Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: September 7th, 2017, 8:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley turned her head once she heard Jaxson moan in pain; he sounded awful, and she felt so helpless because she couldn't do any-her thoughts were interrupted by the cop's quiet and kind voice inside her mind. She was completely and utterly dumbfounded, and stared at him in shock as he cooly reassured her that they weren't in trouble...something about helping?
"What?"
She muttered as the cop leaned against the wall with a clipboard in his hand, writing something down.
"I don't..."
It's alright, Ri. You and your boyfriend here won't get into trouble...I can promise you that.
Now she was even more confused.
"Ri? Look, I don't....I'm sorry, you...you must have me confused with somebody else...my name is Riley."
Yeah, I know that, kid. And your last name is Anderson. Trust me, I know a thing or two. And you should too. I mean, we practically grew up together.
She glanced over to Jaxson and wondered if he could hear him too. She was beginning to get nervous by the fact that this random cop knew....wait a minute...did she...know him?
"Can I ask you what your name is?"
"Look, kid-"
The cop shifted on his feet and now was addressing Jaxson.
"I'm not gonna ask you again. What is your name? First and last."
What? You don't remember your own step-brother? Ouch. That hurts, Ri.
The cop smiled briefly, then returned his 'cold-hard stare' to Jaxson.
Wait....you seriously don't remember?
Riley furrowed her brows and shook her head.
"Alright kid, if you let me know your information, I might be able to let you two off with a warning."
James. My name is James. Your mom married my dad once your dad....disappeared.
Riley couldn't hide the shock that was written plainly on her face.
"What? When....when did my dad...? I...I don't understand."
Suddenly, as if by storm memories began to fill her mind. Memories of her parents, of a golden retriever, the disappearance of her father, and finally of becoming playmates with James flooded her mind until her head began to hurt. Riley closed her eyes and took a deep breath and after a moment, the pain went away, and all she was left with was a hole. Why did she feel like something was missing from her memories?
When she opened her eyes, James was standing beside Jaxson's bed with a hand on his arm, pulling him up until he stood and handcuffing him. With a wave of his free hand, other policemen came in and did the same to her, and within minutes, the three of them were inside his police car. Jaxson and Riley sat in the back while James sat in the drivers seat.
He turned around in his seat to talk to them, but before he did, he turned down the volume on the walkie-talkie.
"Look, you're not in trouble. I'm going to take you guys somewhere safe. It's about a 3 hour drive from here, but it's a small town, one that you guys will no doubt like, okay? There's a little button on the side of your cuffs to unlatch it...I would suggest pushing it, unless you want to ride in cuffs. Let me know if you want me to stop."

PostPosted: September 10th, 2017, 12:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(cool twist. :) )

Jaxson remained stubborn and played the victim act all the way until they were in the cop car. He had not heard the mind conversation between Riley and James. Once they got on the road he was about to lean his head back in resigned surrender when James spoke.

"You are not in any trouble..."

He was going to take them some place safe? Jaxson looked at Riley with a questioning gaze.

"Riley? What's going on?" He whispered as he glanced down at the button on his hand cuffs.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 10th, 2017, 7:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

(I'm glad to hear you liked it! I thought the story could use a bit of an uplift.)

Before answering Jaxson's question, Riley noticed the smirk that perched itself onto her step-brothers' face in the rearview mirror.
"He's my step-brother." She answered plainly. "He...I don't know anything else. But...I trust him....I think."
She said, looking uncertainly into Jaxson's concerned eyes.
Should she be so trusting of him? What if he was just tricking them into thinking they were going to be safe, only to be delivered back into Henry's hands?
That last thought unnerved her, but when she looked back into the rearview mirror, all she could see was James' face, focusing on the road ahead of them. But...something seemed...different. If James could speak with her telepathically, then maybe....
Riley looked back at Jaxson then glanced down at his wrists and quickly realized that he was still in handcuffs, and more than that! He was probably still in pain! Gosh, could she be any more selfish?
"Hey. How are you feeling? Are you in any pain?"
She asked him as she pushed the button on his handcuffs, causing them to click open.
Riley couldn't open hers, but...she didn't care. She needed to make sure that Jaxson was okay.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 10:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Yeah, it does give it a neat new direction. :) )

Jaxson rubbed his wrists a bit and winced, only slightly, as if Riley mentioning his pain brought the feeling back to the surface. "Yeah... but I think I'll be ok." He shrugged and grinned. "Heck... you got shot on our first escape attempt, I guess it was my turn." He looked down at her cuffs and tried to press the button and release them for her. "Will they not come off?"

PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 7:41 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley looked at Jaxson with concern in her eyes; He was in pain, no matter how bearable it was. A sigh escaped her lips and she was about to say something when Jaxson indicated something about her handcuffs not coming off.
"What-I....I don't know. Maybe if you..."
She tried to maneuver her fingers around so that she could press the button, but all she got was a cramp. She winced, then looked up at her...step-brother in confusion.
He in turn looked wide-eyed, and quickly handed Jaxson a set of keys.
"Shoot. Sorry guys. Here, the key's bound to be on this ring somewhere."

PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 8:47 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson searched through the keys until he found the one that worked and took the handcuffs off. He looked back towards Riley's brother, then to her. "Where are we going, then?"

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 2:05 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley shook her head.
"I...I'm not sure. I guess somewhere safe?"
She said quietly, wondering if trusting this guy was the right thing to do.
Well, at least she had Jaxson with her, so if anything went wrong, they'd be in a pickle together.
"Jaxson?" Saying his name still sounded odd, yet strangely satisfying.
"I don't even know if this guy is right. If he is my...brother-" she said the word very quietly, even though he could probably hear them.
"-I...I just don't know if he's right."

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 4:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson looked back to James as he drove and Riley spoke. At this point... what were they to do? They had tried jumping out of a moving car once before, but that had not seemed to improve their situation.

As Jaxson's mind drifted back to those memories, they seemed so distant. So much had happened aince then. Yet, Riley would remember none of it, so it seemed. His heart sunk. He remembered and cherished the good times they had spent together, mourned over their hardships, and kept the stalwart determination that had been fostered in those moments. Now, however, it seemed he would have to do such things alone.

He looked Riley in the eye and with a soft, slightly hesitant voice he asked, "Do you remember... anything? From before? About us... or, me?"

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 9:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley looked at her...friend with confusion; why was he changing the subject?
"Oh." She muttered quietly as she realized what he was asking.
Her expression changed as she saw the look of hope in his eyes, but she couldn't give it to him.
She shook her head and glanced down at the space between them. The leather seats were worn and looked almost in need of replacing, and they smelled faintly of sweat and....bologna? Her mind suddenly began to race through her lost memories until it brought a vague memory of the two of them, together.
"Did we....ride in a cab together?"

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson sighed and tried not to show his dissapointment as Riley shook her head. As she thought, though, it seems a memory did indeed resurface. "We did," Jaxson said with a faint smile. "It's a long story... maybe when we have time I'll tell you."

He glanced back towards James, then back to Riley. "I'm glad you at least... remember me." He looked down. "Maybe someday more will come back to you."

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 8:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

There's no time like the present, she thought to herself, especially if Henry....her thoughts were interrupted however as her gaze met Jaxsons'. For a brief moment, her heart began to race and butterflies filled her stomach as Jaxson referenced their past.
What had happened between them before? Did she...did she love...him?
Her brows knit together as she saw the obvious sorrow or regret in his eyes.
"Why don't you tell me what happened. Maybe I'll start...remembering things then."
She paused to shift in her seat, her eyes transfixed on his.
"What happened in the cab? I-" Another vague memory or feeling flashed through her mind and she blinked quickly as she tried to make sense of it.
"I...did we do something...."she glanced up at James then looked back at Jaxson and lowered her voice to a whisper. "Did we...jump out of the cab?"

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 7:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson ventured to let a faint smile slide across his face. "We did," he said with a nod. He continued to explain the event in full, hoping to jog more memories. He mused at recolection of the events. It wasn't quite like remembering them with her... but it felt close.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 8:13 am 
Ent
Ent

As she listened to Jaxson recount the events that happened after they jumped out of the cab, Riley couldn't help but feel disappointed in herself. They had obviously gone through a lot together, and yet here she was, mindlessly sitting beside him with barely any recollection of-Her thoughts were interrupted by a memory....a vivid memory. And it was terrifying.
Her face flushed of all color and she leaned back in her seat, staring at the seat in front of her. After a while, Riley broke the silence with a frail voice.
"I....I promised him something. I promised that I would do anything....to make Hen-him...to make him believe that we were on his side." She paused for a moment, then looked up at him and continued.
"Why didn't we just leave? How did we think we could bring him down?"
As their eyes met, something else stirred within her. It wasn't just a memory; it was a....a feeling that resounded from deep within her heart.
At first she couldn't place the feeling, but as she studied his eyes, she could see they held a fondness for her. Love.
They had been in love.
It suddenly dawned on her that that man, Henry, had taken away everything. The realization tore her heart to pieces.
"We were in love."
She said quietly, as if the words themselves would loose meaning if she said them too much.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 10:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Hey, did you ever do any more on that story you had been typing?)

Jaxson sighed as Riley asked, “Why didn’t we just leave?”

“We tried... but he always found us...” Jaxson explained.

Riley seemed to pause for a minute after that and her next words sent Jaxson’s heart racing like the first time he had heard the words, “I love you,” from Riley.

“We were in love,” Riley said softly.

Jaxson smiled, turmoil still on his face, but hope in his eyes. Hesitantly he reached a hand towards her and nodded. “We were...” he answered, his voice just as soft as her own. He timidly placed a hand on her arm and looked into her eyes. “I still am,” he added.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 3:30 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hey-o! I actually PM'd you about that. :) )

Riley looked at Jaxson with sadness and regret in her eyes. The way he was looking at her, and how he still felt for her caused her heart to break. How could Henry have taken that away from them? Torn love from underneath them?
A small smile curved her lips and she hesitantly touched his hand on her arm. As she touched his hand, a butterfly began to flutter around in her stomach and she blushed.
Maybe she would be able to find her love for him. She had to.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 10:14 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Got your PM, sorry you lost the addition. :/ That’s always aggravating!)

At Riley’s touch, Jaxson’s heart quickened and he looked up at her with a hopeful smile. They had found love once, and even though sje didn’t remember Riley was still the same person. Perhaps what made her love him before would help him win her heart a second time.

“Thank you...” Jaxson said softly. “For-for believing me. For listening to me.” He let out a shaky breath and gazed into her eyes as he grew nervous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next