Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New RP Ideas
PostPosted: September 25th, 2014, 1:35 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hey! How are the ideas coming? I haven't been on in a while, I know... I've just been busy.

~Married to Faramir of Gondor since 7/5/2014~

~*~Túranel Narussë Talintë, Daughter of Fëanaro~*~

PostPosted: September 25th, 2014, 4:43 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Things are going fine, I think everything has been more, or less, figured out, but then Amara disappeared, I hope everything is OK with her. If your still interested then go ahead and put up the info about your character/characters, I'm going to put my bios up soon also, and hopefully Amara will come back soon, and we can get this thing rolling.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 12:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HERE.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 6:19 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Glad to hear it, I'll get my bios up either later today, or tomorrow. Everyone else just try to get them up soon, and then I'll start up the rp. Let's get this thing rolling. :)

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 11:43 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Here are my characters.

----------------------------------------

Name: Anarion

Race: Sylvan Elf/Human

Height: 6'11

Family: Father(Arathorn), Twin-Brother (Aragorn), Mother(Gilraen),

Animals: Dog(Black Lab)-Anaamarth, Snake(King Cobra)-Ardagnir, Silver Winged Falcon-Feael, Black Horse-Shadowfang, Younger Brother to Shadowfax.

Weapons: Twin Blades, Nauralogos, and Naurgwaen, Long Blade, Flambard, Called Faerdagnir, Twin Daggers, Sack of Throwing Darts made from the dried bones of Animals that he has eaten, and Orks has have killed, Gauntlets with short claws at the ends of the knuckles, and a dark wood Long Bow.

Personality: He is a bit of a smart alec, and likes to make sarcastic jokes. He is a dedicated friend, and would lay down his life if it meant saving one of his friends. He is slow to anger, but has to watch himself so that he doesn't lose his temper at the wrong time. He is a wild fighter, because he chooses to let loose his anger during combat.

Appearance: He has black heir that he keeps cut close, grey eyes, he has a really well built body, his ears start to look like an Elfs then curve off. He wears a long sleeved black shirt, long black pants, black boots, a long black cloak, and a necklace with a dragons head. He has a pair of Gauntlets that have a dragons head designed on them with crimson stones that rest in the dragons eyes. He also has a black quiver with a silver dragon wrapping around it, and his Longbow has two dragons connected at there tails. He can also twist the ends of his bow off, which look like dragons talons, to use his bow as a walking stick, or a fighting staff.

History: He was born the youngest of the twins. They where fraternal and not identical twins. His parents decided to send him to live with a friend couple of theirs within the Dunedain, who had just lost a child during birth, so that if anyone ever discovered their heritage and tried to kill them then they wouldn't all die. He was given the name Anarion, as well as the Dunedain name Zôrzagar. His adoptive father died when he was fifteen, and his adoptive mother died when he was twenty. He then went to live with some friends that he had made amongst the Greenwood (later know as Mirkwood) elves. Trained by both the Dunedain, and the Elves, he became one of the mightiest warriors recognized by both. When he was thirty he was sent on a quest with Aragorn, and when it was completed they visited their mother who upon seeing her youngest son broke down crying, and told them of what their parents had done. He grew to be close to his brother, and birth mother. When out hunting one day, when he was forty, he met Gror, and they decided to travel together, and became close friends. Gror thought him how to use every plant usefully, whether that was for healing, food, or as a weapon against his enemies. Because of his time in Mirkwood, and because of the recognition he had gained amongst the Elves there, he met, and over the time become a good friend of, the royal family there. He is nicknamed, The Dragon, because of his furious fighting style, and all of the depictions of dragons that he has on him.

Name: Gror

Race: Dwarf

Height: 4'5

Family: Gloin(Father), Gimli(Twin-brother)

Weapons: 8 throwing axes, 8 poison axes, twin medium axes, and 1 Battle Ax

Personality: He is a kind soul who loves a good time, but he also is a mighty warrior. He enjoys studying plants that could be best used as healing herbs, a powerful poisons against his enemies, or just for regular use in food.

Appearance: He wears a brown shirt, brown pants, a brown tunic, and brown boots. He carries his throwing axes around his waist on his belt, he carries his poison axes on his arms and legs, 2 on each of them, he has his twin medium axes that hang upside down in the form of an X on his back, and his battle ax hang's between his twin medium axes on his back. He is slimmer then most dwarfs, he is also a lot more well built then other dwarfs, his head, and face, are shaved making him look more like a tall muscular Hobbit, or a short Human, then an actual Dwarf.

History: He is the younger fraternal twin of Gimli, and studied as a blacksmith, and a warrior. However he decided that he preferred the forest to caves, and working with plants to working with metals. So he started moving around, studying whatever he could find of Elf lore, and there gardening skill, he even met a few Elves who were willing to teach him what they knew about the different plants, and animals that lived in the forests. While out gathering plants one day he met Anarion, and they decided to travel together. They have become very close friends, and he has even taught Anarion much of what he knows about plants. His brother Gimli likes to tease him calling him "An Elf trapped in the body of a Dwarf."

OK, so everyone get your character/characters up, and then we can get this started.

Last edited by Kraven H. Silverfox on October 4th, 2014, 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 12:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

I could have sworn I replied to this topic, and the message you sent me. Totally my fault. I've been so forgetful lately. I have read the ideas that were discussed, and I'll join in. If that's still okay?

Also, I actually only have one LotR OC, that I have fleshed out enough to be involved in RPs, and that is actually my family tree OC, Queen Lónannûniel (or, in the language of men, Erin.) Is it okay to use her in this? If not, I will need much more time. I'm too swamped with other projects and the thousand and one things going on right now, to sit down and flesh out a new OC.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 1:50 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Erin Vanya it's still ok if you join in, and you dont have to use more than one OC, I'm using two, and I have no idea how many the others will use, but one character is fine with me. Send me your characters bio first so I can chick it out. I don't think that it should be an issue, but I'll look over it and make sure, and once everything is copacetic then we can get going. :)

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 1:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Great. I can make some trivial changes, to make her more Middle Earth like, that wouldn't change much of her character. Like making her full elven, and also Legolas's mother.

Of course, I'll start filling in a profile right now, and send when I'm done. Do you have a specific profile set up. E.g. Do you want me to lay her profile out the way you've done yours, or doesn't it matter?

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 2:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'm not sure what the background behind Legolas' mother is, so I would say check it out and see if she is dead, or not, or if they even ever bring her up at all. If she's dead then make her his stepmother, if she is alive then I would say to make her his aunt, and if they never talk about her at all then I would say that her being his mother would be fine. You don't have to do your bio like mine. I just feel that it makes it easier to actually go over all the parts of the character if it is broke up like that. So the bios setup is just whatever you are comfortable with the most.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 2:15 pm 
Ent
Ent

I'm positive that Legolas's mother is never mentioned at all in the stories or information. From what I've read of information about the Woodland Realm and all related elves (which is a lot), the queen herself is not mentioned at all. Or known to even exist. As it appears like most wives or mothers within the stories.

But, alright. Once I've finished the actual information I have, I'll see if making the changes actually works.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 2:18 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

OK, I just checked and there is literally nothing known about his mother so that will be fine. You'll just have to come up with a good reason as to why she's not at home in her kingdom, and is instead out traveling middle earth having adventures. Also she would know my characters as well, since Anarion is a friend to the royal family of Mirkwood, and Gror has met them since traveling with him, so keep that in mine.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 2:30 pm 
Ent
Ent

Believe me, it would not be out of character at all for Lónannûniel to be out adventuring. When you read her profile, you'll know what I mean.

But, alright. I'll make a note of that, for when the RPG begins. Also, since your characters are so familiar, they'll know then, that Lónannûniel and Thranduil always argue over everything, because as far as stubborness goes, they are equally matched.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 2:57 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That sounds fine with me, I would think the woman would have to be at least as strong willed as Thranduil, if not more so, to put up with him, just get it put together and send it to me, and then we can go from there.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 3:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

Okay, sent my profile. Do you want me to repost it here, after you've had a look through, for everyone else to see?

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 5:48 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

OK, I checked out your bio, and I don't see any reason why it should cause any sort of problems in the story, and I think it would be able to make for a few funny interactions between Anarion, and her, as well as interactions between her, and her son, when we see him from time to time. So go ahead and add your profile when next you get on, and once we can get the other characters put up then I'll set up the actual rp thread.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 5:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Alright then. :) It will be funny when Legolas appears, because he'll probably think that she's checking up on him. XD Even though she isn't.

I guess we should also discuss how Lónannûniel and Anarion will be around one another, and how much they know about each other's past, etc.

So, here's my profile then.
Name: Lónannûniel

Titles: Queen of the Woodland Realm, Lady of Starlight.

Race: Sindar Elf.
- Dispute: Rumours have circulated many times, that she may in fact be half elven, due to her darker hair, opposed to the usual golden colour. Since no one now lives, that remembers her mother, the dispute was dropped, there for she is acknowledged as the same race of elves as her father.

Height: 5ft7

Family: Thranduil (husband). Legolas (son.) Has a mother and a father, their names are lost to time.

Weapons: A dagger. Has a bow and a quiver of arrows, but only uses them when needs must.

Fighting Style: She tends to carry weapons that can be concealed, to give off the impression that she is unable to fight, to lull her enemy into a false sense of security. Lónannûniel is capable of defending herself, but is allowed little time to practise. Since whenever there is the opportunity for her to fight, there is always a guard around to lay their life on the line, before she can even reach for her dagger.

Other Items: A wooden flute, hand carved from the wood of a tree from Mirkwood, back when it was named Greenwood the Great.

Personality: Queen Lónannûniel is a gentle soul. Often happy surrounded by the sounds of nature. Or singing aloud, in solitude. However the Realm is often filled with the many quarrels of her and her husband, which would give off the impression that she was argumentative and as ill-tempered. Truthfully, she is just as stubborn as the king, and refuses to take on the role as his pretty little queen and nothing more. There is however some truth in her rebellious nature, as she will often try to intentionally lose the trail of the guards Thranduil has sent after her, or disobey his orders if she does not want to follow them. She just wants to be treated as equal.

Appearance: Adventure Clothes / Royal Attire / Casual Clothes

History: Lónannûniel was taken to Gondor, where she was raised during her years of infancy. Her mother was killed or disappeared when she was very young. Her mother's true fate was never discovered. During the War of the Last Alliance, her father fell in battle by the enemy's sword. From then on, it is unknown what exactly happened to her. Rumours spread through the kingdoms of men, of a young unaging woman, wandering through woodlands at night, singing of sorrows and loss.

It appeared that Lónannûniel herself had disappeared entirely, until she turned up in Rivendell. Her stay there was very short, only a summer at most. No one was told of the things she had seen, or the places she had visited. After leaving Rivendell, her journey took her north across the Misty Mountains. Having been so isolated from her kind, she was not aware of the elves of Mirkwood, or other realms claimed by her kind. While walking along the river, towards the Woodland Realm, she had a chance encounter with Thranduil. He had heard her singing, and stopped to listen. She was welcomed into the Woodland Realm, but she had no real reason to stay. After a few weeks passed, she had made up her own mind, that she would head to the east, and leave from the Grey Havens. Thranduil on the other hand refused to let her go. When she departed on horseback, he rode out after her. Caught up with her before she could reach the mountains, and asked her to stay in the Woodland Realm as his wife.

Having developed quite a fondness for the ill-tempered king, she agreed. Queen Lónannûniel has since then resided within the Woodland Realm, and given the king a son and heir, Legolas. From time to time, she does manage to slip away from the Realm, to explore different places of Middle Earth, but she always finds her way back again.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next