Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: February 18th, 2017, 3:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley stepped back as the locking mechanism sparked, the. She looked up at Jaxson and smiled.
"Nice work."
Her smile quickly faded as the door at the other end of the hall opened, revealing two burly men dressed in black. And they had guns.
Riley jumped and opened the door, nearly dodging a bullet as it flew past her and into the tunnel.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2017, 4:00 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson gave a weak grin, then looked back at Riley's alarmed expression. He hurried through the door and followed her. As they ran he couldn't help but wonder if they would make it out of this alive or not. Either way... he had seen enough of Henry to know that he couldn't live serving a man like that. He would rather end up dead.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 18th, 2017, 4:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

As they ran, Riley couldn't help but wonder when they would reach the end, or if they would even make it out alive. That's when she heard another shot ring out. Suddenly her shoulder began to scream in pain. The pain grew worse with every swing of her arm. She stilled her arm but the pain still resided and intensified as they ran.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2017, 7:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson ducked at the sound of a shot yet again. He glanced behind them, then back ahead. They were both still running so he assumed the shot had missed. Then he noticed Riley's change in running and she seemed to be favoring her arm.

"Are you alright?" Jaxson asked. Another shot sounded and he ducked again. He wasn't sure how much his force field could stop but he concentrated, trying to throw up a single flat force field behind them as they ran.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2017, 7:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley ducked as she heard the men fire off another shot at them, but she gritted her teeth as the pain increased with her sudden movement. She glanced back at Jaxson and shook her head.
"No, not really." Her voice held a hint of sarcasm, although she was glad he noticed.
"We're almost there..."

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 1:42 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"I don't know if this thing will even stop a bullet," he admitted, glancing at the force field he tried to hold in place. "And I am not sure how long I can hold it up."

He was glad to hear her say they were almost there. Perhaps if they made it into a crowd of people their pursuers would stop for fear they would be confronted by local authorities.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 9:18 am 
Ent
Ent

Riley nodded, but didn't look away from the end of the tunnel. "Well, better die trying then do nothing at all, right?"
For a long moment, they ran in silence, save for their pursuers cursing when the bullets stopped short because of Jaxson's force field.
10 long minutes passed by before they made it to another door-with another locking device next to it.
"I should've known this wasn't going to be easy." Riley muttered as she looked at Jaxson.
"Can you burn it again?" Pain shot up her arm. Her face contorted in pain as she grabbed her arm and held it close to her body.
"I think I can stall these guys while you...do your thing. "

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 1:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson nodded. "I think I can, but I will have to let down my force field."

He waited until Riley was ready before releasing his field and then concentrated on the locking mechanism again. Thankfully it seemed easier this time now that he kind of knew what he was doing... or maybe it was the pressure of being shot at. He wasn't sure, but either way before long the lock started humming.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 2:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

As soon as he said this, she turned to face their pursuers and focused on them. As she concentrated on them, they, in turn, stopped and began to look confused as to why they were in the tunnel. Riley began to feel the pain in her shoulder begin to throb, but she ignored it and concentrated even harder.
The two men eventually started walking back to the opposite door and even holstered their gins.
"Are you done?" She asked quietly.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 3:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Just as Riley asked the door lock burst into flames. "Done!" He said, opening the door and recoiling a bit from the heat of the doorknob as he swung it open. He turned to Riley, ushering her through first so he could shut the door behind them. "We need to get you some help... I don't know where anything is around here. Is there a medical place we can go near by?"

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 4:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley flinched as she felt the heat from the fire burn behind her back, but she quickly followed Jaxsons lead. Once they were on the other side of the door, she let out a shaky breath as the realization of what had just happened started to sink in. Then she pulled her hand away from the bullet wound and nearly fainted from the blood that soaked her hand and most of her arm.
"No...." she shook her head as she looked into Jaxsons eyes. "If we go to a public hospital, he'll be bound to find us." She rolled her eyes."He has eyes pretty much everywhere.....and it's my fault."
A heavy sigh passed her lips but she shook away the feeling and focused.
"We have to go somewhere off the grid....would you happen to know anyone?"

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 4:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson put a hand on Riley's good shoulder to try and steady her. There was a lot of blood and they needed to do something soon. "Not really..." he admitted. "But I might know somewhere we can go if you know where we can get a car. There is an old hunting cabin my dad used... it's out in the middle of nowhere and he had it packed with non perishable suplies as well as first aid supplies just in case something happened when he was out hunting."

He continued moving while he spoke.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 4:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley blinked back a wave of nausea as she felt the blood trickle down her arm. She let out another shaky breath as she pushed herself off the wall the cringed as a headache formed from standing too quickly. She gritted her teeth as she followed Jaxson, but when she was walking beside him, she nodded, then glanced over at him.
"I think I know where we can get a car. It may involve some estranged relatives, but I think we can get it."

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson placed an arm around Riley, being sure to not to hurt her injury. "I'm sorry," he appologized, clearly a little nervous about the situation.

"Estranged relatives are fine... so long as they are not mine."

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 5:02 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley instinctively went rigid as Jaxson put his arm around her shoulders. But as they walked down the smaller tunnel, she began to feel at ease. Especially after he joked about her estranged family. She let out a small laugh and smiled.
"Yes, well by the time they finish with you, you'll start to feel like family."
Her eyes widened and she blushed as she realized what she just said.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2017, 11:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson laughed a little at her reply, but couldn't help but note her reaction. He tried to move past the partialy awkward moment by changing the subject. "If it's safe, we should stop somewhere to get a cloth on the wound and make sure you don't loose any more blood."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next