Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: System PBF rps
PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 11:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Hey all,

I know IM not normally in this particular segment of the forum, indeed, Ive not been on the forum for a long time. But, while IM thinking on it, I thought I'd throw something out there.

As some of you know (if any), Im a player of tabletop RPG's, or SATT games (sat at the table), such as Dungeons and Dragons, World of Darkness,Mutants and Masterminds etc, that use characters generated by the players using a system, and using dice and such to determine the outcome of certain actions. This prevents players from going all Mary sue, because theres not only a system that sets out what can be done, but the GM, or games master, is there to moderate it and houserule, as well as provide the players with their setting and plot.

Normally, this is done somewhere with a table, just chilling, playing and generally consuming delicious mountain dew and cheetos :P But there is a few people who run PBF, or play by forum games, similar to the rps you guys run here, with the GM rolling or whatever determiner the system requires for skill tests or actions. A good example of a system suitable for this would be Savage worlds, which is a good template system to look at.

But yeah. Just thought Id throw that out there, just to see what kind of reception such an idea would have :)

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject: Re: System PBF rps
PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 5:39 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I've actually seen this at work on several other forums(never in rl at a table because I live in a redneck military town where people like cleaning guns then geeking with SATT RPGs), and it works out pretty well for the most part. But sometimes it causes the GM(who is generally the same person alot) to get a big head. But I think that there have been several attempts at this sort of rpg system on this forum but most of them never make it very far. One of the main reasons being the GM stops posting due to no longer having time or just stops posting for unknown reasons...

Profile       WWW     YIM