Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Avatar file type question
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 7:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Okay, I have a question about avatars. A person on another board made me a way awesome banner to use on said board. Well, that site seems to only want to take gif (and sometimes jpg) file types. Okay that is all well and good except for the fact that the avatar is a bmp. So my question is...is there any way that I could make it a gif (or jpg) file type? :confused: Sorry for having to ask such a stupid question... :blush:.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 7:58 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Yep. If you save the avatar to your computer, find the file, and right click it. An option to rename the file should appear. Where is says avatarname.bmp change it to avatarname.jpg or. gif. And that should work. :-)

If that doesn't work, post the avatar here, and I'll change it for you in my graphics programme.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 9:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

JF, Oh, thank you for replying! Allrighty let me try that...(one hour later... :explode: at my own computer ineptness... sighs) I have no idea why it will not change it. It will give me a different code like thing. However it still says "image type bitmap...bmp" (even though on photobucket it keeps trying to list it as a jpg... :confused: :confuzzled:), and the forum just keeps telling me invailed file...(sighs)
Um okay, well here is the link to it on my photobucket thing... http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q255 ... nt=lol.jpg (a poster that goes by kingDom815 on Lost forum made it for me) If you could change it to a JPEG or gif (I think that the gif might work on the other forum as well...) It really would meant alot to me. I am sorry that I am having to ask for help again. :blush:

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 10:22 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Oh, Ok. Well I have changed the files for you. I have saved one as a gif and one as a jpg, so hopefully one of those should work for you. :-)

Image Image

Good luck! :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 10:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

JF, Oh, thank you thank you, thank you, Mum! (hands JF a cookie) It is no longer telling me that it is a bmp file! :bounce: Thank you so much! Now...I shall have to work on trying to get it up...lol....when and if I do I will gladly creadit you for helping me. :-D Thank you once again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 11:54 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Aw, you're welcome. :-)

What LOST forum are you on by the way? :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2007, 9:16 am 
Istari
Istari

Well, actualy it is a part of the Lost media site that you introduced me to. :-D I go by Drew's Destiny there as well. It is a pretty cool forum. Here is the link if you want to check it out sometime... http://lost-forum.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2007, 11:33 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Haha, I'm on there as well! I haven't posted much but I'm Ben's Fan. :D

Profile       WWW