Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The First Reign of Terror
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 6:40 pm 

Quite some time ago I had an idea to start a HP Marauders RPG, about the Marauder's last year at Hogwarts and their growing efforts to stop the rise of the Dark Lord. Sadly, this RPG never worked out, but I wanted to give it another try. :)

I think it would be fun to have this RPG be canon based, so perhaps it's a good idea to first have the main canon characters taken before OC's are allowed. I will start and claim Sirius Black and Dumbledore. :)

Any suggestions/addiotions to the plot are most welcome!

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject: Re: The First Reign of Terror
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 6:45 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Location: Look to your left. Now back at this text. Did you see me?

Canon! I'll take Remus Lupin :) I'd also like Lucius Malfoy if we can work it out where the man's valuable to the plot. If not, I can take him on as more of a static character in addition of a third more useful character.

Also, do you want to have this set in the time of the late Marauder Hogwarts years or in the short time after they graduated when everyone was working full time for the Order?

"old soldiers never die, they just fade away."
- general macarthur

graphics by goldstrike
the barracks

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 6:52 pm 

Welcome, welcome Foot Soldier! :-D

Lucius actually seems like a must-have character in this RPG, especially since he would have been an important death eather, and trying to recruit new followers of You-Know-Who. Too bad that he's somewhat older than James, Snape etc. :( Couldn't we just make him younger, and adjust his age to the rest of our canons? :teehee: I know how much you like to play him, and it would really harm the plot to have him still at Hogwarts.. :P

Edit: I think that Hogwarts, perhaps shortly before their graduation is the most convenient, since you'll have most characters in one place and interaction is secured.. yet as the RPG may advance they might graduate and start to work fulltime for the Order.. How sounds that?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 7:04 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I think an RP that's set to progress from school to Order sounds really nice (: To avoid going over the entirety of the 7th year, maybe we could pick a point after one of the holiday breaks to begin at, say after Christmas or Easter?

Lucius is about four years older than James, Sirius, and company, so far as I can remember. It could be possible to have the RP dually faceted following the as-yet not graduated Marauders and a few canon Death Eaters like Lucius, Narcissa, Bellatrix out and about in the wizarding world. That way you could cover what's actually happening and what the students of Hogwarts are being told as well as what Voldemort's really up to. The plots could be connected by Lucius being in contact with Snape, who could already be a Death Eater or at least in the recruits. That way we wouldn't have to change up the canon :)

- general macarthur

graphics by goldstrike
the barracks

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 7:17 pm 

That's what I thought.. :yes: I think it's nice to highlight the still juvenile, and perhaps innocent, side of the Marauders, when they're still at Hogwarts and how they quickly become adults as the join the Order and start to fight Voldemort.
Eastern will probably be a good point to start.. :)

And I think that could be a good idea, if we have enough players to cover all those 'extra' characters, and keeping in mind that that plotline might be less active than the one which is set on Hogwarts. :)

Yay! I'm really excited for this! Hopefully more people will join! :yes:

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 7:26 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Annabel Lee is in. I texted her about it and right now she's shopping at Target, but she should pop by the thread later :)

If need absolutely must be, I could *probably* handle the Death Eater plot line with Lucius as main on my own, provided there's someone else to pick up Snape. I could use this thread to make sure any ideas I have meet the other players approval and I could keep it moving in that way. The dynamic would be a little less like a role play on that front if that happens, but all that's really needed is enough for the Hogwarts players to be able to react to until they graduate and the plots merge, right? It'd be like writing fanfiction, which I excel at :D But I don't want to do that if I don't have to, it's just a solution :)

I agree that the rapid change after they graduate could be a really good process to RP. There's lots of room for expanding personalities that way :)

Easter it is. Maybe when the time comes to start, we could do the standard 'errrry'body on tha train' trip lol

EDIT: I could slap myself in the face!! There's also another window for connecting the plots between Peter and the Death Eaters to exploit the nature of his betrayal. I was so focused on possible Lucius and Snape interaction I totally for got about ol' Wormtail.

- general macarthur

graphics by goldstrike
the barracks

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 7:41 pm 

Great! Funny, that you know people from AU personally.. ;) I will PM some people who might be interested, but that will have to happen tommorow as it's really late over here. :P

Oh! But I could take Bellatrix or Narcissa if necessary! It wouldn't be fun at all to let you handle that on your own.. ;) Like you said, it wouldn't be like a RPG anymore, and besides, it would take up alot of time for you to handle all those characters. And yes, I did think of Wormtail. :yes: Since it's all up to us how everything will happen, it perhaps can be nice to have Snape talk into Peter of joining the Dark side.. Lucius & co. might then eventually make Peter turn into a double-agent, so when Snape finds out that Peter will betray the Potters, he'll feel even more despair, knowing that he turned Wormtail. It's just an idea.. :)

Oh yes! I love the train scenes, I'm not sure if everyone went home with Easter in the books, but we can decide that they did. :teehee:

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 8:13 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Easter holidays were mentioned in the earlier books because I remember Harry skipping them, but they more or less dropped off in later novels.

Oh, Will. You will soon learn that I have nothing but time to spare :D

I'd prefer you take Narcissa, if my opinion means anything, because a good Narcissa backing him is pivotal to a strong Lucius. IMO.

Yes... there's lots of tricky things that could happen with Peter. Depending on how juicy his plot gets, I may even want to pick him up. I think I could do the slithering devil some justice :) I'm pretty good at the whole inner conflict thing. My original novel lives and breathes on it.

- general macarthur

graphics by goldstrike
the barracks

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 8:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'm here now!
I would love to join but I'm not so good at taking real characters at the moment, I've been out of the rp game for a while and even longer still out of HP. I can fill space with oc's and maybe a random canon character that's not very important but needed to fill space.

Profile           YIM        

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 8:32 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Oh, man up, Annabel :P Stop whining and haul your patootie to the HP Lexicon to do your homework. Or be Bellatrix. You excel at writing for the crazies ;)

Or, you know, do your usual thing. That's cool too.

I'm glad you're here<3

- general macarthur

graphics by goldstrike
the barracks

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 8:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Writing for the crazies lol?
I haven't done that since I first started rping.
I guess I'll go over to the lexicon *sigh*
EDIT:
I read a few different sites and I guess it all depends on the involvement of the characters

Profile           YIM        

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 10:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

Hi, I love the sound of this rp. I am ok with Canon (strong personas like Draco Malfoy) and I am good at being evil so I could be random death eaters if needed. Otherwise I have a variation of an OC I would like to play, but so you know, she is paired with Sirius.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 10:38 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Welcome to Team Death Eater, Misa_Amane :) I'm happy you're here, too<3

@Annabel: Good girl. You read that Lexicon. Study it. Know it. :D You'll be fabulous in the end, you incredible writer you. I believe in you. With all my heart.

And I totally know you've been trying very hard to quit the crazies. And you're doing wonderfully :)

- general macarthur

graphics by goldstrike
the barracks

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 10:54 pm 
Maia
Maia

Um, if you want, I am good at doing crazies. You should meet my personal sidekick to The Joker, as crazy at he is, but as smart as Harley Quinn. I have been complemented on my evilness many times for characters by friends.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 5:18 am 

Welcome Annabel and Misa!

It would be great if you both first chose a Canon character. Do you have one in mind already? As it is now Sirius and Dumbledore have been claimed by me, and Lupin, Malfoy, Narcissa and Peter (?) have been claimed by FS. (I found you a nickname! :teehee: )

So there are more than enough characters to play. :yes:

Misa- If you don't mind, I would like to keep the romance to a minimum, especially planned romances. Romance may play a part in the plot (as Lilly and James are obviously dating by then), but only a minor role.

And I might take a look at the HP Lexicon as well, as I've read all the books in Dutch, some names of characters and objects are quite different. :yes:

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 11:02 am 
Maia
Maia

Ok Will. and Annabel Lee, if you don't want to do crazy any more, I could to Bella.

And Will, if you want I could PM you with what I was thinking concerning the romance (I don't plan to make it big).