Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: She's Not a Queen Yet (Tangled RPG)
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 6:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attention:
Welcome to mine and Arabella Baggins Tangled RPG, fellow AU members! I know that you have no idea what this RPG is about, so if you would like, go to our discussion thread and you can read up on what's going on. If you guys would like to join the RPG, PLEASE let either myself or Arabella know on the discussion thread. We will list our actual characters on this thread and show you which ones we are playing temporarily, for the sake of keeping the RPG alive. We need more people!!! :)

Characters Taken:
Rapunzel - Arabella Baggins
Flynn Rider (A.K.A. Eugene Fitzherbert) - Amara
Queen - Amara
King - Arabella Baggins

Characters Taken Temporarily:
Maximus - Amara

Characters Needed:
Pascal
Astrid (Flynn's ex)
Tobias (Rapunzel's captor)

Setting:
Flynn, Rapunzel, Maximus and Pascal are located at the King and Queen's castle; preparing for the grand wedding of Flynn and Rapunzel.

Astrid and Tobias are located in the forest; the outskirts of the Kingdom of Corona. They will be scheming Rapunzel's kidnapping and stealing Flynn away.
Time & Weather:
The time is 2:07pm and the sun is shining, but with a slight breeze. Perfect for an outdoor wedding!

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject: Re: She's Not a Queen Yet (Tangled RPG)
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 8:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(YAY! So excited to start this!)

Ever since she was a little girl, Rapunzel had played with her hair when she got nervous. No matter what the situation--trying to hide a broken plate from Mother Gothel when she came home, the time she had tried asking Mother about the lantern lights she had seen from her window for all those years, even some of her first conversations with Eugene--her first instinct had been to go for those insanely long blonde locks. Brushing it, absentmindedly tying it in little knots, anything to keep her mind occupied and off of whatever was really bothering her. Now, with excited butterflies turning cartwheels in her stomach, Rapunzel felt herself reaching upwards again, trying to find that same comfort...

But, of course, she had forgotten that she didn't have that hair anymore. She wasn't the same girl that had spent her entire life locked away in that tower, and for that she was grateful. She turned to gaze at her reflection in the nearby mirror, smiling softly at what she saw there. Her newly-short brown hair framed her face, accenting her blue eyes. More importantly than that, however, was the fact that the girl staring back at Rapunzel from the looking-glass looked happy. Nervous and maybe a little scared, yes, but safe and happy and free, awaiting her upcoming marriage and her future with her new family--father, mother, and, yes, husband too.

"Look how far we've come, Pascal," she whispered as her tiny chameleon friend crawled onto her shoulder. "Not too bad, huh?"

Rapunzel heard a soft knock on her door, and she turned from the mirror. "Come in!" she called.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 6:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

(I know that the Queen doesn't really have a name. But, I think that I'm going to make one up. I really like Sophia. ;D Even though, that's not entirely German. Haha! Oh well.)

The land of Corona had really changed within the past few years. The Princess Rapunzel had finally been returned to the castle and all of Corona's inhabitants were ecstatic. They instantly fell in love with her and her quirky ways. Even her pet Pascal was loved in the same manner. He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. His cuteness made up for it.

Walking down the corridor, Queen Sophia headed for her daughter's bedroom. She knew that she would be needing to try on her wedding dress soon, so she wanted to be there for her. She couldn't believe that Rapunzel was getting married. The funny thing was, she was getting married to someone that they had considered an outlaw for so long -- Flynn Rider. A.K.A. Eugene Fitzherbert. She knew he rather liked Flynn, but Rapunzel never called him that.

Knocking on the door lightly, she heard her daughter's voice from behind it. She smiled and then reached her hand out for the golden handle, turning it and walking inside to see her beautiful daughter standing there in front of the mirror. "Hello, sweetheart. Have you tried on your wedding dress yet?" She asked softly and looked over her face, before walking further into the room. She had closed the door behind her gently and stood side-by-side, looking at her daughter in the mirror.

Eugene better take care of her... She thought to herself, with a smile.

-------------------

Eugene was outside of the castle, pacing back and forth nervously. His and Rapunzel's wedding day was quickly approaching and it made him get cold feet. But, not enough to the point where he would bail. He couldn't do that to her. He loved her too much and wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He stopped pacing, when Maximus suddenly was right in his face. He knew that something was up with Eugene. "Hey, Max." He said softly and then Maximus made a face at the man, shaking his head.

Eugene smirked, knowing that Maximus hated being called that. He sighed a bit and leaned against the castle wall. "What do I do, Max? The wedding is a couple of days away. I'm marrying a gorgeous princess and I'm about to be a prince. I'm freaking out here." He said softly and then looked over to Maximus again, swallowing hard. Maximus' face softened a bit, once he realized that Eugene was really having a problem with nervousness. He shook his head and walked over to Eugene, nudging him a bit with his head.

The two of them had managed to get along more, with how many years they had to spend together. But, they were fairly close now.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 11:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Rapunzel offered her mother a shy smile as she entered the room. It was still a little strange for her to get used to this. She knew that the woman that stood before her was her true mother, and that Gothel had been no more than a fraud, and an evil one at that, but she still felt more distanced from the Queen than she should be. She had grown up thinking her life had been one thing, and the reality had turned out to be vastly different. She had been fed eighteen years worth of lies, eighteen years of false hope and belief...eighteen years thinking that Gothel loved her and wanted what was best for her.

Eighteen years was a long time to be separated from one's true mother. It would take more than a couple of weeks or months--maybe even years--before Rapunzel truly felt like she belonged in this family. For the moment, she still felt like an outsider, even though she knew they welcomed her with open arms. It would take time. She needed to get to know them still.

"Hello...Mother," she said. "I haven't tried it on yet. I want to, but you've seen how elaborate it is, and how delicate...can I really wear something like that? I'll tear it or something!" She ran her fingers through her shortly-cropped hair again. "I just don't know if I can wear something like that."

What she really meant was, I'm not sure if I can really be a princess. I know the people love me, but...I'm just not ready.

She looked up. "Were you nervous?" she asked quickly. "Before you and the King got married, I mean. You must have been, weren't you? Because I am. And if that's not normal, then that's not good. It's not as if I don't want to be married, I do. I do more than anything..." She lowered her voice. "I love Eugene more than anything. But...I don't know. I'm still scared."

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 11:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Queen Sophia listened to Rapunzel speak about all that she needed to let out. There was a lot built up inside of her, that she was waiting to have just pour out. But, Rapunzel needed time. Lady Gothel had been a cruel person. Stealing her and the King's daughter from them, when she was only a baby. They never had a chance to know their baby girl. It had brought a lot of heartache to her and the King. Especially since Rapunzel was their only child.

Since Sophia had gotten really sick from giving birth to Rapunzel, the King had been very nervous about even attempting to try for another child. They didn't even want one. Not after what had happened the first time. Rapunzel being stolen from them had scarred them for life. But, now she was back in their lives. And Sophia could tell that her husband was happier than ever. No more sad tears... Just happy ones.

"Rapunzel... When I was getting married to "The King", I was deathly afraid. I didn't think that I was good enough to be a princess. In all honesty, I wasn't even born into royalty. I was just a farmer's daughter. But, he saw something in me that I didn't even see at the time. Love for him and love for this land and its people. He knew that I was perfect for the job. Just like I know that you are." She said softly and rested a hand on the girl's shoulder, smiling a little more.

At this moment in time, Queen Sophia wondered where the King was. He still needed to speak to his daughter about the wedding. It was tradition in their family. The father always spoke to the child a couple days before his/her wedding.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 1:55 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Rapunzel felt a genuine smile come over her face as she listened to her mother's story. Even if she wasn't entirely convinced yet, it felt good to know that what she was feeling wasn't entirely out of the ordinary. She had been worried that her feeling scared was somehow a betrayal to Eugene, as crazy as it seemed. But if her mother had been nervous too, then it had to be okay, right? Look at how her mother ruled now. The public adored her, and she obviously enjoyed her job. Hopefully it would be the same way for Rapunzel.

"Thank you, Mother," Rapunzel said, coming to give her mother a quick hug. "I--I hope you're right. Do you think Eugene is nervous, too? He has to be. He's probably more scared than I am!"

----

King Victor had been anticipating this day with a mixture of excitement and dread. He was expected to talk to Rapunzel before her wedding day, as custom dictated. This would be difficult for any father who was essentially getting ready to give up his role as caretaker of his daughter, but in their case, his daughter was still a stranger to him. He was getting to know her day by day, but he still felt it wasn't quite enough yet. After days of deliberating with himself, he still wasn't entirely sure what to say.

Stopping in front of Rapunzel's door, he knocked softly. "I trust I'm not interrupting anything?"

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 2:01 am 
Maia
Maia

Queen Sophia smiled even more to Rapunzel, once she got a hug from her. The last time they had hugged was when Rapunzel first came back to the castle with Flynn. She sighed happily and hugged her daughter back quickly. She heard Rapunzel's excitement and questions about Flynn. "He's probably ten times more scared than you are. I'm sure that Maximus is taking care of him." She said and laughed a bit at the thought.

Shaking her head, she looked over her shoulder; when she heard her husband's voice from behind her. She smiled lovingly to him and motioned for him to come in. "Not at all, dear. We were just finishing up." She said softly and then looked back to Rapunzel happily. "Everything will be alright. I promise you." She added softly, before walking to her husband. She rested her hands on his chest, standing in front of him. She looked up to him with loving eyes and then kissed his cheek softly, before leaving the room.

She wanted the two of them to be alone.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2011, 9:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Rapunzel gave a light little laugh. "I suppose, but Maximus is a horse whose main concern is apples, Mother. How much help can he possibly be?" In her heart, she wasn't exactly sure whether Eugene would be scared or not. She had only seen him truly frightened a few times. Surely something like this wouldn't faze him?

Unless he was worried, like she was, that the people of Corona wouldn't accept them as their new prince and princess.

Rapunzel smiled at her father as he entered the room, giving him a little nod but saying nothing. She had heard the servants discussing the custom of the Kingdom earlier, so she knew why he had come. She couldn't for the life of her, however, figure out what he was supposed to talk to her about. The secrets to a happy marriage, or a happy kingdom? What would his priorities be?

She watched the exchange between her parents with a smile. They were still so in love, even after all these years--even through the sorrow that had hung like a cloud over their marriage for the last eighteen years. She hoped her marriage to Eugene would be as strong as her parents'.

"Sit down, Rapunzel," the King said kindly when Queen Sophia had left the room. She did, sitting on her bed while he drew up an armchair and sat nearby. "So..." he said with a smile. "The big day is approaching fast, my dear. Are you nervous?"

Rapunzel gave a sheepish nod. "Yes. A little. Mother's been helping me."

The King beamed. "I'm very glad to hear that."

PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 3:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

Queen Sophia walked down the corridor to the main hall, silently. A lot was on her mind. She couldn't believe that her daughter was getting married in a couple of days. Her only daughter. But, it was okay. Everything would be okay.

Making it outside of the castle, she looked to the side and saw Eugene walking back and forth nervously. She smiled widely and then walked down the steps slowly, picking up the front of her dress a bit. She would have a word. "Eugene... Come walk with me." She called out to him. He looked up to where the voice came from and stopped dead in his tracks. He swallowed hard and nodded to the Queen, walking after her.

Making it to the garden, Queen Sophia slowly sat down on the edge of their main large fountain; looking up to Eugene kindly. "I know that you are nervous." She spoke softly to him. He slowly nodded to what she said and bit his lower lip. "I'm not getting cold feet. I just... Never imagined myself becoming royalty." He spoke softly and in complete confidence that she wouldn't make fun of him.

He had grown to love the King and Queen like a mother and father.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 6:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*kicks self for forgetting about this*

It was nice, talking with her father like this. Rapunzel wondered what her life might have been like if Gothel hadn't stolen her away. Yes, she would have grown up with a family...but then she never would have met Eugene. She knew that deep in her heart. So, in a way, she supposed that she ought to feel grateful to the old witch, somehow.

Her hand reached upwards to twirl one of her impossibly long locks of hair again, and once again she was struck with the fact that it was no longer there, no longer a part of her. She blushed vividly, hoping the King hadn't noticed. Desperate for a distraction, she looked out the window and saw her mother and Eugene chatting in the courtyard below. She gave a ringing laugh. "Oh, father, look!" she cried, opening the window and waving at them. "Hello!" she called.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2022, 4:26 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

asos Discount Code
give me cosmetics Discount Code
ninja kitchen Discount Code
nike Discount Code
vonhaus Discount Code
Boden Discount Code
alpinetrek Discount Code
roseland furniture Discount Code
manomano Discount Code