Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2009, 1:33 am 
Vala
Vala

I'm going to guess that the second scene takes place after Jack heals. You're right: his arms do look regular colored, like he had time to get better. However, it looks like he's in the same place, chained to the same wall, so I he had very much time inbetween healing and getting cemement poured on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 1:45 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

I just want to point out that if someone WAS coming after Torchwood, why would anyone be target ONE other than Jack? The leader is always number one. It wouldn't make sense for Gwen or Ianto to be target one.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 2:56 am 
Vala
Vala

Exactly. The woman said "Target one is elliminated." Jack is the only one who can be elliminated and not actually be elliminated. So, I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of Jack whumping going on. Yay angst!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 7:57 pm 

Of course they did say "Target One Elinated" around the time they showed Gwen blowing up...

Nope, sorry, just wishful thinking. :teehee:

I'm pretty sure it's Jack. I can't see how it could be anyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 8:22 pm 
Vala
Vala

Did anyone see the clip of Gwen like, leaping out of the back of the truck, shooting a gun in each hand, all hero like, and just sighed "seriously?" I mean, come on. Give us viewers a bit of credit. We do realize that Gwen is a kick-@ss heroine. We don't need to be subjected to overblown cliche action to prove that.

(@shadowcat: yes shadowcat, I do know that it is you! Muahaha! )

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 8:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ahhh, but do you know who I am?
That stunt was so badly shot if you ask me. And sadly, she seemed perfectly fine after that 'splosion.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 9:10 pm 

Well, if she isn't making cow eyes at Jack while she's asploding, I guess that's okay.

But seriously. Gwen stunts? Fail. No other words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2009, 9:15 pm 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

I know. I had a brief moment where I was like "maybe that was Gwen that exploded!" But, it can't be. It must be Jack.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2009, 2:12 am 
Vala
Vala

I name you Lothycat! Your disguise has no effect on me!

Yeah, Gwen just got flung a bit from the blast.

But did anyone else notice the scratch on Ianto's cheek? I think it makes him look absolutley rugged! He's so cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2009, 7:08 pm 

Someone getting cemented? Boring. Gwen asploding? Yawn. Ianto with a scratch on his cheek? OH NOES THE POOR LITTLE WELSHBOY WE MUST PROTECT HIM!!!!1!!!1!!!!one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2009, 7:15 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yes, but not too much. I think he looks dashing with the scratch on his cheek. But yeah, we should definately protect him from say, dying. Definately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2009, 2:31 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

Captain the Chameleon wrote:
Someone getting cemented? Boring. Gwen asploding? Yawn. Ianto with a scratch on his cheek? OH NOES THE POOR LITTLE WELSHBOY WE MUST PROTECT HIM!!!!1!!!1!!!!one!

I laughed so hard at that. Especially since you just summed up every single Ianto fangirl on the planet.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2009, 6:25 pm 
Vala
Vala

Hellz yeah! That's how we roll. Screw the others, save Ianto! Well, I guess you could scerw him too it you wanted :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2009, 9:29 pm 

Costar the Chameleon wrote:

I laughed so hard at that. Especially since you just summed up every single Ianto fangirl on the planet.

'Twas my goal. :lol:

And Nauriel... :laugh: Oh man. My parents must think I've gone mental I'm laughing so hard. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2009, 9:30 pm 

Costar the Chameleon wrote:

'Twas my goal. :lol:

And Nauriel... :laugh: Oh man. My parents must think I've gone mental I'm laughing so hard. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2009, 2:36 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Nauriel Rochnur-
Quote:
it looks like he's in the same place, chained to the same wall, so I he had very much time inbetween healing and getting cemement poured on him.
Mmmm..., not necessarily (I'm guessing you meant to write "so I doubt he had very much time in between healing and getting cement poured on him."). Considering how badly burned he was in that first shot, I'd guess the time span between the two events is close to a week. I figure they let him alone when he revived, since he was so seriously burned that moving at all would be excruciatingly painful, but once he completely healed, they buried him in cement. That's probably how Gwen, Ianto, and Rhys find him.

About Gwen's fancy shooting when she jumps out of the van: Yeah, I thought that was rather over-the-top, too 8/. I don't mind action sequences, understand, but that was a little much :|.

Quote:
did anyone else notice the scratch on Ianto's cheek? I think it makes him look absolutley rugged!
Not quite rugged, IMO, anyway, more like tough, still, a nice touch- shows he's hardly a slouch (e.g. isn't afraid to get battered around along with everyone else, if things get to that point) when it comes to putting life and limb on the line :cool:. Now, if he'd had that scratch and was a bit scruffy, then I'd say he looks "rugged" ;). Although, seeing him like that might be too much for us fans to handle :P. We'd probably all be reacting like this whenever he showed up on screen: :drool:, then :swoon: ;).

Tar-Gray- Exactly :yes:. Yet another reason the holdouts I mentioned in my original post are completely wrong in their view that the burned man chained to the wall isn't Jack ;).

Now then, a few more trailer caps to ponder over (all snatched from a post on another forum) 8):
First- Image Wanted to post this because (1) I still can't get over not seeing Jack in his usual wardrobe (Yes, that is him behind and to the left of Ianto ;). It doesn't look like him at first, I know, but it is ;)) :P, and (2) to get your guys' opinions on where in the story arc you think this takes place. Personally, I'm guessing it's around episode four or five.

Second- Image
Image The biggest thing I'm wondering about these two images is what exactly is Jack looking at :/? I'd guess either a ship carrying some of the aliens that are going to serve as the villains in the story, or him watching helplessly while his adult daughter is being taken away again (the "decision that no parent should ever have to make" spoken of in one of the posts in that link I provided in my very first comment about the trailer). What do you guys think 8]?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next