Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dystopia!
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2013, 10:20 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okay, so obviously this RP is going to be set in a dyspotian future (this, for those who don't know, usually means that things look amazing but really everyone is oppressed/ drugged/ something else bad). So, for this RP, it's going to be a fairly "normal" dystopian society. The government is corrupt, and made up of one high council of middle aged white guys, who discriminate against anyone different. This includes blacks, women, Asians, and others. Anyone who is not white and male is not allowed to get an education, and are usually forced to take the worst jobs, and are not paid much. One way to beat the system is to get married to a white guy, but then they still don't have any rights.

However, this does not agree with some people, called the Resistance. It's made up of all types, be it black, female, or yes, even some white guys. They want to overthrow the government and form a democracy, though some within their midst have other intentions...

Please join!

Characters

Name: Heliana (female)
Appearance and race: A white girl with dirty blondish hair and grey eyes. She's almost abnormally tall for a girl at this time, around 5' 7".
Job: Maid for Mr. Poker, who is a member of the high council. And, of course, she's in the Resistance.
Other: She was taught to read and write in secret by her mom, but then her dad found out. He liked her mother enough to send Heliana to another family per her mother's last request, but he turned her mother in to the enforcers of this world, the Plice. Heliana never saw her mother again, and when she became older, she understood why her father could turn in her own mother in this society, and what Heliana could do to stop it. That's when she joined the resistance, and she's been with them ever since.

Name: Mallory
Appearance/Race: Asian, with long curly black hair and intelligent brown eyes.
Job: Maid.
Other: her mother died in childbirth, and her father, after teaching her to read and write, died when she was 3. He was mysteriously murdered. Mallory was sent to an orphanage where she was ridiculed and mistreated by the owners and white male peers along with her newfound best friends, an African American boy and a white girl. Ten years later, the resistance found her and she left the orphanage....and her friends.

Name: Dante Angelus
Appearance & Race: 6' tall, with a broad muscular body, but still slim, White, well shaved head and face with a strong squared jaw. Usually dresses in black military combat attire.
Other: The sun of a military commander. Dante has been trained in military strategy, command, and procedure, for his whole life. Being the first born it was his job to care on the line both genetically, and the family carrier. He was engaged to a young women from a political family, but he embarrassed his father by refusing to marry her, and then he embarrassed him again when he refused to join the military. Instead choosing a carrier as a civil overseer so h could help the less fortunate, because he believed that they were being treated unjustly. He met, and joined the rebellion through his job connections.

Last edited by Eruant on April 28th, 2013, 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dystopia!
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2013, 10:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

I will join but I am busy now and will post a character later. :)

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2013, 10:41 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Perfect. And YAY, someone joined! :)

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 12:00 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I like the idea also, and would like to join too, but I will have to wait for a little bit before I post a profile, because I'm going to need to create a whole new character for this one.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 7:46 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okay, that's fine. :)

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 5:19 pm 
Elf
Elf

Name: Mallory
Appearance/Race: Asian, with long curly black hair and intelligent brown eyes.
Job: well, what kind of job would she have?
Other: her mother died in childbirth, and her father, after teaching her to read and write, died when she was 3. He was mysteriously murdered. Mallory was sent to an orphanage where she was ridiculed and mistreated by the owners and white male peers along with her newfound best friends, an African American boy and a white girl. Ten years later, the resistance found her and she left the orphanage....and her friends.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 5:50 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I added your character :). And just so you know, the jobs would be something like a janitor, plumber, maid, street cleaner... Something in the service sector, if that makes sense.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 6:00 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ok, my character's job is maid then.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2013, 6:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okay :)

PostPosted: April 26th, 2013, 9:37 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Once Orophin gets his character up, we can probably get this thing up and running.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2013, 9:50 pm 
Elf
Elf

Hope it's soon. I can't wait! :teehee:

PostPosted: April 27th, 2013, 2:41 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Name: Dante Angelus
Appearance & Race: 6' tall, with a broad muscular body, but still slim, White, well shaved head and face with a strong squared jaw. Usually dresses in black military combat attire.
Other: The sun of a military commander. Dante has been trained in military strategy, command, and procedure, for his whole life. Being the first born it was his job to care on the line both genetically, and the family carrier. He was engaged to a young women from a political family, but he embarrassed his father by refusing to marry her, and then he embarrassed him again when he refused to join the military. Instead choosing a carrier as a civil overseer so h could help the less fortunate, because he believed that they were being treated unjustly. He met, and joined the rebellion through his job connections.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 27th, 2013, 2:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

Eruant can we start now?? :teehee:

PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 10:12 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Yep! And by the way, feel free to have more than one character :). )

Heliana shuffled along the street, her feet dragging on the pavement. It had been a long day, and she just wanted to lie down and sleep, letting her mind forget the troubles of the world, at least for a while. However, this was obviously not to be, as she soon found out. She felt a hand close around her wrist and pull her into an alley, and with all her tiredness forgotten, Heliana raised her hand and prepared to strike out.

"No, don't, it's me Heliana, it's me!" Heliana lowered her hand in amazement. "Drake?" She hissed, moving further into the alley. "What are you doing here? You know that it's not your neighborhood! If anyone catches you..." Drake was African-American, and thus lived in another part of the city.

"I know, I know, but you didn't have your comms and we had to find you. We're having an emergency meeting," he said, looking worried. "Everyone has to be there." Heliana began to walk quickly toward headquarters as she asked him what it was about.

"I don't know, they just said it was important and that everyone should attend," Drake said as they passed into another part of town. He abruptly took a left turn onto another street and knocked on a window, then darted back into the alley.

"What are you doing?" Heliana asked curiously. "Two other people didn't have their comms as well," Drake replied, never taking his eyes off the window. "I need to get them before the meeting begins." Heliana simply nodded and turned her eyes to the window, wondering why in the world this meeting was so important.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 11:37 am 
Elf
Elf

"Heliana?" A tall, thin Asian girl stood behind her. Mallory. "What's going on?" Mallory asked, bewildered.
(Um, I don't mean to sound stupid.... buuut..... what are comms?)

PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 5:08 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(I just [Kinda] made them up, Torziel :). They are communication devices, which I imagine as a tiny flesh colored pod inserted into the ear, so it's as unobtrusive as possible. Sounds kind of gross when I explain it, but...)

Heliana jumped and whirled around, once again ready to lash out if need be. She took a deep breath when she realized that it was only Mallory. "Apparently some people didn't have their comms, and there's a meeting on we all need to attend." Drake spoke quietly with an Asian man who had just climbed out of the window that Drake knocked on. The man nodded and ran back into the alley, and was soon swallowed by darkness. Drake turned around and didn't seem at all surprised to see Mallory there. "Ah, good," he said to her. "You were the other one we needed to see. I assume Heliana has filled you in?"