Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 30th, 2007, 6:06 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

i have often been asked what race i would be off if i could live in middle earth. every time i have replied "Hobbit!". i think thay are the coolest people ever. not only are their accomodations incredibly amazing but they are so happy and content. everything about them is so peaceful. :)

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 30th, 2007, 7:06 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

It's true that it was one of the first stories with Elves, but many fans didn't even discover the books until after they saw the movies, and by then, the number of books with Elves and other races was more common.

We will walk in bitter rain
But in dreams
I can still hear your name
And in dreams
We will meet again
When the seas and mountains fall
And we come to end of days
In the dark I hear a call
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2007, 3:00 am 
Vala
Vala

But that's because tons of other fantasy authors copy the Elves from Tolkien. It was the first. It wouldn't be just like any other book if it didn't have hobbits. I would actually like it more if it didn't have them, probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2007, 7:42 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Wait, you would like it more if Elves weren't in it, or Hobbits... :confused2: I'm confused!!!!

But in dreams
And in dreams
We will meet again
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1st, 2007, 2:58 am 
Vala
Vala

If it didn't have hobbits. I love Tolkien's Elves. They're really cool. Hobbits are just really annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1st, 2007, 7:58 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hobbits aren't as good as Elves, but they still bring the story to life. Why not like the creatures that one of our beloved authors created?

But in dreams
And in dreams
We will meet again
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2007, 11:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

Personaly I really liked the Hobbits. When I read about the hobbits I feel...at home. They seem allmost exactly like the people that I am surrounded by and even myself (except for the hairy feet). A few of the hobbits even remind me of certain people that I know by name. I suppose what I mean by all of that is that I enjoy reading about the hobbits because Most of the time I can relate to them. Though in honesty if I could pick which race I could be I would have to go with an elf probabley. :blush:

Aerandir, I will agree that most of them took the shire and it's peace for granted but when you have that option most people will take it most oft as not and that is just a part of not being perfect. They really shouldn't have acted in that manner but I can not truelly hate them or immensly dislike them for doing that.

Lady Imidri, I agree with you about LotR not being LotR without the hobbits. Though Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Merry, and Pippin did play the more important parts then the other hobbits it still wouldn't have been the same without the rest of the hobbits. It wouldn't have been the same if for no other reason than that without them we wouldn't have been given any idea how the main hobbits lived and what kind of people they associated with before the war. For another thing without the rest of the hobbits at least to me the races would have seemed just a little too perfect, most of the time. I liked the fact that the hobbits weren't near as perfect as some of the other races. It gave us a slight taste of reality into our hours of fantasy and for me that was nice. Sometimes having somebody to empathize with rather than just sympathize with can contribute largely in whether or not you like the book itself. So for me LotR wouldn't be the same without the hobbits...even the majority of less focused upon hobbits.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 4:32 am 
Vala
Vala

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "without hobbits, some of the other races would seem just a little too perfect." How does the presence of hobbits make the other races seem a little more imperfect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 4:34 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

hobbits are Tolkien's best creation, I will love them forever :drool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 11:31 am 
Istari
Istari

Aerandir, What I meant by that was that without the hobbits Middle Earth would have been full of all of these allmost as near perfect as imaginable races. To me Elves, dwarvs, and Men were all very near perfect...especialy the Elves. So without the hobbits the whole of Middle Earth would have seemed just a little too perfect. They make the rest look not as perfect because the world can't be perfect if all it's inhabbitents aren't perfect. Though the others weren't perfect most of them were Very close. Plus when the hobbits were around at first it seemed that some of the other races seemed to um, how you say get on an even higher horse, which was a flaw. Also there's the fact that you need some balance and a taste of different cultures and without the hobbits a large part of that would be missing.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 11:02 am 
Vala
Vala

Right, okay. I think I understand what you mean, now.

From that point of view, hobbits aren't so bad, but their personality still gets on my nerves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 8:06 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I don't think the personality of a Hobbit was annoying. Though, sometimes they showed a weakness for wanting to go back to the Shire instead of roughing it. They were so used to the Shire that they couldn't let go as easily as the the other fellowship members could. But, then again, they haven't ever travelled far from home...

But in dreams
And in dreams
We will meet again
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2007, 4:56 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I like hobbits. I think they'd be fun to be with, but they'd drive me crazy after a while, since I've lived humans. I mean, they are simple and happy and everything, but they're simplicity would irritate me.
I would long to exercise my mind, do something intellectual. But apart from this I love them: the way that they are so contented and happ.
As for why they annoy people, I'll bet alot of them are jealous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2007, 7:32 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Why do theyget the hairy feet? Why do they get the unusual amount of meals? I WANT HAIRY FEET!!!

Kidding...

Jealous of what?

But in dreams
And in dreams
We will meet again
Calling me there
I will go there
And Back again

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2007, 3:26 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Well, of their happyness and the way they are so contented with their lives. They're not constantly rushing around trying to earn money so that they can "get that new plasma TV" or "that promotion."
They all seem to know what they want and they all pretty much have it. Make sence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2007, 4:09 am 
Vala
Vala

That's not why they annoy me. They annoy me because they take the safety of the Shire for granted, when it is constantly being paid for by the sweat and blood of the Rangers. :annoyed2: That's why they annoy me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next