Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Men in Middle Earth
PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 4:33 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

Oh, that is so interesting! I would be incredibly interested in reading what you've written! I've always wanted there to be more info on the Gondorian kings individually rather than the snapshot we get in the appendices. I did really like the chapter on Cirion and Eorl in Unfinished Tales. It was SO cool! Oh, it gave me chills! :)

Post subject: Re: Men in Middle Earth
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2017, 12:22 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Héalic wrote:
Oh, that is so interesting! I would be incredibly interested in reading what you've written! I've always wanted there to be more info on the Gondorian kings individually rather than the snapshot we get in the appendices. I did really like the chapter on Cirion and Eorl in Unfinished Tales. It was SO cool! Oh, it gave me chills! :)

Cirion and Eorl in Unfinished Tales is one of the really interesting chapters in the book. As for my collaborative writing RP projects, one is here in the RP forum called The Waning Days of King Valacar. It has kind of stalled of late but I will correct that.

The other can be found Here and is a work in progress. All attempts are made to keep the tales inside the parameters of what is known in canon, but there may be bits that unintentionally reach outside.

My Khand tale is a spin-off from a 4th Age LotR/Black Company mash-up RP tale I co-wrote with my wife. I will post that story in the 'Fan Fiction' forum when I get it edited into a readable form. The outline is of a clan whose sons had all gone off to war against Gondor and none returned, civil war in early 4th age, and a rise of a matriarchal society with the central character being the clan chief's eldest daughter.

Another good RP I was involved in about the Dunedain of the North is Darkest of Days which was set in and around Fornost when the Witch King attacked and the city fell. It is a bit dark, and the plan was to write a sequel of when Gondor came to their aid and the Witch King is defeated, but the writers all went their different ways in life. Still, it was a good year of writing!

I think I'll go read some chapters of Unfinished Tales, like Gladden Fields, Fords of Isen, and Aldarion and Erendis!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW