Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Masks of Darkness
PostPosted: August 20th, 2011, 6:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Janine wanderd through this new town (if its not clear, its the same place the others are in), eyes and ears open. The little information she had gatherd wirlled around her head. She felt her medallian safe aginst her heart, hidden under her dress. She cluched her cloak around her to reasure herself. Finaly, she reached the door she sought, a little two story house in the town square. Gulping, she, knocked. The door was opend by an elderly woman with kind eyes.

"Mrs...Dell?" Janine asked uncertinly.

"Yes?" the woman asked, looking at Jane curiously.

"I'm Janine. Weve never met, but i heard you lived here. I'm your son Stefen's daughter."

Mrs. Dell gasped. "Well, i thought this day would never come." she said in a quavering voice, and glanced around the street hurridly. "Well, come in my dear, come in quickly." Jane was usherd in the house. It was a plain and simple wood dwelling, a regular phesents home. It reminded Jane alot of the apothacary shop at home...only the walls were not coverd with haning dried herbs. With a pang, she had to remind herself that that was not her home anymore.

Mrs. Dell handed Jane some bitter smelling tea in a clay mug. Jane drank, eager to be refreshed. When she set her mug down, Mrs. Dell asked, "Well what is it, what have you been sent here for? I hope you haven't gotten yourself into any trouble." Mrs. Dell crossed her arms.

"Well...no ma'am, not exactly, you see..."

"Amy," Mrs. Dell intruped, "Call me Amy."

"Well you see Amy..." Jane clasped her hands in her lap and looked down at them. "My-my village was destroid. I don't know by what, but i was sent to look for answers. My mother is dead." Jane looked up. Her lip quaverd, but her voice was steady. "So i- came for answers i guess. You are my only family, now."

"Ah." Amy Bell answerd, clasping her own hands. She suddenly rose from her seat and went to look at a picture on the wall. It was drawn with much skill, portraying a middle aged man, and a younger man that could be his double. "Stefen was like his father. Richerd was alwasy getting into trouble. He told me it was trouble that always found him. Anyway, i told him it would be the death of him, and it was." the old woman said curtly.

"I'm sorry." Jane said during the awkard pause. Amy Dell turned around with a jerky motion.

"Anyway, it seems like youve inhearted the family trait of trouble."

"I - i'm sorry.." Jane falterd.

"Oh, no need to fuss about it, child. Drink you tea." Mrs. Dell orderd. Jane swallowed another gulp. Mrs. Dell sat down again. "Anyway, child, what is it you wanted to ask?" she asked gruffly, but not unkidly.

"I'm not sure exactly...there is so much unanswerd, and all i have is vauge questions. I guess i have one...well, my mother gave me this strange medallian, before she died, and..."

"SHHHH!" Mrs. Dell suddenly jumped up, hushing a bewilderd Jane. The old woman stiffly bussled about the house, closing the window curtans, and bolting the door. "Well why didn't you say so in the first place, girl! Don't go about mumbeling about important things like that: my GOODNESS, this is more serious than i thought."

Jane leand forward, eagerly. "What is it?"

"Something VERY serious, -now don't go showing it to me, keep the thing hidden under your shirt, that's a good girl. NEVER let ANY one see that, you understand?"

"But Why? What is it? What's going on?"

"Questions questions, so many questions. Children these days. Can't you give an old lady some peace?!" Mrs. Dell's voice had risen to a shirll tone. Ironicly, Janine tapped the place where her medallian was hidden and placed a finger to her lips, reminded Mrs. Dell that it had been her rule to be quiet. Mrs Dell shut her lips the next second, and mutterd,

"What a little know it all..."

Jane's mind wirrled with questions. It seemed she was getting to something after all. This must be important. "Please, Amy," Jane said gently, "it's important that you tell me what the medallian is about." Amy started to fuss, but Jane plunged on firmly ,"My mother wouldn't have given it to me otherwise: Please, grandmother," the word caught the old woman off gaurd, and Janine could tell it sofend her, "Plese tell me. Before i get into any more trouble."

Amy Dell sighed. "Very well, but it is not pleasent, let me tell you. You'd better get comfortalble." Jane curlled up with her mug of tea and got comfortalbe.

>to be continued<

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 9:08 am 
Elf
Elf

Holly nodded, taking this all in. "What's that?! And that?! And that over there?! And over there?! Mr. Wolfe, where are we?"

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 1:08 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(@Venessiel: Welcome welcome!
@Harthad, I'm going to ask could you please make your posts longer then just one line?)

Wolfe raised an eyebrow. This girl seriously didn't know what half of these things were. Surely being able to read minds she would know much of this stuff, even if she had never seen them herself before. He sighed, starting to become annoyed by it.
"Listen up!" he said to get her attention on him and to get her sto stop asking questions. "The nearest town is that way, find someone there to help you out, shouldn't be too hard. Ask a guard to take you to an orphanage. You helped me out, I got you out and promised to keep you alive. Well, we're out, so this is where we part paths. I have business that I must take care of."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 9:24 am 
Elf
Elf

(Okay! Sorry, Eruraina)

Holly turned to Wolfe and listened attentively. She nodded after each sentence, trying to remember what she had heard from people. A town was a place where many people lived, she knew that. By reading minds, she only got words, not pictures. And most people didn't bother to explain what certain things were, even when she asked them. But it had satisfied the Master, so that had been good. And now. . .and now the Master was dead, so Holly could do anything she wanted! But the problem was that she didn't know what to do. An orphanage? That was one word that was familiar, but for the life of her, she couldn't remember what it was. One person had asked her if where she lived was an orphanage. Holly had answered no, partly because she hadn't known what it was. The last sentence piqued her curiosity. "What kind of business, Mr. Wolfe?"

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW