All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: -Sawyer/Juliet vs. Sawyer/Kate-
PostPosted: August 1st, 2009, 10:51 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

<center>SilverRose & Calloniel (PD) present you with
T H E B A T T L E O F
Sawyer/Kate vs. Sawyer/Juliet</center>

Sawyer, Kate and Juliet are from the hit ABC tv show, LOST. This battle is to showcase SR's love of Skate and my love of Sawyer/Juliet (not really sure if that has a cute little nickname or not :erm:). That's just about it really. lol Sit back, relax and enjoy this epic duel over who Sawyer should really end up with... nah, it's not all about that... really. It's not. :innocent:

:whistle:

Anyways, for now here is what we're gonna be doing...

<center>[s]~+Round 1-Already Gone+~[/s]
[s]~+Round 2-Already Gone+~[/s]
[s]~+Round 3-Already Gone+~[/s]
~+Round 4-Already Gone+~
~+Round 5-Already Gone+~
~+Round 6+~
~+Round 7+~
~+Round 8+~
~+Round 9+~
~+Round 10+~
</center>

might add on to it... might change it. So stay tuned.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Last edited by Calloniel (PD) on August 12th, 2009, 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2009, 10:57 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

If Kate and Juliet manage to kill each other in this epic battle, he's more than welcome to come over here... we could be Sawramel :whistle:

I will keep an eye on this one! *plants stalker tree*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 2:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

*runs into thread* I'm here! :-D This is going to be so much fun. Well, if this is about who Sawyer really should end up with, then I say he and that boar have got a thing going on. ;)

Hello, Ara! Hey, what about Sawrose? That has a nice ring to it. I think.

Just to let everyone stalking this know, PD and I have decided to use Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone" as the text for out first 5 volleys. The last five will be a song of our choice that follows the same theme as "Already Gone".

http://i26.tinypic.com/23kbyw8.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 5:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

ahem. *my* husband you're talking about here :bones: ;)
although, Sawrose & Sawramel work/sound a lot better than anything I can come up with :eyeroll:
also, *is stalking* & I love that silvery :swoon:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 8:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

OK, Sorry PD, but I am definitely rooting for Rose on this one :teehee: I can't stand Sawyer/Juliet, although I'm sure you'll make some great volleys out of it :D

Rose - gorgeous fist volley and Skate ftw!! :wave:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 9:22 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Whoa, lotsa people watching this one. :P and maybe I will be able to do some watching too if a fight breaks out over Sawyer… :P I’m perfectly happy to sit in the sidelines with moi Ben. Hehe.

Seriously, Gil? Gosh… *feels very lonely* I probably should keep my mouth shut then… being the serious and downright anti-Skater that I am and all. :whistle: yyyeaahhhh… (actually I'm more like anti-Kate all the way around... :whistle:.....)

Here's my volley... it sadly didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.

BTW, look at this!!! haha! :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yB-g78jAM
(it's slightly spoilerish... just so anyone who hasn't watched all 5 seasons knows ;))

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 11:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Haha, yes, seriously. I really don't know WHERE Sawyer/Juliet came from (I think the writers must have been doing some hard-drugs or something...) cause it was totally random, but hey, I have hope that Skate will prevail :D haha...

Anyway, despite my prejudice, your volley is great! That manip of Sawyer/Juliet is really really good!

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 10:03 am 
Istari
Istari

w00t! Tons of Skate supporters! *dances* Thanks so much, everyone. :hug: Enno, I shalt have a very small affair with your husband that will basically be us going out for ice cream and me getting rejected. But...my love for him will never die! *sniffles*

Gil, you're awesome. ;) You always make me laugh! I think I've found some who supports her ships as strongly as I do. heehee

PD, that blend is awesome. :blink: I can't even tell if that's a manip or if it's real, and I never would have noticed anything different if Gil hadn't said anything. :swoon:

Sadly, I don't have time to make anything until next Friday. I'll see you all later! Bye! :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 7:10 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Wait a sec… that wasn’t a manip, guys. :erm: both those pics I used came from LaFleur… they’re both very real. :P but thanks all the same… lol ;)

Have fun, SR! See you Friday! :D

Gilraen Ringeril wrote:
Haha, yes, seriously. I really don't know WHERE Sawyer/Juliet came from (I think the writers must have been doing some hard-drugs or something...) cause it was totally random

^I see where you're coming from. That's almost exactly how I felt when they first brought it in (it really is)... mostly 'cause I like Sawyer as a loner and I like... well, Juliet/Ben... just to be a little off the beaten path. :P but Suliet grew on me... ESPECIALLY after everything that happened in The Incident. :yes: now, personally, I'm going to feel really betrayed and upset with Sawyer if, after all he said ect, he goes running right back to Kate. Gah, so confusing... and this is why I dislike the LOST quadrangle in general. :P

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2009, 5:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'm back! :-D

Oopsies. Well, come to think of it, I did recognize both of those pics from one of the few season 5 episodes I saw. :-P I don't exactly remember those episodes very well, though.

I personally hope Sawyer goes back to Kate. I think I saw some of his season 5 episodes with Juliet and Kate, and even though I know he believes he's over Kate, I don't believe it for a second. I saw the look on his face when Kate came back, and I was like, "Score!" ;) I do agree with you, PD. This LOST quadragle is quite annoying. That's part of what makes LOST so unpredictable, though! :)

I made a pact with myself never to use Skate scenes that I haven't seen outside of youtube, so I think I'm going to be painfully short on scenes that fit the lyrics. I guess I just don't want to use anything out of context, and I also want to look forward to using those screen caps. :-P I'm making due with what I have, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2009, 10:48 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Welcome back, SR! :D

Yup! There you go. ;) it was LaFleur. *le nod*

Nuuu! No Sawyer back with Kate. No. That would just be wrong after all he’s said and done. It really would be. He’s grown up in the past 3 years. *le nod* Juliet needed to hold on to her man and not give up so easily. Lol, well at least we agree on something when it comes to ships. :P

Well, that makes perfectly good sense. Awww… I’m sorry to hear that. I guess it just means you need to watch more LOST! :teehee:

Next volley! :D

I just think these lyrics fit this scene so well... it was such a horrible and sad scene. :'(

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2009, 5:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thank you! I loves being back at AU. :)

Yes, Sawyer's grown, but some love never truly goes away. ;) Naturally, I haven't seen seasons 3-5, but I think that since Skate was one of the original ships on the island that got so much attention, the writers aren't going to completely abandon it. It would be pretty hilarious if the quadrangle completely broke up and everyone ended up with the most unlikely people at the last minute! Juliet and Hurley, Sawyer and dead!Shannon, Jack and the black smoke, Kate and Ben...:lol: I personally think that there can't possibly be a total resolution at the end of the series, you know? There are so many fans for each couple that there will be an uprising if Jate/Skate/Suliet all don't happen. The writers are going to have to be very tricky with this one.

I SAW MY FIRST EPISODE IN 10 DAYS! *kisses it* So...there is a balloon and a grave, but as I've known all along, he's not Henry Gale. :-P I wonder if he killed the real Henry, or if Henry was already dead...

That's such an adorable banner! :swoon: I'm in awe of how you flawless combined the images together in the middle. I can't stop staring at it. :-P

Finally, my banner. I know a few scenes that would rock some of these lyrics, but I can't use them. :'( Bla.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2009, 8:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Calloniel (PD) wrote:
Welcome back, SR! :D

Yup! There you go. ;) it was LaFleur. *le nod*

Nuuu! No Sawyer back with Kate. No. That would just be wrong after all he’s said and done. It really would be. He’s grown up in the past 3 years. *le nod* Juliet needed to hold on to her man and not give up so easily. Lol, well at least we agree on something when it comes to ships. :P

Well, that makes perfectly good sense. Awww… I’m sorry to hear that. I guess it just means you need to watch more LOST! :teehee:

Next volley! :D

I just think these lyrics fit this scene so well... it was such a horrible and sad scene. :'(

This. Is. Gorgeous.

:swoon:

All the volleys so far look great, actually!!

And woah, I still think that one image is a manip....Sawyer looks SO MUCH like he does in the episode "I Do" from season 4 that I thought you made a manip! *confused* Oh well :D

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2009, 8:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

:drool:

I've been watching this since the begining... my word. Those are all so beautiful. :swoon: Sawyer!!! lol, no... the lyrics fit wonderfully... and you two make epic graphics...

As for who I ship... I haven't seen Juliet/Sawyer, so I wouldn't know... at this point (end of season 3), I can't see 'em together... but, I'm not big on Skate either. I lean towards Jate... but yesh. ;)

Awesome battle. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 11:10 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

SR, we shall see what the writers have in store. :P ;) lol, I’m not sure about people ending up with random other people (Ben and Kate!? 0_0) but I do think it’d be sorta funny if the quadrangle split up. If for nothing else at least then the drama would be over. :P

Lol, by now you know what happened to poor Henry Gale, right?

Hopefully you’ll get to those scenes soon? What season are they from? :erm: (it sorta makes me feel bad and all, you know, since you can’t use as many scenes/seasons as I can) btw, I love the colors in that banner… they’re so pretty and glowy! Is that one pic or two expertly blended together, btw? :blink:

TT, you hath finally come out from hiding! :P I figured you had been stalking around somewhere in the dark corners of this battle. Hehe.

Hopefully you’ll be on my side before the end… trust me, I would’ve never visualized them together either. ;) Jate?!?! Are you insane!? :blink: :hammer:

Awww, btw, thank you, you three. :blush: I’m glad you guys liked the volley/volleys. *hugs*

Next volley!
http://i25.tinypic.com/4rwcqf.jpg

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2009, 5:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

The writers will always continue to amaze us. ;) I just watched the first two episodes of season 3, and Ben does have Kate wear that pretty sundress...who knows? :-P Oh, and I'm a total Jack/Juliet fan. Adorable! I found myself liking Jack when I saw all that happened with Sarah. What I think will happen in the end of the series is this: The whole bomb thing (or whatever their plan was) will work, and everything on the island never would have happened. The plane goes on as normal and everyone will continue to be strangers. But...two of the characters will pass each other on the street one time and be like, "Do I know you?" What do you think?

Ahhh, the lovable "Henry Gale". Who I totally knew was Ben Linus. :lol:

Well, I was planning to use the Kate crying/Sawyer hugs her scene at the end of season 2, and I just got to the next Skate kiss. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Yeah, I think Ben and the Others are Skaters. They made her wear that dress so Sawyer would kiss her, and Ben noticed she asked where Sawyer and Jack were, not where Jack and Sawyer were. Which, by the way, I noticed, too. ;) It's just one picture in the banner that I rotated a little. :)

I ended up using the same line you did, but that was sort of an accident. I didn't remember which line you has used. Your banner is SOOOOOOO much better than mine is (I couldn't fit the text in right, and I'm just not happy with it)!! I absolutely love all of the textures you used, and the different style is so pretty.