Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What did you think of the Winter Ball?
It was Awesome! So much fun and so many friends to see and/or meet.. 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
It was a great time, wish I could have attended more though.. 35%  35%  [ 14 ]
I loved the events going on this time, like the masquerade and snowball fights....not just a dance 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
There should have been more events, but all in all it was a good party 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I didn't get to go ...but would next time if possible and I think we should have.. 30%  30%  [ 12 ]
Well, it was a good idea but I saw some improvements...such as.... 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Other- please explain XD 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject: Winter Ball- success or ?
PostPosted: December 29th, 2006, 10:09 am 

:bye2: Hello Everyone! Well, we've officially completed Ball number 2 at the infamous A-U Forum, a week long party with snowball fights, sledding, skating, dancing, punch, sugar highs and more.... So here's your chance to again give your input. What did you think? Was it a blast, a great time for all the members who attended? Was there enough advertising and advanced notice? Was there great things and some things we could try differently next time? Or... -cringes- ..was it a flop in your opinion and needs great revamping?

Let us know- after all your opinions on Bilbo's Ball lead to the creation, planning and so on for the Winter one! See, the mods do listen! :p

Personally I was thrilled with this Ball, I was so amazed by the number of people who came, ...sure less than our 2000 members...but tons more than the first ball.... and so many people were able to come and post more than once or even one day. I love having events where we can get together as friends and have fun, it keeps the community/family feeling of A-U, I think. But...it's not my turn to speak...it's Yours! :) So let us know.

~tin :bye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2006, 1:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Why can't I vote for more than one option? :P Several do apply! I chose the second option, the ball was amazing but because it was over Christmas, I just couldn't make it every day for as long as I would have liked.

That said, when I was here the whole thing was very well done. Instructions were clear, there were enough threads to spread out the crazy posters :annoyed2: and the masquerade was a stroke of genius! I think now that the whole masquerade idea has had a trial run, it should work smoothly if we have the chance to do it again.

This time, I believe there was enough advertising so that the general AU population knew about the ball well ahead. I was glad to see so many people turn out for the events, especially during the Christmas hols!

Many thanks and much appreciation, tin, for all you did to make this ball possible! What would we do without ya? :hug: :)

"You said: I know that this will hurt, but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2006, 4:06 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Most of it went very well and smoothly -- overall, I had a great time. :)

However, I think that some of the contests and events were slightly confusing. Did I just miss the tree decorating contest, or did we not have it? And I know that some people got confused on the times for the Masquerade, for instance. But those are minor, and didn't really put a damper on the experience. ;)

A big thank you to everyone who helped make it possible! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2006, 2:15 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I didn't get to attend much because of the dates of the ball... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 4:49 am 
Maia
Maia

Ya, I left on Christmas eve, I think... Possibly Christmas cuz I had a conference the 26-28th of December.

But when I was there, it was fun.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 5:44 am 
Ent
Ent

I couldn't attend the ball because of the exams so I can't really choose anything other than the fifth option. :'( Wish I could go.*wistful expression* :blush:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 6:23 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

I'm so sorry, I didn't go there! :( The whole week was so stressful, I visited my father and then didn't have much time to go there! I really would've liked to go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 9:16 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I couldn't go because of the dates, I was at my Grandma's for the whole time :(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 9:41 am 

Don't worry, those of you who couldn't attend or couldn't attend very much that week... I"m sorry you missed it, but we'll probably have another Ball/Party again in a while... so hopefully if you want to, you'll be able to attend then. :)

:hug:

~tin

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 2:15 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I think having the ball for a week was a really good idea. Unfortunately I think the fact it was during the Christmas festivities, meant that a lot of people were either very busy, or away with families. On the other hand, having it during that week, should also have meant more people could come (and they did).

I for one, totally underestimated the amount of time I would have on the computer during the week, so I missed nearly all of it. But heck, I enjoyed helping and all the talks about it, and lots of people enjoyed it so I'm not really complaining. (although I wish I'd been at the MB :P)

The Masquerade ball, I think went very well. The confusion about the dates it began/ended amongst the Masquerade members was my fault as if it was to end midnight 26th (UK time) it would be a completely different time for non-UK members. The MB was also a late addition to the ball plans, so next time it will be announced much earlier, and the end times will be worked out carefully.

Confusion for non-Masquerade members? Errm...yeah....it was talked about enough, and really it wouldn't have hurt every single member to have taken the time to read through the ball plans -whether they were attending or not - to realise what was going on. Next time I think there needs to be some banner made like "If your not part of the Masquerade Ball DO NOT mention changed usernames and who you think the members are", as there were quite a few people who did this.

Overall, I think it went really well. Can't wait for the next one! *begins planning costume*

@ Gwen - the sled race and tree decoration contest never began. The ideas came a little too late, and the feedback me and Larael received wasn't that positive. This year though, I hope we can make a go of such things. :-)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2007, 10:07 pm 
Istari
Istari

I thought it was wonderful! I do wish I could have gone more though. And I wasnt there for when it ended :( There is always next year! :P Great job Tin! :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 12:03 pm 

I thought the ball this time around was a smashing good time! I wasn't able to attend the entire time, but because it lasted an entire week I was able to attend more often than not.

The masquerade was a huge success! I completely missed the first one, but judging from how the second one went I definitely think we could do it again. I had the best time trying to figure out who people were and getting lost in my new identity.

As for the contests, I was slightly disappointed. I think we should have had more. As JF said, the contests we were going to run were just on too short of notice to actually start. Plus we both weren't there consistantly enough during the week to run them. I'm hoping that next time we'll be able to do several more contests than this time.

Overall, I had a wonderful week at the AU Ball and the memories of it will last a lifetime. Thanks mods for coming up with such a brill idea! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 12:43 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

^ Yes, I agree. I really would like the tree decorating one to go ahead this year. It's such a simple idea, but we didn't start to discuss it until the 18th or something. This year, I really think contests should be discussed as soon as the ball is announced, so any details can be ironed out in time.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2007, 10:44 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

hobbit_fan wrote:
I thought it was wonderful! I do wish I could have gone more though. And I wasnt there for when it ended :( There is always next year! :P Great job Tin! :hug:

I totally agree with Hobbit!! :D It was awesome, but I wanted to go more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 10:21 pm 

I thought the ball was totally AMAZING! The planning was a lot of fun (well, I guess for those of us who didn't actually have to plan anything major :P ) and the activities were awesome! I loved the masquerade, and trying to guess everyone else's identity.

It would have been nice to have more contests, but, as already mentioned, there just wasn't enough time to get them ready. I also hope that next time I will get to spend even more time here!

I am really looking forward to the next ball!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2007, 9:09 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I didn't attend the winter ball here(wasn't a member @ the time...) BUT, I did attend one @ the Dancing Lawn forums, and I REALLY enjoyed it! I also attended a costume party, a dance-dance,and now there's an upcoming Valentine's day dance. I would like to see one on here n' would gladly start the thread for it. :-D

Guardian of Osgiliath!

Profile           YIM        

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next