Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New RP Ideas
PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 11:33 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Okay...
Here's some information about my character. If this is okay... Tell me if it's not.

Name: Túrenissë Narussa (Túrien)

Titles: Daughter of Fëanor, Princess of the Noldor, Lady of Himring

Race: Noldor elf, House of Feanor

Height: 6'0"

Age: Unknown. She was born during the Years of the Trees

Family: Father: Fëanaro; Mother: Nerdanel, Brothers: Maedhros, Maglor, Curufin, Caranthir, Celegorm, Amrod, and Amras.
((All deceased except for Nerdanel who's in Aman and (maybe) Maglor, who's wandering along the seaside))

Weapons: Primarily sword, also bow and arrows.

Fighting style: She has two different types, both of which involve concealment. Sniper mode: She climbs into a tree and shoots at certain individuals while all the time jumping from tree to tree. Attack mode: She'll get as close as possible before attacking with her sword. Narussa is very skilled at concealment and can sit for hours in a spot without being seen. She's also a superb swordswoman, and uses the element of surprise to near perfection.

Other items: Her lute, which was a gift from her brother Makalaurë. She doesn't play it much, but she keeps it and brings it out every once in a while. She also has a dagger strapped to the inside of her boot, and a medallion with the House of Fëanor's heraldic device on it. She wears this inside her tunic, out of view.

Personality: Narussa is elusive and, outwardly, cold and stern. She's lived thousands of years alone, rarely seen by anyone, slaying the servants of the enemy relentlessly. Inwardly, though, once she knows someone well, and likes them enough, she's thoughtful and kind. Before the strife, she was fun-loving and carefree, but that side of her has nearly faded to nothingness. Narussa will never hesitate to help someone, especially if helping someone involves slaying orcs. She has a hot temper, but she can control it fairly well. However, if someone insults or speaks badly about her family, she'll be set off like a cannon.

History: The youngest of eight, with seven older brothers, Narussa had little choice than to be a tomboy. Her fondest memories are of riding and hunting in Valinor with her siblings and cousins. The division between Houses Feanor and Fingolfin and Finarfin never affected her.
She was especially close to her two oldest brothers, Maedhros and Maglor, and her cousins Findekano, Aredhel, and Artanis. But her loyalty to her father drove her to take the Oath with her father and her brothers, thus putting a wedge between her and her other cousins.
When she heard of her father's desire to burn the ships, she ran off, unable even to watch as Feanor doomed her beloved cousins to the Helcaraxe. She came back just as Dagor-nuin-Giliath began.
After the War of Wrath, she saw the fates of her brothers and disappeared into the wilds, becoming a legend, sometimes honored, sometimes feared. But what is sure is that she was never seen in Imladris or Lothlorien, where those who knew her resided.
Narussa remained hidden for the entire second and third age, though she watched everything from the shadows. She remained East of Chithaeglir, and kept guard over those who were there. Many times she saved a traveler or a lost child from orcs, but as quickly as she'd come, she was gone.

~Married to Faramir of Gondor since 7/5/2014~

~*~Túranel Narussë Talintë, Daughter of Fëanaro~*~

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 11:48 am 
Maia
Maia

Mine is a little short, but sweet. Haha.

Name: Amara Thandiel

Race: Elf

Place of origin: Mirkwood

Personality: Amara is a very free spirit; loving everything about nature and all that it possesses. She can be quite bubbly, but if there is work to be done and business to attend to, she'll make sure that the task at hand is completed in no time at all. She knows when to be serious.

History: Amara has been in Mirkwood her whole life. She grew up knowing the King and his son Legolas. But, not quite personally. Her father put her in hiding due to a family secret that he was scared someone would find out. He didn't want anything to happen to her, so he had one of his servants become her ranger "father". She thinks that her mother died a long time ago. She has no clue about anything. But, she has a really elaborate necklace that she has had since she was young, but her "father" told her to keep it hidden underneath her clothes for as long as she could -- Never fully explaining anything to her about it. She could never understand why, but he told her that someday she would understand and find out in her own time. (Amara secretly has a slight crush on Legolas, even though she fully denies it.)

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 8:26 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Túrien_Thalion

Yes, that character will be fine. In fact you reminded me of an old character of mine. I'm going to post up his profile, and bring him in later in the story.

Amara

Your character will be fine also. I find it funny that we will have a rather large group of people who are connected to Mirkwood. Also can you message me and explain her connection to the royal family in more detail, considering my characters connection to them, and Erin Vanyas character being the Queen.

Race: Noldor

Height: 7'9

Family: Second son of Finwe and Míriel Serindë, younger brother to Feanor, older half brother to Fingolfin, Finarfin, Findas, and Irimë.

Weapons: 10 crsent moon daggers, 20 trowing daggers, and a 6' staff with a cresent moon blade on each end, there are two cresent moon blades facing each way at both ends, it also can twist apart in the center to form two small 3' hand weapons

Personality: He gets angry rather easily, and is friends with only those who he has known long enough for him to feel are trustworthy. He is fierce in battle and while protect his friends to whatever end. He doesn't like being noticed as a younger brother of Feanor because of his oath he swore on the Silmarils, and because he blames him for the break in their family, regardless of Morgoths involvment.

Appearance: He is a tall dark skined Elf. He shaved all his hair off, because he and Feanor had been born with the same hair, and he didn't wish to show kinship to him. He has dark birthmarks of crescent moons over each eye, the one over the left eye faces left, and the one over the right eye faces right. He wears a black leather cloak with a hood, a black long sleeved shirt, with a crimson breast plate that he wears over it, and black pants with crimson leg armor over them, black leather gloves, and black leather boots. All of his armor is made of solid forged, and stained to get its color, mithril. His eves are grey and they turn silver if he is angry, at which time they almost seem to glow. He is also really muscular, and broad shouldered, giving him an interesting look for an Elf. His ears look like tall cresent moons.

History: His mother barely survived her pregnancy with Fëanor, and not soon after became pregnant and had him, she died during the birthing. Fëanor hated Curan and blamed him for their mothers death even though she had nearly died with him. He was named Curan, because on the night of his birth there was an unusually clear image of the cresent moon in the sky, and because of his birthmarks.

He desired no great rank amongst the Noldor, and instead swore to be the gaurdian of his families honor. A job he believes he failed. He was never really close to any of his family. He stayed in Valinor after his brother and half brothers left with their large group of elves. He swore to always stand on the side of the Valar, and to regain his families lost honor, after the oath that Fëanor and his children made. He trained with the Valar for the day when they would go and help the Elves retrive the Silmarils. He was the Elf who during the war against Morgoth captured him.

Years later he traveled to Middle Earth when news of Sauron made it to Valinor. He has stayed there ever since seeking to wipe out all of the Dark Lords servants. He is the Elf who Anarion went to stay with in Mirkwood, and is the person responsible for much of his training. He also helped Anarion gain welcome in Mirkwood for the Dwarf Gror. He is well respected amongst all of the Elven realms, and a close friend to their rulers.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 9:24 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hm...
Curan and Narussa will most likely really hate each other.
This should prove to be interesting.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 10:01 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I know what you mean. It's kinda the whole reason that I chose to bring him in, but like I said before, he'll come in a little bit later.

Also, forgot to mention earlier that the thread will be getting put up on the 13th. I have to take care of things up till then, but once the 13th gets here, as soon as I have a chance that day, I will be posting up the thread. So just hang in there everybody, I promise, it is coming soon.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 10:24 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Okay, sound's good. I'm looking forward to when Curan comes in. Things should get tense... I like tension in RP's.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 9:50 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I agree with you 100 percent on that. I can't stand when everyone is completely friendly with everyone. It's way to fake. They may all get along to some degree, but they shouldn't act like a bunch children going to daycare who are going to be best friends forever with everyone.

I've seen people who had characters who knew each other already so they had a friendship going at the start, but I've also seen people who had their characters just met and their already acting like they've known each other forever, or worse they fall in love on the spot, and never give any reason.

I'm also fine with romance being in threads. I've even had some of my characters take on a romance with another peoples character before, but we worked out a reason and a story to it, and then we played it out for a while to make it seem real. We didn't just through them right into it.

I know that these threads are based in worlds that are made up, but the attitudes should still be realistic to some degree at least. I feel that talking to each other and working out a story for why characters act a certain way is a great thing to do, and with that note I'll also add that I encourage doing just that in my threads.

I may be staring this thread, but we are all a part of it, and so if you have ideas about what we can do, then send them to me. I would love to go over them, to make sure they don't cause any trouble with the way the story is going, and to see if they could be used.

If you and another person set up something that will only affect your characters though, don't worry about telling me, because clearly it wouldn't cause an issue, or else I would've already addressed it

Lastly, you can bring in more than one character if you would like. I've already got three set up for this thread, so clearly I won't have a problem with it. So don't feel like your stuck with just that one. Just run the characters by me first if you want to bring more in.

Sorry that I went on so long on this, but I just keep thinking of things to add, and this is what came out. I'll try to make sure that I don't get to long winded when I post in the thread, and when I respond to this anymore.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 2:53 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Haha... that's alright.
I might end up adding a new character later, but I think Narussa's good enough for now.
I definitely agree with giving reasons, or at least having them. What I really don't like is when people make their characters do something drastic for no reason, without ever giving one. I'm fine with it just so long as they explain why in the same post or one really soon after.
I don't do much romance, and Narussa's not getting into any romantic relationships. Ghash, she's older than almost everyone in Middle Earth except Gandalf and maybe Galadriel. And Curan, if he was Canon. And they're most certainly not ending up together, considering both the fact that they're uncle and niece and they hate each other.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 3:09 pm 
Ent
Ent

There will certainly be no romance for Lónannûniel. She is a married woman, and has a son.

I have no problems with romance in RPGs, as long as the romance doesn't dominate the whole plot. Where whatever happens, it just exists to either bring the couple together or created a conflict to strengthen their love.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 4:07 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Narussa's definitely sounds like a great character, and if she's all you bring in that's fine. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that they could bring someone else in if they wanted to later.

I will also add that I agree that it would be way to wierd to even contemplate the idea of Curan, and Narussa, being in a relationship considering their background. The concept is rather nauseating actually. I also agree with what you said about characters that do drastic things for no reason, especially when it's never explained.

Yes, married women = no relationship in the thread. That makes perfect sense. So that's no surprise. I also agree that I, for the most part, can't stand RPs where the whole point of the story is centered around a romance.

Although I was a part of a thread that was a modernization of Romeo and Juliet, and I rather enjoyed that one actually. Of course my character played Romeo, but I'm sure that had nothing to do with why I enjoyed the thread. OK, so I'll admit it, maybe I'm actually a little biased on that one. :goofy:

PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 10:00 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Well, Romeo and Juliet is a classic, so that doesn't really count.
I really dislike when someone already married/in a relationship ends up in love with someone else. I'm really not into the unfaithfulness, drama or no.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 10:59 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

It is undoubtedly a classic. William Shakespeare was an amazing storyteller. I'm not into the unfaithfulness either, had enough of that in real life, I certainly don't need it in anything else.

I mean, I understand if a single person starts to have feelings for someone in a relationship, but as long as they don't act on it then it shouldn't be a problem. People can't control who they're attracted to, they can only control what they do once they know who they're attracted to.

We aren't mindless beasts, we don't have to act on our feelings. We know the difference between right and wrong, and therefore can make the decision whether we choose to give in to our primal desires, or if we compose ourselves in a way that is proper. The problem is that there are more people who choose to unleash their beast, then there is who choose to act in the manner that is becoming of them.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 10:01 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

*applauds*
Well put, Orophin.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 12:55 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Thank you. Although, now I kinda fell like a speaker at a Right IS Life convention. :confused:

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 5:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Here's that profile I mentioned. She won't be with us for the whole adventure. We'll meet her a little into the RPG. Then she will leave at some point.

Name: Talathiel

Race: Elf

Height: 5ft8

Family: A mother, father and two sisters. It is rumoured that she may have had a child with a man from Rohan, but there is no truth to it.

Weapons: Bow and arrows.

Fighting Style: Talathiel always fights from a reasonable distance, because her style is an archer. If the enemy were to come close, she will appear to flee, then take finish her enemy off with a well fired arrow. With close arm combat, she is useless.

Other Items: A string of pearls, that were a gift from a lost love.

Personality: In her day, Talathiel was quite adventurous. But, since her return to Rivendell, she has become quiet and withdrawn. She feels uncomfortable, when attention is put on her, and will often politely excuse herself. When the conversation is one on one, there is no shutting her up. Talathiel will easily talk the ears off anyone. When given a task, she will focus on it completely, as good as regarding the trust of another as a badge of honour.

Appearance: Maid / Adventure

History: Talathiel was born in Rivendell, the youngest of three sisters. During her infancy, she developed a dream to travel. As she got older, she did. Talathiel came to quite like Rohan, and often ran away there. Five hundred years ago, she fell in love with a blacksmith. She settled in Edoras to be with him. They married, and hoped to start a family. For the sixty years they were married, not once were they blessed with children. Her husband died of old age, leaving Talathiel heartbroken.

Leaving for the undying lands was not something she wanted, because she would still be parted from the one she loved. Instead, she returned to Rivendell. One night, she discussed her pain with Elrond. He understood her pain, having also lost his wife. To allow her time to heal, he gave her the duty of being Arwen’s maid. She could devote herself to her work, but no one would bother her while working.

Over the years, Talathiel found she preferred this job. The thing that she is most proud of, is that she has waited on both the Lady of Lorien and the Queen of Mirkwood. Not that she could tell which one was which, on appearance alone.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Talathiel sounds like a good character. If you only want to use her for a short time then that is fine, but if you should decide that you want to keep using her then that will be fine to. No pressure either way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next