Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 2:03 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

War Machine is who James 'Rhodey' Rhodes becomes in the comics. Which is basically a modified Iron Man suit.

This is War Machine:

and an awesome fan art I found on how he could look in the movies (and made me giddy lol)

His wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Machine

...buuuuuuuut back to the man of the thread :P

I really love the part when he comes back from Afghanistan and he's mooching for burgers XD just so funny. He must have had about a dozen cheeseburgers :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 5:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

......I gotta say that that looks pretty hott. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing how he turns out! I don't know what they're going to do about Rhodey, since they randomly replaced Terrence Howard. How are they going to pull that one off? "Oh, he changed a lot since the last movie." lol

Oh, I love that scene! He's just walking into the press conference with his cheeseburgers, and I laugh every time he tells everyone to sit down. It's so Tony. :-D One of my favorite scenes of the movie is with him and Pepper, when she has to replace the miniaturized arc reactor. "I'm going into cardiac arrest since you yanked it out like a trout!" :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2008, 3:31 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

It's very awesome. When he finally makes it on the big screen, It'll be hard for me not to let out a huge squeal. I'm a huge mark for his character, so when Rhodey said "next time baby, next time" the fangirl in me was soooo happy.

lolol yeah that scene with Pepper was great. I wasn't happy with Gwyneth's casting. But she made me a believer. She had great chemistry with RDJ that really mirrored there comic book relationship. It'll be interesting to see her go from that to starting a relationship with Happy Hogan and how Tony deals with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2008, 5:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ohhhhh! That explains that line. I was like, "Ummm...the mini arc reactor isn't even in the suit. How would he expect it to go anywhere?" For comic book fans, that must have been awesome to hear. :)

I think Gwyneth looks a lot like how Pepper should look, but I don't really like her delivery of some of the scenes. That "You'll die!" line seemed very cliched, but I really loved the rooftop almost-kiss scene. It was so sweet! :happy:

......I'm lost again. Happy Hogan? I am requesting yet another explanation. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 6:58 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Happy Hogan is Tony's driver/bodyguard/confidante and was played by director Jon Favreau in the movies. In the comics, he and Pepper begin a relationship and later get married and leave Stark Industries.

The almost kiss scene. I was sooooo glad that it never happened. It would have completely ruined there relationship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 7:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh yeah! I remember him, when they're in the car and Pepper calls him by name. Gotcha. :) I really would prefer for her to end up with Tony, though, even if it doesn't follow the comics. She brings out a really good side in him, and maybe it would stop his stupid womanizing ways. :-D

I liked how Tony didn't try to make a move in her, and how he let her pull back. It would have totally ruined it if he had tried something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 12:55 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I'd implode if they put Tony and Pepper together, just cause it looked good. I'm glad to hear though, that Jon is definetly looking to work the Pepper/Happy relationship into the next two movies.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 6:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

haha Well, I'm a sucker for romance, so it wouldn't bother me. Even so, as long as they don't jump into the Pepper/Happy relationship out of nowhere, I'll be fine.

I think they'll probably have Tony end up with Pepper, since Tony's the main character and you can't have the main character left in the dust, especially Tony. It will be interesting to see how things play out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 8:38 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

It's not the romance that bothers me. It's the fact it never should happen. She's meant to be with Happy and they live happily ever after....well as happy as any comic book couple can.

I don't think Jon will shoehorn it in just so he can get to kiss Gwyneth lol. But it needs to be at least mentioned or hinted at in IM2 and then shown in IM3.

Pepper and Tony won't end up together. Jon Favreau would have to fight off an angry baying mob of comic book geeks if he did. Also being a comic geek himself, he would be against it, even if the studio put pressure on him. Which again, thinking that over, won't happen either as it's done by Marvel Studios and not a huge corporation like Fox or Sony.

Tony won't be left in the dust, he has far more important things in his life than trying to get into a relationship, wether it's with Pepper or some other random pretty girl that crosses his path. He's came out as Iron Man to the whole world. He's being recruited for The Avengers, he'll be far too busy to have any sort of romantic relationship other than his usual one night flings. Pepper is better than that, he knows this and will let her be happy with Happy XD

...wow I typed way more than I meant too lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 2:33 pm 
Istari
Istari

That all makes perfect sense. :) I guess I shall have another unrequited couple to obsess over, then. (As you can see with my Aragorn/Eowyn obsession, I love depressing couples way more than happy ones.)

I can't say I'm thrilled with him not ending up with her, but knowing Tony, he'll be fine. I just hope he won't have any more one-night stands, since I'm really against that. :confused: Oh well, he seems to be learning and hopefully becomes more responsible....but then again, if he did that, he wouldn't be the amazing Tony Stark that we all know and love. His being impulsive and sarcastic is what we love most!

This club, although there are very few of us, *coughonlytwoofuspostcoughcough* is totally awesome! These conversations are great, Raivynn. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2008, 12:49 am 

I don't know a lot about the comics but I was really disappointed at the news that Terrence Howard would not be returning as Rhodey. I thought he and Robert Downey Jr. had that charisma on screen together as a duo. I totally teared up when Rhodey found Tony in the desert and said, "How was the Fun-Vee? Next time, you ride with me."

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 12:56 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I'm enjoying the convo's too. Which if this was a year or two ago, I'd have muttered some obscenities about Stark.
XD

Kit: Yeah the decision to replace Terrance was very strange and completely our of left field. I'll miss him loads, but I'm going to give Don Cheadle the chance to impress me. Now....if he ends up wearing the War Machine armour, that'll be enough to keep me content.

I love that scene too. For me it was the first real sense of there closeness that's in the comic that wasn't conveyed to well in beginning of the movie. But that moment was perfect and beautifully shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 1:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

I actually wasn't too pleased with Terrence Howard's acting, but I do love that scene with Tony. The emotion is incredible! Do you think they'll end up addressing the change in actors in the second movie, or do you think they'll pretend nothing happened?

I remember watching the cave scene when they put the magnet in his chest for the first time, and I totally freaked out. I had no idea what they were doing to him, and I was like, "Nooo! What are you doing to him? Stop it! I love him!" lol How did you guys react?

(Kit, would you like to join? :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 2:28 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I don't see them acknowledging the actor change at all. There's no reason for them to. The character won't change, it'll just be a different acting style. The only thing I would think of, is some sort of cheeky adlib by Robert, but I dunno if he'd do that or not out of respect to Terrance.

I didn't freak out, because I knew what was happening at that scene. I had the advantage of knowing what it was and why they were doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 6:40 pm 

I'd love to join. :]

So Don Cheadle is the new Rhodey? We'll see. I really do have a soft spot for Terrence Howard. I've never seen him in anything before this, and I instantly fell in love with him. He's not too bad looking to boot.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2008, 5:58 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Welcome Kit! :D And I agree with you, I loved Terrance Howard as Rhodey and I'm very sad that he won't be in the next movie. It's always annoyed me when they change actors for the characters in between movies. :annoyed2:

Ringer for Christ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next