Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A Sense of Foreboding
PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 12:55 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"Well, I expect the way word was passed about, only the trustworthy really know about it," Dante said, almost quiet suddenly with the talk of whether the others were so or not. "Maybe the resistance had certain people in mind selected for this, and so only they know about it? I mean, something like that, I wouldn't pass in rumours and whispers for fear of spies. Plus, there would be more resistance members. They are not this few from what I hear. And if it was an invititation to all resistance, then this place owuld be crowded." He faced the bar, and took another swig of his drink. "As for why mister Niko isn't sitting here, he was in there very place you sit now, but decided to wait by himself. That is until the entertainer knocked over his tankard thanks to a drunk that startled her." As he took another gulp, a woman, hooded and cloaked came up to them. He couldn't help but feel like she was a really good friend, even though he had never met her before, he was sure of it. He felt he could trust her even though everything in his mind pointed against such a thing. There was something in her words, but he couldn't fight it.
"An event that I technically wasn't invited to but am coming to anyway," Dante said a bit sarcastically to her answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Agatha couldn't help but blush at his words of her being a protector and the pat on the back. A blush more out of surprise.
"I don't know about that..." she murmered, but stopped. One never knew what the futur held. And if she learned sword play, who knew. Maybe it could happen.

The attention went back to the three, they seemed to be having a light hearted discussion about something serious, eyes constantly darting around the room. They had to be there for this meeting that Niko spoke of. They were watching for something, waiting. Agatha closed her eyes with a hidden sigh when he spoke again of the blonde woman's beauty. A delicate flower in a pitcher of weeds. That's the picture that came to the entertainer's mind. Because she knew she was nothing close to delicate. Traveling like she did, working in taverns full of roudy folk, she couldn't be. But when he continued, saying Calista wasn't the only one with good looks, Agatha looked up at Niko almost a bit expectantly.
Me of course came his words. She couldn't help but laugh. "Niko the swordsman, renowned for not only his skill but his rugged good looks as well." The story teller couldn't help but say those words. It was the first thing that had come to her mind, and made her heart lighten as well. But his next words caused her cheeks to heat up in a blush. But this was not one of embarrassment or surprise, but a real blush of almost bashfullness. "Surely you jest. No eyes ever fall upon me till I part my lips to tell my tales. And then they don't see me, but the stories I tell. They see the words and scenes to describe and play out for them. But I kind of prefer it that way, because that is why I do what I do. To pass the stories on to ears that have not yet heard them."
She cocked her head to the side at his description of the other man, and came a small smile with a mischevious twinkle in her eyes. "Ah, but what is arrogance other than wearing one's pride on his sleeve? And be careful of such men, for a man with a wounded pride is more dangerous than a cornered lion. My master's words."

~~~~~~~~~
(It it's alright, I'll at least get things started for the meeting... just get things moving just a bit...)

A bar maid brought a tankard up to the hooded man in the corner. He had been watching the tavern intently, watching them all enter. The first was the man who he was planning to have hold the message. There was also the drunken elf, yes. The healer, the two women at their own table, the swordsman, and several others who he knew would come. But there were a few others with the same waiting expression that had not exactly been invited. The thief at the bar, and the entertainer. But the entertainer would be a nice touch, especially after the story she had finished telling. She was on their side. And thief on the other hand, the man wasn't so sure of. Maybe for now he would let him go, but he would warn Thraidh to keep an eye on that one.

As the maid set the tankard down, she tapped it three times with her finger before withdrawing. It was midnight now. And as far as he could tell, most everyone was here. The man caught the keeper's eyes, and gave a barely preceptible nod. And tavern keeper in turn spoke with the other staff. So now the staff was slowely and surely ushering the regulars out the door, getting the passed out drunks out, and also trying to get anyone who was not here for the meeting to leave. Without being obvious and forcefull of course. But once the few people that were the life of the small parties in the tavern had left, it didn't take long for the rest to follow. It became suddenly very quiet in the tavern, and with an atmosphere of waiting tension as well...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 2:19 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Calista remained silent as Dante explained to Agron why Niko was not sitting among them. "I would expect that we are waiting for things to become a bit more quiet," she said finally not getting a chance to say more when a female figure shrouded in a hood came to sit at the table near them. Tensing slightly, Calista felt her apprehension return, and yet her uneasiness vanished as quickly as it came once the woman began to speak to them. In the young woman's mind, this stranger felt so familiar, as if she were a long last friend from her childhood---although she was certain that they had not met before but she was now starting to doubt her own memories. Giving the Fae a gentle smile as she relaxed back against the counter, Calista could only shake her head slightly at the stranger's words. "I appreciate your concern, but it is the only way. We will go to this event," she remarked candidly, not seeing any harm in talking with this woman. Yet before she could say more the tavern suddenly grew very quiet and an air of tension began to permeate the once jovial room. Glancing around the empty tavern, Calista just drew in a deep breath as she looked around to see the ones that remained. Niko sat with the entertainer. The two women remained at their own table. And the man she had just seen a little while ago at the bar and the drunk she-elf were there as well. "So it seems we have our answer. The business begins," Calista remarked softly.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 3:13 am 
Maia
Maia

Niko couldn't hold back a laugh as he heard Agatha's words. '' You learn quickly'' he said with a smile.He paused after hearing her next words and tried to think of how to reply. ''You underestimate yourself'' he said, choosing his words wisely. '' It is not just your stories that I see when I look at you. You have a fair face as well as a likeable character. You should wear your pride on your sleeve as you have good reason to.'' He put his hand over hers and paused to look at her reaction to his words and gesture. He then returned to his normal demeanor, removing his hand.
''Unlike some who have no reason at all to be arrogant'' he smirked while surveying Dante.'' Though I suppose it is our fault. I graced him with words and you with your story and now he believes himself important.'' He looked at Agatha and sighed then broke into laughter.
While they had been talking it seemed that the tavern was becoming more empty by the minute. Niko's gaze then found a hooded and cloaked figure who was speaking to the three at the bar. He couldnt hear what was being said yet he looked at their gazes and found them to be smiling as if greeting a sibling. He wasn't sure what to make of it but his instincts told him to be wary of the hooded figure.
''It would seem that we are about to start'' he said so only Agatha could hear him. ''What do you make of the hooded figure beside the bar? I am not sure but it troubles me how they all are smiling in so short a time to what I can only assume is a stranger''

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 6:23 am 
Istari
Istari

Morgie smiled to herself and when bar maid brought her water, she sinked into the chair pretending she is not bothered but anything in the inn.
"They seem very interesting bunch" she thought to herself. "I wonder what they really want to do right now. They seem to wait for someone or I am rakhnak"
She sipped the water and she felt like the fresh wave coming through her body. Water was for her as drink of the gods, she never understood what people see in beer or wine.

Suddenly the movement near her disstracted her. A drunk man, probably human, started to punching her in the arm.
- Move, woman, you smell strangly - he murmed and she felt the smell of alcohol. - I am most sure you shouldn't be here. And take off your cloak and hood, we hate STRANGE AND MYSTERIOUS people, grrrahhh!
The last words he said almost scraeming and took his dagger out.
- NOW! - he cried.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 9:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

Legolas wrote:
Niko noticed that there was a man in the corner who looked to be getting impatient. '' Perhaps, it is him I have come to see'' he thought to himself.
He then noticed the two women at the table next to him had brought out what seemed to be a ferret. He couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. As they both looked at him he shot them a smile. '' that is a sight'' he said to them not sounding offensive. '' As to your question about the meeting I just heard you mention.. If it's about the royalty problem we've been having then it seems you are in luck as it looks about to start up'' Noticing a man at the bar start to move towards the stranger in the corner.
'' Come and let's see what we may find out'' he said quietly to them.
As he got up to move towards the stranger he saw Dante who conveniently had his back to him so as to block Niko from view move his hand over Calista's. This bothered him slightly, however her smile that followed it irritated him further. Yet he didn't let it show on his face for long. His look of disdain disappeared as quickly as it came. He hoped no-one had seen it. He was not one who was very used to the emotions coming over him this night and he wasn't sure he liked it.
He motioned for the two women behind him to follow if they wished and moved towards the stranger.

Piper smiled awkwardly up at Niko as he spoke to them, stomach churning with nervousness.

She glanced at Lissa as he motioned for them to follow him, "Care to follow him?"

Lissa shook her head vigourously, "I don't...I can't...I don't...I don't trust him..."

Piper smiled reassuringly, "He doesn't seem THAT bad...and you DO trust me...don't you?"

Lissa smiled, one hand gently stroking the ferret on her lap, the other fingering her mug, "You seem...nice...and he just reminds me too much of Nicklas."

"Nicklas?"

The young magic user nodded, "Yes...my boyfriend. He...he's doing what he can to find out a way to stop them...he told me leave and so here I am."

Tap tap tap.

The two women silenced, taking the time to observe the crowd.

Piper then nodded to the hooded man in a corner of the tavern, murmuring to Lissa, "That one then?"

Lissa shrugged, "I suppose so..."

CRASH!

As another drunkard drew out his dagger against another stranger, Piper turned over the table in an attempt to prevent yet ANOTHER man being thrown head over heels towards them from disrupting their drinks.

Looking shocked, Lissa quickly passed the ferret to Piper who slipped the animal into a pouch around her waist, at the same time reached for her hidden sword.

Lissa's right hand leapt for her throat, groping for the necklace as she reached for her own sword, 'Oh dear me...'

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 5:36 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Well, since Magnificant Smaug has left, I'll post like Morgie wasn't there, then, I guess...)

"Well if a girl is to survive in this harsh world on her own, she has to learn quickly," Agatha couldn't help but chuckle lightly. How long had it been since she jested back and forth one on one with someone? Surely not since her master had died those years ago. It felt nice to start to know someone like this, instead of just being there to tell stories. An idea then came into her mind, but Niko's words pulled her out of the idea. His words surprised her, but what surprised her even more was the feel of his callhaused palm on her hand. She was almost at a loss for words at a moment, not even sure what to think until he removed his hand. It took her a second to regain herself.
"If I did wear pride on my sleeve, many might mistake it for ignorance. And many people I have encountered don't listen to those who they think are arrogant," she said simply, trying to defend her humility. But this time she didn't turn down his compliment. Then the conversation turned.
"Well, you say you just met him, right? Well, first impressions aren't always right. What if it's just a mask, and underneath is really a scared little boy? I had not expected such a friendly man underneath that armor and tough exterior," Agatha shrugged her shoulders with a meek smile.

Things seemed to be quieting down, and Niko commented about it. She nodded in agreement about something starting. It was just possible. But that idea came back, and she wanted to ask Niko before it started.
"Maybe when the meeting is over and all is said and done... maybe some time you could share your story with me. From all that you've said, you seem like you've been through quite a bit. But if the reason you're here is starting, it may have to wait for another time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dante glanced around as the room grew quiet. Though he noticed the man Niko seemed to be enjoying himself speaking to the young entertainer. But that didn't catch his attention for long. A drunk tripped over a table on his way out, causing the two with the ferrets to jump to their feet in surprise. He noticed how both had hands that went to weapons.
"Everyone here seems to be quite on edge... this thing really needs to get started. The tension in the room is killing me," he commented to Calista...

PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 1:50 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Sorry for the double post. but for some reason it wasn't registering on the topic page or the main forum that I had ever posted my last one and it was bothering me... So I wanted to see if it would happen if I posted a second time... apparently it didn't do it again. :disgust: )

PostPosted: December 29th, 2011, 7:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

Letting out a belch, the drunkard stumbled back to his feet, mumbling a 'Sorry' to both ladies.

Lissa sucked in a breath and took a step back as he staggered dangerously close to her, mumbling another 'Sorry' as he grapped onto her elbow in order to stabilize himself.

It took all her energy to not breath in as he stumbled forwards again, in time for his vomit to land into the flower pot stationed near the door.

Trying not to gag on the overwhelming stench, Lissa raised a hand.

Piper stared as a shimmering hand took form in the air above the door handle and pulled.

Wrenching her arm from the grip of the drunkard, she shoved him outside, leaving him sprawling on the gravel outside the tavern.

Smiling, she leant forwards into the gentle breeze that brought in the smell of nature and sneezed.

"A-ACHOO!"

"Bless you."

Piper had finally released hold of the hilt of her sword, stepping forwards to touch Lissa's arm cautiously.

The breeze stopped as Lissa turned to face Piper's confused gaze, "Something wrong?"

"Lissa, Lissa what was that?"

Last bumped by Nienna of Rohan on December 29th, 2011, 7:02 pm.