Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 12:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: Oh no! Well, I guess if you were nearly brought to tears while writing that scene, then it was definitely important and a need. I was so shocked while I was reading it, and I was seriously hoping that Roldin or Cyril would come and save her. :( It was so sad reading that scene because I really had gotten to know/love her and her character. Ah! It was so intense. But yes, I will definitely be purchasing your next book.
And speaking of books...I haven't added to my story yet, but I plan to work on it sometime this weekend, so....hopefully I'll be able to send you some stuff. )

Riley looked back at Jaxson and noticed his hands ball into fists by his side. She put her hand on his arm and shook her head and whispered quietly.
"It's okay, I just...I thought I recognized her as my nurse...."
She shivered as the memory of being pinned down and being taken care of without any numbing medicine jolted through her mind.
"I...I'm not sure if it is though. But...even if it is, what if we could persuade her to help us?"

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 1:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

( OOC: Yes, I worked on that book off and on for about 5 years and developed Leila as a character quite a bit even outside the book, so it was a hard thing to do. I have the second book partially written but it has been a long while since I had the chance to work on it. I keep thinking I need to get back to that.
That would be cool! :) I look forward to getting the next part of your story. :D Just message me with it whenever you have it ready!)

Jaxson glanced back, anger flickering in his eyes with a hint of fear behind it. "What if she tells... him? Is it safe to speak with her?"

He looked back to Riley, and relaxed as her hand settled on his arm. He placed his other hand on hers as it rested on his arm. "I guess if Henry treats her anything like he treats us... she might want out just as bad. I don't know her... what do you think?"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 1:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: How you wrote her definitely showed your admiration/love for her character, which made me really admire her too. Seriously, she was such a great character. Also, I don't think I mentioned it, but I LOVED that Elwin turned out to be the villain. So good. :) // Will do! :))

Riley looked up at Jaxson with uncertainty in her eyes and she shrugged.
"I...I don't know. It is very possible that she would tell him, but I'm willing to bet that she wouldn't if we-"
She was interrupted by a rather familiar voice speaking to her in her mind.
Change of plans, kiddos. It's time to do the exchange now, so get over here.
Riley furrowed her brows and set her jaw as his voice echoed in her mind.
"Exchange?"
She asked out loud, wondering what he meant.
"I'm not sure if we'll have time to talk with her, Jaxson. Henry wants us back."

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 12:35 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

( OOC: Well I am glad that came through! It's easy to connect to my own characters because I know more about them than the average reader. I sometimes wonder whether I add enough of who they are. I'm happy to know there was enough for you to get to know/like Leila. Yes, I did feel Elwin had it coming so to speak. I felt setting the stage for his dislike at the first of the book would lay good groundwork and then letting him fade for a long time theough the following chapters would let the "obviousness" of his villany, if you will, get lost in the back of the readers mind only to be jerked forwards again in the end chapters into a realization of what was there infront of them the entire time. Anyhow.... lol I'll stop rambling or I'll end up writing a book right here and now! :p

Look forward to getting your message with the next part of your story! )

Jaxson looked at Riley quizically as she stopped mid scentence and his countenance grew grim. "Looks like it's time to get down to business then." He got up, a scowl painted on his face. Jaxson's appearance softened as he offered Riley a hand as she got out of her seat. "Whatever happens, I want this plan to suceed. One way or another. I'm tired of running and tired of complying. Just in case I-we..." he trailed off and gazed deep into Riley's eyes. "Just in case things go wrong..." he leaned in, ignoring the bystanders around them, and kissed Riley gently on the lips. "I want you to remember this. I want you to remember us." He spoke, his lips still brushing against Riley's.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 1:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: Yes, it definitely came through. :) I look forward to reading your next book! :)
About that....I am having a bit of a writers block, but I'm going to try and power through it and write this afternoon...so hopefully you'll get something later this afternoon?)

Riley let out a breath and took Jaxson's hand and when she stood up, she found herself getting lost in the depth of his eyes and the warmth of his embrace.
"Jaxson..."
She muttered after he kissed her.
"Of course I'll remember us."
She shivered as her lips brushed up against his as she whispered.
"I will never forget you, for as long as I live."

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 10:01 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

( OOC: Cool. :) No worries, I know all too well that struggle. I'm sure your inspiration will be back in short order. ;) )

Jaxson smiled at Riley's words, seeming satisfied that at least they would always be together in spirit. He nidded his head and leaned his forehead against hers for a few seconds then painfully said the words he loathed to let slip through his lips. "I guess we should get going..."

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 10:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: I lied.....I totally wasn't able to push through....at all. Perhaps one day this week? Who knows? XD )

Riniel reluctantly let go of Jaxson, but when she opened her eyes, she noticed something odd in his expression. Regret? Guilt? She blinked quickly and took his hand in hers as they walked out of the cafe and back down the street towards the office.
They walked in silence for a while until they saw Henry and the large bald man waiting outside. The large man standing next to Henry held what looked a large black book in his hand. Riley raised a brow at the odd book, then glanced up at Jaxson and squeezed his hand before Henry greeted them cordially.
"Ah, you made it back. So glad you could make it to our exchange!"
Riley shivered as Henry hugged them both but was relieved once he urged them to follow him.
Alright, here's what's going to happen. We are going to meet this creep in a park. Riley, I want you to sit on the bench near his and keep your eye on him, but make sure he doesn't see you. Jaxson will be with me in case I need him, got it kids?
Riley glared at Henry but nodded and answered him quickly. As they neared the park, she saw the man who they were going to meet and she shivered again. All the faith she had in this plan suddenly went out the window. Something didn't seem right...
After they rounded the corner, Henry pushed Riley ahead of them and told her to go to the bench, which was on the man's left side. Henry then walked into the park and met the man with a sarcastic smile.
"Alright, do you have everything you promised Kurt?"
Kurt nodded nervously as he reached into his pocket to turn on his cell phone to record. He glanced over at Jaxson then back to Henry and shifted the weight on his feet.
"Could you...could you tell me everything you needed? I...I just want to make sure everything's in order."
Henry squinted his eyes and put his hands in his pockets then pulled out some mints and popped one in his mouth.
"I think we both know what I wanted Kurt. I just want to be on good terms with you and your company."
Henry said with snakelike slyness.
Kurt swallowed nervously and his eyes shifted to Jaxson again before he nodded and held out his briefcase.
"I'm glad that your company will see us as friends, Henry. Aren't you?"
Henry smiled wickedly as he took the briefcase before handing it to the bald man who gave him the black book.
"In exchange for your...friendliness, I would like to give you this, as a token of our appreciation."
Henry gave the book to Kurt who took it and opened it. It was then that he saw the threat inside with a picture of his wife and children. His mind went blank as he looked at the syringe that was nestled in the binding, then he looked up at Jaxson, then to Henry, then back to Jaxson.
"I'm...sorry."
He muttered as he walked over to Riley and stabbed her in the neck with the syringe, pushing the clear liquid down the tube until it was gone.
Riley gasped and tried to stand up, but the liquid was already beginning to take its effect. She brought her hands to her head as she felt her mental energy begin to drain, and when she looked up, her vision began to blur. She tried to push a thought into Henry's mind, but the action just drained her even more, causing her vision to become dark.
"Jaxson?!"
She began to panic as she felt her memories being slowly stripped away from her.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 1:36 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

( Ah, well, whenever you get the inspiration back I guess. :) I know it can be hard at times.)

Jaxson looked puzzled at the exchange and when he noticed the man moving towards Riley he called out. "What are you doing?" He rushed over to stop the man but Henry grabbed him by the arm. With a solid yank he ripped free of Henry and rushed over to Riley. Jaxson grabbed Kurt and threw him asside but it was too late. The syringe went flying into the distance, lost in a bunch of bushes and empty.

"What did you do?!" Jaxson demanded, looking back and forth between Riley and Kurt.

He knelt down beside Riley as she called out his name and he held her in his arms. As he looked into her eyes, however, it was as if she was changing into another person right before his eyes.

"Riley... don't forget me..." he whispered softly.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 11:41 am 
Ent
Ent

Riley watched in shock as Jaxson shoved Kurt aside and knelt down beside her. "I won't, Jaxson...I...I prom-" She said quickly before the memories of their first introduction to each other started to fade away. As the memory faded, Riley widened her eyes in fear and pushed Jaxson forcefully away as she scrambled to stand up.
"Get away from me!"
As she stood up, she backed away from him and looked up as Henry made a slow approach towards her. She furrowed her brows in confusion, but after giving him a once over, she raised a brow.
"Sir, what....what are you doing here? What....what am I doing here? Did I...did I complete a mission or something?"
Henry smiled wickedly and nodded his head.
"Yes my dear, you did complete a mission. All you did was show this boy here what it really means to work for me, and guess what? He has decided to leave us, so, if you wouldn't mind...showing him the way...?"
Riley furrowed her brows but guessed his meaning and bore intensely into Jaxsons' eyes. As she gazed into his eyes, something struck her about him. He was different. He was....familiar. But how? She felt uneasy about telling this man to kill himself, so she quickly altered her order.
Run.
She ordered voicelessly.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2017, 11:48 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson said nothing. It his eyes begged for Riley to remember him. Whether it was simply in her heart or whether his pleading worked he didn't know, but when she pushed the thought into his head it wasn't what Henry was telling her to do.

Jaxson tried to fight Riley's thought... he didn't want to run. He didn't want to leave her. Try as he might, though, he could feel her mind forcing the command through. Before he sucumbed to her pushed thought he determined to do two things.

First he looked to Riley and said quickly. "I'll never forget you Riley. Please remember all the times we shared together. I love you."

Then he took off running, but as he did his hands burst into flames and he threw two large fire balls right at Henry as he darted off towards the closest crowd of people that he could get lost in.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 8:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hey friend! I just wanted to apologize for the lack of activity here on the forum. Like I said in the other thread my husband and I had friends over the weekend, so things got a bit busy. Aand....I haven't written anything for my book....story...thing. But I'm going to try and get some writing done this week, so hopefully there'll be some progress for you to read?? )

Two things happened that Riley wasn't expecting, and they all happened so fast that she hardly felt as if they had happened at all.
But when this mans' voice reached her ears, something within her stirred. She stepped back and searched his eyes, confused at his word; and before she could ask him anything, this mysterious man was suddenly off and shooting fireballs at Henry.
Fire?
Riley turned as she heard Henry's voice, frantically crying out for help to extinguish the flames. She was about to help him, when she felt the larger man push past her and lead Henry to safety.
She stood all alone for what felt like minutes. No one was there. No one was telling her to do anything or to go anywhere. Now her thoughts began to unravel as she thought of the man who shot fire from his hands.
He was like her but....somehow he was...different.
And he said that he....loved her? But how? She didn't know him....or did she?
Then, something faint began to stir within her memories. It was very vague, but she thought she saw a tunnel...? And...gunshots?! But then safety....and...snacks?
What?
Riley took a breath then glanced up as she heard her name being called by Henry's bodyguard.
Run.
She didn't know where she would go, but she obeyed her instincts.
So she ran.
She looked ahead and followed in the mysterious mans' footprints and ran into the crowd.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2017, 3:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(It's all good! I had a lot going on through and around the 4th as well. Hope you guys had a good visit with friends. :) Like I said with the story, don't rush yourself if it's not flowing but when you do have something I'd love to read it. :) Look forward to it. )

Jaxson had not gone far. After being sure he had lost Henry and his crony he had doubled around to try and get a view of them from another angle. Somewhere he felt he would be safe. He hadn't seen Riley's reaction, there had been no time. He did, however, see her run off in the same direction he had. He could only assume she was following him. Why was she following him? That was the question. Was it because something inside of her had truly held on to their memory or was it because Henry had ordered her to hunt him down. He sighed and headed back the way he came. He knew one thing for sure... he couldn't live with himself if he didn't do everything in his power to help Riley remember... to get back what they had been able to share, though for such a short time.

He circled back through the city and around a distant block of tall buildings where he knew he could not be seen by Henry or his men. Once he arrived back to the area where he had last seen Riley heading he stopped and looked around. There were so many people... he wasn't sure if he would see her even if she was there. Noticing a bench along one of the sidewalks he decided to chance making a spectacle of himself. He stood up on the bench and looked around frantically, browsing through the sea of faces to try and spot Riley, praying she wasn't after him to do Henry's bidding.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2017, 10:11 pm 
Ent
Ent

As soon as Riley made it into the swarm of bodies walking to and fro her eyes darted across each of the faces, hoping to find the mysterious man. But she quickly realized that it was hopeless; There were too many people!
A groan of frustration issued from her lips, but it was then that she thought she heard something. It was very faint, as if someone was calling her name from behind a very far wall. Riley closed her eyes and focused on the sound then opened her eyes and ran towards the noise.
Why she was running towards this mysterious noise was a mystery to her, but as she ran, the voice became clearer and more precise until finally she saw the mysterious man standing on a bench looking out at the sea of faces.
As Riley looked up at him something akin to a memory slowly began to light in her mind.
"Are you....okay?"
She asked as she walked towards the bench.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2017, 1:31 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Riley?" Jaxson looked to her, hoping filling his eyes. "Do you... remember?"

He stepped down off the bench and approached her. He wanted to hug her, or at least to take her hands... but he didn't. Not yet. Not until he was sure it would not startle her.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2017, 10:30 pm 
Ent
Ent

As she looked at him, Riley couldn't help but feel confused. Everything felt so strange about following this man and talking to him, but at the same time, it felt right. Like she had known him before. She pushed her hand nervously through her hair and shifted on her feet as she shook her head.
"Look, I...I don't know who you are. But you obviously know me....after what you said at the park....I'm sorry, I know it sounds crazy, but...I followed you here because I...well I heard...I heard your voice..in my head."
She glanced down at the ground nervously and kicked a small pebble away with her shoe, then she looked back up at him.
"So to answer you're question, no. I don't. But...I feel as if I know you from....somewhere...but I just....I-I-I'm sorry...I don't remember."

PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 9:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson sighed and his heart sunk as Riley strugled through her words. He sighed heavily and thought for a moment.

"Henry made you forget," he told her. "But I- we... loved eachother. I know you lived with your parents down in the suburbs in Tennessee. You told me you had a pretty normal life, worked at a coffee shop downtown, and sang at some open mic nights."

He was afraid to tell Riley too much of their plan out of concern that she might tell Henry out of fear for her life but he decided to tell her their plan and any other tid bits about her he had learned in their conversations. He hoped it would bring back memories.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next