Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: To The End [Private]
PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:25 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"You know, most times when a girl tells a guy to get lost she doesn't end up stalking him and trying to steal his stuff," Shaun lowered the gun from where he'd been pointing it and stretched out a hand to help Paige up. She didn't take it, scrambling to her feet and trying to ignore her flushing cheeks.

"I was not stalking you! And if you don't want people to steal your stuff then maybe you shouldn't leave it lying out in the open like that!" She snapped, crossing her arms and trying to look like she didn't care.

"I left it there while I was going for a leak, I mean can you blame me for thinking nobody alive would be around to touch it," Shaun smirked at her, picking up the rucksack and shouldering it. "Where's your friend, Leah?"

"What do you mean, where is she? I thought she was with you!" When she spoke, Paige couldn't help but notice that her voice had a touch of hysteria to it but she couldn't help it, emotions were hard to control these days.

"Why would she be with me?" Frowning, Shaun leaned against a tree as he gazed at her. "I get if you guys got lost, but why would she be with me?"

"She... She wanted us to go with you and I stopped her," she muttered, her voice softer and more defeated now. "She dissapeared when I was sleeping, I thought she might try and find you. I've messed up everything..."

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:30 pm 
Vala
Vala

"Paige!" Rick's voice rang out, and his gun was instantly pulled from his belt, held out in front of him. "Paige!"

Lindsey's face contorted to one of fear and Evan quickly wrapped a protective arm around her. "Lindsey, get in the car, lock the doors, and stay in the front seat," she instructed the now trembling girl.

Although she at first looked like she wanted to object, Lindsey followed the order, having detected the sharpness in Evan's hoarse voice.

Without wasting time, Evan pulled her weapon out too, joining Rick in his slow sprint down the road. "Paige!"

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:39 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Hey, it's okay," Shaun reached out and put a hand on her arm, his touch gentle. "She might be okay, we'll find her, okay? It's not your fault so don't go beating yourself up over it. Some things you can't stop from happening..."

When he said that his face seemed to darken, his eyes losing the mischevious look in them and Paige couldn't help but wonder who he'd lost, who he'd been blaming himself for losing.

She was about to ask him about it when she heard the faint sound of somebody shouting. She turned to run back the way she came, suddenly terrified something had happened to the others but Shaun grabbed her arm again.

"Are you crazy?" He snapped, pulling his gun back out. "You expect me to let you run off unarmed? I don't think so."

Paige tried to say that the people were her friends, kind of, but he had already gone off ahead of her and she had no choice but to follow him towards the sound of shouting.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:42 pm 
Vala
Vala

The second Paige and the stranger came into view, to the right of the road, both Evan and Rick raised their guns, pointing sharply at the male and the male only.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:44 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Paige's heart soared with relief when she saw that Evan and Rick were in one piece, then her chest tightened when she saw they were pointing their guns at Shaun and he was pointing his back at them.

"Wait! Can we please not shoot each other?" She looked from gun to gun, heart hammering.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

"Maybe after you tell us who on earth he is and what he's doing here?" Rick said through gritted teeth, his stance solid. Evan only followed suit, unsure of what else to do. The truth was that she'd never even fired a gun and had little idea of how to use one. The last time she'd ventured out, together with Rick, he'd told her how to aim and how to pull the trigger without getting her hand caught in the action. But she was still clueless.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:51 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"His name's Shaun. We met before when Leah was still with me," Paige replied, her voice shaking when she saw nobody was lowering their guns yet.

"And do I get an explanation as to why you've appeared out of nowhere and now people want to shoot me?" Shaun snapped, sending Paige a dark look.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 2:53 pm 
Vala
Vala

"We were driving alone, minding our own business, when there was... when we stopped." Rick threw a glance at Evan and she was grateful for him not spilling the beans about her breakdown to this dark-haired stranger. "I'm Rick."

"I'm Evan," she added, lowering the gun slightly but only after seeing Rick do the same.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 4:56 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Paige saw the hesitation flicker across Shaun's face before he put his gun away also and then he relaxed, his face breaking out in an easy smile. The smile looked natural on his face, Paige couldn't help but notice and she relaxed as well.

"I'm Shaun Mason," he stretched out his hand for Evan and Rick to shake. "Pleased to meet more survivors."

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:03 pm 
Vala
Vala

Although she was still hesitant about the situation, the memories of other survivors burning fresh in her mind, Evan shook Shuan's hand, as did Rick. The friendly and welcoming expression Rick'd had on his face when he first met Evan and Lindsey was gone, replaced with a grim expression of authority. It struck Evan then how protective he already felt about his new companions, and how as a sheriff he was not about to let someone else storm in and take charge. She figured that was why he looked so cautious, even at the friendly gesture of shaking the stranger's hand.

"So what's your plan?" Rick asked, his gun still out, but completely lowered.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Well, I was in the South of England when it hit and I worked there for a bit, trying to help other survivors, contact people and see if it was happening everywere. Then my group... Well there's just me now," he looked awkward for a second, then recovered. "So I had my bike and I decided to head North. I had a contact in Wales who said the situation was useless there, so North was my best bet."

Paige watched him talk, wondering again what had happened with him. It was funny how situations like this banded people together yet they were really all still strangers in some ways.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:21 pm 
Vala
Vala

Rick nodded. "We've got a truck. We're also heading North. You're welcome to join us if you'd like."

Evan shifted her weight, brushing some of her tangled hair out of her face. Her cheeks ached from the previous tears and she realized she must look worse than usual, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. They all looked terrible, there wasn't much they could do about it. Her insides itched to get back to the truck, to make sure Lindsey was okay.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Paige looked at Rick, wondering about him. He seemed to be developing a habit of inviting strangers to come with him. He seemed to be a much more trusting person than Paige was and she admired him for that, which surprised her. She looked at Evan, wondering if she'd protest.

"Y'know that'd be pretty good. My bike's pretty much nearly all out gas though if you siphon the last of it out you're welcome to it. Guessing you're not from around here either, Rick?" Shaun's seemed to find it easy to talk to them, so different from Paige's awkwardness and anger.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:31 pm 
Vala
Vala

"From Georgia, the States," Rick replied. Evan had wrapped her arms around herself to keep warm, and was watching the exchange with both annoyance and confusion. She'd have preferred the stranger not to come with them, but this decision she left up to Rick. "I was thinking you could keep your bike - it could be handy to have two vehicles. We're almost out of gas too, but we could head somewhere and try to find more?"

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I'm from Wisconsin myself," Shaun nodded at Rick. "And sure, I'm more than happy to keep my bike. It's what I'm used to, my sister would drive the van and I'd go ahead on my bike. No idea how long I'll be able to drive on it but I guess with the lot of us looking for gas it'll go a lot quicker."

Adjusting his bag on his back, Shaun smiled at Paige before heading back to his bike, calling over his back that they should head back to their car and meet him back here.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Evan didn't hesitate, she left the other two behind and dashed back to the truck; recklessly. When it came into view her heart stopped as she saw the zombie clawing at the metal and the glass, attempting to get to the girl inside.

"Rick!" Evan cried and then pulled her gun out, as the creature turned its attention towards her. It was some 50 feet away and yet it felt like it was already upon her. She held the weapon out in front of her, every second feeling like an hour, and aimed. "Please god, please god, please god," she ranted. Then she pulled the trigger, missing the creature with a foot as it rushed towards her.

Her heart had now started beating again, violently crashing against her ribcage. 40 feet. 30 feet. She aimed again. Before she could pull the trigger she felt familiar hands wrap around her from the back, hands cupping hers, steadying the weapon. She could breathe in the scent of Rick, and it dizzied her as she tried to focus.

"Deep breath," he instructed, hands guiding hers. "Deep breath, and while you hold it, fire. Line the shot up, right there, like that."

When the gunshot hollered through the air the creature was 20 feet away and Evan hit it straight in the face, blowing a hole in the back of its skull, blood gushing out on the pavement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next