Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: November 25th, 2017, 9:18 am 
Ent
Ent

Riley eyed the tall man in suspicion but followed him into the room; when she rounded the corner, her heart was filled with both relief and uncertainty. What...what had they done to him?
She ignored the man grey-haired man and walked over to Jaxsons' bedside where she took his hand and lifted his fingers to her lips.
I'm here, Jaxson. Everything is going-
Her thought was interrupted by the sound of Henry's voice-but it sounded distorted somehow. She quickly turned around to see the source of the voice when the man pointed at the television that displayed the footage.
Riley glanced between the man and the tv and shook her head.
"Are we in trouble?"

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Hope you don't mind the twist. I just figured the military was bound to take notice of a public display like Jaxson had made)

Jaxson's hand twitched, or perhaps tensed, as Riley took his in hers. Perhaps it was a futile attempt from him to grasp her hand as she grasped his. His mind, for the moment, was silent.

"That may depend on what you can tell me," the older man answered. "My name is Rand Sutherland, homeland security. You may understand I can't just let some young man who can control fire run loose in our streets without finding out what the heck is going on..."

At that point Jaxson began to stir, though he did not wake. Rand looked at Riley, still awaiting an explanation.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 9:41 pm 
Ent
Ent

(No, not at all! It definitely makes sense that the military would get involved. It adds more depth to the story and the world. :) )

Riley's heart skipped a beat as she felt Jaxson's hand move, but as she looked at the man-Rand-she swallowed nervously.
"Is that all the footage you have?"
Her eyes widened as she realized how incriminating that could have sounded, so she quickly continued.
"Jaxson and I have been...we have been forced upon death to work for that man on the far right. He...Henry found me about...a year ago, through my mother, and he literally murdered Jaxsons' parents and gave him those...well, the ability to produce fire from his hands. Please, you have to believe-"
She suddenly turned around as Jaxson started to rouse, but when he didn't wake up, she shook her head and looked over her shoulder at the men.
"Why...why won't he wake up? What did you do to him?"

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 9:58 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Cool cool. :) Feel free to RP either of these suits. They are open for anything really. I'm just making this up as I go mostly. lol)

Rand and his companion listened intently. Their expressions were unreadable, however.

When Riley asked them what they had done to Jaxson, after noticing him stir, Rand took a few steps closer.

"Look, kid... you both seem like nice young people. I'm not here to ruin your life. Your husband was in an accident." Rand said the word Husaband with an emphasis that would suggest he knew they were not really married. Rand moved closer to Jaxson and uncovered his midsection. "During the crash, some glass from the front windshield was lodged in Jaxson's abdomen. We had the surgeon take it out. To do that he put him under anesthesia. According to the doc, he should be waking in about..." he glanced at his watch and then looked back to Riley with a smile. "Twenty five minutes."

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 10:24 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Will do :) I'm trying to think about ways for how to have the suits tie-hehe...-into Henry/James//I think I may have an idea for the other suit? Not sure though...)

Riley's heart stopped for a moment as Rand indicated his knowledge that they weren't married, but when he mentioned the severity of Jaxson's wounds, her face flushed of all color. She felt fixed in that spot, frozen in time, and she suddenly felt angry and impatient.
"If you don't intend to hurt us, then why couldn't I hear him when he talked to-"
Her head began to pound and pain shot through her entire body, and this time, she collapsed onto the cold, tiled ground, crying out in pain.

The other man who had been assigned to this room smiled just so as the girl went down to the ground; the plan was about to begin.
After his comrade rushed over to help her, he followed, but not before sending a simple text to James, letting him know the progress.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 4:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(It's all good to me. Look forward to watching it unfolded! :) )

Rand helped Riley up and placed her in a chair beside Jaxson's bed. "Calm down kid, you're gonna give yourself a heart attack."

Finally, Jaxson began to clear his mind. He was able to send a simple message to Riley, her name. "Riley?"

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 5:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley stifled the urge to roll her eyes, and instead gritted her teeth as she gripped the arms of the chair in an effort to ward off the pain.
But it wasn't working.
Her face contorted in pain and she gripped the arms of the chair so hard that her knuckles turned white.
This wasn't just from the accident...this had to be Henry's-
Her eyes widened in shock and she turned to look at Jaxson.
Jaxson? I'm here, Jaxson. Please wake up.
She knew that she sounded pathetic, but she didn't care....she needed him.
Riley reached out her hand to take his, but she was interrupted by the other man, who placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it.
"Are you okay, Mrs. Paxton? You seem to be in a lot of pain....if you'd like, I can give you some painkillers and a bed to lie in while you wait for your husband to wake."
Riley furrowed her brows and shook her head without looking up at him.
"No, thanks. I think....I'll just wait here for him."
The man was insistent.
"I'd encourage you to take this, dear. You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you or him because you didn't take it."
At this, Riley's stomach dropped, for she suddenly remembered the mans' voice. When she looked up at him, her face flushed of all color and she shuddered.
"Please....please, I....I just want to get my husband somewhere safe."
Her eyes flicked over to Rand and she pleaded wordlessly with him.
Jaxson, please wake up. They found us....Henry found us.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 12:28 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Rand looked to his partner, then to Riley. She seemed very troubled... Unnaturally troubled. "Now, Weatherford," Rand chided. "If she says she doesn't want it, just leave her be. Besides, our orders are to find out about the incident earlier today. We can't do that if they are both asleep."

As Riley pleaded with Jaxson he heard her voice in his head. He tried to wake himself, but so much of his mind still felt numb. Slowly he forced his eyes halfway open. "Riley?" He called out again, this time audibly as his hand grasped hers weakly. "Riley, are you ok?"

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 7:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Jaxson!" Her heartbeat began to race as she felt his fingers tenderly entwine through hers.
"I'm...I'm okay..."
Jaxson, I'm scared. This man....the one behind me...I remember him from the gala and from my apartment. He...he's trying to get me to take some medicine, but...I'm scared. And I keep getting these weird pains. I think they may have something to do with-
Riley froze as she felt the man squeeze her shoulder, and almost simultaneously the pain wracked through her body again.
"Please, help...."
She muttered before passing out in the chair.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 4:48 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Riley!" Jaxson called out as she fell unconscious. "Riley, stay with me!" He looked to the men. The one had a sinister look while the older gentleman just had an annoyed gaze that shot back and forth between him and the other suit.

"Alright, that's enough," Rand told Weatherford. "Go get me a cup of coffee." Rand shook his head and sighed. "They always give me the garbage jobs." He mumbled something else as he walked over to he doorway of the room and stepped out in the hall. "Nurse!" He called to a women down the hall. He pointed a thumb into the room and gave an appolgetic shrug. "You mind checking in another patient?"

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 9:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Weatherford squinted his eyes and was about to inflict the same amount of pain towards Jaxson when his....coworker ordered him to get coffee. He stifled the urge to get in Rands' face and push pain into his mind, and instead he yielded. It wasn't time...yet.
With a muttered curse, Weatherford walked out of the room and down the hall to fetch the man's coffee.
Riley felt like she was floating on water, but she couldn't move her arms or legs. She was...somehow, lifeless. She heard something far off....voices.....one very familiar voice.
Jaxson.
Her brows furrowed together as she tried to concentrate on moving her arms, but nothing would work. Maybe if she tried talking to him, he would be able to hear her.
"Jaxson? Jaxson.."

PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 6:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson reached, almost frantically, for Riley's hand as the nurse that had entered put her on a bed next to him. He tried to sit up, but about the time the pain hit the nurse warned him.

"You need to stay laying down. You just got over half a dozen stitches in your abdomen. Trust me, you don't want to pull one."

Jaxson grunted and lay back down. Then Riley spoke his name.

"Riley? Are you ok?" He stretched out, his fingers barely reaching hers. "What happened?" He asked the nurse who began checking Riley.

"That's the weird part," she said, seeing Rand asking the same question with his eyes. "I can't seem to find anything wrong with her."

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 7:29 am 
Ent
Ent

As if in response to his question, James' voice suddenly rang clear in both their ears.
Now, now....I'm ashamed of you two....going off and trying to get out of your assignment. Well, I guess you know what happens to those who disobey me now, don'tcha?
Riley still couldn't wake herself from this slumber, but hearing James' voice caused her to shudder in fear and she muttered Jaxsons' name.
She felt so frightened and so alone. What could they do to get away from these madmen.
Weatherford came back in with two cups of coffee and handed one to Rand, then he walked over to the foot of Jaxsons' bed and stared at him.
"Hmmm....those look like some pretty nasty wounds there, son."

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 7:21 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson held to Riley, stroking her hand as he could barely reach her. Then there was that voice... James. Who was this physcopath? Was he with Henry or against Henry? Seemed like they used the same methods.

Jaxson scowled and ignored the voice in his head. His mind, however, spun with ideas of what they may do next.... what they could do next. Then Riley muttered his name. He grasped for her, trying to get a better hold on her hand. “Riley, I’m here.” He tried telling her in his mind and aloud.

The moment was cut short though as Weatherford returned to the room. The man seemed... evil. Jaxson wasn’t sure about Rand, but this man seemed in on things.

He didn’t even look at the man when he spoke to him.

Rand, taking the coffee, sat and smelled it for a long moment. It was too hot to drink, so he set it down to cool. Then he went back over to Jaxson.

“So,” Rand said, as the nurse continued to look over Riley’s vitals. “While they are trying to figure out why your wife has suddenly passed out... you want to tell me what mess you two have got yourselves caught up in?”

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 9:36 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley could barely hear anything that was said in the conscious world around her, but something-intuition, maybe?-told her that something bad was going to happen. They needed to get out of this place. They needed to get somewhere safe.
"Jaxson..." she heard herself mutter, then there was a pause from the voices; the sting of a needle caused her to grit her teeth and mutter incoherent words.
Why couldn't she say anything? Why couldn't she warn him?
But then she heard a voice inside her head that she hadn't heard before. It was higher and malicious sounding.
Shut up, girl. You want your boyfriend to die before he gets better? Then don't say a word.
Riley swallowed and quieted her mind down. She had to keep Jaxson safe....it wasn't worth loosing him again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whetherford squinted his eyes in a glare towards the boy, and while his 'partner' was asking him questions, he walked over to Jaxsons' IV line and pulled out a syringe from his pocket.
He hid it in his sleeve as Rand glanced back over his shoulder to tell the nurse something then plastered on a fake smile as he caught his partners' eyes.
"Is there anything you need from me, doc?"

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 10:18 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson glared back as the man walked towards his IV. Then, seeing the syringe he recoiled and hollored. “You get away from me!” He yanked the IV out if his arm, cringing in pain at his sudden movements. “Stay away!” He yelled again.

Rand swung around and looked with a questioning gaze as Jaxson lay in his bed still. His hands heated up, and he wasn’t doing it this time. It seemed an involuntary action.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next