Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help please
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 1:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

This really isn't about making graphics but rather about using them. However I did not know where to put this. So if it is in the wrong place feel free to move.
See I was Finaly able to use a url to put up a banner that one of the users here were nice enough to make for me. However it is quite small (no offence meant). Is it suposed to be like that though? How can you tell? Is there any way that I can enlargre it?

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 1:53 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Hmm... is it the one in your sig? Because I would say that it is way too small and not the size intended. When you requested the banners in a thread or via PM and the banner was made and posted for you, was it a normal size, like the one in my sig, or the size it is in your sig?

If it was like my banner, then you know that's how it's meant to look, and it could be that your uploading host has re-sized it for some reason. If it was the small size when it was given to you, you probably should contact the person who made it for you and ask them to re-psot it.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 4:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh, dear. :blush: When it was given to me, it was the size of your banners. However...well you see how it looks in my signature. Um, I used photobucket as the hosting site (I think that is what you call it?).

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 7:01 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Hmm...well I have heard of things like this happening before. Just as an experiment, try uploading the banner through Imageshack - you don't need to register to use this. And then see what size the banner is. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 7:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

Okay, I uploaded it to imageshack (first of all...let me say that that site is really strange. It lets you put things on there without being registered or anything is strange. lol). Um I tried to put it in my signature using one of their codes but I could not get it to work at all. :blink: Uh it did say that it was 320/68 or 116 kb though. Does that mean anything to you? (because to me it sounds like a forgein language...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 7:47 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

When your image has been uploaded there will be a page of codes aye? The code you want is the one that says "direct link to image" (this is usually the last code on the page). Then you copy the code, come on here and paste it into your sig using this code

[img]---URL%20goes%20here%20---[/img].

And that will work. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 8:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ooh look....it's a bit bigger! :bounce: It still isn't as big as it was when the other poster posted it...but it is better, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 9:16 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Yes... it is better.... could you do me a favour? Could you either post me the link to thread that contains the banner that was made for you OR could you right click on the banner that was posted for you (the one that's full size), copy the URL, and post the URL here?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 9:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

Okay let me try to give you the link to the page where I recieved the banner. It should be towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... start=1024

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 9:57 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Okie-dokie.

Now put this URL in your sig, the way I told you before and *fingers crossed* it should work Ok for you. :-)

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5469/1rb9kf7.png

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 11:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

It works! :bounce: (happy dance) I have no earthly idea how you did that...but I am So glad that you did. Thank you a hundred million blue zillion times over. Really thank you so much. I have tried for near a year to get that thing to work...lol. Thank you for helping me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 8:41 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Wow, now that is a looong time. :lol: I have no idea why it wasn't working for you, but I'm glad it's Ok now. Enjoy it! :D

Profile       WWW