Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wanderers
PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 4:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

---------------------
~Caladriel~
Caladriel sighed. "Lessien, it's for the good of everyone. Remember, there's something we can do called teleporting." Caladriel gasped as Elrenia's eyes fluttered. The hand where she had touched the black dust was turning into a bruised color. "Lessien! We're going to have to go soon. Please..." Caladriel said desperately. She felt Elrenia's forehead and quickly drew her hand back. She was burning.
---------------------------
Elrenia
Elrenia still lay unconscious. "Sauron, no. You can't do this!" Her mind desperately screamed, looking for a way out of this. Pitch looked over at her. "Nightmares. They smell fear..." he reminded her. Elrenia turned around and she was engulfed in a cloud of black dust. When her mind's eye cleared, she saw a vision of Minas Tirith. It was black now, and burning. Sauron showed her the view from the Court of the Fountain. The grass was on fire. Her mind's eye zoomed in at a line of prisoners chained in a line that was being lead by a hideous Orc. King Elessar was at the front of the line, followed by citizens of Middle Earth she knew. Elrenia gasped. She turned to Sauron, who laughed. "You and your puny group of wanderers can't stop us." He spat out the word 'wanderers' like it was garbage.
---------------------------------------

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 6:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I was wondering if you where still taking new people, because I would like to join in. I was also wondering if all of these worlds are physically connected, or if they are just connected threw a multiverse type connection, just so I can understand how it worked. Also, just fyi, the Athelas can work in anybodies hands, it's just more effective in the hands of a king, unless that was something that you changed for this story. Just want to make sure that I understand everything that is going on if I'm able to join in.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 8:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yay that's great! Sure Orophin, you can join :D
I guess we just kind of twisted it so that it works better with MIddle Earth kings.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 10:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

:-D Thanks, then all I need cleared up is how the world is set up, whether it is all connected physically, or if it is threw a multiverse/alternate reality type deal. That way I can come up with my character for this rp. Also, would it be ok if my character came from the DC Comics univers, or does he need to be more fantasy based than that, just trying to decide how best to do him, and I was thinking something that showed a little bit of diversity in the group would be a good idea, you know, something other than the fact that he is a guy in a group dominated by females. :goofy: :lol: :innocent: ?

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 5:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Orophin wrote:
:-D Thanks, then all I need cleared up is how the world is set up, whether it is all connected physically, or if it is threw a multiverse/alternate reality type deal. That way I can come up with my character for this rp. Also, would it be ok if my character came from the DC Comics univers, or does he need to be more fantasy based than that, just trying to decide how best to do him, and I was thinking something that showed a little bit of diversity in the group would be a good idea, you know, something other than the fact that he is a guy in a group dominated by females. :goofy: :lol: :innocent: ?

Well our characters are just supposed to be people who have connections with fantasy worlds, not from the places. The world is physically connected, and I don't know what others might think but I imagine it that the Unoccupied Lands are in the center, untouched by everything else.. But sure, your character can have some good connections with the DC Comic Universe. It would be cool because everything else is all novel-based :P Just pour yourself into your character and make yourself comfortable here :D

And by the way, I'm a first-time RPer so I'm not that great :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 10:58 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Torziel Evenstar wrote:
Cauwen greeted Cerita just outside Cair Paravel. "What have you been doing?" she inquired wearily. At that moment she felt inexperienced, vulnerable, and exposed. Useless. Weak. She could feel her knees trembling, her shoulders shaking. When Elrenia caught the Black Breath, she'd realized how perilous this mission truly was. Now... "I'm scared, Cerita," Cauwen confessed. "Is that okay?"

Cerita started as Cauwen spoke to her. She considered the question carefully, wondering how best to answer. On one hand, being a wanderer meant risks, and if you were too scared you could not take those risks. But then again, who was she to judge? Having not yet seen all of the bad things these worlds had to offer, she could not say whether there are things to be afraid of. Cerita shook her head to clear it, then looked Cauwen straight in the eye. "Of course it is," she replied. "We're all scared." She had no idea whether or not this was true, and in all honesty she felt almost a detachment from the situation, though that scared her quite a bit.
(OOC: This post just kinda jumped all over the place, sorry.)

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 11:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

aralas_29 wrote:
---------------------
~Caladriel~
Caladriel sighed. "Lessien, it's for the good of everyone. Remember, there's something we can do called teleporting." Caladriel gasped as Elrenia's eyes fluttered. The hand where she had touched the black dust was turning into a bruised color. "Lessien! We're going to have to go soon. Please..." Caladriel said desperately. She felt Elrenia's forehead and quickly drew her hand back. She was burning.
---------------------------
Elrenia
Elrenia still lay unconscious. "Sauron, no. You can't do this!" Her mind desperately screamed, looking for a way out of this. Pitch looked over at her. "Nightmares. They smell fear..." he reminded her. Elrenia turned around and she was engulfed in a cloud of black dust. When her mind's eye cleared, she saw a vision of Minas Tirith. It was black now, and burning. Sauron showed her the view from the Court of the Fountain. The grass was on fire. Her mind's eye zoomed in at a line of prisoners chained in a line that was being lead by a hideous Orc. King Elessar was at the front of the line, followed by citizens of Middle Earth she knew. Elrenia gasped. She turned to Sauron, who laughed. "You and your puny group of wanderers can't stop us." He spat out the word 'wanderers' like it was garbage.

---------------------------------------

Caladriel, why don't you teleport to Elessar and I will stay here with Elrenia. We must hurry, I fear she is dying!" All Lessiens hidden fears came pouring forth and she sank to the ground in exhaustion. "Oh, I am so tired!" She murmured.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 2:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

~Caladriel~
'Is it possible to bring King Elessar here?' Caladriel thought. She realized that Lessien's patience was running out, so she took out her own special item, a locket, and whispered her destination, Minas Tirith. She was there right away. Caladriel ran all the way up, from the first level to the seventh. By the time she got to the top, she was exhausted. She found Elessar and panting, explained the whole thing. The king of Gondor listened with widened eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 9:49 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arbiter woke up with fears sweat still covering his brow. He quickly got up, and dressed. Once he was done, he pulled his hood over his head, walked out of his room, and headed to the towers control chamber. Nightwing was hard at work at the main computer, going over the current cases files. Arbiter walked over to him, and said "Nightwing, we have an issue. Something is going on in the other realms. I need to leave for a while. Hopefully it wont be anything serious, and I'll be able to be back soon." Nightwing turned around, and he looked up at Arbiter, then said "I understand, if your saying it's important, than I know it's important...have you told her you're leaving yet?" Arbiter took a deep breath, then replied "Not yet, I wanted to put the hardest thing off for last." Nightwing laughed, then said "That makes sense, but you better tell her, she'll kill me if you disappear again without saying anything."

Arbiter turned, and started to walk away, then said "I know, I know, I'm going, I'm going. Even I'm worried about what she might do if I just left." He then quickly headed to Ravens room. When he reached it he knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. Raven answered the door, and said "Kraven, do you have any idea what time it is?" "I know, but I needed to see you Rachel. I've got to leave for a while, and I don't know when I'll be back." he replied. Raven took a deep breath in shock, and said "What your leaving, how serious is it?" Arbiter then said "It's pretty bad. I sense the darkness is moving, but it feels weird. I wont have any real answers until I come back." Raven hasty said "Then let me come with you. You know that I could help you." "I know my love, but if something happened to you out there it would be much harder to get you the help you needed. No, I need you to stay here, and besides, the others will need your help more than me." he answered. She then said sadly "OK, but you better come back to me. Don't make me have to go looking for you, or I will make you regret it." she said the last part if a jokingly playful manner, and then she leaned into him, and kissed him.

"Be safe my heart." she told him. "Anything for you M'lady." he answered her, and then he raised his left hand to his mouth and spoke into the black ring on his middle finger "Cair Paravel, Narnia." he then struck his fist together, allowing the ring from each hand to connect, which activate the portal behind him as he pulled his hands apart. He looked one last time at Raven and then quickly jumped through the portal. He knew that he needed yo go to the land of Narnia, because it stood closest to the source of the darkness, just as the world of heroes was the furthest away. For this very reason it took him some time to make the trip, because the portals weren't instant, their travel time was based on closeness, which always proved to be problematic for him, because where all the other realms where close together, the realm if heroes was distant, and isolated. He steeped throught the other side of the portal right in front of the Great Palace.

When he steeped out he was hit with the breathtaking beauty of the palace, but then he noticed everything else. The palace was in an uproar, and everyone was running to do one thing, or the other. He looked up where a few people where gathered in front of the palace, and said to the group in general, not caring who answered "What has happened. I felt the darkness moving, but I have only just arrived. Someone tell me what's going on here."

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 10:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

Cauwen looked up, troubled. "There has been a spreading darkness, as you probably know. It was strongest here, and Elrenia already caught the Black Breath, so-" Suddenly she froze and toppled backwards unconscious. Something moved behind the group.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 10:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Shadowlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Screamed Lessien. she ran towards the leak working to hold of the shadowlings." Fight!!!!!!!! I can't hold them off alone!!!!!!"turning she ran towards Cauwen and asked a soldier to take her to the fortress." I hope Elessar will get here soon!" She cried." If he doesn't we will be a lost cause."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 12:34 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Just fyi, at this time the first post in this thread has been updated with most of the character bios, including mine, if you want to check them out.)

Arbiter watched the creatures as they came through the leak, and yelled "Foul beasts, back to the darkness with you." He then lifted his hands in front of himself, and a dark shadow covered his whole body. The shadow then stretched forward from his hands, becoming large hands themselves, which where then used to start knocking the Shadowlings back towards the leak. He then shouted "We need a few soldiers to watch Elrenia, it's not safe to move her in her condition. Soldier! You heard Lessien, get Cauwen to safety. Lession I need you, and the rest of the soldiers to hold off whatever ones get past me. We can do this people! NOW FIGHT!" He then sent waves of shadows shooting from his body to throw the Shadowlins back even more.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 8:27 am 
Istari
Istari

'Come on!!!!!!!!!!" Lessien cried and grabbing her bow and the Ring of Shadow she hurried to the leak." Don't let any shadowlings touch you!!!!!!!!!! And you can use fire and light to your advantage!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 10:21 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Cerita's hand automatically went to her daggers, but she remembered her melted spoon and realized that metal would not do much against these monsters. So instead, she grabbed a torch from a nearby wall bracket and ran toward the shadowlings. She was sorely tempted to scream, "For Narnia!" Though she knew it was not quite the appropriate response to the situation at present.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 11:01 am 
Elf
Elf

As the soldier was carrying Cauwen, she regained her consciousness and broke free. "I can fight!" She called as she chased after her friends, but not before grabbing a torch as well.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 2:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

Cauwen!" Lessien cried."What are you doing? You must rest!" She glanced at the leak and raced towards her friend, "We don't know what happened to you, and you are still weak, remember what happened to Elrenia?" She helped Cauwen to a safe spot.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next