Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Freedom - Talk of Treason
PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 12:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

^ I actually loved that. The Gardenia in the here-and-now seems so subtly different from her twenty year old self... I'm a sucker for subtly. That and you painted a brilliant picture of Lucius, who I'm quite fond of, even if he is a bit cruel and evil and whatnot... :D
On the subject of rambles, I'm sorry for the length of my last post. :hide: I scared even myself when I saw the size of it. :P

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 1:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eeee, thank you! :hug: I'm really glad you liked it :-D You're right, twenty-year-old Gardenia and twenty-six-year-old Gardenia are very subtly different people, though I can't pinpoint exactly how, which is stupid, since I wrote the narrative :lol: Do you think you could explain what you thought was different as you read it, pretty please? :-D I loves feedback, I does ;)
btw, writing Gardenia's perspective of Lucius was pretty fun =D I feel a bit sorry for her really, since it's her obsession with Lucius that ended up warping her view of the world. O_o

You're v.good at lengthy posts missus :yes: Perhaps we should have a competition someday to see who could write the longest post :roll: Eek, the very thought is slightly scary! XD

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 1:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ahahaha, I think we'd actually break poor Sharky's End. :lol: Still, quality over quantity... I write too much. It's all very much just random details that spring! into my head, accompanied occasionally by the daft noises you see written everywhere inside comic books. :teehee: My brian is a very strange place to live in... :P

I'm not sure, it's not something that's entirely pinpoint-able, I suppose. :P I guess she seemed a little less self-sufficient, a little less aware of the world, maybe. Makes sense, I guess, 'cause both of those things could have cropped up in her character when she got her job working for Lucius - she moved away from her parents and started doing her own thing rather than relying on their contacts and she was able to see what the Governors saw.
... Did any of that that actually make sense? I'll be impressed if it did. :P

Then do feel free to use him in any which way you like. Within reason. ;) And don't let Allegra bait him too much, the guy has low self-esteem. :P
...LOL JK. xD

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 1:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thankily-dankily for your thoughts! :-D It's really interesting thinking about how Gardenia's obsession began, and how it had an impact on who she was. I mean, even before she started working for Lucius Gardenia was kind of stand-offish and didn't like people very much, but she was still just a girl really. Working for Lucius made her dangerous, and the strength of her fascination made her very determined. I keep thinking, when will be the point when her feelings for Lucius actually begin to change? I haven't quite decided yet, but I guess that's the fun of it :lol:

Lucius, low self esteem? :lol: The day when he starts feeling all sad and weepy and sheds a little tear would be a very funny sight - seriously! XD

btw, found the perfect smilie for Lucius vs Allegra! = :argue:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 1:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'd love to see him cry, to be honest. :P
You know, what I think we REALLY need for this board is a parody thread. Not a serious RPG thread, just one to spam with miscellaneous canon and non-canon characters. I'd love it. I'd probably clog it up... :P
Is it possible to spam a thread specifically designed for spamming, though? ;)

Indeed, very interesting. I love reading it. :D The changes to a character's personality are the most intriguing ones a writer can play with, I think, because they don't just change the character but the way the character sees everything else. For instance, a character is betrayed. Before the betrayal they were perfectly happy; afterwards, they have just a hint of paranoia because they know it's a possibility that it could happen again. That then colours their every view, every decision, every action... it's interesting to pick apart and analyse. :D

That smilie = SRS WIN. :D

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 2:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Several situations where I might possibly imagine him crying… ;)
~ He finds out everyone is escaping, he’s basically lost the war, and is about to die violently and sickeningly! (Lucius dying might be a bit of a waste of a good villain, but you never know :lol: )
~ Gets taken as a prisoner onto the surface and is kept in a massive iron cage and poked with a stick all the live long day (I have actually imagined this situation, minus the stick, as a plot possibility! :-D )
~ Whilst in his cage, he tries to persuade Gardenia to help him escape, and when she refuses he realizes he loves her, bless ‘im, but it’s too dang late now! (I know, this is me daydreaming. :lol: Even if Lucius didn't have a romantic relevation this would be an AWESOME scene! =D I’ve imagined Gardenia crying in this scene and then running off, leaving Lucius sitting like a lemon in his cage!) It would be a real shift in power, Lucius asking Gardenia for help, instead of her being willing to do anything for him.

We once had a Harry Potter spoof spam thread, good times, my friend :lol:

Alexander and Gardenia are both charries who have undergone changes due to events in their pasts. Gardenia met Lucius, Alexander got arrested, etc. =)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 3:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

He's not that kind of person, I don't think. Anger, I could see that. Uncontrollable rage? Sure. Tears? Naaaaaaaah. Sad as it is. :teehee:
"Leaving Lucius sitting like a lemon in a cage..."
Two things to say about this: one, the mental image is hilarious, two, do lemons have a habit of sitting in cages or is it just me? :P

Sounds like fun. :D

Alexander nearly died, too. That's got to do something to the mind, eh? :P I think it would irritate me if he came out of the other side of that as exactly the same person. It just wouldn't seem right. :P

Last edited by Darkheart on June 30th, 2011, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2011, 3:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ahaaaaa, but what about tears of anger? ;) I can just imagining him sitting there, when suddenly a droplet of liquid suddenly spurts out of his eye, and he screams “WHAT is this? Some form of poisonous acid? Blood? No, heaven help me, it’s a tear!” But yeah, he’s really not the crying sort, I agree :lol:
“Like a lemon” is just a funny phrase, I can’t remember where I got it from :lol: Basically it means you’re just hanging around somewhere like a total dork. ;)
But anyway, all randomness aside, the cage scene is one that would be great to see. I can envisage it happening at night time, and Gardenia creeping up to see Lucius, and he immediately expects her to do as he says and help him – but he totally can’t predict the way her loyalties have changed, and in fact she just came to remind herself of all the terrible things she’s done because of the way she felt about him, not to free him. Her feelings for Lucius have consumed so many years of her life, and one day she'll realize that she gave so much of her life to him for so little in return, and she ended up becoming a worse person because of him.
Gardenia’s “redemption” will be fun to watch progress. Because sure, she’ll regret her various evil acts, but she won’t change into a completely different person. She’ll probably still be sort of arrogant, and kind of intolerant of those she doesn’t like. :lol: What I love about Gardenia is that she isn't instantly likeable, but she's human!

Near-death experiences are always life-changing, aren’t they? Aw, I can’t imagine Alexander as anything else but his sweet, paranoid self. :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 5:38 am 
Elf
Elf

I dohn't think I can even really see that... it doesn't really suit his type. As a man of power he's purged all emotion in pursuit of his dream of domination... any feelings he might have had, annoying moral grievances etc would only have held him back on his way there, he couldn't have that. It's why he's so suited to the work he does: there is no trace of doubt that what he's doing is right for him, no niggling feeling that says hurting others to advance himself is wrong. In his eyes they're all necessary sacrifices and that's simply it. :P

I love that phrase... I've heard it before but I've absolutely no idea where. :teehee:

I would actually love that to go ahead in the future. It's have to be waaaaaaay in the future but still, I think it's worth thinking about. :D
The scene with Gardenia sound spectacular but there's even more opportunity in it. Each character who has opposed him - or not, as the case may be - will have a chance to speak to/insult him unless they, er, die. I could imagine Alexander's reaction to that, perhaps apathy... after everything they went through to save the world, the guy who tried to hold them all prisoner simply wasn't worth it. I don't think his existence would interest Alexander after that.
Adrianna... now that's an entirely different matter. I think she'd avoid him purposely because she'd still be afraid of him. Silly girl. :P

Methinks I shall quite enjoy Gardenia's redemption, though. Her character is interesting, even if she isn't morally sound. :D

Ahahaha, me neither. I think he's quite in need of a councellor of some sort... :teehee:

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 4:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

Hehe I looooove your description of Gardenia - "interesting even if she isn't morally sound" :lol: That just about sums it up really XD

I love the thought of each character visiting Lucius's cage! (It just occured to me, "Lucius's cage" sounds sort of like a mafia nightclub!) It makes me wonder what Allegra would say to him. I can't make up my mind - maybe she wouldn't even give him the privilige, a bit like Alexander. But she's got so much unfinished business with her brother.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd say, the Freedom bug is still afoot! :-D So excited <3

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 2:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

Apologies for the double post! =) Will, I only just noticed your reply to Freedom, and I looooved it! :-D Absolutely brilliant =D I can't wait to reply, and write up Allegra's reaction to Dylan's explanation about Adrianna! =D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 2:08 pm 
Elf
Elf

Brilliant posts, you two. I loved reading them. :D
My part for Adrianna is up now and Alexander will be around sometime soon. I have a few days now though so I'm not sure when I'll be able to cook up a decent post for him. :P

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 9:54 am 

Great post Darky! I really love Adrianna's reaction to this all! And I wonder what her real motive actually is for saving Dylan. I'm also interested how she will behave in his presence as he is the only one who can 'save' her from Allegra, whom she fears and depises.. :)

As I already said to Goldy, I'm very pleased how the whole plot turned out and I think there are still plenty of challenges for them to face. But lets start with what they will do now..? Will Allegra let Adrianna go any time soon? Will Dylan have to stay in Allegra's house forever? Or are they going to figure out a plan to make Lucius fall? That will be Dylan's priority.. ;)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 10:07 am 
Elf
Elf

Thankyou! I must say that in the face of all this turmoil Adrianna is getting more fun to write for by the minute. It's terribly entertaining. :tongue:
It's an interesting question, to be sure. Now that Dylan's out of his earlier predicament I suppose there'd be less pressure on Adrianna and so maybe a little less tension between the two... still, I don't think she's quite sure what to make of him because he'd the complete opposite of everything she's been surrounded by for an awfully long time. He unnerves her rather a lot. :P

I'm not sure where to drag everyone next - obviously I mean that in the nicest way possible :teehee: - but I do think we're going to have to step up the game a bit now. Dylan's out and free and so far there's absolutely no suspicion around his disappearance but there's a loose end: when Allegra let him out, his cell was locked. I'm not too sure about turning this into a major plot line (unless either of you two can think of something awesome to do with it?) but if Dylan wants the fact he's still kicking to stay a secret, something has got to be done about it. Perhaps something to harangue Adrianna about later. :P

I'd also personally like to start establishing what Alexander's been up to since he got back down to the city then maybe bring him in to interact with Dylan and Allegra sometime. At the minute he's a little occupied but we'll see what happens. :P

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 10:10 am 
Maia
Maia

Allegra obviously wants to form a master plan to make Lucius fall - and she's counting on Dylan's help ;) But at this point she is entirely unwilling to include Adrianna in any such plan. Discovering that Adrianna was going to help Dylan will be a major shock - Allegra will partly think that Adrianna's actions were a desperate attempt to redeem herself. But obviously, she's clever enought to know Adrianna can be useful. =) Anyway, I'm not sure where to "drag" everyone else either yet :lol: Right now I think it's too soon to begin "THE" Lucius's downfall plan right just this minute - though perhaps it can be touched on?

Ooh, was his cell locked? O_o I must go back to check my post where Allegra frees Dylan *muses* It would be added drama if his disappearance is a major scandal and manhunt :lol:

Speaking of Alexander being preoccupied, my Gardenia post is uppp ;) Poor gal. She's doing her best to reel him in. XD

EDIT: just realized I accidentally typed "not locked" :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 10:33 am 
Elf
Elf

Well I can tell you now, Alexander ain't no fish. :P

Small brainwave: probably not a major plot device but it might be worth exploring the repercussion of Casimir Nylander's death. Obviously he's not someone who was well loved but he's still supposed to be Allegra's and Lucius's father and a pretty powerful personality, therefore it stands to reason that his passing should be commemorated according to his standing in society. Whether his death particularly affects either of his children isn't the point - they'll have to have a funeral at some point and it does mean we can bring some of the characters together in different ways - i.e., if Lucius is there it's likely that Adrianna and Gardenia will be and then, of course, Allegra will be around too.

Dylan and Lilly, though, won't have much to do. Might be an idea for me to bring in a curious Alexander at this point so they're not left entirely to their own devices... I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Alexander and Dylan bounce off one another. :D

If I recall correctly Allegra and Lucius went in for a bit of a chinwag then when Lucius disappeared off to do something Governor-y Allegra proposed her idea to get him out of there. It all went off without a hitch but when a prisoner disappears without a trace it tends to get people a-wondering. :P
It depends whether or not everyone's interested in pursuing (no pun intended :P) that kind of plot. I think I'm pretty much up for anything at this point. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next