Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strangers in Middle Earth
PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 1:02 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I was a part of an rp on another site where we played as ourselves, but we had all been sucked into the world of lord of the rings, which meant that whatever we could do in real life, was all we could do in the story. I've been wanting to do a story like this for a while so if your interested then please join in so we can get this started. Also in the story that I was a part of last time it started during the battle at helms deep, but I was thinking that it could start right after the fellowship had been formed, but while the council was still gathered.

Previously Known As Orophin

Post subject: Re: Strangers in Middle Earth
PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 1:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

You can count me in, it's awesome idea ^^

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 1:33 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I am in!

set by skitty

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 3:03 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Glad to have you both, and hopefully we will get some more interest in this. I'm going to put up my profile tomorrow, but you can add yours know if you want. After our profiles are up I will start the thread, and if anyone else wishes to join after that they just need to respond here with there bios, and after I confirm it they can jump in. :-D

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 6:20 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Count me in. :)

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 8:55 pm 

... I can't resist, I'd love to join this. :D

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 12:00 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Glad to have you both on board.

I forgot to mention that the story will still be done in a third person view, and that you don't have to have all of your information put into your bio, but I still would like the basics covered like actual name, fist name needed, but not the whole name; age, height, and race must be covered, Human confirmation not required :goofy: :lol: , family info, and history not needed, basic personality, and appearance needed, just to give an idea for the story, and if you carry any weapons in real life then you can bring them with you, but I would like to stay away from guns altogether, also the clothes that you are wearing when you first get to middle earth don't matter, because once where there we will get new clothes, and weapons that we have some skill in, or would like to try using, and however you get brought into the world is your choice,you could be reading the book, playing a game, watching a movie, or doing an rp, even the way you are brought in is your choice, anything from being sucked into a vortex to disappearing in a flash of light is fine, and up to you. This story is also going to be affected like the first story in the Chronicles of Narnia series, meaning that we could be in the story for a year there time, but when we com back to the real world at the end of the story, it would be like no time at all has passed. See y'all in Middle Earth.

Name: Trey

Race: Human(White)

Sex: Male

Height: 5'9

Weapons: Brings none with him, but gets a quiver of arrows, a re-curve bow, two daggers with blades that curve around in front of his hands, like what Bors had in the 2004 King Arthur movie, two war axes, and two short swords once he gets to Middle Earth.

Personality: A bit of a smart alec, and kinda sarcastic, likes to read books, watch movies, play video games, and come up with stories, so an all-in-all nerd/geek/dork, whatever you want to call us. Hot headed, and works to control his temper, slow to trust, but a very faithful friend. A bit serious, but enjoys having a good time at the same time.

Appearance: Short dark brown hair, slightly balding into a horseshoe style, thick muscled arms, and legs, a bit overweight, dark olive skin, a slightly round face with hazel eyes, and clean shaven. Has a tattoo of the Star of David with a cross in the center of it on the upper part of his left arm, the star is black, and the cross is crimson outlined in black. Wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, and a light gray t-shirt when he gets brought into Middle Earth. Gets a pair of black leather boots, a pair black leather gloves, a pair of black cowhide pants, a white wool shirt with a collar, and long sleeves, a black leather jerkin, and a black leather duster with a hood when he gets to Middle Earth.

History: May discuss in story some as basic dialog, but not putting it up here.

Last edited by Kraven H. Silverfox on June 26th, 2012, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 12:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

Name: Kinga

Race: Human

Sex: Female

Height: 156 cm.

Weapons: Also doesn't have none when she appeares in the Middle-Earth but is skilled with a bow and sword (was training with medieval group when she was younger).

Personality: Ironic to the bits, very hard to follow and messed alltogether. She may seem chaoitic but has sharp mind that can cut like a sword and as sharp tongue. She never trust people, she prefers to approach from distance.

Appearance: Short blackhead with blue slanted eyes, never combed short hair, metalhead wearing. She has very pale skin and comparing to black clothes she looks like a vampire. She seems to be always in motion, even when she is seating.

History: Later.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 1:28 pm 

Name: Cate

Race: Ocelot Human

Height: 5'5

Weapons: Brings none with her. Later acquires a bow and arrows, but she's a terrible shot, and also a lightweight shortsword.

Personality: Depending on who you ask, Cate might seem either shy or arrogant--she's not too talkative until she knows people well enough. For the most part, she's nice (or at least civil) to everyone, even those she doesn't like, since she thinks most arguments are pointless and worth avoiding. Sometimes she can seem like she doesn't take things seriously enough, but other times she can be a bit too serious (bordering on pretentious).

Apperance: Thin, very athletic, with shoulder length dark brown (nearly black) hair and brown eyes. She is neither pale nor tan, but has a vague olive tint to her skin. When she arrives in Middle Earth she is wearing a black tee shirt, a navy blue cardigan, grey skinny jeans, and a pair of black leather boots; will be determined what she wears after that later.

History: May or may not be revealed if relevant.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 2:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Name: Dorian.

Race: A god...well, human :P

Sex: Male.

Height: 5'4'

Weapons: Was attending to the same medieval groups ans Kinga, since they are siblings, more to say: very close siblings. He enjoys fighting with a sword and even has one in the house, made by his father when he was younger (both father and Dorian). He is weak with the bow but looks good with it haha!

Personality: Rather closed in himself, fears only spiders and doctors, he is one of so called 'pagan' people. He is in close relationship with Asatru religion which means he worships Norse gods. He seems almost always gloomy and not very pleasant; some may take him for an enemy, not knowing him good. Nice that sister is always on his side...

Appearance: A goatee beard, black eyes and black short, messy hair. He seems to enjoy his visit in Middle-Earth, because he can wear medieval clothes, or at least 'fantasy' clothes. Usually wears just black tee shirt and torn jeans.

History: "...if relevant" :D

set by skitty

PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 8:35 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Name: Ronald

Sex: Male

Height: 6'1"

Weapons: A crowbar, and a bowie knife made by his father. Also knows some hand-to-hand, mainly grappling and brawling.

Personality: Shy, introverted, paranoid, caring, diplomatic, joking, and understanding.

Appearance: Somewhat overwheight, but well proportioned. Brown hair and a a full faced red beard. Gray-blue eyes, goes into Middle-Earth wearing a "Ride the Lightning" t-shirt with a flannel shirt orver it, a pair of jeans, a broken in pair of steel toed boots, and a wide brimmed hat with a captains insignia on it. Not sure of what native clothes he'll wear.

History: All in good time... :happy:

PostPosted: June 29th, 2012, 9:57 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The story is now up, and it has the same title as this discussion thread.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 7:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey guys! I did not see this topic before. I went and hopped into the rp. Hope no one minds.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 7:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Alexandra Deggins

Height: 5'4

Weapons: None. Will wield small hatchets and spear later.

Personality: Civil, generally avoids conflict. When angered it is not prone to raging, just silent cold anger - known for her death glares. Judgemental, though she is prone to rethinking first judgments. Prone to rambling and second guessing herself.

Apperance: Wiry, thin, almost all muscle due to leading a very active life. Long dark brown hair which is rarely down (when it is you know it is time for her to relax or shower), tanned from outdoor jobs, brown eyes and freckles on her nose (also from working outdoors)

History: Explained throughout rp

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 12:19 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That's fine, glad to have you on board. :-D