Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:45 am

Post subject: Re: Sean Bean's Movies
PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 3:51 pm 
Ent
Ent

Wow, I'm a Game of Thrones fan but I'd never seen that 'making of' before. Thanks for sharing it, Eä!

I haven't seen very many of Sean Bean's works but he's one of those actors who has thoroughly impressed me with the little I've seen of him.

I think we've all agreed that Boromir was fantastic, and GoT fans seem to agree that Sean was great as Ned Stark (even if they don't like the character).
I haven't seen Troy but I would really like to.

I saw Flightplan with Jodie Foster, which wasn't a bad film. I thought the captain character was wonderful, very sympathetic.

I hardly remember National Treasure since I saw it in theatres when it first came out, but I remember being excited about Sean being in it. And not being able to hate him as the villain because all I could think was, "Boromir! Boromir!"

I watched Equilibrium when I was too young to understand what was going on. So I don't recall it at all.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Sean Bean's Movies
PostPosted: October 11th, 2016, 6:28 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I just saw him in The Island when it was on television last Saturday (well, technically, the last two Saturdays, since it was playing on the same channel two Saturdays in a row), and it took me a while to recognize him, since he had his hair slicked back and he wore glasses. I've always wanted to see The Island, even if mostly for the title (total ocean aficionado here), even if it had nothing to do with an island (per se, but they must have got those pictures from somewhere). I liked it so much that I went and bought both the Blu-ray and soundtrack on eBay (but not before checking my local Walmart first). The only other movies I've seen him in is of course, The Lord of the Rings, and I caught a part of Game of Thrones (at least they didn't show the beheading, since it would probably be too gruesome, even for Game of Thrones) when it was on network television back when the Olympics was on. It also starred Ethan Phillips, who played Neelix on Star Trek: Voyager (I had to look that up on IMBD, since I knew Jones Three Echo looked familiar, but I couldn't remember the name of the actor, since it's been a while since I've been into Star Trek). I seem to see a lot of movies starring LotR actors than Hobbit ones, not because I think that one trilogy is better than the other (since I enjoy them both), but because the LotR actors star in more movies that I actually like! :)

Profile       WWW