Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Masks of Darkness
PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 11:46 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Eruraina wrote:
"Gwirithiel Aldalaer of the forest elves," Gwiri replied in kind. "You catch me off guard with your words, Gramsil Strongorge. Long have our people been at odds together. Dwarves and elves hardly ever get along, it is well known. But seeing as how we both share a common problem, it may be just the alliance needed. Now, do you have any idea where we can start? I've already tried the duke, as well as neighboring leaders. But they're all the same. Locked in their estates."

"Ye be tellin' truth. Our folk don't like eachother. No matter, we need to get to the bottom of this problem. I say find a group of strong warrior folk and go investigate the problem," Gramsil replied, running a finger across the handle of his hammer that hung at his waist. He was about to say more when from the corner of his eye, he noticed a man watching them. Not being the subtle type, Gramsil turned fully to the man.
"Do ye have a problem, mister? Or are ye just goin to keep gawkin at us?"

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 11:57 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(DR, there's no reason for you to quote all my posts. We all know who you're replying to :D Just a helpful tip.)

Gwiri frowned.
"That sounds a little drastic, don't you think? Getting a group together to investigate... it sounds alright by itself but also dangerous," she started to say, lowering her head and closing her eyes to think of another idea. That's when she heard Gramsil address another. She looked up suddenly, surprised she had noticed him before. That is how distracted I have been with all this. She thought to herself, and waited for the man's response to the dwarf.

~~~~~~~~

Blackwing gave the smallest hint of a smile on his mostly emotionless face. Getting out of here would be easier than he thought.
I swear by the scars on my back and the pain that caused them, I won't kill you he promised to her, looking her in the eyes as he thought those words...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 10:45 pm 
Maia
Maia

((I am joining , here is my Bio.))

Name: Falene ‘Fal’ Hayward
Race: Elven
Appearance: http://dallasdoeshollywood.com/wp-conte ... aper-1.jpg
Personality: Falene is brave, trusting only after a while, otherwise she is wary. She is stubborn and can have a temper. If you earn her friendship she is loyal.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: Archery with her bow, she also knows how to fight with a dagger and knife for she has one of each with her bow. She has magic but does not use it unless she must.
History: Falene was found in a cave that had collapsed by human hunters. She wore rages and claimed she didn’t remember who she was. They took her in and in time found out she knew how to fight. This was 250 years ago. It isn’t sure if she truly has forgotten, or choses to act like she doesn’t remember because she named herself and it’s not sure if it’s her real name or not. She stayed with the humans for 10 years before leaving and wondering on her own.
Other: 40 years after she left the humans Falene found a cub, a white tiger. It had been caught in a human trap. She freed it and he has stayed with her since. And the tiger is no plain tiger, besides not ageing past its prime; it has wings that are not noticed when folded to the body. http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Prints ... ns_big.jpg

PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 11:48 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Midnight black? No, too clichéd. Forest green? Nah, too bowmen. Aqua blue...now that might work...or ruby red, perhaps? But what matches that? She whispered to herself inside her mind, almost absently, as she picked up each cloak in turn -- it truly was a predictament, not a womanish fashion crisis that was royalty's biggest problem to face.

"Ya know, if you decide to go through 'very blimey cloak you own, we'll never make it out to the city!"

Only one person would dare interrupt her, much less interrupt her thoughts..."Aiden." She said simply, turning around holding the blue and red cloaks in her left and right forearms, respectively, to Aiden leaning inside her doorway, wearing a boyish grin. "I know that you do obviously," she paused to look him up and down for effect, "do not care about your appearance, even in such a matter grave as this, but I am forced to, as you well know. Now, please, which is more neutral?"

Aiden looked down at himself, wearing black pants sooted with ash, with a black sleeveless shirt to match, showing off his tan and muscular built shoulders and arms. "Now Olivia, I know you would much rather talk to yourself than us mere mortals, but you must lighten up, dahling!" With the end of his sentence, his accent grew thick and light-hearted as he put his arm around his twin sister. "Go with the blue; let's get to the city! I need some new iron!"

Olivia failed to stop the smile from surfacing from her lips as she slipped on the cloak and put the rest of them back neatly folded in her chest in front of the end of her bed. She quickly turned on her heel and followed her brother out the door and onto the path that they had travelled so many moons in order to restock their supplies. If only someone could have forewarned the smiling, foolish siblings how the moon was changing phases, and their paths with it, with that fated trip into the city.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 3:55 am 
Maia
Maia

Falene Hayward walked with purpose to the city. Many things have been happening, and she knew that it was rule that the human in charge of the area be responsible. That lead her to seek the Duke out. Beside her a white tiger walked. She turned a corner and saw dwarf stare down a grown man. "Perhaps this way is not best." she suggested to the tiger. "Lets go around before making our way to the Duke."

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 10:11 am 
Elf
Elf

"Okay." Holly whispered. "How are we going to get out of here? Do you have a plan?"

She looked behind her once again to see if the Master was watching. He wasn't. He wasn't anywhere in sight, and not even Holly could find his mind. It was like he had left the whole dungeon. But why?

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 11:42 am 
Maia
Maia

Gannicus surveyed the dwarf with a slight smirk on his face. He had never been one to take a situation seriously. ''Forgive me if i startled you'' he said while moving closer to them both swaying slightly due to how much he had drank. He stopped in front of the dwarf, enough to clearly show the difference in height but not as close to be blatantly hostile. '' Dwarves are known to have ''short'' tempers he smiled putting clear emphasis on the word ''short''. He paused to let the words sink in.
''If you wait for the Duke you will be waiting a long time. He never leaves his mansion and cares nothing of his people'' he said giving the mansion a distasteful look.
'Forgive me, how rude.I am known as Gannicus ''he said simply, addressing them both and with the drink having gotten to him he moved towards the elf, took her hand and kissed it. 'and what might your name be ?'' he said while looking intently at her. ''I mean names of course'' having just remembered that the dwarf was present. He then took a step back and waited for their response with a sly smile on his face.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 12:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

Falene stopped. Did she just hear the man mention the Duke. Going back she approched the trio. "Did I hear you speak of the Duke. I was on my way to seek an audiance myself." She studied the group with intrest as the Tiger came up beside her.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 5:35 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gwiri watched the man a bit warily, unsure of him. To her eyes it was obvious he was a bit tipsy. He just kept talking, not letting her get a word in edgewise. Then next thing she knew, he grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it like a gentleman. She took her hand from the man slowely, feeling a little indignant. The elf princess opened her mouth to say her name, when another walked up.
Gwirithiel turned to find it was one of her own kind, though suited more for wandering, unlike Gwiri who was dressed more for battle. She reguarded her for a moment.
"I have already tried to get a word with the duke, but alas he will see no one and is not to be disturbed. I'm afraid our new friend Gannicus is right," she said with a sigh, and turned back to the man. "I am Princess Gwirithiel Aldalaer of the woodland elves," she said, though it was also to the other elf at the same time...

~~~~~~~~

Wolfe thought for a moment, his eyes staying on the door where the guards and warden had gone.
Tell them that what they're looking for is in the Elenwraith mountain range. Having the information they want, they will take me back to my cell. But before that, I will distract the guards enough, if you can get the key to my shackles and unshackle me, I can take the rest from there, he thought, and in his mind he showed her the hidden blades he had, and taking out the guards and leading her out of the dungeon...

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Falene sighed. "Then it seems my journey to this city was a waste." She admited. "My name is Falene Hayward. I am an elf who has no past and prefers to travel." she told the trio and smiled when the tiger bumped her hand as if reminding her to mention him. "And this." she pet the tigers head. "Is Snowshadow." She smirked. "I couldn't think of a better name at the time, but its far to late to change it now."

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 8:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

Holly nodded. Shouting, so as to be sure the Master heard her, she said, "The place that you're looking for is in the Elenwraith mountain range!!"

No sound was made to show that anyone heard her. "Where do you think they went?" she whispered to Wolfe.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 11:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Ok, Raina)

"Burarrum!" Gramsil grunted at the man's remarks about 'short' tempers of the dwarves. "No need to keep repeatin what has already said abouts this lazy duke!" he grumbled. "But I will not give my name to a tipsy man with a shifty look in 'is eye."
Then Gramsil turned to find another who had overheard and come into his conversation with Gwiri. "Does no one but the dwarves follow the common curtesy of not eavesdroppin and buttin in to others' talks," he grumbled, though it seemed his grumblings went unheard.
"A journey is only made useless if ye let it be! I say we stop wastin our time on lazy dukes and do somethin ourselves!" Gramsil said loudly, making his point by slapping his hand against the flat of the head of the axe hanging at his belt...

PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 1:33 am 

While reaching the city took no time at all, it was still a rather lengthy journey, yet. The pair decided to go take a sip or two of ale before hitting up all the shops scattered about through the town. Olivia lead the way, used to the stares that her and her kin caught, especially throughout such a striving marketplace, alive with bodies, business and leisures both. Olivia went into a tavern that they knew well, entering just in time to watch an interesting exchange: a man bestowing a kiss to the hand of a woman, with a drawf's piercing gaze watching.

"See, chivarly is not as dead as many may claim, Aiden." Olivia said off-handedly as she ordered two mugs of freshly-brewed ale.

"Perhaps...or perhaps that gent is attemping to give the drawf a lesson. Although, I think his biggest challenge will be finding one for the drawf to live out the lessons upon, rather than the instruction itself!" Aiden mused with a smirk, which Olivia promptly smack him across his bare arm with her fingernails in protest.

"Aiden, we are in public; not so brash, please!" She scolded softly. Twins they may be, but the world knew who was born with first, blessed with the brains. She sipped her ale as she raised her eyebrow at her brother, watching as he rubbed his arm, which grew to a slight pink hue.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 1:16 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Erm, Tur... they're not in a tavern. Gannicus was in a tavern, but left it. The group with the two elves, dwarf, and Gannicus is not far from the gate of the estate of the duke... just thought you should know.)

Gwiri reguarded the tiger for just a moment, but it was not a strange sight in this world, and she had other things on her mind. She placed a hand on the dwarf's shoulder to try to calm his temper.
"But as much as courtesies are due, Gramsil is right. I will not sit idle like the Dukes while this great threat lingers. Gramsil suggested a group scout out and discover the cause of this darkness. I, on the other hand, see this as reckless."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wolfe frowned. This was exactly a set back, but it made things interesting.
Doesn't matter, he replied mentally, though there really was no need to do so now that the warden had gone, but he would rather be safe than sorry. You need to unshackle me. Either pic the locks or find the keys.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 1:22 am 
Maia
Maia

Falene nodded. "I agree, to seek out the threat is reckless. That is unless you have an army which you do not have." She thought for a moment. "We could however seek out a ruler who has an army and try to talk with him. The Duke her will not listen, but other rulers might." she suggested.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 9:00 am 
Maia
Maia

''My luck has reached new levels'' Gannicus thought to himself. Two elves, a dwarf and what seemed like a white tiger all in the same place after the same thing.
He watched the elf take her hand back and then name herself. '' Well, no slap there, she must like me'' he quietly laughed to himself.'' I am Gannicus''he said, addressing the new elf.
The dwarf was still glowering at him and this for reasons unknown seemed to amuse him further yet as they were talking about methods to deal with the present threat, he found the dwarf's way the most practical. ''I think, we should do something about it ourselves'' he said slowly slurring his words sightly yet he was still level headed '' the Duke and all other Dukes will be of little help to us. They do not care about what's happening in the outside world as long as they are bellies are filled. It is safe to say they will ignore the problem until it breaches their gates.'' He paused, taking in their reactions. ''Also'' he continued '' i do not believe an army would be able to do much except possibly aggravate the situation further and there is also the practicality of getting an army. It does not seem likely or doable in the near future. '' Gannicus was not one for long winded speeches and he was starting to bore even himself. he decided to finish his words quickly.
'' In summary'' he then turned to the princess and looked her straight in the eyes with a sly smile on his face as he carefully chose his words. '' we will have to act on it....together''

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next