Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 11:49 pm 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

ethelfleda: Pfft. You're just smart. :P And what is this with the Torchwood website not being available to anyone outside the UK? I had to use a proxy to get in. *Shakes head*

Nauriel: Thanks. :)

I know. It was amazing. I tried to make an animated avatar of the chair part, but without the context it looked so wrong. :lol:
The phones line was pure genius, but I think my favorite was at the very end...
Owen: And what if they can't?
Ianto: Then it's all over.
Owen: ...Let's all have sex.
Ianto: And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 1:55 am 
Istari
Istari

^ i knew bbc iplayer was only available in the uk (something to do with rights agreements), but i didn't realise the torchwood website was too. well, i guess there have to be some things we don't give you guys. :P i mean, we've already given you our language, independence, and complete and unwarranted support for an illegal war that's caused as many problems as it solved...what more do you want? *apologises profusely for going a wee bit political and retreats into hiding*

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Last edited by ethelfleda on February 4th, 2008, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 2:11 am 

^^Ha ha ha ha ha! :roflmao: I thought we fought for our independence. I guess I'm wrong. ;)

Anyway, I've just seen "Sleeper." Loved it. Ianto in pink. :drool: Ha ha ha ha! Very...human...episode. Huzzah!

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 8:43 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Nauriel Rochnur wrote:
tim^4, I love your banner and avvie. Lovely, simply lovely.

Ianto was such a snark in the episode "Sleeper." I love the part where he was sitting in the mind probe chair and he started to shake, pretneding to be about to explode, and the time he was explaining that the phones did not work: "Land lines, cell phones, tin cans with bits of string, the phones don't work. The phones are down. (pretending to have a phone) Hello? Is anybody there? No, because the phone lines are down." Ianto = <3

XD YES!
I loved that part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 8:50 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Yeah, doesn't anyone here think Ianto got the best lines in this episode?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 10:28 pm 
Vala
Vala

Inato did get the best lines. I'm still laughing over his mind probe stunt. (Even though that wasn't a line, his actions said mre than words)
I also loved the part where..
Ianto: "Just us, in this room, as long as it takes". Terrifying.
Jack: Really?
Ianto: Absolutely, shivers down my spine.
Jack: You don't look scared.
Ianto: Oh, it...passed.
Jack:Rarw!

he was just so snark! I loved him!

He wore pink in Sleeper!? I know he wore pink in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, but I didn't see it in Sleeper! I have to look that up. Real men wear pink!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 11:07 pm 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

ethelfleda wrote:
^ i knew bbc iplayer was only available in the uk (something to do with rights agreements), but i didn't realise the torchwood website was too. well, i guess there have to be some things we don't give you guys. :P i mean, we've already given you our language, independence, and complete and unwarranted support for an illegal war that's caused as many problems as it solved...what more do you want? *apologises profusely for going a wee bit political and retreats into hiding*

The episodes on SideReel are higher quality anyway, but I needed the wallpapers and such. Pfft. I want it all, especially Turkish Delight. I have NEVER been able to find it. *Rambles* And I totally agree with you when it comes to your rant. ;)

Really, Ianto looks good in every color. It doesn't matter anyway... As the shirt is definitely not what I'm looking at. :P You know, in the topic review feature, all but three of the posts are about him. *Glares at ethelfleda* This is awesome.

Now on to something that DOESN'T INVOLVE IANTO. *Gasp*
Am I the only one who is really not excited about three episodes with Martha? I haven't really liked her in Doctor Who, but coming over to rain on my Torchwood parade is just too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 11:17 pm 
Istari
Istari

^ exactly which site is it you can't get into? cuz i can try and dowload some wallpapers and post links here.

no, you're not the only one who's not pleased about martha. i really can't stand her, so i was not impressed when i heard she was going to be doing her utmost to ruin torchwood for me too. of course, it didn't help that i discovered that delightful piece of news at the same time that i found out that donna was going to be the doctor's new companion. i don't think there's been any good casting news since my beloved eccleston left. :annoyed:

and i apologise for not having previously said anything about ianto. of course i love him too. have done since series one. and i agree, he really does get the best lines. you want me to edit my previous posts so he gets a mention in every one?

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 8:20 pm 
Vala
Vala

@ tim^4: What part of Ianto are you looking at? :P I rewatched Sleeper. When I first saw the show, I thought Ianto's shirt was red. But, when I saw it for the second time, I realized that it actually was pink! It wasn't the baby pink in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, it was more of a deep vibrant, almost red pink. How dashing.

Somthing that doesn't involve Ianto....That's like, a quesadilla without the cheese! Oh, alright. I don't much care for Martha being in Torchwood either. I mean, I liked her alright in Doctor Who, but I think the transition is going to be difficult. When I think about it, Martha can't fit into Torchwood being exactly like she was in Doctor who. The shows are just too different. In Doctor Who, its a very clean, family friendly, no swearing show, whereas in Torchwood there's as many f-bombs as there is blood, and everybody has a hard time keeping his or her pants up! She either has to change dramatically or remain kiddishly clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 8:28 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well, Ianto is rather cute and funny and adorable. But I'm sorry to say I like Owen a lot more. For some odd reason, I'm attracted to him. I don't know why exactly.

As for Martha, I'm kind of, sort of all right with it. I'm just wondering how the team will react to someone who knows more about Jack than all four of them combined. Toshiko will probably be like "Oh, new person. Hello, welcome to Torchwood" and move on. Owen will probably get defensive and nasty because he probably thinks she's going to be his replacement. Gwen is going to get jealous of Martha because Martha obviously know a lot more about Jack than she does and you know how it makes Gwen mad when she doesn't know a lot about Jack. And Ianto will probably be jealous too because she's distracting Jack from him. Which is nigh impossible.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 8:11 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I think I must be Martha's only fan :lol:
I'm really excited to see her in Torchwood, see how as Frosty said, how they all react to her presence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 12:11 pm 

No, I like Martha! :D I think she deserves more credit than she gets. ;)

Though, I really don't think Torchwood is a good place for her. :no: It'll be interesting to see her with them, but I bet there's a reason why she's only sticking around for a few episodes. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 1:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lol - I think Ianto is deffinately getting, well, cokier :-D I'm loving it!

I think the exact Phone snark was:

"Mobiles, land lines, tin cans with bits of string. Everything, absolutely everything! No phones, phones all broken! Hello, anybody there? No, because the phones arn't working!" lol luved it

my other fave bit had to be:

Beth: "You're bedside manner's rubbish!"
Gwen: "You should see his manners in bed, they're atroscious! Apparantly, so i've heard."
Ianto: "Oh they are, i remember this one..."

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 2:05 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Coccinelle wrote:
No, I like Martha! :D I think she deserves more credit than she gets. ;)

Though, I really don't think Torchwood is a good place for her. :no: It'll be interesting to see her with them, but I bet there's a reason why she's only sticking around for a few episodes. :lol:

Definetly doesn't get the credit she deserves.

I guess we'll find out if Martha fits into the Torchwood dynamic or not. I think it'll be interesting for sure. I'm pretty sure Martha can handle it. I think her short stay may have something to do with the Season 4 DW episodes with the last 3 companions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 6:36 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ohhhhhh, just watched episode 4: Meat. Very very good. not going to give away any spoilers though. :bones: What i will say though, and this is from the preview for ep 5 'Adam' is that Owen looks very cute in a cardigan, geek style :) ep 6 is called 'Reset' That's the one with Martha in it.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 7:26 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Two weeks till I get some Martha whoooot!

But yeah, this weeks episode was really good. Very emotional and much tugging of the heart strings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next