Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: \\Goldleaf and SilverRose: A/E and F/E celebratory battle//
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 12:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hello, everyone! In celebration of our one year friendship, Goldie and I have decided to have a A/E and F/E battle with a special round of A/A dislike. For the first 6 rounds, we'll each be focusing on our favorite couple, either A/E or F/E. For the next 3 rounds, we'll switch couples to appreciate them as well. For example, I will be making three Faramir and Eowyn graphics, and Goldie will make three Aragorn and Eowyn graphics. If you love Arwen and Aragorn, please avoid the last round. We'll try to make it as inoffensive as possible! ;) On with the battle!

[s]1. Our favorite couple[/s]
[s]2. Our favorite couple[/s]
[s]3. Our favorite couple[/s]
[s]4. Our favorite couple
5. Our favorite couple[/s]
[s]6. Our favorite couple[/s]
[s]7. The other couple[/s]
8. The other couple
9. The other couple
10. The anti A/A special

Goldie dear, you may go first! :hug:

Last edited by SilverRose on August 9th, 2009, 3:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 1:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

Hooray!!! :-D

Okay, for my first volley I've used Daughtry's "What about now" because as you know, it's one my favourite E/F songs and I listen to it all the time :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 4:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

I LOVE that banner, Goldie! :swoon: The placement is perfect, the colors are interesting and eye catching, and of course, the song is amazing.

I'm sorry this took me so long to make. Now that the Cookoff is over, I'm taking my sweet time with things. :-P I used the song "Story of Our Lives" by The Echoing Green. I just found this band yesterday and fell in love. You can hear the song HERE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 5:02 pm 
Vala
Vala

I'll be stalking this battle, so you two know. ;-)

Goldleaf: Love the lyrics you chose for your volley. That's a great song. :)

Rose: That picture of Eowyn is beautiful. I don't know what it is; it's just... really expressive. I like how smooth the banner looks too.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 7:28 am 
Maia
Maia

Thanks, Silvery! :-D Your banner is so pretty, I love the way you made their eyes brighter, and the smooth texture is really lovely :-D
Also, thanks for stalking, AF :lol: It's good to have battle stalkers, heehee :-D

Now here's my second volley... I've used a lyric from the song "One day like this" by Elbow :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 2:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thanks, Tariel! :-D I love that picture of Eowyn as well. The hope within her eyes is so touching and tragic, and Aragorn knows he's going to have to break her heart. :'(

I love your use of your newly acquired texture skills, Goldie! :-P One suggestion I have is that perhaps you could lower the opacity on the eraser and take a little bit of the texture off their faces to make them more visible. Besides that, amazing! :-D

I used the song "Silence" by Aly and AJ. Yes, they're kind of a preppy band, but this song is lovely and really describes Eowyn's heartache. I'm not sure if I'm very happy with this font, but something about the strength in it brings out the fragility of the images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 4:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thanks for the tips, Silvery :-D

What a lovely banner! The colours are really cool, they just look so soft :-D

Here's my next volley; predictably, I've ended up using the Houses of Healing :lol: I was thinking and thinking of a song to use, but none of them seemed quite exactly right. I've gone quite simple with this banner, and though it doesn't look like it, I have laboured over it a lottttt :roll:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2009, 5:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'm glad you like it, Goldie! :-D I love the soft glow your banner has. I really like the image you chose of Eowyn. She looks so hopeful and open. :) I definitely know what it's like to slave over a banner! Sometimes I mess around with one for over an hour and finally decide it's disgusting. Then I just throw it out. heehee

For this banner I just decided to use the Cup scene (as I call it), and I have no explanation for why I chose this text. That line was just running through my mind from a song I love, and I needed to use it. :lol: It's by The Echoing Green (again) and it's called "Here Is The House". I think it's a cover or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2009, 5:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Oh, I'm glad you like it! :-D

Wow, what a pretty volley! I love the effects you used, and the little stars :) And the quote suits it perfectly :-D

Here's my next volley... I've used Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol because I looooove that song, and it's so E&F <333

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 4:40 pm 
Elf
Elf

*sits behind an oh-so-inconspicuous wall in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a periscope and a few stray sandwiches, whistling like she isn't a stalker*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2009, 3:27 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Nice volleys thusfar, you guys! :D though... A/A hate? awww. that's too bad. :P F/E is the second best thing though, I admit. ;) so anyway, you guys are doing a brilliant job! Carry on!

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2009, 12:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

*revives* Thanks for reminding me about this, Goldie! I'm really sorry I haven't made anything sooner. :blush:

Thanks for commenting, everyone! PD, I think we're just doomed to disagree on ships. :-P I'm glad you like our volleys!

Chasing Cars is a very F/E song indeed! For my volley, I chose a song called "The Saltwater Room" by Owl City. This song is so beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 11:17 am 
Maia
Maia

Thanks for following the battle, PD and Meldy :-D Hehehe :lol:

Silvery, your volley is so pretty! I <3 the green tones :-D Good job! Here's my next volley... I've used Within Temptation's Pale :-D And I've gone for something a little different with the colouring on this volley :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 11:57 am 
Elf
Elf

Goldy, your work is seriously getting amazing! ^That is epic. I love the cold color scheme, it just works really well. And I'm a huge fan of that picture of Faramir. His hair is all blowy and epic. xD Anyways, the blending is fantastic, and I love the sparklies! One thing I'd suggest, is that the area under the main text looks kind of blank. Maybe adding some faint tiny text underneath would solve that? Anyways, I really love it, and you're work has improved so much. :-D

Sis, I love your volleys too. You two are doing a really great job with this. ^.^

...But just so you know, I'm gathering tomatoes for the A/A hate round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 1:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thanks, Estie dear! And I'll be ready with a bread cutting board to block all of those tomatoes. I shall be waving my Anti-A/A flag high behind our snow fort! Where we'll get the snow, I have no idea. :-P

I love that color, Goldie! Those images fit so perfectly together, too. :) I really like that border! How did you do that?

I used yet another Owl City song for this volley. It's called "Meteor Shower", and I think I'm in love with it. I experimented with greyscale and a hint of color this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 4:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thanks, Esteleth! :-D I'm glad you like the banner, and thanks for the tip :-D Hehe, I'm glad my work seems to have improved :lol:

And thankee also, Silvery! :-D I made the border go like that with the "ripped edges" effect, I think :)

Oooh, what a pretty volley!! :-D Owl City rocks! <333 It's such a lovely banner, the colours are awesome and so is the quote :pirate:

Nowww, here's my next volley; I've used Into the West and I've experimented quite a bit with it :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~