the room.

“Hey, Jo, I need you in the here and now. Thing is, they've called a meeting. Now, while the Empire's celebrating its latest victory,” his grimace summed up her feelings better than words could have. “I want another pair of ears and eyes in the crowd, and everyone else is off on surveillance. Think you can deal?”

Nodding absently, Johanna mused on the possibility of being able to remain out of sight for this meeting. Any time the Warriors gathered together was a big deal simply because it was something they rarely got the opportunity to do - and if they were going to, eventually, defeat their adversaries, communication between the relevant factions of their society would be vital.

“I'm coming,” she murmured, finally raising her gaze to meet his with a resigned expression and a curious light dancing in her eyes. Quiet though she was, the idea of seeing others who might share similar experiences to her was intruiging. For three years she'd locked herself in a room and refused to do anything other than her work; Leon had broken through her bubble and reached out to her, shown her that there might possibly be something left in the world for her other than that she saw every day. For a while now she'd been trying to muster the courage to tell him how much he reminded her of her elder brothers - her closest companions when she'd been growing up. He looked out for her, and in return she did him the occasional favour like this and, of course, provided him with various bits and pieces of tech he might be able to use in the field.

Quietly, as Leon left the room in something of a hurry, she let one final sentence pass her lips before she resumed her customary silence and left the room, hands intertwined with an expression of apprehension adorning her face.

“Wouldn't miss it for the world...”

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 12:38 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[I'll get a proper reply up soon, just saying sorry for the wait, awesome starts, don't worry about not posting etc etc :)
@ darky, I figured that. I hope they went well :) just wherever you want really :P well, they'll be a meeting *just* starting in the morning for new orders/discussions/general celebrations of the higher Empire people which I think Rhea would be at. Also, fringe = <3

Very little Empire post, Cleo/Julius coming soon.]

Laughter echoed around the empty metal hallway for the briefest of moments before the door clicked closed and the celebrations could no longer be heard. Soft footsteps padded along the floor, heading to the largest door situated at the very end of the corridor. A key was drawn and the door was unlocked before the man the footsteps belonged to ducked his head under the door and entered the room. A large square table took up the majority of the space, with several seats set out, the most extravagant of which was at the head of the table, facing the door. It was gold and red, with an ornately scripted ‘S’ etched into the frame. The man arrived at the seat in the blink of an eye, and watched it for a moment before taking his usual place in the smaller, wooden seat to the right. He had sat in that chair once before, or rather, at the head of the table. The chair had been made specially when Mr. S had taken over, and the previous leader had been gently nudged aside. He wasn’t fit to lead them, and he knew it. Now he was Mr. S’s eyes and ears when he was away. He watched the Warriors, he reported back on the Empire and he spoke the words he had been instructed to speak when his master’s inner circle met. He never spoke for himself, never stated an opinion or helped plan anything anymore. He was simply a way for the Empire’s leader to make himself heard when he could not do it in person. He was also one of the few who had seen the head of the Empire without some sort of hood, or mask. He knew exactly who he was, but he would never speak of it. He would never say. Mr. S trusted him, more than anyone, and he
knew he’d be loyal until the day he died.

“They’ll be arriving soon. I can’t speak long, I need to go. You know what to say and do. You know what they want. I need you to speak to Rhea especially. I have a target for her.” An urgent whisper resonated around the room before silence fell once again.

“Yes, sir.” The Vampire spoke quietly, only answering to his leader. To anyone else, he was simply a puppet. He would repeat words and relay orders, but never speak, never answer a question directed at him. He would remain silent to everyone, no matter what.

Last edited by *Ennostiel* on June 26th, 2011, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 3:05 pm 
Elf
Elf

[w00t! Get the parade gear out, kids! :P
edit: YES. Fringe is wonderful. Wonderful and lovely and epic. :D

@ Legolas: Your bio mentioned your character's parents were murdered by the Empire. I happen to have a character that is a professional murderess. :teehee: Did you have something already in mind for that plot twist or would you like to say that Rhea was given orders to kill Raven's parents? :D]

- - -

Delighted voices permeated the air completely, emanating from all around; to look, never would you have expected that these were the men and women who, on every other day, planned for the demise of humanity. Just then, they looked as any other celebrating culture looked: alive, joyful and glorious. Tables the length of the hall were laid with so much food that they were bending slightly under the sheer weight of it, colours hung from the roof in wondrous shades of every colour in the spectrum and people danced, talked, laughed and toasted their cause as one, unified together, with no sense of division or separation. Men were dressed formally, if a little understated; the women had dressed to kill - some more than others, of course - showing off their extravagant gowns, dresses, headgear. Music rang through the halls, a subtle undertone to the conversations continuing all over the hall.

Tossing her hair and walking, self-assuredly, across the hall, Rhea was the picture of grace and elegance and she was quite aware of that; in fact, she wore it as she would a medal of honour, using a dazzling smile to charm and disarm. Robed in flowing red that tumbled from her shoulders to the floor in a gentle cascade, flying behind her as she moved across the room, she was certainly nothing short of eye-catching. For the event she'd had her hair pinned up firmly to ensure it never once fell across her face, much like the way she did when she was working only then it had been done for effect rather than practicality.

Floating over to one of the many tables in the room and lifting a filled wineglass delicately from the table she swooped away, accentuating her movements ever so slightly, enough that eyes followed her. The attention delighted her but it wasn't what she was paying attention to: as usual, she was scouting the room for possible entrances, exits, cosy corners where one might conceal oneself and people who were potentially hiding weaponry. It wasn't an unusual pastime of hers, it was the routine she sank into whenever she entered a building or room, the routine the Empire taught all of its children: expect an enemy around every corner or die surprised. Rhea had no intention of fulfilling the latter so she paid attention and made sure the knowledgeable people were either under her thumb or had full enough purses that they co-operated.

The one thing that irked her about the night was the presence of a certain contingent of human converts, or so they called themselves. Most of them were corrupt bureaucrats, all of them with too many enemies in the remains of the human population to consider asking for asylum there... she knew at a glance that she wouldn't trust a single one as far as she could throw them.

Swanning over to a well-dressed man overseeing everything from his tall vantage point with a look of detached boredom, she peered up at him from an angle and smiled lazily, holding out the wineglass for him to take. Reaching for it and raising an eyebrow questioningly at the woman.

“Why, Rhea, I didn't think you capable of kindness. It's not poisoned, is it?”

Her laughter radiated from her like warmth from the sun, soft and unforced. “Of course not, Sebastian. I just think you a much more tolerable companion when you're intoxicated. Besides,” she wrinkled her nose, showing clearly her distaste without the emotion overwhelming her features, “I don't drink their alcohol. It's polluted.”

“Ah,” Sebastian looked down at the woman, who hard turned to survey the crowd again, and took his turn to laugh. “and you, my friend, have the pride of a king.”

“Pride is earned,” she answered absently, her voice sweet. “it's the reward for excellence.”

As she spoke she reflected: their leader's pawn, the Vampire, had just exited the room subtly, without explanation. The man had not a will of his own, so she doubted highly that he had left to fulfil a task of his own design. No, far more likely he was off to take orders and put in place another scheme his master had dreamed up. Pride filled her and her face flushed with the thought of their most recent success; another Warrior base, conquered! Oh, the thought. Sebastian appeared to have noted her expression, for he was chuckling to himself and sipping his wine, having decided that she wouldn't poison him without at least having good reason.

Rhea's thoughts still lingered with the Vampire and his task at hand. She knew little of the man and her only contact with him was usually when her new orders were issued: at such times he expressed their master's intentions and her upcoming tasks, he made no comment or remark, no anecdote or threat. She regarded him with perpetual disdain because he had the personality of an earthworm and as he had failed to prove that judgement incorrect, she treated him as such.

“So, Sebastian, which bit of prey do you have your eye on now?” she queried lightly, hoping to catch the man off-guard.

“Now, Rhea, behave. I'm attracting no-where near as much attention as you're drawing to yourself.”

“And that attention is being drawn to you as you're the one I'm talking to,” smiling, Rhea watched the man's expression change from one of humour to one of thoughtful consideration. Day to day he was a public figurehead, busied with the running of the Empire - everything from the regulation of the black market to the assignment of land for agricultural development to the deployment of the Empire's soldiers for attacks on the Warriors like the one that had just occurred was organised by him; he was a well-connected man of power, he had firm air that suggested him to be untouchable. Though he, like everyone else, received his orders second or third hand at least, he remained in the public spotlight so that the Empire might have a face, though his was one of many; his daily running of the Empire kept prying eyes from looking where they might find things that should not concern them.

“I should hire you for public demonstrations,” Sebastian mused to himself more than to his companion, “you certainly know how to work a crowd.”

Feigning modesty Rhea looked away, pleased with herself. The ability to stand out was only a gift if it could be controlled, only a talent if it could be used. Only if it could be balanced by the ability to disappear, to become a shadow in the night... a useful quality for a thief or infiltrator... or even an assassin.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 12:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[ooft, june? oops. here we go again :P]

Cleo frowned and turned, hearing a distant crashing from the forest behind her. Julius watched her carefully, waiting for the question that he knew was coming. Well, it wasn’t exactly a question – Cleo despised asking questions, and she was still stuck in the mindset that she didn’t need to ask anything.
“I think I should see what that was.” Her voice was hesitant as she knew she should really be asking whether he thought they should see what the noise was, rather than stating that she wanted to investigate.
“It’s better to stay here Cleo.” Julius’ voice was assured and calm but Cleo didn’t look convinced. She glanced behind her again and started twisting her pendant in her hand as she did when she was nervous.
Julius sighed, irritated but resigned. “Fine, but I’ll go. You stay.” He knew he shouldn’t, but he also knew Cleo would be wondering for the rest of the day if he didn’t. He wouldn’t let her go alone, and someone had to watch for the other Warriors, so it had to be him. At the start of it all, he would have just overruled her and left it at that, but his arrogance had been worn down by Cleo over the years, and as much as he hated to admit it, he had turned slightly soft when it involved her and her peace of mind.
Cleo smiled and watched Julius until he disappeared into the forest. When she could no longer see him, she turned her gaze back to the smoking horizon, watching for enemies and allies alike.

Julius glanced behind him quickly before smiling for a second and reaching into the side pocket of the bag he was carrying on his back. He brought out a small circular object and stopped, tapping rapidly for a couple of seconds at the centre before pressing in the sides. The object lit up and opened, revealing a small mirror and several silver square buttons with odd markings on them. Julius pressed down on a couple of buttons and released them quickly, switching his fingertips to the mirror. It rippled at his touch and he smirked before closing the object and slipping it back in his bag. As much as he didn’t want to go looking for trouble in the noise Cleo had heard, he was glad of the chance it gave him away from her to do something he had desperately needed to do for the last couple of days. She wouldn’t approve, and though he trusted her with most things, he preferred keeping the strange object, and what it was capable of, hidden from her.
“This way then.” He murmured to himself and changed direction, walking faster now with renewed confidence.

It wasn’t long before smoke filled Julius’ nostrils and he coughed a little, waving it away. He’d gotten used to smoke – the Empire seemed particularly fond of the devastation fires caused – but this was different. It wasn’t from a fire; it was from the crumpled wreck he had found. A ship it looked like, but the Empire wouldn’t crash, they wouldn’t risk sending amateur pilots to spy on the Warriors – he knew that for a fact.
I could just leave it… tell Cleo it was an animal. He thought to himself but quickly discarded that idea. He knew Cleo wouldn’t believe him, and if the ship wasn’t the Empire’s, then where had it come from?
“Hello?” He called out softly, fairly cautiously and stepped forward towards the wreckage. “Anyone still alive in there?” He rolled his eyes as he realised how nervous he sounded and reached out to what looked like a possible door. It had been forced in on itself, but after a struggle Julius fell backwards, the door in his hand.
“Well that’s one way to do it I guess.” He shrugged and laughed, throwing the door down and entering the ship carefully. He put one hand in his right pocket and kept it there, whilst retrieving a battered torch from his left. After hitting it on the wall beside him rather forcefully, it flickered on, illuminating the inside of the ship.
“Hello?” He called again, stronger this time, making his way further in. He reached what looked like a control room and coughed from the thick smoke pouring out from the consoles. He could see what looked like a boy slouched over, unconscious and he rolled his eyes before picking him up and making his way quickly out of the ship, and away from the smoke.
“This better be worth it Cleo.” He muttered to himself, anxious to get back. Putting the boy down, he shook him gently. “You okay? Other than the fact you obviously can not fly, and should definitely not be flying into a warzone.” He scoffed. “So, other than some clear judgement and mental issues, you seem more or less okay.” He sighed heavily and picked the stranger up again, walking quickly back to where he’d left Cleo. He didn’t like leaving her alone for too long.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 6:23 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Full Name: Laura Guin
Code-name: Strav (Stravinsky)
Parents: Unknown, decreased
Affiliation: Warriors (ish)
Race: Human
Magical Ability: Can control people with weak will to do what she wants though her music.
Weapons: Voice, rifel.

Strav had just finished her shift at the club. It was full of the empires soldiers, leering at her. She'd wanted to make them stop looking at her, to make them leave. But that was bad for buissness, and though the manager didn't know she had a magical ability - he knew that when she sang the customers stayed longer and bought more drinks. So if they'd all left - he'd know she'd 'sung badly' in his words.

She was exahusted. She wanted to go to bed. To curl up in a small courner and cry herself to sleep at the pointlessness of this whole war. Two years was all they had left, two years before all of Earth would be killed unless they could do something. All the music and beutey destroyed and thier rich heritage would be frozen. Mozart and the Beatles alike would never be heard again. But could they? There were so few of them left, and the Empire wanted music - and wouldn't the other cultures have thier own music she could learn about?

She shook her head tierdly. She was just tierd. She should stop being stupid, and go to the Warriors meeting. Pulling the hood of her jumper around her face she set off out of the city towards the forest hopeing she wouldn't run into trouble.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 9:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Patch looked up at the forest cautiously from her position halfway in the car.

"Gev, stay."

He nodded vigourously from behind her.

Shouldering the backpack, she made her way up to it's border and spoke.

"Hello?!?!"

She took a step back and looked around, "Hello?!?!?! I'm with the Warriors if you want to know!!! If you're listening!!"

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 6:34 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Hey Patch!"

She called from the gloom; she had finally reached the Forest haveing had walked out of the city - Strav didn't like cars. And besides, to her thinking, anyone driveing OUT of the city tonight looked suspiciouse, when all true children of the Empire should be celebrateing. She had seen Patch drive past earlier but had hidden, she hadn't known if this was a freind or a patrol. Not that she had ever given the Empire any cause to doubt her loyalty, she was in thier opinion she was sure, one of thier own.
And maybe thats becuase you are... Whispered a small voice in her head before she pushed it aside.

"Its me. Stravinsky." She smiled at Patch "Where's Gev?"

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 9:16 am 
Elf
Elf

Freddie dimly heard someone speaking English, but he was just too tired to open his eyes and see who it was. He had thought he saw a human, but that was impossible. His ship had crashed in a Darfa, he knew that. He should have known better! With all the pilot lessons he had taken, he thought he was ready for everything. But he had forgotten one important rule his instructor had told him: expect the unexpected. No matter how good you are, something could always go wrong. Like it had, just now.

But the thoughts! He could hear millions of them, all in a jumble from unprotected minds. And because every Jark protected their minds from prying Jarks (except the really dumb ones, like Ky'lle), he knew he must be on Earth. With the humans. What if he had crashed in the Empire?! What would they do to him, once they found out he wasn't human?! Because that was easy enough, if you knew where to look. All Jarks had slightly yellow skin, luminous eyes and slightly webbed toes. But. . .but would the Empire dissect him?! That thought alone was enough to make Freddie open his eyes in fear and survey his surroundings.

He was moving back and forth, being carried by someone who was walking through the Darfa. Trees crowded the area, and he thought he heard birds cawing in the distance. And faintly, they came to him: what everyone was thinking. the trees were alive, breathing in the carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. They were doing their part to make Earth clean again. And the birds! Far off, they were saying, "Danger! Danger!" as if Freddie didn't have enough to worry about. A wave of minds overwhelmed him: the grass, the trees, the plants, the birds and, last of all, the humans. Two of them were close by, one was right near him, thinking about someone named Cleo.

The loud din was to much for him. He fell back into unconsciousness.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 1:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Anduril Vanlhach wrote:
"Hey Patch!"

She called from the gloom; she had finally reached the Forest haveing had walked out of the city - Strav didn't like cars. And besides, to her thinking, anyone driveing OUT of the city tonight looked suspiciouse, when all true children of the Empire should be celebrateing. She had seen Patch drive past earlier but had hidden, she hadn't known if this was a freind or a patrol. Not that she had ever given the Empire any cause to doubt her loyalty, she was in thier opinion she was sure, one of thier own.
And maybe thats becuase you are... Whispered a small voice in her head before she pushed it aside.

"Its me. Stravinsky." She smiled at Patch "Where's Gev?"

Patch watched her cautiously, "How do you know my name? How did you know I'd be here? Who are you? Where'd you come from?"

She didn't bother waiting for an answer, instead taking off in the direction of the car, "Gev? Start the car!!! GEV!"

Gev looked up from his position in the passenger's seat as he picked up a noise from the general direction that his foster sister had gone. Shifting so he was sitting in the driver's seat, he looked again to see her sprinting down the hill towards him, shouting for him to start the car.

Taking in a shuddering breath, he caught the keys she tossed to him and with shaking hands began to start the car.

"Gev?"

He jumped as the door slammed shut behind his sister.

"Gev? Gev, it's fine, it's me, but there's this stranger. She knows who we are, she knows our names. I take she's been following us in a while, Gev. START THE CAR! We need to go and we need to go NOW!"

It took a moment before Gev's panicked look turned determined as he proceeded to step on the gas pedal, turned around and headed in the opposite direction.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 8:25 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Oh God" Stravinsky sighed. She should have explained herself better. She had been to Patch's garage a few months earlier about have a moter fitted to her bike (a bike that had since been stolen.) And had recognised her - she'd had no idea that Patch was a fellow Warrior.
It was her fault. She breifly considered running after the car and trying to explain the misunderstanding - but decided this was a; impossible and b;would only make things worse if Patch say herself being chased.

Instead she turned back to the forest and proclaimed clearly. "I am Stravinsky of the Warriors, I was recruited by Cleo."
The bushes noiselessly parted and she made her way through to the clearing where the meetings were usually held.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 12:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

It was a while before Patch's foster brother eased up on the pedal and drove the car to a stop.

'Patch.'

'Patch.'

'Patch.'

"Aaatttttttt."

"Huh??"

Patch looked up at her younger brother and he was shocked to see her so shaken, her face ashen with fear for the first time since he met her.

'You alright Patch?'

'Patch?'

'Ru-?'

Her hand landed on his fingers, tightening over the word.

Tears glistened in her eyes as she hissed, "Don't call me that."

Her eyes flickered upwards to the hill behind them and stopped.

He turned abruptly, his eyes finding the girl who was sitting there, looking blankly into the distance and the young man who appeared from the woods behind her, carrying a boy almost as old as he was.

Gev stared, unnoticing as his sister clambered out of the car and hesitantly approached them, getting close enough that they could see her, but far enough that if she needed to run, she would.

"H-hello? Hello?!"

Last bumped by Nienna of Rohan on October 25th, 2011, 12:31 pm.