Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battle Royale RPG? [OPEN]
PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 10:03 pm 
Vala
Vala

Battle Royale RPG

Hi, I want to do a Battle Royale RPG. If you don't know what that is, you can read about it here.
Basically, think Hunger Games except set in Japan, more brutal and not so silly, and it came first.

Every year in Japan a class of 15-year-olds are chosen to participate in the Battle Royale act.
It was designed to keep the teenagers of the country under control, since they'd stopped respecting adults.
So this class that gets selected are all sent to an island where basically they have to kill each other.
When one survivor remains the game is over and they have won.

It's kept under the map, and isn't like Hunger Games where people bet on it or sponsor them or whatever.
It's more brutal than that and a lot more raw, which is why I like it a lot more.

It takes place over the course of three days, and all the participants are given a bag of "necessities".
Such as food, water, hygiene articles for the girls and a weapon. What the weapon is depends entirely on chance.
It can be anything from a gun to a machine gun to a sword to a knife to... well, less great weapons.
I believe one guy in the movie gets a pot lid. Which is pretty useless.

The RP.

My idea is that we obviously change it so that it doesn't take place in Japan, but we still stick to the original concept.
Our characters are students in the same class that gets chosen to participate in the Battle Royale game.
After we've chosen our own characters we'll add the remainder of the characters ourselves, until we've got a full class.

Then our characters wake up on the island, as they do in the movie, and we'll take it from there.
The goal would be for our characters to kill off all the other participants, and then when there's only us, we'll find a way off together.
Now it's not as simple as anything, because the students all have collars which shows if they're alive or dead.
It shows where they are, too. And the island is surrounded by military in order to keep any of them from escaping.
The island is also divided up into sections, and when the leader does the announcements, he'll say which sections are "danger zones".
If a section is a danger zone between 12pm and 3pm, for example, then anyone in that area at that time will die.
This is to prevent participants to just hide in one spot for the entire duration of the game to wait for it to end.

I, personally, think the challenge would be in keeping our characters alive as well as making them win the game together.
Unlike in the Hunger Games no one cares if no one survives, so threatening anyone with suicide would be pointless.
Unlike in the Hunger Games no one knows about this game, so no one would be prepared and wouldn't have any real skills in anything.

If you haven't seen the movie or read the book or at least familiarized yourself with the concept I don't think you should enter.
No offence, but I'd rather not do it than do it and have it not stay true to the concept of the movie/book.
This isn't like the Hunger Games and can't be roleplayed as such.

Well. Is anyone interested or am I the only fan of this on this site? xD

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

Post subject: Re: Battle Royale RPG? [OPEN]
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 3:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'd like to join, please! :)

Post subject: Re: Battle Royale RPG? [OPEN]
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 3:27 pm 
Vala
Vala

Sure. :)
Have you seen the movie or read the book?
Or the manga, for that matter.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.