Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 10:43 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^ :yes: Thank God for Christmas sales! I thought it was amazing too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 11:21 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm so proud of myself! I brought Sharpe to school and we were watching Sharpe's Waterloo yesterday after our test and today ;)

Kudos for me! I have introduced Sharpe to an American School!! I hope that students next year will be able to see it too, when they are learning about Napoleon and the Battle of Waterloo. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2008, 9:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

Meh...

I suppose the films are okish..... I used to absolutely HATE them... but that was because I was a Bernard Cornwall purist (still am) and Sharpe is meant to have black hair! BLACK! And he gets a scar that pulls down his left eye to give him a mocking expression but that disappears when he laughs and you can see how handsome he is :drool:
Yeah... I've kinda been in love with proper Sharpe (novels) for about 6 years and Sean Bean, as good as an actor he is, just is not Richard Sharpe. He's not! Ok, he kinda gets Sharpe's personality, but only "kinda". He's missing something that is just Sharpeish but I can't put my finger on it... :(

Plus they really muck around with the story... The last Sharpe film I watched was Sharpe's Honour and one of the main part of the story was that Sharpe and Helena DID know each other. They'd been lovers before and Sharpe had killed her brother (Sharpe's Sword). And Harper doesn't go with him to find her. All his men still think he's dead and one of the funniest parts of the novel was when Sharpe joined back up with the army during the Battle of Vitoria and Trumper-Jones (I think - been about a year since I've read any Sharpe novels) who was Sharpe's lawyer person at his court material fainted at the sight of him! :lol: So I was like *beep* all the way through the film...
Oh and the whole Wellington asking how Sharpe was at the beginning of the film... What the hell was that all about?! Wellington couldn't really care less about Sharpe... actually he's rather embarrassed about him 'cause of Sharpe saving his life...