Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wanderers
PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 5:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Ooh. I love your posts Orophin. They're awesome :D )

Caladriel
"King Elessar, you must come with me! Elrenia needs help," Caladriel begged. King Elessar nodded, speechless, took some athelas and ordered Eldarion to watch over the place while he was gone. Elessar also warned his son about the leaking shadow, and the king nodded to Caladriel to signal that he was ready to leave. The girl drew out her locket. "Cair Paravel, Narnia," she quickly whispered, and Caladriel and King Elessar appeared in Narnia immediately. The pair were immersed in a fury of shadowlings unexpectedly and the king drew his sword. Anduril was the "Flame of the West" so it harmed shadowlings much more than regular weapons. They fought their way to the place where King Peter and Elrenia were. Caladriel saw her friend and her eyes widened at the shock of seeing her friend in such a state. King Elessar snapped the athelas in half and tossed the weed into a bowl with steaming water. Elrenia's eyes fluttered open.
----------------------------------------------------------
Elrenia
Elrenia sat up, gasping with horror at her visions. Sweat dotted her forehead and she realized taht she was back in Cair Paravel. She gave a sigh of relief and fell back down on the pillows.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 5:41 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Lessien!" Cauwen screamed. "I'm fine, see? I don't have the Black Breath, and I'm not in such a state as Elrenia! I just fainted, that's all! Let me fight!" It was true at first but as she said it she began to feel a little lightheaded. What is wrong with me?, was her last thought as she collapsed once more.

(Idk what the point of what I'm doing here is.... I am just feeling random :goofy:)

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 6:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Thanks, :-D I aim to please. :happy: )

Arbiter noticed when Caladriel, and Elessar showed up, but there was no time to worry about that. He had noticed something was different about the darkness, but he couldn't figure it out at first, and then it hit him. It was "tainted", if you could call something that corrupt tainted in the first place, but that was the best way for his mine to explain it. Still it somehow felt familiar. He sent out shadows in the forms of wolves to chase, and further coral the creatures of the darkness, and then he noticed a few of the best scream in agony. He looked up, and saw that the sun was starting to rise. He laughed, and said "Let's make sure this is another beautiful day." He then directed his shadow arms, waves, and wolves to chase all the creatures back to the leak, witch they all leaped into as they got close to it, so they could escape the sun.

As the creatures where leaving he finally realized why the darkness felt familiar to him. He gasped, and said "The magic from the realm of heroes, how is that possible. He looked more carefully at the leak, and realized that the creatures weren't just running straight into it, but where jumping through, and then dodging either left, or right, to avoid the anger of two people standing on the other side. A woman, and a young teenage boy. The boy looked at the woman, and said "Who is that mother, he looks like someone we've fought before, but that can't be right can it mother? Mother he is ruining my fun. I hate it when people ruin my fun. Stop him mother, stop him now." The woman looked down at the boy and said "He is Arbiter my son. A hero that we have indeed fought before. Me must regroup for now, but we know to watch for him now, so he won't surprise us next time, my young king." She then looked straight at Arbiter, and shouted "Did you hero that, hero. You've lost the element of surprise, and next time things will end very differently." the woman then telleported herself, and her son, somewhere else, most likely to those they where working with.

Arbiter then let all of his shadows dissipate and started to run toward the leak, which the last Shadowling had already jumped through, and so it was being quickly closed from the other side. As he ran faster, trying to reach it before it shut, he let out a long, loud "NOOOO!!!" his hands only hit the wall that the leak had appeared from. He continued to scream, hitting the wall with his fists as he did so "No! No! No! No! No! Mordred, le Fay. I know to watch for you know as well. Ahhhh." with his finale yell he had punched the wall with full force in the center leaving a spiderweb crack in a good portion of the wall. He then turned back to where Caladriel, and Elessar were at, now with an awakened Elrenia, and ran over to them. He lloked at Elrenia, and said "Sorry I was late. Are you felling better know?" He then looked over at Lessien, and Cauwen, just in time to see Cauwen pass out again. Which he responded to by saying in an unbelieving voice "Not again."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 6:50 pm 
Elf
Elf

This time, Cauwen regained her consciousness more quickly. "I'm sorry," she exclaimed. "I've passed out before. But not as frequently as this. Maybe I am just exerting myself too much.... I am considered kinda thin for my age." But she was doubtful.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 11:05 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Come on, and don't be stubborn! You are tired and need to rest at all costs!" Lessien helped Cauwen inside and forced her to rest. The leak is closed, temporarily, I think but you must rest!" Then she turned to Elrenia, Caladriel and Elessar." Are you alright Elrenia?" She asked. Then turning to Elessar and Caladriel" What happened? Will she be okay?" Then she remembered Cauwen." Elessar, something is wrong with Cauwen. Will you come here?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Elf
Elf

Despite Cauwen's exclamations of "I'm fine!" and "Leave me be!", Elessar proceeded to examine her. At first he was puzzled, as nothing seemed to be wrong with her. Then all of a sudden his eyes grew very wide. He turned back to Lessien with some trepidation.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 11:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

"What is it?" Lessien asked quietly with fear in her eye."Is it the Black Breath?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 11:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

"No," said Elessar gravely. "Something even worse."

(Ok can someone help me out here? I don't have any ideas about what my character has???!!!???)

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 11:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

(Ummm, maybe you are turning into a shadowling? I don't know.)
What is it Lessien wanted to scream, but trying to control herself she asked quietly almost in a wisper"But what is it? Can she be cured?" She broke down and began to cry. Life seemed to be spinning, Cauwen hurt, Elrenia hurt, What was going on?In a wisper she asked "Who will be next to get hurt? Me?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 9:03 am 
Elf
Elf

"You will probably not get hurt," said Elessar. "After two people already wounded, you know to be more careful now. As for Cauwen, I know not whether she can be cured. She-"

"What is it?" Cauwen cried fearfully. "What do I have?"

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

"shh!" Lessien said."Stop delaying, Elessar and tell us! We are wasting time!" She glanced out towards the battle field and sighed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 4:14 pm 
Elf
Elf

"She is becoming a shadowling," said Elessar, "and I am afraid that, this time, I cannot help."

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 4:45 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Cerita gasped, her eyes wide. "Surely someone else can help!" She looked around imploringly. "Isn't there a wizard who can cure her? Someone like Gandalf?"

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 5:51 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Can I suggest that you two wait for other people to respond, don't just go back and forth between yourselves. Eruant just responded, and aralas_29 hasen't even been able to respond yet, and the two of you have done almost ten consecutive responses. They also might have had a suggest about what to do with your characters illness if you waited. I understand that you want to get on with the story, but it's just courteous to allow other people the chance to respond. If the thread had been inactive for a few days, and you were trying to get it started back up, then that would be one thing, but just going on like this makes it harder for everyone to have a chance to get really involved. Now turning into a shadowling sounds like an interesting plot twist, but how about her having the chance there, but doing what she can to hold it back, and that way her friends can help her. This post will show how that could work. If you don't like it we can always change it, but lets see how this works out for you.)

"She is becoming a shadowling,"..."She is becoming a shadowling,"...

"He is becoming a shadowling,"..."He is becoming a shadowling," the words echoed in Arbiters mind, which retreated to another time, and then he heared the voice began again "Did you hear me Kraven, your brother is turning into a shadowling." The young boy looked into the eyes of the old docter, and said "Is there anything that we can do, why isn't the darkness effecting me like this? He can't leave me, not him too, he's all I have left, our parents died when that tear opened. Please, you have to do something." "I've done all I can. All we can do know is help him to pass, before he turns into one of those creatures." replied the doctor, sadness clear in his voice. All the boy said to him was "No. You help him, he's not allowed to die."

A few weeks later...

"Stop him, stop him, someone has to stop him" shouted the doctor. Kraven ran up to the shadowling, put his hands up to stop the beast, and shouted with tears in his eyes "NO!!! Brother, Daimen, stop, please." The creature went to attack him, letting out an inhuman screech. "NO!!!" Kraven shouted again, and a dark force blasted out of his hand to engulf the creature, a black ooze was pulled out of the creatures eyes, noes, and tear ducts. Kravens body seemed to act on it's own, using one hand to open a tear to the darkness which he flung the ooze into, sealed the tear, and then the boy passed out.

"How did he do that?" a musical voice asked. The doctor answered "I don't know, but after Kraven passed out his brothers body returned to normal. As far as I can tell....Kraven IS the cure that we have been looking for, if he would have known about his powers sooner....he could have saved his brother. He is the only person to touch the darkness, and live with no ill side effects. Everyone else has died, or been very adversely effected, after coming into contact with it. This is nothing short of a miracle."

The woman looked at Kraven, and smiled, then she said "The young hero has awakened." Kraven scoffed, and said "I'm no hero. I couldn't even save my brother." She smilled to the young boy and said "You didn't even know about your powers yet, but you still stopped him, and you saved everyone here. You may not fell like it know, but you are a hero. You will come to learn that being a hero means looking at those you were able to help, and not dwelling on those you failed to save." Kraven shook his head, and asked "What makes you say that?" The women smiled, then replied "My name is Angelica Brighten, and I'm a Wanderer, and I've come to recruit you."

Arbiter walked forward, and said "Someone can help her...me, and only me." He then walked over to Cauwen and placed his right hand in front of her face, as it was surrounded in shadow. He looked at her, and said "Now this...is really going to hurt...you, and me" He then streached the shadow to wear it covered her face, and then began extracting the black sticky ooze that flowed out from her ears, nose, and tear ducts, the same way it had from his brother so long ago in the past. Cauwen started to convulse in pain, and Elessar grabbed her, and held her still so she wouldn't hurt herself worse, or accidentally hurt someone else. The ooze formed into a black ball which floated between Cauwens face, and Arbiters hand. He then removed the shadow that covered her face, while still holding the ooze in the shadow. He then used his left hand to create a small tear to the darkness that he quickly threw the ooze into, and then tightly resealed. When he was done the shadows disappeared, and he fell to his hands, and knees. He was completely out of breath, but he had done what he could, and now all they could do was wait until Cauwen felt good enough for her to talk to him, so he could explain the way the darkness would effect her in the future now that he had removed all he could.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 7:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Woah. This is awesome. No. EPIC. :) )
~Elrenia~
Elrenia watched with amazement as Arbiter drained the shadow from Cauwen's body. Then she heard screaming. She looked out the window of the castle. "The shadowlings are in the castle! We have to go and fight!" she yelled.
-------------------------------
Caladriel
Caladriel heard Elrenia and turned. The shadowlings were coming. They had to act quickly, but how could they, since two of their company were almost spent? What could they do now against the growing shadow?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2013, 8:34 pm 
Elf
Elf

I will introduce a new character here:
Name: Andriel
Age: 13 (I know, kinda young, but that is what I am going for :))
Appearance : long black hair, violet eyes
Personality: quiet, shy, and smart
Strengths: her intelligence
weaknesses: she is no good with any weapon

Everyone except Cauwen and Elrenia ran off. Cauwen knew not whether they were formulating a plan or attacking the enemy. All she knew was her insides were writhing in emotional torment. Suddenly, as she lay there, sprawled, silent, and unmoving, an unfamiliar girl burst in from behind her. She was tall, thin, and evidently young, with black hair that swept far past her shoulders and big, intelligent violet eyes. Ignoring the startled Elrenia, the girl picked Cauwen up, hoisted her over her shoulder, and carried her off into the forest. "Don't worry,"she whispered when they were a considerable distance away, even though Cauwen was still too weak to cry out. "I'm here to help. My name's Andriel." Nobody noticed Cauwen's absence (yet) except Elrenia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next