Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 7:01 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Well, for me, it all started about three years ago because of high school graduation requirements and University of Califonia requirements for high school classes. I had to take a fine arts class, but I'm horrible at conventional art, and I didn't want to copy my brother by taking photography. So, my sophomore year, I took Graphic Design. I used to use Hyperstudio when I was in elementary school, so I had already had some skill in creating things on the computer.

I learned how to use Appleworks, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Pagemaker. I was always the first done with assignments, so I just started messing around while waiting for others to finish (which was sometimes a few days). One of our assignments was to make a CD cover. Once I finished it following the guidelines, I made another - for Fellowship of the Ring. That basically started me off on my graphic-making. My brother gave me Photoshop for our home computer, so I sort of just starting making things. A lot of my early stuff is lost, though, since the computer I was using totally crashed, and I had only uploaded my recent stuff to Photobucket.

This past year I haven't made too much, since senior year took its toll. But now that I have a four month break (more like three now...), I'm trying to get started again. Of course, it makes it a bit hard to create graphics when using a trackpad, so it's slow going since I have to borrow my brother's mouse.

~*~Byrd~*~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 9:06 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I guess it started when I got interested in creating websites which was about 5 years ago. At the time the only "graphic" program i knew how to use was Paint (which isn't really a graphic program, but ya know what I mean) and I had to ask my friend to make banners or backgrounds for me.

Then I got Adobe Photo Deluxe which I learned how to use and was able to at least make something a little bit more good looking and I was really getting into making layouts for my websites (although they were still very crappy looking compared to what I can do now).

Then my brother got the program Macromedia Fireworks and eventually I got hooked on that as well, now really being able to make animated graphics and also very very cool-looking blends/backgrounds/wallpapers/banners. And the more I played with it, the better I got and the rest his history lol

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)