Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924, 925 ... 954  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 8:52 am 
Vala
Vala

I haven't posted here in a while. Don't eat me, though I know I must taste of awesomeness, still just don't. XD *plops down*

Padawan wrote:
Yeah, I've never been flirty like that either, Silver...just not my style. I am comfortable around guys though (like you Nurr :) ), so it's more of just a friends basis...not a potential to like - at least on their part... :grr: I guess I don't mind it too much, but when I see some of my friends that are girls going through boyfriends every week, it's like what the haybale?! They get all these guys begging them to go out with 'em...couldn't I have just one?! :blink: :p

Me, flirty...in real life, nah. Online, sure! :teehee: I'm not much comfortable around guys, see here, I guess it's because I've been going to an all girls' school for a little more than 4 years and I haven't had much experience with that other gender (or species :P) for a long time, except for just family. I really only talk to guys online and a few old friends now and then. Pada, I can so relate to that whole friend thing, well kind of, my friends have sort of been stuck with their guys for months now and I envy them a bit, because they're always so loviedovie and I can't help thinking if I'll ever be like that with someone.

But the odd part is, I have been in a relationship, though it didn't last long. The guy was one of my first crushes (I'm talking years of ogling him haha) and then one day I found him online. Before I forget, his mom is also my private driver to and from school, so yeah, I see him now and then. Ok, online, we chatted for a while then, surprise and *gasp*, he asked me to his graduation. :) Ever since that week, we were together. But things fell apart over the summer, I realised that maybe he wasn't the perfect guy for me now. I still get flutterbies (XD!) when I hear about him or some one just mentions his name and on seeing him, I bet I turn beet red haha. We haven't spoken in weeks, I guess both of us are just too lazy to pick up the phone or just not sure of what the other feels. But we've gone back to the "just friends" status and I'm ok with it at the moment. ;)

Though when I really think about it and from what I noticed, if I had to like a guy, I'd much rather them to be older than me. Most guys my age tend to be egotistical jerks or just jerks. :P And I just have to say this last thing, but I'd love to have a future boyfriend who's like my cousin...he's the perfect material (with a few glitches here and there) but he's great nonetheless and his girlfriend is one lucky gal. :lol:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 9:34 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Hehe, the last paragraphs remind of what my mom always says. And the other what my friend's mom always says.

"Think of every date as a potential mate" that's my mom's saying.

"You should rather be an old man's darling than a young man's slave" my friend's mom's saying. This isn't always true, though.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 9:59 am 
Maia
Maia

Interesting idea, slugging a guy to get their attention... :P Never done it meself, don't necessarily plan to, either!

Like Eruraina, I'm slightly more of a tom boy as well... love swords, would usually rather hanging out with guys than girls who talk about their nails and hair and guys.
At our conference in August I do admit to hanging out with my friend Ben the same amount as with my friend Sharon...
... to the point where my older sister thought I liked him... xD

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 11:18 am 
Balrog
Balrog

SilverRose wrote:
I know nothing about getting a guy to like me. Me=no experience. lol I'm pretty quiet around guys and have very very few guy friends, so that's probably why no guy has ever liked me. I just don't feel very comfortable around the guys at my school. I've never understood how some girls can be so flirty and hang out with guys like that. It's just not...me. *sighs*

I am just like that, too. I'm kinda quiet and shy by nature, so it doesn't come easy for me. Especially since there aren't many guys around anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 12:41 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

SilverRose wrote:
heehee I always seem to like someone. Not a serious I-love-you-so-much-I'd-die-for-you sorta thing, but the kind where they walk into the room and your heart jumps about 60 feet. And...no one has ever liked me back.

Oh, I know that feeling. Butterflies in the stomach! There's no guys I'm crushing on now... because I don't see a whole lot of them. There are guys that are just friends at church, and there's not a whole lot of them (most I've never talked to) in my classes at school, especially the classes that are preparing people for entrance to the health programs- nursing, dental hygiene, etc. Not a lot of guys in those classes.

And, my cousin just got married a couple of weeks ago. It makes me wistful... I wish I had a guy that adored me as much as her new husband does her.

I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
You took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 5:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

Aranel Faelwen wrote:
And I just have to say this last thing, but I'd love to have a future boyfriend who's like my cousin...he's the perfect material (with a few glitches here and there) but he's great nonetheless

Ok, wow. That's exactly how it is with me! My cousin is 6ft 4in, has black hair and blue eyes, is an amazing Christian guy who's not an idiot with girls or crude and.....he doesn't wear pants that hang to his knees! Sometimes I'm like, "It's just my luck that he's my relative." *pouts* lol The guys I always end up crushing on are the bad boy type; the exact opposite of me. Hey, you know what they say. Opposites attract!

At the moment there are 3 guys that I think are fairly cute. One, I've liked for going on three years. This is quite sad, considering that our contact has consisted of, "Sorry. Thank you. Excuse me. Thanks." I really really really liked him for a couple of years, but now it's calming down. It's totally not meant to be. The other guys are just good-looking, fairly funny, and...have muscles. heehee But...I would never go out with them. I'm so strange that way. Most girls I know would go out with a guy because he's "hott", but I want something more than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 1:03 am 
Maia
Maia

SilverRose wrote:
Aranel Faelwen wrote:
And I just have to say this last thing, but I'd love to have a future boyfriend who's like my cousin...he's the perfect material (with a few glitches here and there) but he's great nonetheless

Ok, wow. That's exactly how it is with me! My cousin is 6ft 4in, has black hair and blue eyes, is an amazing Christian guy who's not an idiot with girls or crude and.....he doesn't wear pants that hang to his knees! Sometimes I'm like, "It's just my luck that he's my relative." *pouts*

I know what you mean... not that my cousins are like that, I haven't even SEEN my boy cousins for about 2 years.
But yeah, definitely agree about the pants thing... honestly I couldn't respect a guy who wore his pants like that... :duh:

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 1:05 am 
Balrog
Balrog

There's one of my second cousins in particular that I find very attractive. But [my mom's side of] my family are close knit, even though we only see most of them once a year, that second cousin is more like first cousin. Too closely related.

Actually, I saw some very cute guys while I was in Amsterdam!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 5:44 am 
Vala
Vala

SilverRose wrote:
Aranel Faelwen wrote:

Ok, wow. That's exactly how it is with me! My cousin is 6ft 4in, has black hair and blue eyes, is an amazing Christian guy who's not an idiot with girls or crude and.....he doesn't wear pants that hang to his knees! Sometimes I'm like, "It's just my luck that he's my relative." *pouts* .

:lol: Well, my cousin isn't that tall, he's about 5'6" and he's growing a goatee now...probably for his girlfriend. XD But he is also a Christian and he dresses sophisticatedly. Great sense of humour and lots of charm, a person sure to keep you entertained. I'm also usually like you are. I'll be like, "He just had to my cousin didn't he?" *whine* :P His younger brother's quite a catch too, and though sometimes I envy the girls they're with, having them as cousins is a gift. But I think we have gone past the line of being cousins, I consider them both my older brothers. If I ever feel down, all I have to do is hear either of their voices and I feel better. They're such an inspiration to me, I'd love to be like them someday.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 1:37 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^ (I'm so shallow) How old is your cousin? Because 5'6" for a guy kinda weirds me out. Then again, I consider guys less than six feet tall to be a little short. It's what comes of having a dad that was 6'5" and a brother that is close to that height.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 2:26 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ha! Earyende, I know how you feel. All the guys I like are really tall it comes from having a really tall dad and I'm sure it doesn't help that most of my good guy friends are over 6 feet, one of them might hit 7' soon.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 2:47 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

LOL there's one guy I went to school with, he played basketball and baseball... and he was tall. (Ok, I just looked at the UT baseball roster and it says he's 6'5"... I'm pretty sure he's taller than that!).

(btw, your sig is making me laugh. it looks like Clo[thes]pin :lol:)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 3:02 pm 
Vala
Vala

Eäryendë wrote:
^ (I'm so shallow) How old is your cousin? Because 5'6" for a guy kinda weirds me out. Then again, I consider guys less than six feet tall to be a little short. It's what comes of having a dad that was 6'5" and a brother that is close to that height.

:lol: He'll be 25 on Monday 15 of this month. His height is because of his parents, both of them are short haha. His younger brother who's 19, is taller. It tends to happen like that in my family's youngest generation. The eldest seem to be the shorter of the siblings. My younger sister is sure to pass me soon. I stand at only 5'2" right now and I feel like a hobbit around my cousins. :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 3:10 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Hey, it could be worse, you could be shorter. LOL there was a girl I went to school with and she wasn't even 5 feet I think. Even when she wore tall shoes, she was shorter than I am barefoot. I'm between 5'7" and 5'8".

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 3:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lol, dude, Clopin is amazing. He is my favorite character in Hunchback of Notre Dame, book and movie version. *huggles Clopin* Yeah, anyway, I'm a lot shorter than my guy friends and family. It's sad.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 8:31 pm 
Elf
Elf

Wow...all your cousins sound so dreamy... :teehee:
My cousins aren't like that...or wait - they are. :p I just don't see them much and...yeah...they're my cousins. One can't exactly like one's cousins quite like that... :p
All your cousins however = fair game. :teehee:
Kidding... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924, 925 ... 954  Next