Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "I'm back" threads
PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 5:52 am 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

What with all these locking up old and useless topics and such in an effort to keep the forum organized, why are these threads still being made? It gets annoying when so much of the "Your Life" section is being filled to the brim with everyone making topics announcing their grand return. Is that really necessary? How bout just using "There And Back Again" - was it not made and stickied for a reason? I mean, the topic does say "This thread is where you can announce if you are leaving us... Crying and tell us the joyful news of your triumphant return!"... either this thread is redundant or everyone's individual threads welcoming themselves back are. I'm thinking it's the latter one.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2009, 7:04 am 

I have noticed a lot of these threads too. It's very nice to see returning members and a good reason to throw a party every time :-) but I agree with Haldir that the intro board might be a better place for them. Either the There and back again thread or personal threads to re-introduce people to A-U.
It's very true that I don't visit the Intro board as often as I go to the My Life section but if I see someone returning has posted there or there has been activity on the Intro board I usually go check it out. It's nothing more than a single click! :-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Last edited by on October 5th, 2009, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2009, 4:14 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I definitely see your point, Haldir, but I hadn't noticed THAT many around... :teehee: Nevertheless, like Eä, I don't go to the Intro section as much as I would like, so I'm more likely to notice that someone's back if I find their thread in the Your Life section.

To me, the There And Back Again thread is sorta like AU's recycling bin... it's the better choice than littering the forum with rubbish [not saying that people returning is rubbish, but you understand what I mean ;-) ].

Heh heh, rambling now. Perhaps mods could move the various "I'm Back" threads to their proper places in the Introductions area? Just so that we needn't sift through them whilst browsing the YL section. :)