Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2005, 1:04 pm 

eowyn wrote:
I miss the culture that was centraled around horses, but technology has replaced them, that would be cool if there was such a society still today

Yes, I know what you mean. I know technology is helpful, but it's just taken over!

I'm sure there are cultures still in this world that still cling to the old ways. In Mongolia, the people who live out on the steppes still centre their lives around their horses. The Mongolians are probably the world's best horsemen in all of history!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2005, 11:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Then I'll live in Mongolia. Do'h! I want to live in scotland, with the people with really cool accents. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2005, 6:30 pm 
Ent
Ent

*giggle* Ya, Scottish people have awesome accents. :)

I wouldn't mind living in Rohan. It's a very.......free sort of place. Very peaceful, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2005, 11:28 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yeah. If ther was one place in th eworld I could live, it would definatly be Rohan. Lot's of horses. And lots of land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2005, 4:25 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I'm with ya'll. Ah, yes, to ride a horse around all day would be heaven. In some parts of the state I live in, there's very farm/ranch/horse centered culture. It's my dream to live in one of those places, but for now I'm stuck in a city. Bleck.

Brego is my favorite Rohirric horse. He's got so much spirit, and is so loyal to his master. Shadowfax would be nice, too. He would fit my "need for speed."

^both siggies made by me^

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2005, 5:23 pm 
Vala
Vala

I don't know what horse I would ride. Felarof would be cool. The first of the Mearas. That's pretty cool. And he can understand human speach. that's also cool. But I don't really like all white horses.
Rohyrn is also cool.
I've always had an attraction to firefoot. Don't know why.
Asfaloth wold be nice A very smooth ride.

I'll just take them all

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2005, 4:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Location: location of what??well...my bed is in my room, the sofa is down stairs...odd question

Nauriel Rochnur wrote:
Ha! I looked it up, and the horse I was thinking of is called Felaróf.
His rider is named Eorl, and that probably confused me.
But Felarof, if I understand correctly, is the first of shadowfax's kind, the first of the Mearas. He's all white, where shadowfax is grey.

Count me in!!!! Felaróf was the father of Shadowfax and also the first of the mearas called mansbane, ect. but he was v. spirited and only let Eorl ride him in as a way of making up for killing Eorl's father, then sadly he died in battle *pouts* anyways lets go! *jumps on winfola or (firefoot if he is'nt taken yet)*

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2005, 9:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

i love rohan it's pretty much my favorite place..

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 7:44 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Then may I take Nahar, the horse of the Hunter; Vala Orome himself? If he is taken or forbidden, then I would choose Rochallor, Fingolfin's, once High-Lord of the Nolder, and half-brother to Feanor, horse?

I love the Rohirrim. They, apart from the dwarves, are the peoples of Middle-Earth I am so attached to, and admire. I'm not to into the Gondorians, because they remind me of the Romans, who I care little for, but the Rohirrim, who remind me of the Old-English, I care much for. And it's not so much the horses that draw me nigh, despite it is a large part of the culture, rather the open plains, and laid-back land and culture. There aren't large stone cities, just a vast green plain, a place where I've always loved. Where my mom comes from, Slovenia; now that's a country I love. It's so peaceful and has an aura of kindness(an understatement, for the folk are truthfully just that, kind and happy), and it reminds me of Rohan. Now if only I oculd get to a place like that, and live in a little log house...

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7521

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 3:05 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I really liked Rohan it had a very Viking like atmosphere I thought and I also liked how Eowyn wanted to fight for her people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2006, 3:08 am 
Vala
Vala

Yeah, the minute I saw the Rohirrim for the first time in the movie the Vikings came to mind. I find that humorous, really - they're like Vikings on Horseback, except they don't raid. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2006, 11:11 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I must answer to that. Actually, in real battles vikings didnt wear these helmets with big horns. That is only in the movies, imagine how uncomfortable it would be in a battle in a helmet that gets stuck behind everything... They wore normal ones in battle. But they did wear helmets with big horns in tournaments and such stuff.
I will probably ask someone about vikings and horses some day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2006, 1:24 am 
Vala
Vala

Yeah, I know they didn't wear horns into battle. Same reason you shouldn;t wear flowy clothing into battle. Like dresses! You need somthing that people cant grab, then hack you to peices. Did you knw that in the Middle ages (and probably elsewhere) the knites kept thier hair short, because if it was long, some one would be able to grab it and slit thier throat. Yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2006, 4:47 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I love Rohan and the people. There so strong. When I saw it in the movies, it was wat my first impression was when I read about Rohan in the books really.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 9:34 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yes. Peter Jackson did a good job portraying the Rohhirim.

Post subject: Rohan: Home of the Horse-Lords
PostPosted: February 7th, 2006, 10:13 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Well me being a horse lover, loved the race of Rohan and the Rohirrim. That would be my ideal place to be, after Rivendell.

I did not imagine the Rohirrim to be so rough looking. I imagined them to be all elegant (not quite like the elves) and better looking armour. It says in the book that all the horses are grey when in the movie only some are greys.

From the book:
"Their horses were of great stature, strong and clean-limbed; their grey coats glistened, their long tails flowed in the wind, their manes were braided on their proud necks."

Now imagine that, then imagine the horse in the movie - alot different.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next