Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Avengers, Assemble! (Private RP)
PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

“What do I think?” Tony repeated, unlike the others not bothering to keep his voice low. “I think that this ‘Other’ guy is going to end up on Earth whether we keep Loki here or not. Think about it, he already sent an army once, and that was before we did anything to p-ss him off. Now? He may go for Loki first, but he’s coming here eventually.”

The others were silent as they considered his words. Thor seemed the most troubled, and his mirth dimmed a little as guilt returned.

“The way I see it,” Tony went on, arms crossed over his chest, “is that Reindeer Games is our only lead on this guy; we don’t even know his name. If we keep Loki here maybe we can figure out how to hit this guy where it hurts, so that when he does show up we might be ready for him.”

“Loki will not cooperate,” Thor said, his voice low. “He fears the Other, more than I have ever seen him fear any living thing. I doubt very greatly that he will risk increasing the Dark One’s wrath by aiding us.”

“Well then take him back to Asgard and let him wait there,” Tony shrugged. “Either way it doesn’t seem like he’s getting away from this guy. And as much as I’d love to not battle more space monkeys... I doubt we’re going to make it out without facing him too.”

Both silence and stillness reined for a moment before it was finally broken by Bruce, who shared a look with Steve.

“You are right,” Thor soon admitted. “I had hoped that removing my brother from your realm would ensure its safety, but I do not believe that it will be so. Asgard will do what we can to make certain that the Other does not reach the other realms, but if it falls then I fear that Midgard will indeed be in danger of his wrath.”

“Well, I guess it’s a good thing we’re all determined to play heroes,” Tony quipped, popping another carrot slice into his mouth and looking for all the world like this sort of conversation happened every day.

“We shouldn’t worry about it too much right now,” Bruce advised after a moment, crossing the kitchen to slide the knife and cutting board into the dishwasher. “Loki can’t be transported until he’s healed up a little anyway, and I’m not comfortable with you flying between realms yet either,” he said to Thor.

“Right,” Tony agreed. “So for now let’s just pretend that there are no evil freaks out to destroy us.” He paused and then shook his head. “My god, and to think my life used to be normal.”

“Your life was never normal, Tony,” Bruce bantered, and the billionaire could only snort in amused agreement.

just a big man with a suit of armor.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 12:04 am 
Ent
Ent

"Dinner is served." Steve leaned forward and placed a steaming plate in front of each person. The chicken, which had been breaded and baked, was crispy and cooked to perfection. Underneath each thigh was a small bed of angelhair pasta and vegetables. Each dish looked as though it had came straight out of a magazine. No one could expect any less out of Steve Rogers.

"It isn't much, but it's probably more than our good friend here can muster." The captain raised his eyebrow at Thor, who was eying the food hungrily. He had been given a particularly large portion, for it was no secret among the group that the god had quite an appetite, even after devouring several boxes of poptarts. When he heard Steve's remark, he frowned and picked up his fork.

"We warriors do not cook much in Asgard. Though my brother always had a skill for the culinary arts." The god picked up his large dish and sniffed it curiously. "Your chicken smells hearty, Rogers. Though I still do not understand why you could not have added those delightful poptarts."

"Oh, I don't know, Thor. Something told me that icing and sprinkles didn't exactly compliment chicken. But next time, I shall reconsider." Steve set his plate down last and seated himself. Bruce handed him a glass of wine and raised his own.

"What shall we toast to?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 1:16 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

For one very short second there was silence. Tony looked around at the others without speaking - making toasts wasn’t really his thing, at least not in a small party of people that he actually kind of liked.

Then Thor raised his glass and looked around the table. “To comrades, yes? Good friends, good food, and a night of peace so that we may enjoy it,” he said, sincere without a hint of self consciousness at all. This sort of thing happened every night at the feasts of Asgard, after all.

Bruce nodded his approval and the four glasses clinked together softly.

“And to poptarts,” Tony suddenly added, his face completely serious while his eyes glimmered in amusement.

Thor laughed and nodded. “Indeed. And to poptarts.”

Bruce shook his head. “Don’t encourage him,” he said with a laugh.

Tony waggled his eyebrows as he took a sip of the wine and grinned. “What about you, Banner?” he asked as he set the beverage aside and began cutting away at the chicken. “What are you toasting to?”

“Ah, I’m good with Thor’s,” the physicist replied with a slight shrug. Aside from the team there wasn’t much that Banner had left to toast about, and Thor had already covered that.

“Copy cat,” Tony accused, twirling the chicken and pasta onto his fork. “At least I picked something,” he pointed out, stuffing the fork into his mouth. “Hm,” he hummed, blinking in surprise. “Not bad, Rogers.”

“It is most delightful,” Thor agreed, already well into the meal and already heaping extra vegetables onto his plate.

Bruce nodded and hummed in agreement while also watching the god, shaking his head in wonder and bemusement. The amount of food Thor could put away never ceased to amaze him - even the Hulk probably couldn’t eat that much. “It’s great, Steve.”

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 2:09 am 
Ent
Ent

Steve hid a half smile as he stared down at his plate. Though he would never admit it, the compliments touched him. As he twirled his fork into the lightly seasoned pasta, he felt at ease for the first time in a long, long time.

"Did you add the salt yet?"

Steve looked up at Peggy, his expression slightly guilty. He cleared his throat and side-stepped in attempt to hide the pepper-covered chicken from her. The shaker at gotten a little out of hand. He was never good with these things. And besides, he was still trying to get used to his new strength, which made it difficult for him to do even the smallest of tasks, including making a simple chicken dish. The soldier rubbed the back of his neck and winced.

"Not yet. I'm getting to it." He glanced back to make sure that she wasn't looking at him. Before she could turn around again, he snatched the napkin on the table and began to smear the pepper off. But to his horror, this only made the matter worse. The chicken breast seemed to soak in the pepper each time he pressed the napkin against it.

"What are you doing?" Peggy suddenly demanded. Steve jumped and spun around. The brunette was standing behind him with her hand on her hip.

"I can explain--"

"Were you just...
wiping the chicken?"

"No--"

"--I can't believe you would wipe it, I mean--"

"--but I didn't--!"

"--I never assumed you to be a liar, Steve Rogers, but if the shoe fits--"

"--I just, oh nevermind." No one flustered him like Peggy Carter did. She was quick-minded with a sharp tongue. It made it difficult for him to get a word in edge-wise. Plus, her eyes were distracting. And her hair. Not to mention her lips--

"What are you staring at?" The young agent gave him a wary look. Steve cleared his throat and dropped the pepper-crusted napkin to the floor. Peggy narrowed her eyes at him.

"Don't just throw that on the floor, Steve."

"Yes m'aam." He said automatically. He couldn't help it. Within seconds, the napkin was properly folded on the table.

"That's better. Now." She pushed the ruined chicken breast aside and pulled another plate towards him, placing a new piece on top. "Try not to ruin this one, all right?" There was a hint of warmth in her voice now. "Or else you're eating this piece." She picked up the salt shaker and pushed it into his hand.

"Just lightly now. Easy does it."

Steve gripped the small shaker in his hand and jerked it upwards, but Peggy caught his arm with a cry.

"I meant in a gentler fashion, Rogers. Come now, it isn't that difficult. Just relax." She placed her hands on his shoulders until she felt the tension slowly ease away. As she slid her hand down his arm and touched the hand that was holding the salt shaker, Steve was only too aware of her fingertips and how soft and small they were as they brushed against his knuckles. She probably didn't even realize how it made him feel. All at once, he felt anxious again, half because she was so close to him and the other half because he wanted to impress her. Swallowing hard, he picked up the chicken plate and let her guide his hand into a light jerking motion. The salt crystals fell in a perfect pattern across the dish like magic.

"Very good!" She exclaimed. He turned to look at her with a boyish grin. Her smile faltered as their gaze met. "See?" Her voice was softer. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" Not trusting himself to reply, he simply shook his head. As they watched each other, he was suddenly aware of the fact that their faces were slowly moving closer together. He could smell the faint, sweet scent of her hair. He swallowed again, trying to keep his hands steady but--

With a mutual cry, they both jumped backwards as the plate slipped from his hands and broke in half as it hit the ground. They stared at the mess in shocked silence for a full minute before Steve recovered first. He wiped his clammy hands on his trousers, silently cursing himself as his face turned red.

"Peggy, I'm so sorry, that was completely my--" But he stopped when he realized that she was laughing behind the hand that covered her mouth. Her corners of her eyes were crinkled with amusement. She doubled forward, using her free hand to support herself while she continued to collapse into fits of laughter. He watched her with a confused expression on his face, obviously lost on what to do in the situation.

"Come on, it's not
that funny--" But the brunette cut him off again with grin. She straightened up and took one step towards him, placing one hand on each cheek. Her brown eyes were lit with laughter. She pulled him down and kissed his forehead.

"Oh, Steve. Someday you'll understand how truly oblivious you really are." And with that, she left him standing in the cramped kitchen with a bemused look on his face. When he heard her footsteps fade away, he bent down and picked up the second piece of ruined chicken. As he turned to throw it into the bin, he raised his hand to touch the spot where she had kissed him. And smiled.

"Rogers. Rogers?" Steve snapped out of his trance and looked up to see three faces staring at him, particularly Thor's.

"Excuse me?" The soldier looked awkward.

"Very well, my friend. I shall ask once more-- may we have poptarts for our last course in this fine feast? I did aide you in tenderizing the chicken." The thunder god looked hopeful.

Steve caught Bruce's amused expression before turning back to Thor, his mouth quirking into a reluctant smile.

"I don't see why not."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 3:03 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Tony had been watching Steve all throughout the meal, recognizing the far off look the soldier wore. The faintest traces of what might have been sympathy stirred in his chest before he brushed them off - Rogers didn’t look strictly unhappy, after all. And besides, no one as selfish as Tony Stark felt sympathy for anyone, let alone a man he wouldn’t even admit to actually liking.

While Thor repeated his question concerning poptarts as dessert Tony rose from the table, grabbing the empty plates and carrying them to the sink to quickly rinse and put into the dishwasher. Believe it or not he actually did know what to do in a kitchen - aside from the actual cooking, of course.

When Steve gave his “permission” Thor grinned widely and immediately leapt up to choose which package - or, more likely, which box of toaster pastries he wanted. Tony just wondered when Steve had become the “father figure” in this situation - and why Thor actually felt like he needed the soldiers blessing at all. The guy was a god.

By the time he had turned back to the table Thor had taken nearly every box of poptarts they had and set them out. Tony could only shake his head and grab two of the wine bottles from the rack as he past.

He sat one of the bottles down near Thor, knowing that Banner wouldn’t want to be involved in the next part and seriously doubting that Steve would, either. “So, Point Break, do you have any drinking games up there in Asgard?”

Bruce groaned a little, knowing what was coming, and was torn between a smile and a dismayed grimace. “Tony...”

Thor, however, looked pleased, his mouth full of poptarts even as it broke into a wide grin. “We do indeed, Stark,” he mumbled around the mouth full of pastry.

“Fantastic,” the playboy declared, uncorking his bottle of wine with a pop and smirking in challenge at the god. He’d been wanting to do this for a long time. “Shall we?”

“I warn you, I am not easily beaten in such games,” the god boasted with good-natured pride. “You will most likely fail.”

Tony simply grinned confidently. To be honest it wasn’t entirely about the game anyway - he just wanted an excuse to get wasted before he went to bed tonight. “Try me.”

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 2:19 am 
Ent
Ent

"You have been warned, Stark! I shall demolish that ego of yours in this game." Thor said playfully as he swallowed his pop-tart. "Banner, Rogers! You must join us in this merriment! I insist!"

Steve raised his eyebrow and cleared his throat with a tiny smile.

"I don't think that would be a good idea, my friend." He rubbed his jaw. "I... uh, can't really get drunk."

"And I don't think alcoholic substances would be very good for my condition." The doctor also seemed amused as he stood up to clear the table.

"Nonsense!" Thor pounded his fist on the table. "Drinking with Stark alone is far too easy! In the time that I have known you both, I never thought you to be cowards." The thunder god winked. Steve exchanged a look with Bruce and suddenly grinned. He reached over and picked up the bottle of wine on the table. As he poured himself a glass, he glanced up at Thor.

"Don't say that I didn't warn you."

"Oh-ho! You will find that defeating me is no easy task, Captain." Thor gave a bark of laughter and snatched the bottle away from the solder. But instead of properly serving himself, he tilted the bottle back and took several gulps before slamming it back on the table with a grin.

"You humans have such weak liquor. In Asgard, our wine is far stronger." He smirked at Tony. "Are you prepared to enter such games, Stark?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 5:03 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Tony simply smirked in answer to the god’s question before rising from the table. He knew he was going to lose and for once didn’t care a bit. “You have a point, this stuff is kiddie liquor,” he remarked instead, pulling a screen up from the counter near the stove - he really did have them hidden everywhere. “JARVIS, find me the nearest quality liquor store.”

“Searching now. I must confess that I am surprised that you have not already mapped all the nearest locations,” the AI announced, a hint of playful sarcasm lacing his words.

Tony merely grinned to himself, somewhat wryly, and shook his head. When JARVIS brought up a map showing the best locations he turned and headed for the door. “I’ll be back.”

“Tony, wait,” Bruce called, rising from the table. “I’ll go,” he volunteered with a friendly and laughing smile. “This isn’t really my kind of game anyway.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, you go ahead and get started,” the physicist said with a nod and a small chuckle. “Thor seems pretty eager to get the game going anyway. I’ll get everything you need.”

Tony considered for a moment before nodding. “Fine. Get the good stuff - bourbon, whiskey, scotch, and some Cola. Coke preferably. Vodka only if you feel you absolutely have to and if you must buy beer get the good brands. Please.”

Bruce gave the other scientist an amused and mildly exasperated eye roll. “I know what to buy, Tony. Just because I don’t drink it doesn’t mean I didn’t before.”

“Good man,” the playboy declared, smacking his shoulder in approval before crossing back to the table. “Oh, and get Steve whatever he wants,” he added. “Since our good captain is only drinking for pleasure and not alcohol content he doesn’t have to share with the rest of us.”

Bruce looked to Steve questioningly. “Any special requests?”

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 6:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

The corner of Steve's mouth quirked into an amused, lopsided smile as he leaned back in his chair and folded his hands over his lap.

"Brandy will be just fine, doctor."

Bruce nodded and picked up his coat.

"I'll be back in a few."

As the door shut, Thor slid the bottle towards Tony and grinned widely.

"Come now, Stark. I shall hear no more of your petty excuses about cheap wine. Drink, I say!" As Steve disguised his laugh with a light cough, the thunder god turned towards the captain and pointed.

"You laugh, Rogers, but you are next!"

Steve didn't bother to explain to Thor that, once again, he was not able to get drunk due to his supernatural metabolism. Instead, he simply picked up one of the remaining poptarts and took a large bite out of it. His eyes glittered with amusement as Thor shot him a dirty look.

"Do you mean to toy with me, Captain?"

"Not at all, Thor. I am simply waiting for my turn. That is, if Stark would hurry up with that bottle." He raised his eyebrow at the playboy and brushed the pastry crumbs off his lap. "Hurry up, son. Shouldn't keep an old man waiting for his drink." There was a hint of rare playfulness in his voice. Chuckling, he looked directly at Thor and finished off the poptart in his hand.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

My petty excuses? Are you not the one who was just complaining because our wine is weak compared to the stuff you have in Asgard?” Tony demanded, arching an eyebrow at Thor. “I’m just trying to make sure you get the full benefit of all the quality alcohol we can possibly provide.”

Thor merely arched an eyebrow in challenge, obviously not interested in Tony’s “petty excuses” as he waited for the playboy to take his turn. He laughed at Steve’s teasing of Tony and stuffed another full poptart into his own mouth, waiting with some impatience for it to be his turn again.

“Keep your suspenders on, pops,” Tony retorted flippantly, smirking at Steve. Filling his wineglass he tossed the red liquid back as if it were an oversized shot of whiskey rather than a grocery store vintage of cheap wine. Then without preamble he passed the bottle to Steve, snatching the soldier’s second poptart from the package and taking a large bite out of it with a mischievous grin.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 4:06 pm 
Ent
Ent

The captain poured himself a handsome amount of wine and drank it just as impressively as the playboy had. Thor gave a bark of laughter as Steve grinned and took an additional gulp from the bottle before sliding it back to the god.

It wasn't long before the effects of the alcohol began to take a toll on everyone but the super soldier. Within a half an hour, Thor was laughing like a madman. He banged his fist on the table again, his shoulders shaking as he bellowed and sloshed the second bottle of wine around.

"My friends! I am glad to share spirits with such good company!" The god grinned and turned sharply towards Tony. "STARK! I care not what your fellow people say about you. I think you to be a fine man. A fine man, indeed." He nodded enthusiastically and clapped a large hand on the playboy's back. Thor then threw his other arm around Steve, who was now enjoying his ninth glass of wine without so much as a drop of sweat on his brow.

"And Rogers! You are perhaps the only man I have ever known to be almost as pretty as I." Thor withdrew his hand from Tony's back and squeezed the captain's jaw, wiggling his face back and forth. "Just gaze upon that visage, Stark! With eyes that are bluer than the skies of Midgard." The god hiccuped and pulled away from Steve, only to shove another poptart into his mouth. He washed it down with another swig from the bottle and thrusted it back at Tony.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 5:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Tony nearly choked on a hand full of goldfish - or as Thor had dubbed them, ‘joyful fish’ - in laughter as Thor pinched Steve’s face and declared praises of his blue eyes. Somewhere in his pleasantly buzzed-and-partway-to-drunk brain he hoped that JARVIS was recording this, because he probably wouldn’t remember it in the morning.

He finished off the remainder of the bottle, now their second, and quickly uncorked a third - Banner had better hurry up or they wouldn’t even need the heavy stuff. Tossing back a second long swig he shoved the bottle across the table to Steve.

“We are in need of music,” the Asgardian god suddenly declared, leaving Tony to share an amused and mildly horrified look with Steve. “One who is called JARVIS,” he all but shouted. “I am in need of your aid!”

The AI hummed in the background. “How may I be of assistance?”

“We need music to add to the merriment of this game,” the god informed the AI with a wide grin, tilting back the bottle that Steve passed him and finishing half of it in a single go. “Can you provide us with such songs as Midgardians find appropriate for such times?”

“Play the Disney tracks, J,” Tony ordered with a snort, and the only time he would ever admit to even knowing such tracks existed within his files was when he was buzzed.

“Playing now.”

Tony nearly choked again when Thor all but squealed in delight and began singing along to I’ll Make a Man Out Of You.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 6:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Steve jerked back, glancing around the room in a jerky fashion as if to find the hidden speakers so he could break them. He turned back to Thor, who was blubbering the lyrics in a rather off-tune way.

"Good God..." Steve muttered, looking slightly horrified. Thor brought his fist down on the table.

"YES, ROGERS. I AM THE GOOD GOD!" He threw his arm around Tony's shoulders and snatched the bottle of wine. He took a large gulp and bellowed with laughter again.

"Thor, I think you might have had enough of that-" The captain dodged the bottle as Thor swung it drunkenly around.

"BE A MAN!" The god chorused, jerking the bottle at Steve with a stern look. "DO YOU HEAR NOT WHAT THE SOLDIERS SAY, ROGERS? I KNOW YOU TO BE A MAN. I'VE SEEN YOU BE SWIFT... SWIFT AS A RIVER COURSE."

Steve shook his head and hid a smile as he leaned back into his chair and watched the two men let loose. Suddenly, the door slid open and Bruce walked through with a large paper bag in each arm.

"Ah, I can see that Thor has learned about the magic of Disney." The doctor looked amused as he placed the bags on the counter.

"Good man, Banner! What have you gotten for us?" Thor tilted back in his chair to look at Bruce. Steve lunged forward to steady the god as he nearly knocked himself to the floor.

"Oh, you know. What you asked for." The doctor seemed a little more red-faced than usual. There was a constant grin on his face as he pulled out the different alcoholic beverages with a flourish.

"Bourbon, whiskey, scotch--" He set each of the bottles down. The scotch bottle had been opened and hastily closed. "Ah, and there's the vodka. I couldn't find coke, so I got pepsi. And a kitten."

Steve's head jerked up as Bruce pulled out a tiny, wet black ball of fur from the second paper bag. The kitten mewed and looked curiously around the kitchen with big green eyes.

"Bruce, why do you--"

"-- LOOK FRIENDS, BANNER HAS BROUGHT US A GIFT. WHAT IS THAT ATROCIOUSLY ADORABLE CREATURE YOU ARE HOLDING, DOCTOR? ARE WE TO HAVE IT FOR OUR MEAL TOMORROW MORNING?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 19th, 2012, 10:10 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

“No, we’re not going to eat it!” Bruce exclaimed, grinning sheepishly as he tucked the damp ball of fur against his chest, fishing through a drawer for a towel to wrap it in. “You don’t eat cats, Thor,” he explained patiently as the small animal mewed curiously. “They’re pets.”

“We are not keeping that,” Tony pointed out, looking at the black ball of fur with distrust. He had immediately risen from the table, surprisingly more steady on his feet than he probably be - but only because he was so adept at hiding his intoxication after so many years of drinking. As Bruce set out the bottles the playboy instantly snatched them up, twisting or pulling off caps as necessary and already mixing a scotch and Pepsi for himself. He merely smirked as he noticed the pre-opened state of the scotch, secretly glad that Bruce had allowed himself to lighten up even just a little.

Now though he was eyeing the little beast with hazy amusement mixed with probably put-on dislike.

“Of course we are,” Bruce answered firmly while the kitten mewed again, clawing its way up the scientists shirt in an attempt to reach his shoulder.

“I’m allergic to cats,” the playboy tried.

“No you’re not.”

“I could be.”

“Nonsense, Stark!” Thor exclaimed, rising from his chair and swaggering with only a midl stagger to where Bruce stood against the counter. He reach out to poke the kitten, chuckling when the feisty creature swiped playfully at his hand. “It is a most pleasant beast,” he announced, lifting the kitten by the scruff of its neck before Bruce could protest and plopping it down to sit in his other hand.

The image of the highly muscled god holding the scraggly, still damp kitten was a rather adorable picture.

“Whatever,” Tony groused, more for arguments sake than because he actually objected to the animal. He was far too pleasantly buzzed to really care. He dropped back into his chair, sipping at his concoction of soda and scotch.

“Don’t be so grumpy, Tony,” Bruce teased with a small laugh, keeping a wary eye on the kitten as Thor stroked its small head in almost childish pleasure.

The kitten, meanwhile, daringly stood along the god’s arm and stretched before suddenly making a leap. It landed with grace on all four paws and instantly padded towards Steve, rubbing it’s muddy body against his calf with a loud and obviously happy purr.

Thor looked slightly hurt that the cat saw fit to abandon him and went back to his seat, consoling himself with a handful of gummi bears.

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:31 am 
Ent
Ent

"Uhm..." Steve gazed down at the kitten with a mixture of uncertainty and surprise. As it pounced onto his lap, his lips quirked into a small, boyish smile as he scratched it gently behind the ears. The car purred with delight and kneaded its claws into his leg gently. Suddenly, it looked up in a rather startled way and leaped onto the table top, only to promptly stick its tiny dark nose into Tony's wineglass curiously.

Before any of them could pull the kitten away from the alcohol, a shrill, beeping sound sounded from the hidden speakers throughout the safe house. Steve was the first to stand, mostly because he was the only one who happened to be completely sober that evening. The soldier pushed his chair back and turned his head towards the blinking lights.

"Looks like our little friend has just woken up."

Thor's head suddenly jerked up. He swallowed the wad of gummi bears in his mouth and shot to his feet.

"Brother!" He immediately swiped the last box of poptarts from the table and tucked it under one arm, then carefully picked up the kitten with the other hand. "You must show him to me immediately, Stark. For he is in no condition to be left alone." The god nodded vigorously, nearly stumbling over himself as he shoved past Steve.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 20th, 2012, 1:12 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

“JARVIS, kill the alarm!” Tony ordered; the shrill sounds rang in his fuzzy head in manner that was more annoying than painful and he wanted it to stop. Rising to his feet he tossed back the remained of his drink, feeling the burn as it went down his throat as well as the effects of the wine. Buzzed but not wasted yet. He’d probably be back for the scotch. Maybe. He was actually a tad tired - alcohol on top of close to seventy-two hours of very little sleep would do that, he supposed.

Unfortunately the suit also needed some serious work, and since S.H.I.E.L.D - or someone worse - could show up at any time he should probably get to work on that.

Bruce was ahead of them, the doctor already on his way to check on his patient while the others followed. Thor looked much more sober now than he had - Tony wondered if he’d been exaggerating just a little. Or maybe it was just the fact that the blonde god always looked sober whenever his troublemaking brother was involved.

Tony jumped in surprise, dragged out of his thoughts when the kitten - who had taken up residence on Thor’s shoulder - suddenly leapt from its perch and landed flat against the side of the playboy’s face. He dragged the creature away and shoved it back into Thor’s hands with a sigh just as they reached the medical wing.

The god of thunder crossed to the bed while Bruce began checking Loki’s readings.

“Is he well, Banner?” the older of the brothers inquired.

Bruce nodded. “He looks fine, Thor. A little confused maybe thanks to the drugs and he needs rest, but he’s already healing.”

Thor nodded in relief. “You should rest, my friend,” he informed the doctor. “Do not think I do not recall that you have worked long and hard to aid Stark in creating the Tesseract prototype. I will stay with Loki - you should all rest,” he went on, speaking to Steve as well - Tony had already wandered off towards the lab again.

“You should probably get some rest too, Thor,” Bruce pointed out, hesitant to leave the god alone with his brother, knowing that Thor still needed time to fully recover from Loki’s attack back on the Helicarrier.

“I will rest on the morrow, Banner,” the god replied. “You have my word.”

Bruce was still hesitant, sharing a look with Steve before nodding. “Okay. Just have JARVIS call if anything happens, alright?”

Thor nodded and Bruce lingered for a few more seconds before leaving, brushing past Steve to head for his room. On top of being just a little tipsy he was tired and it had been a long, long day.

Content that the physicist had gone Thor set the poptarts aside, cradling the kitten in his arms as he stood over his brother. Loki lay on the unusually comfortable medical bed, arms and legs bound with soft leather straps. He stared at up his brother with dazed and slightly unfocused eyes, dimmed by both previous pain and now drugs.

Swallowing once, the dark-haired god’s lips parted in a crooked smile, whether in malice or unconscious pleasure it was at first hard to tell. “Thor.”

banner by me

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 20th, 2012, 12:36 pm 
Ent
Ent

The god of thunder frowned a little.

"How do you feel, brother?"

There was a beat of silence, then to Thor's shock, the younger god's face broke into a wide smile. He gave a wheezy breath of laughter and flexed his hands.

"How would your health be, brother, if you had been tossed about by an enormous green beast?"

Suddenly, the kitten leaped from Thor's arms to Loki's face. With a mew, it rubbed its side against the god's face, purring loudly. As its tail flicked over Loki's nose, the younger god growled.

"What is this repulsive barbarian, Thor? Send it away at once!"

The fair-haired god automatically shot forward to retrieve the kitten, but it only seemed to be more delighted by Loki's harsh words. Refusing to go back to Thor, the kitten contented itself by curling up on the god's chest. Thor looked surprised. He drew back with a wide smile.

"The beast seems to like you, Loki. The Midgardians call it a cat. Charming, is it not?" He reached out and scratched the kitten behind its ears.

"It is hideous." Loki declared. But the fur ball refused to budge, and continued to stare at the god with wide green eyes. Suddenly, it licked its jaw and yawned widely. Loki jerked back. "Look there! It is baring its fangs at me. I demand you take it away, Thor. I dislike its manipulative mannerisms."

"I believe the creature merely requires sleep. But very well." The god plucked the kitten from Loki's chest anyway. As he set it on top of the nightstand, he spotted the box of pop tarts. His eyes lit up with excitement.

"Brother, you must taste this Midgardian treat." Thor tore the box open and pulled out one of the silver-wrapped packages. Loki narrowed his eyes.

"I will do no such thing."

Thor looked hurt.

"You need not dismiss it immediately, Loki."

But Loki was no longer paying attention to his brother, for his eyes had suddenly glazed over, as if he was finally discovering something.

"Brother?" Thor asked uncertainly. He bent down and peered at the young god closely, his eyes slightly narrowed.

"I feel as though I am floating." Loki said breathlessly. Suddenly, the anger snapped back into his features and he glared at Thor furiously. "What have they done to me? Release me at once!"

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next