Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Marauders' Era HP roleplay
PostPosted: May 14th, 2013, 9:05 pm 
Elf
Elf

So here we are starting! Feel free to add your character into ceremony of sorting! And don't hesistate to add first post (I may add mine later, when I will be less flu-es...)

The roleplay is set in Marauders' Era and you can control canon caracters as you wish, if your character is going to befriend Remus Lupin, feel free to write about it.

Ready? Steady? GO!

Elrond banner by Erin.

Post subject: Re: The Marauders' Era HP roleplay
PostPosted: May 14th, 2013, 10:17 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oh, I would like to join! So... What is the character template?

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 1:34 am 
Elf
Elf

It's in Osgiliath (Helps and Ideas), in the thread "Harry Potter roleplay anyone?" ;)

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 4:25 pm 

(Okay, let's see what I can make of this!)

The newly arrived first years had formed a sloppy line and were desperately trying not to trip over their own feet or over the cloaks of their fellow students. They had just received a stern but friendly welcome by professor McGonagall, and now they were slowly making their way through the Great Hall. Some of the new students looked curiously at the floating candles and the enchanted ceiling, while others were smiling at older siblings or making jokes among each other. By the time all the first years had reached the end of the Great Hall, professor McGonagall had placed a very old and shabby looking hat on a small wooden stool, and everyone in the Hall watched the hat expectantly...

Morgan had felt a constant shiver of excitement from the moment she had woken up. She had waited for this moment since her oldest sister first told her about the Sorting Ceremony, which was the official start for a new year at Hogwarts. While walking through the Great Hall, she had to turn her head in all directions to find her sisters, who were sitting at the tables for Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. They had given her encouraging smiles and waves, but not encouraging enough to suppress the ball of nerves that was currently building in her stomach. She waited anxiously for someone to say something, as the Hall stayed quiet for almost a minute.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 4:35 pm 
Elf
Elf

George Bearsas was talking with some children that he knew. They were three of them, one girl and two boys. Their fathers worked in Ministry of Magic, as well as Seamus Bearsas, his own dad.
"What do you think, George, when you will land?" whispered to him the only girl in their small group.
George snorted.
"I am sure that the hat will see the true Slytherin in me" he said with a posh style and laughed a little. "Though one of my cousins landed in Gryffindor. My father said that Gryffindor is good but he expects from me to show family pride."

He was excited as well as other students. He was calm outside, as his mother taught him but his heart was jumping in his chest like madman. The look of Professor McGonagall even intesited his feelings, especially that the woman looked like someone in whom presence you can't do any pranks or say a bad word about anyone. Not that George was intending to do such stupid thing. Great Hall was as splendid as his sister told him, as his father potrayed to him when he was even younger. He dreamt about being Hogwarts student and now the dream was coming true. He looked anxiously at the Sorting Hat.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 6:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

(I joined :))

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 8:55 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ermina walked up confidently behind everyone else with a cocktail grin. Of course, anxiety was swirling inside of her, but she wasn't going to let that show! She laid a casual arm across her best friend's ( also a Muggleborn) shoulders and inquired of her, "So where do you think YOU will land?" Jenna, her best friend, shrugged nervously, and stammered, "I..... I don't know..." Ermina laughed. "You'll be fine, so calm down," then she added in a quiet murmur to herself, "I hope so...."

PostPosted: May 17th, 2013, 7:05 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Beatrice clapped her hands when she saw the Great Hall.

"It's...it's wonderful!" she exclaimed, very anxious to see how the sorting ceremony will look like. She was really hoping to get to Ravenclaw, because she thought that she is smart enough to be there. All she wanted is to learn, learn, learn!

She saw group of boys near her and she looked at one saying that Gryffindor is not bad but his father wants to follow the tradition...in Slytherin. Yes, Slytherin was good but only for over-ambitious, but she didn't tell that to boy. She might hurt him with taht remark.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 4:17 pm 

Morgan could almost feel the nerves and excitement of her fellow first-years around her. Just as she thought she couldn't wait any longer, the hat on the stool suddenly started to move. It seemed to open its mouth, clear its throat, and it started to sing. She watched the singing hat with amazement, and she joined in with the thunderous applause that rolled through the Hall after the hat had finished. Professor McGonagall stepped forward again, and she had a large scroll of parchment in her hand. After unrolling it, she called the first student to be sorted: "Bearsas, George!"

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 4:37 am 
Elf
Elf

George winked to one of his friend who winked to him back. He pulled himself together, take a sight and step forward to Sorting Hat and Professor McGonagall. He felt the look of all children on him but it gave him a kick to look sure about his fate. He smiled and sat on the chair.

The Sorting Hat made a funny expression and George heard: "Well, this is almost sure when I can put you...a lot of ambition, oh yes, the eagerness to prove yourself and a lot of pride...yes...this is only one House I can put you in...SLYTHERIN!"

George smiled, this time less artificial and joined the table of Slytherin, hearing the excited voices of young friends of his family. It wasn't that bad, he thought. He is in Slytherin. He laughed then in deep of his soul at all of those who want to join the certain House and won't make it. Oh my god! That will be funny to look at their faces! He looked at the next child stepping nervous in front of Sorting Hat.

Sorting Hat just announced "Gryffindor!" for red head girl named Lily Evans.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 9:23 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ermina watched anxiously as her best friend Jenna walked up to the Sorting Hat. Jenna looked as if she might faint as she sat on the chair. After a long pause, the hat announced, "HUFFLEPUFF!" Jenna looked at Ermina, grinning, and went to sit with her new house. "Lesley, Ermina!" Ermina gasped. Her turn, already?

Ermina walked up and sat on the chair. Her head was high, her poise and gait confident, nothing like the wreck Jenna had been! Professor McGonagall placed the hat upon her head. Ermina grinned despite her self and caught sight of Jenna staring at her with an intensity she did not understand. "Well, " the hat began, "you have many defined characteristics. You could be placed in any House and rightfully so. But foremost among your traits is your intelligence. I therefore place you in Ravenclaw!" Ermina grinned. This was just what she had secretly hoped for. As she hastened over to take a seat by the other students in Ravenclaw, she noticed a bitter, almost jealous look on Jenna's face. Directed at her. What was that about?, she wondered. Oh, well. The next person was called.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 11:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

Professor McGonaggall said: "Lupin, Remus!"
A young, very shy looking boy with mousy hair stood in front of the Sorting Hat as he couldn't decide to let McGonagall put it on his head. "Come on, boy" Professor made a move with her hand and Remus sat on the chair. George have never seen to unsure face.
"Land in Hufflepuff, loser!" he thought and smiled to him, looking at few older Slytherin boys exchanging looks.
The Sorting Hat didn't lose time "Gryffindor!" it shouted and the boy named Remus smiled lightly.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 1:30 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Catelyn Minn was so nervous when McGonagall said her name, that her hands were wet and she felt not very good in deep of her stomach. She wanted some decent House not Hufflepuff! Her mother always told her that she is good for Hufflepuff, like all her sisters and dad. She wanted something better than that!
When the Sorting Hat was put on her head, it said: "A see a lot of ambition. But also kind heart and general good in you. But I see where you will make your own opinions and shape your strong will. Slytherin!"
Catelyn smiled, almost in heaven. She drifted to the Slytherin table and sat with relief.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 4:41 am 

(Sorry for the long post, but let's get the sorting over with and continue with the story :) )

"Pettigrew, Peter" was the next to be sorted. He was a small, chubby boy with sand-coloured hair who seemed hesitant to walk alone in front of the entire school. The hat sorted him in Gryffindor, after a minute of muttering to himself. The next boy was the complete opposite of Peter: "Potter, James" walked towards the hat with ruffle through his hair and a confident grin, and he winked to someone among the students before the hat sunk over his eyes. The hat didn't take long before deciding to put him in Gryffindor as well, and James walked smiling towards another dark haired first year boy at the Gryffindor table.

A few other students were sorted and Morgan started to lost count of how many had already been sorted. She was also starting to feel a bit hungry, and she wondered how long they'd have to wait for everyone to be sorted. Suddenly she snapped out of her musings as "Snape, Severus" was up for sorting. His pace was somewhere between confident and nervous, and he had the anxious look of a child who hasn't always been treated gently by adults. The hat nearly took five minutes before sorting him into "SLYTHERIN" with a loud bellow. Severus quickly made his way over to the table, where he was greeted by an older boy with long blond hair.

"Whytlaw, Morgan!" Finally it was her turn. She shook her legs to make sure she wouldn't stumble over the stairs, and she sat down with the hat far over her eyes. "A bit impatient are we?" The hat sniggered. "Ah, but you've waited long enough to come here, always longing to be able to study those fascinating subjects your sisters told you about. Then I think you would best be placed among some other eager students: RAVENCLAW!" Morgan smiled and she walked to the Ravenclaw table, where she sat next to another first year girl.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 5:42 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"Woolth Beatrice!" Beatrice heard her name pulling her from the thoughts that were drifting about how the first year will be like. She jumped and saw that she is the only not sorted student. She became red but made confident expression and sat. The hat was put on her head and as soon as it landed there, exclaimed loud "GRYFFINDOR!". She laughed a little and jumped from the chair almost running to the Gryffindor row.
"Hello, I am James Potter!" said confident boy who sat near her. "And this is Sirius Black. Proud Griffindors, yes! Haha."
Beatrice wanted to make a friends right away and squeezed the hand of the boy almost too hard. "I am Beatrice Woolth. I was so afraid..."
She didn't finish because an old man stepped in front from the teachers table behind. "This is Dumbledore" said some second year. "Now will be the speach."

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 10:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

Just before Dumbledore had started to talk, Ermina looked up at Morgan Whytlaw, who had sat next to her and grinned. "Hi! I'm Ermina Lesley! I'm so excited to be here! I'm glad I'm in Ravenclaw. Are you? What's your name? Mine's Ermina, did I already tell you that?" She wondered if she was making the girl uncomfortable. Then Dumbledore stood up. "Oh, great, a speech," Ermina muttered.