Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 5:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hey Jax! I am so sorry for spacing for the past few days; life just got a bit crazy for me. :blink: But alas, I am back. Also-and I know this is super random....but how're you?)

Riley sighed softly as she stared up into his eyes.
"I know. I wish we had met normally too." The corner of her mouth lifted into what appeared to be a smile, but then it vanished as she heard Henry's voice in her head. Tick, tock, tick, tock. You'd better hurry, dearie.
She didn't realize it until after his voice faded from her mind that she had been gripping Jaxsons' hand hard. She took in a breath and blinked.
"Did....did you hear him?"

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 7:00 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(No worries, life seems to like to do that. Lol It's good to have ya back. I'm doing... ok I guess. Lol Had a hard day at work. How about yourself? :) )

Jaxson gave a forced smile of his own but it too quickly faded. He felt Riley grasp his hand tightly and too heard that dreadful voice. After the words faded and Riley looked at him with her question he nidded, a grim expression on his face. "Yeah... I heard it." He looked ahead at the wall with a blank stare for a while. Slowly he turned his gaze back to Riley. He said nothing but he looked as though he were waiting for an answer of some kind. He kept her hand in his as a sad expression filtered into his eyes.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 7:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Thanks for being so understanding. I'm glad to be back! :) I'm sorry to hear about your day at work...that's never any fun. But hey, at least you're able to relax now...?? I'm pretty good, hungry though and I'm debating on whether I should put any effort into making dinner, or if I should go for ease.....--example: make Cauliflower crust pizza....or eat a bowl of ice cream....*don't judge me* lol)

Riley met his gaze and cringed inwardly as she saw the sadness in his eyes. She didn't say anything for a long moment, only because she didn't know where to begin. But as she searched his eyes a pang of guilt struck her. He deserved answers. A tear rolled down her cheek as she began.
"Henry has....only a few abilities. And they aren't very strong....and...and they aren't even his to begin with." Goosebumps rose on her arms as she spoke. "He has the ability to basically transfer the....talent, or power...or...whatever you call what we have....away from us and into himself...and when he does that...well, we usually die. And...after a few incidents of this happening, he came up with a serum...to revive us....but when he does revive us....the person is....well...looses the memory of the people they love."
Riley glanced down at their hands, not realizing how much she'd been crying.
"It happened to me....except....well....I was the exception. He couldn't take my ability away. He just took my life." A breath escaped her lips and she looked up at him.
"I'm sorry....I don't know why I told you that. It wasn't even what you were asking." She blinked, then released her hand from his grip and wiped her tears away. Her shoulder ached as she moved her arm, but she didn't care. The pain was beginning to die.
"He knows that we're going to come back. I mean, we have too....." she trailed off, but then continued after a moment of thinking "If we go back to him, we're going to have to surrender to him. Just temporarily. Usually he never...well.......normally he doesn't ask us to kill anyone....he uses us for politics or to gain something from a major client."
It was as she spoke that an idea came to mind.
"Jaxson, all we have to do is get into his files on his computer. He has everything on it. The scandals, the...program....everything. All we'd have to do is get it out into the public....then he would be overwhelmed. The police would get involved and the rest of us would be protected from him."
Her eyes lit up slightly as she gazed into his eyes.
"We could do it."

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 8:48 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

( No worries, I've had plenty of busy times where I have to take a break. Eh... not yet... got to balance the checkbook... been putting that off for three months... @_@ Haha, don't worry I won't judge! I ate a whole half gallon of ice cream for supper last Sunday! Lol I rarely feel ambitious enough ro make pizza.)

Jaxson listened as Riley spoke. He didn't know what to say... he was afraid of that happening to him. Forgetting his dead family wouldn't be all bad... the pain would go away at least. Forgeting Riley... he didn't know if he could let that happen.

As she wiped away a tear Jaxson reached up and dried another from her cheek. "I'm so sorry..." Jaxson wasn't sure what else to say at the time.

Then Riley offered a plan, a plan that if executed could shut Henry down for good. It sounded like a good plan, but the risks... again he thought of forgetting Riley. "But what if... what if he takes my abilities and I forget you?"

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hm, I remember when I used to work at Starbucks....man...those days were crazy sometimes. Especially on the holidays. Eek. Oh gosh....is it bad to say that I haven't balanced my checkbook in....over 6 months...?? It's so easy to just leave it online, ya know? Probably not the best thing to do though... :blink: So, I definitely did not feel like making pizza, so green beans and garlic it was...and now I'm pulling out a pint....of ice cream! :) )

Riley searched his eyes and the corner of her lips tilted up into a small smile as she felt his warm fingers brush the tears from her cheek. Her smile faded as she shook her head.
"Jaxson, he wouldn't do that to you....you're too valuable to him...and me....besides, I wouldn't let him do that to you." A breath escaped her lips as she began to lift her other arm. Though the pain was dull, it was still evident in her eyes that it hurt. But she didn't care.
As she lifted her arm, she reached up and gently laid a hand on his arm.
"We just have to make him think that we are desperate....which, we are...in a way..."

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 10:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Yup, holidays are always nuts in jobs like that. Used to work a register and a subway line at a gas station and it was the same way.
Lol well, at least you have it online... I've never even got that far. I have my checkbook records and that's it. Green beans and garlic sound good... and of course ice cream does too... and sorry for the corny joke but i can't help it but.... "Pints... they come in pints?! I'm getting one!" )

Jaxson nodded. "Well... I guess desperate would be an easy thing to convince him of. As long as you are confident in the plan and... sure he won't make me forget you, I'll go with it." He smiled as she put a hand on his arm but it faded... he could see the pain in her eyes. He shook his head and cringed noticeably, looking at her shoulder. "I can't believe I got you shot... I'm so sorry. Is there anything i can get you?"

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 11:09 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Oh gosh, yes. I feel so badly for people who work in retail during the holidays. That's why I try not to go shopping over Christmas and Black Friday, ya know. Guh, especially Black Friday. The Starbucks I worked for was actually inside a Target, and I remember just seeing a line of people waiting as I put on my apron. Eesh. Then I switched to substitute teaching for a while. Which is a totally different creature in itself. Oh man. I definitely would be more apt to updating my checkbook if I didn't have anything online. And I probably should....tomorrow! :) Oh my gosh, yes. I LOVE Merry and Pippin. They are my spirit animals. :lol: )

Riley smiled as he spoke of what she was thinking. They wouldn't need to act desperate in front of Henry; it would all come naturally. She was about to validate his trust in her when she saw him cringe. She glanced down at his arm, then slid her hand down to meet his other hand. As her hand moved down to meet his, she felt a slight relief from the pain in her shoulder.
"It's not your fault that I was shot, Jaxson. I...I was the one who instigated the escape anyways." As the pain dulled again, Riley entwined her fingers through his and blushed slightly.
"I just need you by my side.....and maybe some food." She smiled and looked up at him with a lighthearted twinkle in her eye.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 11:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Yeah, same here. I honestly can say I have never been shopping on black friday and rarely around Christmas time. Lol, I don't know if i could do teaching. It takes too much... mental patience and longevity. Lol. Yes, tomorrow is a good day to do many things! ;) haha, indeed, Merry and Pippin and great.

Well, off to bed after this post. I have not been feeling so great the past few weeks so i need to get some extra sleep and try and get over this sickness that keeps hanging on. It was fun chating, though, and I'm enjoying the RP! )

Jaxson looked down, he still felt like it was his fault even though she said it wasn't. He always felt like he was to blame for the bad things that happened... especially to those he cared about. He felt his heart pick up it's pace as she entertwined her fingers in his and he looked up at her, gazing into her eyes. For a long while he said nothing. He wanted to say many things but they all stuck in his throat and he decided he best take things slow between them. After all, they had just met earlier that morning.

Finally he calmed his nerves a little, still holding on to Riley's hand. "I can make that happen. Both, I mean... It's-" he paused. "I'll go grab you some food." He said, but he still stood there looking into her eyes.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 11:00 am 
Ent
Ent

(Yeah, and if I do go out to a mall or something during the Christmas holiday, I always regret it. First of all, because there are usually a ton of people out doing last minute shopping, and secondly, because I usually always get stressed out when other people are stressed out or rushing me. Ugh. But yes, subbing can be....quite challenging. Especially when you have a group of unruly children/middle schoolers. :blink:
Oh man, well I do hope you feel better. I've enjoyed chatting with you and our RP as well! *Note: Please let me know if I am talking your ear off and you want me to stop. I don't want to bore/bother you or anything. )(Also, I think our characters make a really adorable pair. )

Riley smiled and her eyes lit up as he spoke; as he gazed into her eyes and held her hands, she felt safe and warm. After a few moments of gazing at each other in silence, Riley rubbed the top of his thumb with hers and spoke.
"I'll be okay if you go somewhere. I promise."

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 9:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

( Sorry for the late reply but I had an appointment to do taxes after work and then stopped by to visit with my mom since she has a shop in the same town.

Yup, same here. The times I have needed to shop during that time I always hate it... more than I dislike shoping normaly. Lol. I can only imagine with the subbing. I bet the kids cause even more trouble for a sub than they do for the regular teacher!

:) Not at all. I always enjoy chating. Online anyways... I don't do much chatting in real life. :p And yes, I think they do make a cute couple. Most of my characters I can generaly imagine what type of person they would end up with. I have ised Jaxson a little bit before and I could never really "fit" him with anyone. Riley seems to be an excelent compliment to him)

Jaxson nodded, subconsciously glancing at her shoulder. "I know... sorry." He shrugged, still fighting back his nerves. "I'll got grab something. Anything specific?"

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 10:09 pm 
Ent
Ent

(No need to apologize! That's cool that your mom has a shop. Would it be to intrusive if I asked what kind of shop it was?
And yes, subbing is...well, was a huge challenge. Especially when the kids goofed off because 'oh, there's a sub today...' It's kind of funny because one of the students I subbed for goes to the same church that I go to. So whenever I see him, I make sure to tell him to be nice to the subs.....whether or not he actually does, I'm not sure, but hey...at least I've tried.
Well, again I'm glad that I'm not bothering you by chatting with you. I rather enjoy it. :) )

Riley blushed as she watched him try to calm his nerves, then she glanced down at their entwined fingers and let out a sigh. After she thought a moment, she glanced up at him again and smiled.
"I could go for anything really. So, whatever you want.....Oh! Here, take the money I grabbed from..." Her voice trailed off as she released his hand and reached into her hoodie pocket then pulled out a wad of money. She held it out then continued.
"Here. And...could you possibly pick up some pain medication?" She looked up at him again and blinked, then she reached up and gently grazed his cheek with her fingertips.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 10:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

( Not at all. She runs a second hand shop. So it has a little bit if everything but mostly clothes and random items. Lol

Haha, well, like you say at least you tried.

Again, not at all. :) I enjoy chatting. )

"Sure, yeah... of course!" He said, smiling and taking the cash. "I'll be sure to get something for the pain as well." A shiver ran down his back as Riley reached up and touched his face. He reached up with his own hand and took hers, holding it against his cheek for a moment, then kissing it gently. He looked at the door and hesitantly pulled away and walked slowly to the exit. "I'll be sure not to take too long."

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 10:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Oh fun! I love little shops like that. :) Yay! lol )

Butterflies flitted around inside Riley's stomach as she felt his hand on hers, then she felt heat rise in her cheeks as he kissed the palm of her hand. A breath escaped her lips as he looked into her eyes and as he walked away, she rested her hand over her heart and smiled.
"It's okay....I promise I'll be alright."

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 11:21 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Yeah, me too. Lol I came away with a new shirt, some socks, and a brief case. Lol And hey, if you ever want to chat feel free! Or PM if you don't wamt to type in the RP thread.)

Jaxson headed out, making his way to a convenience store just across the street. They didn't have much, but Jaxson felt a lot more comfortable with a trip that short as opposed to walking all over town to try and find some place larger. He did manage to find a pain medication and several convenience store burritos, sandwiches, a few drinks, chips, and jerky.

He paid and made his way back to the motel.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 8:27 am 
Ent
Ent

(A briefcase? Oh la la...so fancy! Yes, I probably should switch to pming people instead of bogging down the thread with conversation.)

Although she had promised him she would be alright while he would be gone, the moment he left, she groaned in pain. The pain caused by the fall had dulled to the point where she didn't even notice it. But the pain from where she had taken a bullet was so overpowering that she figured it was infected.
As if in reply to her thoughts, her shoulder sparked in unspeakable pain; she shut her eyes and closed her hands into fists, but that just seemed to intensify the pain. Her face contorted as the pain slowly intensified again, but the moment she relaxed her hands and body, the pain began to subside slightly.
Riley took in deep calming breaths and tried to focus on thinking about something other than this pain. Jaxson. She closed her eyes as she thought about the way she felt about him. As she focused on him, she felt her body and mind relax completely to the point where she hardly felt the pain at all.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 6:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Haha lol. Well it was an older one. I got it to file away all last years financial mail and documents etc... lol No worries. Some people don't like the OOC chat in thread but I am pretty easy going. It has never bothered to habe it or to keep it elsewhere. Either or. So long as I know wjat others prefer I'll stick to that and it's all good. )

Jaxson made his way back into the motel room, arms full of bags as he rattled off a list of what all he got. "And I got three different kinds if pain meds... just in case one didn't work so well."

He looked up from setting the stuff down on the table just across the walkway from the bed. "So what sounds good?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next